These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
 

So why is CCP supporting the Burn Jita event?

First post First post
Author
Davin Nix
State War Academy
Caldari State
#201 - 2012-04-30 14:27:05 UTC
Tallian Saotome wrote:
Western Civilization is on the brink, but its on the brink due to people who are willfully ignorant of the truth, even when proof is presented.


Whilst I agree that the wilfully ignorant are a royal pain in the arse I must ask... What exactly are we on the brink of?
I've only been back a year but at the moment, at least in the UK the only thing i'm on the brink of is having all of my money taxed away by the government. That and this lovely new recession everyone is talking about but we're getting pretty good at those now I think.
I don't know how things are across the pond but things aren't too unstable where i'm standing
Dav
Krixtal Icefluxor
INLAND EMPIRE Galactic
#202 - 2012-04-30 14:29:12 UTC  |  Edited by: Krixtal Icefluxor
Davin Nix wrote:
Tallian Saotome wrote:
Western Civilization is on the brink, but its on the brink due to people who are willfully ignorant of the truth, even when proof is presented.


Whilst I agree that the wilfully ignorant are a royal pain in the arse I must ask... What exactly are we on the brink of?
I've only been back a year but at the moment, at least in the UK the only thing i'm on the brink of is having all of my money taxed away by the government. That and this lovely new recession everyone is talking about but we're getting pretty good at those now I think.
I don't know how things are across the pond but things aren't too unstable where i'm standing
Dav



I'm NOT here to argue or debate out of game politics.

"He has mounted his hind-legs, and blown crass vapidities through the bowel of his neck."  - Ambrose Bierce on Oscar Wilde's Lecture in San Francisco 1882

Ranger 1
Ranger Corp
Vae. Victis.
#203 - 2012-04-30 14:34:11 UTC
Posting in a "I pay my subscription fee, why should I be forced to think to be successful in this game?" thread.

View the latest EVE Online developments and other game related news and gameplay by visiting Ranger 1 Presents: Virtual Realms.

Zora'e
#204 - 2012-04-30 14:35:53 UTC  |  Edited by: Zora'e
Ranger 1 wrote:
Posting in a "I pay my subscription fee, why should I be forced to think to be successful in this game?" thread.


Life: (n) A sexually transmitted disease which always ends in death. There is currently no known cure.

~Z

I won't say you are stupid, but you're not exactly on the Zombie menu either.

Davin Nix
State War Academy
Caldari State
#205 - 2012-04-30 14:36:00 UTC  |  Edited by: Davin Nix
Krixtal Icefluxor wrote:
Davin Nix wrote:

My key issue with your post now is the incredible assumption that all western folks are brainwashed which is hilarious.



Talk about creating statements out of thin air.

I said no such thing. And that is provable above in the thread.

I said they were 'easily brainwashed"....which by default implies potential.

I never, not never, said ALL OF WESTERN CIVILIZATION IS brainwashed.

But the Goons certainly are. And they excellently demonstrate the potential.

Sorry that you read so fast or something that rather important details get missed and then UNTRUE FALSEHOODS posted about what was actually typed.

Better luck next time.



Errr do you read your own posts?

Ahem... if i may:

Krixtal Icefluxor wrote:
You

just

don't

get

it.

God, you guys are so brainwashed. I see how easily Western Civilization WILL fall to an authoritarian figure in a heartbeat. This is very revealing.

Brainwashing really really works.


I have highlighted the key phrases in bold, just in case you read it too quickly

Correct me if i'm wrong but... that shows that what was as you so aptly describe 'actually typed' was not in fact 'easily brainwashed' it does in fact say 'are brainwashed' ...which to use your own phrasology, implies a current state of affairs.

The goons are not brainwashed, and the west is not easily brainwashed. They just aren't doing what you want, you're angry and you are channelling this anger into a fundamentally flawed argument with no basis of evidence.

