These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Hulkageddon V: Unholy Union. 4000 dead miners.

Author
Destiny Corrupted
Deadly Viper Kitten Mitten Sewing Company
Senpai's Afterschool Anime and Gaming Club
#201 - 2012-05-07 15:25:19 UTC
Brooks Puuntai wrote:
This is false but granted that maybe up to personal experience.

lol

Brooks Puuntai wrote:
People would be more willing to fly a frigate then a T2 cruiser in PVP. Why? Because its cheaper. Hence cost does in fact effect peoples risk aversion Look at RvB as a prime example, people flock to it because its combat in cheap ships.

A frigate is also much less efficient. People will fly a T2 cruiser when it's necessary for the task. Once again, I've never seen a decent pvper (let's face it, month-olds don't fly HACs anyway) say "sorry guys, can't afford the Zealot today, gonna show up in the Punisher instead." Also, cost per se has very little to do with RvB, and the prevalence of tech I ships in that environment.

Brooks Puuntai wrote:
This is true between the time that drone alloys was added in as well as L4s and low meta refinement as you stated. However since both those have been removed low end minerals primarily come from high-sec miners.

So you're saying that low-end minerals might revert from their free-flowing, depressed state? Are you saying this is a certain bad thing? Well, it might be; I don't have a crystal ball, however, I'm betting against it. A rise in the price of low-ends will shift the risk-reward equation in favor of miners, who will reap increased profit while facing similar costs, seeing as how Tritanium doesn't affect their equipment expenditures too severely.

Brooks Puuntai wrote:
In most cases people will kill whatever they can find. In the end people generally only care about padding their KB stats, quality is nice but quantity makes people feel more important.

This is an assumption and therefore an invalid argument.

Before you edited your post, you seemed to give in to/digress from the other points I made, so I won't go further. Unless you want me to.

I wrote some true EVE stories! And no, they're not of the generic "my 0.0 alliance had lots of 0.0 fleets and took a lot of 0.0 space" sort. Check them out here:

https://truestories.eveonline.com/users/2074-destiny-corrupted

Molang
MyXGamer
#202 - 2012-05-08 23:01:02 UTC  |  Edited by: Molang
Krixtal Icefluxor wrote:
Molang wrote:
Token care bear speaking

years ago I used to mine for my bread. Man am I glad I got out of the business. small profits, more dangerous than lvl 4 missions,

Yup, my 2 Billion a week with mining, PI, Missions, and Manufacturing BY MYSELF (we are all independent in Corp) and a few other odds and ends, is just so pathetic.

You have no clue what you speak of TBH.

Your quote of 2 billion a week is about right for a solo character doing all of those things. however the point was not that you could make a ton while incorporating mining, but that manufacturing, market trading, and mission running, make more per hour in hisec than mining.

Oh and you really should tool up to do research agents. Your missing out on easy isk yo
EvEa Deva
Doomheim
#203 - 2012-05-09 00:19:18 UTC
Special olympics of PvP you are all winners! whats next kittenageddon? bunnyageddon? ibisageddon?
Sigurd Sig Hansen
Doomheim
#204 - 2012-05-09 00:25:49 UTC
Molang wrote:
Krixtal Icefluxor wrote:
Molang wrote:
Token care bear speaking

years ago I used to mine for my bread. Man am I glad I got out of the business. small profits, more dangerous than lvl 4 missions,

Yup, my 2 Billion a week with mining, PI, Missions, and Manufacturing BY MYSELF (we are all independent in Corp) and a few other odds and ends, is just so pathetic.

Your quote of 2 billion a week is about right for a solo character doing all of those things. however the point was not that you could make a ton while incorporating mining, but that manufacturing, market trading, and mission running, make more per hour in hisec than mining.

Oh and you really should tool up to do research agents. Your missing out on easy isk yo

Not for long

Mining is the "Deadliest Catch" in this game

Molang
MyXGamer
#205 - 2012-05-09 01:03:54 UTC
Sigurd Sig Hansen wrote:
Molang wrote:
Krixtal Icefluxor wrote:
Molang wrote:
Token care bear speaking

Not for long

I know right! they are about to nerf research agents. Oh how I will miss the free ISK.
Fabulousli Obvious
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#206 - 2012-05-09 11:30:46 UTC
Molang wrote:
, make more per hour in hisec than mining.

YOU need to read a few DevBlogs and Forums as there is a BIG surprise coming your way May 22.

I am NOT YOUNG ENOUGH to know EVERYTHING.  ~~ Oscar Wilde, writer, d. November 30, 1900

Krixtal Icefluxor
INLAND EMPIRE Galactic
#207 - 2012-05-09 12:30:41 UTC  |  Edited by: Krixtal Icefluxor
EvEa Deva wrote:
whats next kittenageddon?

