These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
 

Has anyone done this an how long did it take

Author
Richard Aiel
The Merchants of War
#1 - 2011-09-14 15:31:51 UTC
has anyone else crossed the game universe an how long would it take

from its widest point straight across the universe of EVE?
Im trying to explain how big the game world is to someone

http://i144.photobucket.com/albums/r188/buddahcjcc/SOA-3-2.jpg

Baralosus
Caldari Provisions
#2 - 2011-09-14 15:36:05 UTC
Isn't there somewhere over 7,500 star systems in Eve? I once tried to travel from Cobalt Edge to Delve. The number of jumps exceeded 75 and that was with shortest route autopilot settings.
Simetraz
State War Academy
Caldari State
#3 - 2011-09-14 15:40:32 UTC  |  Edited by: Simetraz
5,000 system in regular space, another 2,500 in WH space.
Each system translates to a zone or and area depending on how you look at it.
Games are starting to create a lot more huge zones with multiple area's.

So even you converted 10 systems to one area which is pretty fair.
The time to cross that much space is consistent with a huge zone in most games.

You are now down to 500 zones in regular space.

BIG.
Xercodo
Cruor Angelicus
#4 - 2011-09-14 15:43:19 UTC  |  Edited by: Xercodo
Simetraz wrote:
5,000 system in regular space, another 2,500 in WH space.
Each system translates to a zone or and area depending on how you look at it.
Games are starting to create a lot more huge zones with multiple area's.

So even you converted 10 systems to one area which is pretty fair.
The time to cross that much space is consistent with a huge zone in most games.

You are now down to 500 zones in regular space.

BIG.


it's 2500 in w-space

woah....wait, what the?

your quote has 2500 but you post has 5000.....

The Drake is a Lie

Richard Aiel
The Merchants of War
#5 - 2011-09-14 15:59:18 UTC
I was wondering if anyone had ever at least plotted a course from the outlying edge of space on one side of non WH space to the farthest system from that an then proceded to go the whole way? I know that one guy did the thread all about his backpacking trip all over EVE, an I wonder if he did it him/herself? If noone had done It, I was considering getting a stealth bomber on one of my alts an trying it myself lol

http://i144.photobucket.com/albums/r188/buddahcjcc/SOA-3-2.jpg

Orilion
Red Moon Investments
#6 - 2011-09-14 16:04:33 UTC
There was a guy who went on to visit every single system in the Universe. At that time there were no WH systems, so we are talking about 5000 regular systems. It took him about 220 hours in total! :)

There is a thread on the old forums about this, but it goes way back. Good luck searching for it !
malaire
#7 - 2011-09-14 16:18:51 UTC
Orilion wrote:
There was a guy who went on to visit every single system in the Universe. At that time there were no WH systems, so we are talking about 5000 regular systems. It took him about 220 hours in total! :)

There is a thread on the old forums about this, but it goes way back. Good luck searching for it !

This is more recently done Grand Tour:
https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&m=40204

New to EVE? Don't forget to read: The Manual * The Wiki * The Career Options * and everything else

Orilion
Red Moon Investments
#8 - 2011-09-14 16:22:42 UTC
malaire wrote:
Orilion wrote:
There was a guy who went on to visit every single system in the Universe. At that time there were no WH systems, so we are talking about 5000 regular systems. It took him about 220 hours in total! :)

There is a thread on the old forums about this, but it goes way back. Good luck searching for it !

This is more recently done Grand Tour:
https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&m=40204


Thanks for that! I found there a link to the original thread/guy i was referring to. Pretty awesome achievement !

"Well. It's done.
5152 systems. Roughly 8000 jumps. probably 12000 minutes of playtime.
4 Cheetahs. 3 pods."

http://www.eveonline.com/ingameboard.asp?a=topic&threadID=632296&page=8
Qalix
Long Jump.
#9 - 2011-09-14 16:37:15 UTC
Are you referring to actual game distance? As in, X number of AU?

I think the average AU distance from one side of a system to the other side of the same system is probably in the 20 AU range. You would never be able to travel from one side to the other of a system without warping. The servers will be turned off and you will die before such a thing happens. To add more perspective, its probably somewhere in the range of a couple hundred light years between the two most distant points in the universe.
Reilly Duvolle
Hydra Squadron
#10 - 2011-09-14 16:40:32 UTC  |  Edited by: Reilly Duvolle
Richard Aiel wrote:
has anyone else crossed the game universe an how long would it take

from its widest point straight across the universe of EVE?
Im trying to explain how big the game world is to someone



There are 5201 systems in know space (excluding the Jove regions) connected by the EVE stargate network consisting of 6894 stargate pairs.
The longest shortest path between 2 solar systems in known space is 100 systems long (measured from 373Z-7 (Stain) to either SVB-RE, BU-IU4 or 3KNA-N (Branch)), and you would probably spend 2-8 hours (or more) to cross it, depending on shiptype and prowess at navigating nullsec space (a cloaky T3 with interdiction nullifier would probably do it fastest).

Edit: Dotlan plot