These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
 

So why is CCP supporting the Burn Jita event?

First post First post
Author
Gorongo Frostfyr
#221 - 2012-04-30 15:10:59 UTC  |  Edited by: ISD LoneLynx
jita is not the center of the game, eve is not doing **** in jita. this thread is pure *snip* - ISD LoneLynx
Francisco Bizzaro
#222 - 2012-04-30 15:12:50 UTC
Twulf wrote:
Super Chair wrote:
Not even going to bother with reading that wall of text but:



It's a sandbox, cry more


If its a Sandbox as you claim then the OP should be able to play the game as they want. That is what a Sandbox is.

What we have in EVE is a Sandbox that is controlled by large alliances and corporations. That is not a Sandbox as a few decide how the rest should play but I do not expect idiots like you to understand logic and common sense.

Skyrim is a good game. He might enjoy that. Unfortunately he signed up for an MMO.

What is the point of an MMO sandbox if players aren't controlling the in-game society?

And lets tone down the hyperbole about "decide how the rest should play". Nobody decided anything for anyone else this weekend. Plenty of freighters got through, plenty of traders traded in Jita, plenty of people (hi!) went on about their business completely independent of this.
Tallian Saotome
Nuclear Arms Exchange Inc.
#223 - 2012-04-30 15:13:06 UTC  |  Edited by: Tallian Saotome
Twulf wrote:
Super Chair wrote:
Not even going to bother with reading that wall of text but:



It's a sandbox, cry more


If its a Sandbox as you claim then the OP should be able to play the game as they want. That is what a Sandbox is.

What we have in EVE is a Sandbox that is controlled by large alliances and corporations. That is not a Sandbox as a few decide how the rest should play but I do not expect idiots like you to understand logic and common sense.

Its a PVP sandbox. Not just a plain old sandbox. Every aspect is designed to put you in competition with other players(missions being the only exception to this rule)

Edit: To the guy who says solo mining is not PVP. You are incorrect, because you are competing with other miners for the ore(not that there is a lack of ore to go around, but competition was the design goal there too) and you are pvping when you sell said or, or use it to manufacture things(competing for profit, competing for industry slots)

The 'PVE' portions, with the exception of mission running, were all designed originally to force us to compete for resources so they count as pvp.

Inappropriate signature removed, CCP Phantom.

Markus Reese
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#224 - 2012-04-30 15:19:44 UTC  |  Edited by: Markus Reese
Twulf wrote:
If its a Sandbox as you claim then the OP should be able to play the game as they want. That is what a Sandbox is.

What we have in EVE is a Sandbox that is controlled by large alliances and corporations. That is not a Sandbox as a few decide how the rest should play but I do not expect idiots like you to understand logic and common sense.


To the original post, CCP is not supporting, they are sitting back and letting the players do what the original goal of eve was. Sandbox.

They haven't controlled all of highsec, it is not a sustainable action and took preparations. The resulting consumation of ships will be good for all industry and traders.

There are what, 2k more systems that a person can run business in? Unless you are after a complete slave set, you can get whatever you want almost anywhere else. Jita is by default on autopilot avoidance list, so for general play, shouldn't even notice. I played the solo game for years, and small corporation, we never had outside issues. Large alliance doesnt affect small play, think outside the box. I spent the year before I joined an actual nullsec corp running solo through big alliance space.

If a person is going to jita, it is for a reason that can be done anywhere else, unless you have some stuff bought before burn-day that might hinder you a bit. Dang, that happened to me during the fall of white noise, stuff gets left behind. The difference is burn jita will die off, you just have to wait because it is an MMO.

To quote Lfod Shi

The ratting itself is PvE. Getting away with it is PvP.

Jonah Gravenstein
Machiavellian Space Bastards
#225 - 2012-04-30 15:28:32 UTC
Tallian Saotome wrote:
To the guy who says solo mining is not PVP. You are incorrect, because you are competing with other miners for the ore(not that there is a lack of ore to go around, but competition was the design goal there too) and you are pvping when you sell said or, or use it to manufacture things(competing for profit, competing for industry slots)

The 'PVE' portions, with the exception of mission running, were all designed originally to force us to compete for resources so they count as pvp.


Good point. I'll correct that, TY for pointing it out.
Always bet on lazy & stupid, not always in that order.

In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded.

New Player FAQ

Feyd's Survival Pack

Alavaria Fera
GoonWaffe
#226 - 2012-04-30 15:43:58 UTC
Tallian Saotome wrote:
Edit: To the guy who says solo mining is not PVP. You are incorrect, because you are competing with other miners for the ore(not that there is a lack of ore to go around

Well, you can see some sites where the belts are just mined clean out. Even with grav sites/hidden belts, it's always the cherry picking people race for.

Now ice mining ... yeah.

Triggered by: Wars of Sovless Agression, Bending the Knee, Twisting the Knife, Eating Sov Wheaties, Bombless Bombers, Fizzlesov, Interceptor Fleets, Running Away, GhostTime Vuln, Renters, Bombs, Bubbles ?