THIS sounds too adorable. Smile The mental imagery is fantastic.

Nothing's funner than a HexBug and a box-o-kittens.

"He has mounted his hind-legs, and blown crass vapidities through the bowel of his neck."  - Ambrose Bierce on Oscar Wilde's Lecture in San Francisco 1882

Jorma Morkkis
State War Academy
Caldari State
#208 - 2012-05-09 12:51:53 UTC
EvEa Deva wrote:
Special olympics of PvP you are all winners! whats next kittenageddon? bunnyageddon? ibisageddon?

Rokhageddon! That should be entertaining.
Fabulousli Obvious
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#209 - 2012-05-09 12:56:16 UTC
Jorma Morkkis wrote:
EvEa Deva wrote:

Rokhageddon! That should be entertaining.

There aren't enough of that useless ship around. Mine is only good for Gas Cloud Mining tbh since it can fit 5 turrets and has ok Cargo. That's it. Really.

I am NOT YOUNG ENOUGH to know EVERYTHING.  ~~ Oscar Wilde, writer, d. November 30, 1900

Jorma Morkkis
State War Academy
Caldari State
#210 - 2012-05-09 13:01:36 UTC
Fabulousli Obvious wrote:
There aren't enough of that useless ship around. Mine is only good for Gas Cloud Mining tbh since it can fit 5 turrets and has ok Cargo. That's it. Really.

No. You need around 1bil worth of Tornadoes with T2 fit to gank one in 1.0. Hence entertaining.
Fabulousli Obvious
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#211 - 2012-05-09 13:09:42 UTC
Jorma Morkkis wrote:

No. You need around 1bil worth of Tornadoes with T2 fit to gank one in 1.0. Hence entertaining.

Sounds economically idiotic. Perfect for the Goons.

Xython
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#212 - 2012-05-09 13:26:52 UTC
Molang wrote:
, make more per hour in hisec than mining.

YOU need to read a few DevBlogs and Forums as there is a BIG surprise coming your way May 22.

Which devblog is that detailed in exactly?
Krixtal Icefluxor
INLAND EMPIRE Galactic
#213 - 2012-05-09 13:55:04 UTC
Xython wrote:

Which devblog is that detailed in exactly?

They are too terrified to write one, so it's scattered bits in Forums atm.

http://www.eve-search.com/thread/101697-1/page/4#117

"He has mounted his hind-legs, and blown crass vapidities through the bowel of his neck."  - Ambrose Bierce on Oscar Wilde's Lecture in San Francisco 1882

Klandi
Consortium of stella Technologies
#214 - 2012-05-10 08:18:17 UTC
NEWSFLASH Hulkageddoners - you haven't killed any miners... You have destroyed a few ships but KILLED no-one

Because you can't in this GAME.

Now get a life and get out into null-sec and have a REAL fight instead of being hi-sec bullies - LOL like that will happen

I am aware of my own ignorance and have checked my emotional quotient - thanks for asking

Fabulousli Obvious
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#215 - 2012-05-10 11:19:45 UTC
Klandi wrote:

have a REAL fight instead of being hi-sec bullies -

Trust me on this one.

It's not so much bullying as it is mincing. A CRIMINAL amount of mincing.

Helicity Boson
Immortalis Inc.
Shadow Cartel
#216 - 2012-05-10 11:36:31 UTC
Klandi wrote:

have a REAL fight instead of being hi-sec bullies -

Trust me on this one.

It's not so much bullying as it is mincing. A CRIMINAL amount of mincing.

Its so funny how the whiny bear posters don't realize that Hulkageddon is something we do when we take a break from real fights, which is what we do the OTHER 11 months of the year. teehee.
Fabulousli Obvious
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#217 - 2012-05-10 11:40:31 UTC  |  Edited by: Fabulousli Obvious
Helicity Boson wrote:

Its so funny how the whiny bear posters don't realize that Hulkageddon is something we do when we take a break from real fights, which is what we do the OTHER 11 months of the year. teehee.

I speak of Goons, not thyself.

The Goons see no distinction in Hulkageddon and 'the other 11 months'. You of all people should not be so blind to so, so.... too, too.... obvious actions.

And I still say it's a bunch of mincing. One of them even demonstrated the technique on stage !

Disdaine
#218 - 2012-05-10 12:27:09 UTC
Helicity Boson wrote:
which is what we do the OTHER 11 months of the year. teehee.

When you're not banned of course.
Helicity Boson
Immortalis Inc.
Shadow Cartel
#219 - 2012-05-10 13:07:58 UTC
Disdaine wrote:
Helicity Boson wrote:
which is what we do the OTHER 11 months of the year. teehee.

When you're not banned of course.

Well yes, obviously.
Fabulousli Obvious
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#220 - 2012-05-10 13:18:40 UTC
So.

Here we are.