Please, next time you challenge a statement, actually check what you wrote beforehand, else you will, once again risk making statements which are inherently false.

Dav

p.s. 'UNTRUE FALSEHOODS' Is a tautologically redundant phrase

p.p.s As to my other post, my question was not directed towards you.
You clearly have very little actual knowledge regarding Western civilisation... or indeed Eastern civilisation. Furthermore your reasoning is so flawed I wouldn't be able to trust any answer you gave.
Davin Nix
State War Academy
Caldari State
#206 - 2012-04-30 14:37:50 UTC  |  Edited by: Davin Nix
edit: see last post
Malcanis
Vanishing Point.
The Initiative.
#207 - 2012-04-30 14:42:31 UTC
After some thought, I have concluded that if you tried - really tried, you could probably play EVE as a non-PvP game by only ever doing missions, only using rookie ships and ships you built from minerals you refined from your own mission loot, never buying or selling anything on the market...


...and even then it would only be a non-PvP game if not one single other player was interested in bringing PvP to your game.

"Just remember later that I warned against any change to jump ranges or fatigue. You earned whats coming."

Grath Telkin, 11.10.2016

Malcanis
Vanishing Point.
The Initiative.
#208 - 2012-04-30 14:46:13 UTC
Ranger 1 wrote:
Posting in a "I pay my subscription fee, why should I be forced to think to be successful in this game?" thread.


"Why should I have to WORK for everything?! It's like saying I don't deserve it!"
-Calvin

"Just remember later that I warned against any change to jump ranges or fatigue. You earned whats coming."

Grath Telkin, 11.10.2016

Tallian Saotome
Nuclear Arms Exchange Inc.
#209 - 2012-04-30 14:49:40 UTC
Davin Nix wrote:
Tallian Saotome wrote:
Western Civilization is on the brink, but its on the brink due to people who are willfully ignorant of the truth, even when proof is presented.


Whilst I agree that the wilfully ignorant are a royal pain in the arse I must ask... What exactly are we on the brink of?
I've only been back a year but at the moment, at least in the UK the only thing i'm on the brink of is having all of my money taxed away by the government. That and this lovely new recession everyone is talking about but we're getting pretty good at those now I think.
I don't know how things are across the pond but things aren't too unstable where i'm standing
Dav

Not gonna debate, just go watch idiocracy. Its scary how accurate it is towards trends(at least here in the US)

Inappropriate signature removed, CCP Phantom.

Davin Nix
State War Academy
Caldari State
#210 - 2012-04-30 14:52:37 UTC
Tallian Saotome wrote:

Not gonna debate, just go watch idiocracy. Its scary how accurate it is towards trends(at least here in the US)


alrighty, i'll check it out, Cheers
Twulf
Thunder Clap Industry
Militaires-Sans-Frontieres.
#211 - 2012-04-30 14:54:51 UTC
Super Chair wrote:
Not even going to bother with reading that wall of text but:



It's a sandbox, cry more


If its a Sandbox as you claim then the OP should be able to play the game as they want. That is what a Sandbox is.

What we have in EVE is a Sandbox that is controlled by large alliances and corporations. That is not a Sandbox as a few decide how the rest should play but I do not expect idiots like you to understand logic and common sense.
Francisco Bizzaro
#212 - 2012-04-30 14:56:12 UTC
Malcanis wrote:
After some thought, I have concluded that if you tried - really tried, you could probably play EVE as a non-PvP game by only ever doing missions, only using rookie ships and ships you built from minerals you refined from your own mission loot, never buying or selling anything on the market...

This could be an interesting experiment. Kind of like that guy who max-leveled WoW using only hand-to-hand combat and without armour. Build a cap ship in Eve without ever opening the market window except to buy skill books.

Oh sorry ... did I say 'interesting'? I think I was looking for another word which means the opposite of that.
Killer Gandry
The Concilium Enterprises
#213 - 2012-04-30 14:56:49 UTC
Lapine Davion wrote:


I actually don't troll on the forums all that much. I point out terrible ideas on a regular basis though.