Cipher Jones
The Thomas Edwards Taco Tuesday All Stars
#227 - 2012-04-30 15:47:36 UTC
CCP Soundwave wrote:
I generally support anything the playerbase does unless it violates our TOS/EULA Big smile



So when the Mitinni directly states that put a notorious griefer in charge of griefing its not violating the TOS? Because last time I had this brought this up CCP did not answer, and ppl claimed there was no griefing. Now that it is overt griefing you still do nothing, so I assume that the answer is you only enforce the TOS/Eula when the community demands it.




internet spaceships

are serious business sir.

and don't forget it

Munba Uanid
Doomheim
#228 - 2012-04-30 15:55:59 UTC  |  Edited by: Munba Uanid
I'm with the OP
Only ones having fun now are the goons greifing other players. Noobs havent a chance now. New players are the lifeblood of a game. They not only get slated on the forums for being new but get ripped off, greifd and now continually ganked. Goons are killing EVE
This acc is unsubing in 2 weeks. Hi sec is meant to be for hi seccy safe stuff. RE concord. Not a place where goons can come and display their small weiners at will by ganking everyone whenever they want.

No you cant have my stuff
This is only my forum alt all the good stuff has been given in corp.

tears no. just saying as it is.

bring on the slating Twisted
WisdomLikeSilence
BurgerkingTM
#229 - 2012-04-30 15:55:59 UTC
I want to know why CCP feels that even thought I pay my $15/mo just like the members of the GF they can do whatever they want, and I cannot. (Example: Going to Jita when GF feels I shouldn't.)

You can go to jita. You have a (very) minor increased risk of being ganked last weekend. Why do you feel people shouldnt be allowed to do what they want while following the rules of the game?

Care to point out where goons have broken any rules?

Care to point out where it explicitly states your safety is GUARANTEED in any system?

Its ironic that your complaint centers on a lack of freedom when your implied remedy is to further restrict freedom.




On a personal note I enjoyed smartbombing goon ships this weekend. More of this sort of thing please.Evil



Gogela
Krigmakt Elite
Safety.
#230 - 2012-04-30 15:58:24 UTC  |  Edited by: Gogela
Cipher Jones wrote:
CCP Soundwave wrote:
I generally support anything the playerbase does unless it violates our TOS/EULA Big smile

So when the Mitinni directly states that put a notorious griefer in charge of griefing its not violating the TOS? Because last time I had this brought this up CCP did not answer, and ppl claimed there was no griefing. Now that it is overt griefing you still do nothing, so I assume that the answer is you only enforce the TOS/Eula when the community demands it.

The tears...

It's so weird how so much of the time the internet turns p*****s into tough guys. I think this is the only forum on the internet that makes some people turn into p*****s. I wonder how that happens... Cipher?

Roll

Signatures should be used responsibly...

Karak Terrel
Foundation for CODE and THE NEW ORDER
#231 - 2012-04-30 15:58:50 UTC
My thx go to goons for an awesome new story about EVE. Also thx to OP and many others in this thread for sharing their tears. i enjoyed all them.
Malcanis
Vanishing Point.
The Initiative.
#232 - 2012-04-30 15:59:13 UTC
Cipher Jones wrote:
CCP Soundwave wrote:
I generally support anything the playerbase does unless it violates our TOS/EULA Big smile



So when the Mitinni directly states that put a notorious griefer in charge of griefing its not violating the TOS? Because last time I had this brought this up CCP did not answer, and ppl claimed there was no griefing. Now that it is overt griefing you still do nothing, so I assume that the answer is you only enforce the TOS/Eula when the community demands it.







Suicide ganking isn't in and of itself "griefing".

"Just remember later that I warned against any change to jump ranges or fatigue. You earned whats coming."

Grath Telkin, 11.10.2016

Davin Nix
State War Academy
Caldari State
#233 - 2012-04-30 16:01:59 UTC
Munba Uanid wrote:
I'm with the OP
Only ones having fun now are the goons greifing other players. Noobs havent a chance now. New players are the lifeblood of a game. They not only get slated on the forums for being new but get ripped off, greifed and now continually ganked. Goons are killing EVE
This acc is unsubing in 2 weeks. Hi sec is meant to be for hi seccy safe stuff. RE concord. Not a place where goons can come and display their small weiners at will by ganking everyone whenever they want.

No you cant have my stuff
This is only my forum alt all the good stuff has been given in corp.

tears no. just saying as it is.

bring on the slating Twisted


new players dont start in Jita, nor do they start flying hulks... Goons aren't shooting new players in starter systems, they're shooting haulers in Jita.
High sec isn't designed to be universally safe, it's designed to be MORE safe. If you autopilot in an untanked hauler, or afk mine in a belt then you are not playing the game and shouldn't be moaning about people getting ganked.
If you join a half decent corp as I did when I first started the game they will help you out, financially and with advice and information. In this specific case however, simply avoiding Jita for a few days solves all of your problems.
Before you go and unsub, convo me in game and spend your last 2 weeks playing in a helpful corp, maybe then you'll think twice about dropping out entirely.
Dav
Asuri Kinnes
Perkone
Caldari State
#234 - 2012-04-30 16:10:54 UTC
Krixtal Icefluxor wrote:
EVE is a Sandbox.
YOU are not understanding.
It is NOT PvP, it is NOT PvE.