You do know that when you point a finger at someone that 3 fingers point at you, right.


Malcanis
Vanishing Point.
The Initiative.
#214 - 2012-04-30 14:57:34 UTC
Francisco Bizzaro wrote:
Malcanis wrote:
After some thought, I have concluded that if you tried - really tried, you could probably play EVE as a non-PvP game by only ever doing missions, only using rookie ships and ships you built from minerals you refined from your own mission loot, never buying or selling anything on the market...

This could be an interesting experiment. Kind of like that guy who max-leveled WoW using only hand-to-hand combat and without armour. Build a cap ship in Eve without ever opening the market window except to buy skill books.

Oh sorry ... did I say 'interesting'? I think I was looking for another word which means the opposite of that.



"DeMichael Crimson"?

"Just remember later that I warned against any change to jump ranges or fatigue. You earned whats coming."

Grath Telkin, 11.10.2016

Jonah Gravenstein
Machiavellian Space Bastards
#215 - 2012-04-30 14:58:51 UTC  |  Edited by: Jonah Gravenstein
Krixtal Icefluxor wrote:


EVE is a Sandbox. YOU are not understanding. It is NOT PvP, it is NOT PvE.

Until you can grasp that, you are playing a delusion.



You're right Eve is a sandbox, the joy of a sandbox like Eve is that apart from some quite basic rules and mechanics the only limit is your imagination. It's both PVP & PVE, but mostly PVP, both are those are valid choices that just happen to infringe on each other.

The only thing you can actually call PVE is solo missioning, everything else in the game that is considered PVE is actually PVP, ie: competition between players.

Solo Mining, you're still competing with other players for the 'roids, when you reprocess & sell or use to make stuff & sell you're in competition with other players. PVP

Running incursions, you're trying to outdo the other fleets on the field because only one gets paid. PVP

If you're mining in a fleet you try to outdo each other with bad jokes, bullshit, poor taste in music and erotica. PVP

If you're missioning in a fleet, see mining + blowing up more stuff or earning more bounty than your fleet mates. PVP

If you're waiting for that Cyno to light , see mining in fleets, with good chances of pretty explosions to follow, sometimes your own. PVP

Playing the markets can be absolutely brutal PVP, you can lose billions in seconds without even undocking. PVP

In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded.

New Player FAQ

Feyd's Survival Pack

Krixtal Icefluxor
INLAND EMPIRE Galactic
#216 - 2012-04-30 15:00:36 UTC  |  Edited by: Krixtal Icefluxor
Davin Nix wrote:
Krixtal Icefluxor wrote:
Davin Nix wrote:

My key issue with your post now is the incredible assumption that all western folks are brainwashed which is hilarious.



Talk about creating statements out of thin air.

I said no such thing. And that is provable above in the thread.

I said they were 'easily brainwashed"....which by default implies potential.

I never, not never, said ALL OF WESTERN CIVILIZATION IS brainwashed.

But the Goons certainly are. And they excellently demonstrate the potential.

Sorry that you read so fast or something that rather important details get missed and then UNTRUE FALSEHOODS posted about what was actually typed.

Better luck next time.



Errr do you read your own posts?

Ahem... if i may:

Krixtal Icefluxor wrote:
You

just

don't

get

it.

God, you guys are so brainwashed. I see how easily Western Civilization WILL fall to an authoritarian figure in a heartbeat. This is very revealing.

Brainwashing really really works.


I have highlighted the key phrases in bold, just in case you read it too quickly

Correct me if i'm wrong but... that shows that what was as you so aptly describe 'actually typed' was not in fact 'easily brainwashed' it does in fact say 'are brainwashed' ...which to use your own phrasology, implies a current state of affairs.

The goons are not brainwashed, and the west is not easily brainwashed. They just aren't doing what you want, you're angry and you are channelling this anger into a fundamentally flawed argument with no basis of evidence.

Please, next time you challenge a statement, actually check what you wrote beforehand, else you will, once again risk making statements which are inherently false.

Dav

p.s. 'UNTRUE FALSEHOODS' Is a tautologically redundant phrase

p.p.s As to my other post, my question was not directed towards you.
You clearly have very little actual knowledge regarding Western civilisation... or indeed Eastern civilisation. Furthermore your reasoning is so flawed I wouldn't be able to trust any answer you gave.


again, wasted breath.

from above: I'm NOT here to argue or debate out of game politics.

(Bailing out of fail thread as it's swayed too off topic)

"He has mounted his hind-legs, and blown crass vapidities through the bowel of his neck."  - Ambrose Bierce on Oscar Wilde's Lecture in San Francisco 1882

Davin Nix
State War Academy
Caldari State
#217 - 2012-04-30 15:01:23 UTC
Twulf wrote:


If its a Sandbox as you claim then the OP should be able to play the game as they want. That is what a Sandbox is.

What we have in EVE is a Sandbox that is controlled by large alliances and corporations. That is not a Sandbox as a few decide how the rest should play but I do not expect idiots like you to understand logic and common sense.


A single player sandbox should of course operate in the way you suggest.
However, eve is a massively multiplayer online sandbox. And the very mechanics which allow the formation of corporations and alliances encourage such behaviour.
The fight for control of resources necessitates the formation of large alliances and corporations as simple escalation. This is a survival tactic. Just because every once in a while a large alliance uses the power they have to mount a campaign such as burn jita is not making the game unfair as such. It is in fact a clever move to raise prices and undoubtedly some people are making vast amounts of isk out of it.

to be successful in eve you cannot play alone. If you'd prefer this, go play X3 or some other single player space sim
Dav
Davin Nix
State War Academy
Caldari State
#218 - 2012-04-30 15:03:04 UTC  |  Edited by: Davin Nix
Krixtal Icefluxor wrote:


again, wasted breath.

from above: I'm NOT here to argue or debate out of game politics.


So why do you make such sweeping references to other cultures, insist you never made them and then ignore them in subsequent posts?

You are a very special individual
Dav

Also that quote was a response to an entirely different conversation ... which you were not involved in.
the phrase 'clutching at straws' comes to mind
Krixtal Icefluxor
INLAND EMPIRE Galactic
#219 - 2012-04-30 15:06:15 UTC
Davin Nix wrote:
So why do you make such sweeping references to other cultures, insist you never made them and then ignore them in subsequent posts?

You are a very special individual
Dav


Because I never made 'sweeping references to cultures".

God you trolls are pathetic. get too many spankings as a child ?

"He has mounted his hind-legs, and blown crass vapidities through the bowel of his neck."  - Ambrose Bierce on Oscar Wilde's Lecture in San Francisco 1882

Davin Nix
State War Academy
Caldari State
#220 - 2012-04-30 15:10:42 UTC  |  Edited by: Davin Nix
Krixtal Icefluxor wrote:
Davin Nix wrote:
So why do you make such sweeping references to other cultures, insist you never made them and then ignore them in subsequent posts?

You are a very special individual
Dav


Because I never made 'sweeping references to cultures".

God you trolls are pathetic. get too many spankings as a child ?



You are kidding right? or do you have short term memory loss? My condolences if you do indeed suffer from such a condition but in the meantime, as a reminder:


Krixtal Icefluxor wrote:
God, you guys are so brainwashed. I see how easily Western Civilization WILL fall to an authoritarian figure in a heartbeat. This is very revealing.

Brainwashing really really works.


How is that in any way NOT a sweeping reference to another culture?
My childhood was rather pleasant though thank you, what is less pleasant is your continued ignorance and failure to admit that your arguments are inherently erroneous. Not to mention your convenient memory lapses concerning some of your more ridiculous outbursts.


Dav