Until you can grasp that, you are playing a delusion.

Hmmmmmm, I'm really not sure if your just trolling, or are honestly confused?

What *exactly* do you think constitutes a "sandbox"? Is it just non-linear game-play? No leveling cap? No "class" restrictions? Is it just an empty map? Is it where no-one else can bother you?

Have you invested *any* time in researching what happens in Eve or has happened? Have you checked out what type of things the Devs allow, or don't allow?

Or is it your contention that *ONLY* combat actions constitute "pvp" in Eve? Hint: You would be wrong!

PVP is best described as:
Wikipedia wrote:
PvP can be broadly used to describe any game, or aspect of a game, where players compete against each other.



Or, is it your contention that Eve is a "sandbox", but CCP (the business), the Developers, the GM's and all the volunteers have somehow missed, for the last 9 years, that players are interfering (and interacting with) other players in thier game? Possibly this is some kind of oversight?

Bob is the god of Wormholes.

That's all you need to know.

Sister Rhode
SUNDERING
Goonswarm Federation
#235 - 2012-04-30 16:15:07 UTC
CCP supports it because they didn't design a game for carebears.

Nothing is stopping you from logging in, going to Jita and shooting us.
Rico Minali
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#236 - 2012-04-30 16:15:34 UTC
Idiot. CCP arnt backing the even, tehy arnt 'allowing GSF to be a powerful force'. They are leaving Eve to be the sandbox it is meant to be. They also know that if tehy step in on this then a precedent is set and when does that end? When a coalition is too powerful? When an alliance is too powerful? When a corp has too many supercaps? When a player has too much SP adn isk and cant be defeated?


No, CCP must let the players deal with a player created event. Otherwise what is the point, we may as well play something else. This is the only thing that makes Eve stand alone and be the game we love. And if you do not like it, you know what to do.

Trust me, I almost know what I'm doing.

Milla Lekarariba
Something Went Wrong
#237 - 2012-04-30 16:15:37 UTC
They are not supporting it, but neither are they doing the opposite either...

All within game mechanics, so there is no issue,

Nothing stopping someone taking the fight to the goons and trying to get them out..

Just no-one really seems to care
RAP ACTION HERO
#238 - 2012-04-30 16:36:52 UTC
Cipher Jones wrote:
CCP Soundwave wrote:
I generally support anything the playerbase does unless it violates our TOS/EULA Big smile



So when the Mitinni directly states that put a notorious griefer in charge of griefing its not violating the TOS? Because last time I had this brought this up CCP did not answer, and ppl claimed there was no griefing. Now that it is overt griefing you still do nothing, so I assume that the answer is you only enforce the TOS/Eula when the community demands it.





you are griefing me with your posts

vitoc erryday

Amanda Holland
Doomheim
#239 - 2012-04-30 16:40:53 UTC  |  Edited by: Amanda Holland
I was under the understanding this was a sandbox game and so long as you dont hack the client, everything's fair game. I didnt see evidence of any hacking cept maybe the guy in the Nyx but I understand that was legal.

Just cause you dont like Goons, or Mittani, or their actions or tactics doesnt make that illegal. Or well I hope it doesnt. Id rather not play a game that dumb.


Cipher Jones wrote:
CCP Soundwave wrote:
I generally support anything the playerbase does unless it violates our TOS/EULA Big smile



So when the Mitinni directly states that put a notorious griefer in charge of griefing its not violating the TOS? Because last time I had this brought this up CCP did not answer, and ppl claimed there was no griefing. Now that it is overt griefing you still do nothing, so I assume that the answer is you only enforce the TOS/Eula when the community demands it.






again... I was uder the understanding the griefing rules in EVE are so vague there might as well not be any.
Plus disnt Goons wardec most of the ppl they were killing? Hell then even by the definition given earlier, thats war not griefing.

Where/when did Mittani say anything? I havent seen him since "the return"

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ) vroom vroom motorcycle CCP to the sandbox: "This "adapt or die" attitude is nothing new to EVE, but we want to give it a constant rhythm that is a bit more under our control than in the past"

Davin Nix
State War Academy
Caldari State
#240 - 2012-04-30 16:52:58 UTC  |  Edited by: Davin Nix
Angry carebears can always join the 'Jita Interdiction Defence Force', Their chief aim is to push back the goons and make highsec a safe place for afk miners and autopilots!
5 members so far!

I would point out though that the name of the corp kind of suggests they'd be defending the goons interdiction of Jita... whoops