These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Burn Jita Over (?) - Outcome and Results

Author
Benny Ohu
Chaotic Tranquility
#141 - 2012-04-29 16:35:08 UTC
Cass Lie wrote:
Also, you could make a case that all the points are actually correct. Or would you care to point out the (blatantly) false ones?

Number four is a bit of a sensationalisation (is that a word?) but that's not really worth crying over :P
Number seven misses a couple of hubs, but let's face it, Dodixie (whatever) is a hole. Rens, Amarr and Jita are the biggest, anyway?
I don't think nine is true.

Also with Jita on 39 freighter deaths so far (lumping JFs in there because if anything they're slightly harder to catch outbound), the same number of freighters and JFs have 'sploded in Jita this weekend than between October 17, 2010 and April 22, 2012, according to the eve-kill boards. That's eighteen months' worth of freighter kills.

Of course, Tornadoes didn't exist until the later part of 2011. I guess you'd have to find the average Jita freighter pops per day between Crucible 1.0 and April 27, then find the average pops per day this weekend, then divide one by the other to find the order of magnitude Goonswarm is doing better than everyone else.
Krixtal Icefluxor
INLAND EMPIRE Galactic
#142 - 2012-04-29 16:35:44 UTC
Gloomy Gus wrote:
Krixtal can I get your opinion on

Sorry, I'm only a layman at existentialism.

"He has mounted his hind-legs, and blown crass vapidities through the bowel of his neck."  - Ambrose Bierce on Oscar Wilde's Lecture in San Francisco 1882

Jacob Staffuer
Doomheim
#143 - 2012-04-29 16:39:35 UTC
Benny Ohu wrote:
Cass Lie wrote:
Also, you could make a case that all the points are actually correct. Or would you care to point out the (blatantly) false ones?

Number four is a bit of a sensationalisation (is that a word?) but that's not really worth crying over :P
Number seven misses a couple of hubs, but let's face it, Dodixie (whatever) is a hole. Rens, Amarr and Jita are the biggest, anyway?
I don't think nine is true.

Also with Jita on 39 freighter deaths so far (lumping JFs in there because if anything they're slightly harder to catch outbound), the same number of freighters and JFs have 'sploded in Jita this weekend than between October 17, 2010 and April 22, 2012, according to the eve-kill boards. That's eighteen months' worth of freighter kills.

Of course, Tornadoes didn't exist until the later part of 2011. I guess you'd have to find the average Jita freighter pops per day between Crucible 1.0 and April 27, then find the average pops per day this weekend, then divide one by the other to find the order of magnitude Goonswarm is doing better than everyone else.

Yes, to a moron it may sound very impressive and everything when you say "18 months worth of freighter kills". But when you do some thinking: A small number multiplied by a larger number can still result in a small number: 39 is nothing. 9 billion ISK? Nothing.

It was business as usual in Jita.
Cass Lie
State War Academy
Caldari State
#144 - 2012-04-29 16:40:23 UTC
Jastra wrote:
1 - It (Jita) is far from the dangers of null sec, an incredibly safe zone guarded by a deadly NPC police force with impeccable response time.

More ships are lost in Jita than anywhere

4 - .....the Goonswarm’s goal is no less than invading the most protected and populated hub of industry in the galaxy and crushing it.

well a LOT of people in system were goons, and a lot of those where flitting about have a look so patently not true, also you cant invade highsec

That kinda depends on the definition of "danger" and "invade". Semantics I know, but it's simply not clearly cut.
1 - ...True, but a random high sec dweller is much safer flying through Forge/Jita than taking a sightseeing tour through Syndicate.
4 - ... it is the most populated trade hub, and you can "invade" high-sec, you just cannot take sov.

Anyway I am done with the nitpicking.
Benny Ohu
Chaotic Tranquility
#145 - 2012-04-29 16:44:42 UTC
Jacob Staffuer wrote:
Yes, to a moron it may sound very impressive and everything when you say "18 months worth of freighter kills". But when you do some thinking: A small number multiplied by a larger number can still result in a small number: 39 is nothing. 9 billion ISK? Nothing.

I don't understand what you mean, you're going to have to explain yourself better
Xython
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#146 - 2012-04-29 16:50:53 UTC
Benny Ohu wrote:
Jacob Staffuer wrote:

I don't understand what you mean, you're going to have to explain yourself better

I don't think he can. He's just spouting words out trying to "win" the argument. As far as I can tell, everything will be ok in his little universe as long as he can convince everyone that Goons failed to Burn Jita and that the Carebear Stare reigns supreme.

(I think he's actually trying to convince himself.)
MadMuppet
Critical Mass Inc
#147 - 2012-04-29 16:55:46 UTC
Jacob Staffuer wrote:
Very disappointing. Expected 10x more than what it was.

That's what she said.

This message brought to you by Experience(tm). When common sense fails you, experience will come to the rescue. Experience(tm) from the makers of CONCORD.

"If you are part of the problem, you will be nerfed." -MadMuppet

DeMichael Crimson
Republic University
Minmatar Republic
#148 - 2012-04-29 16:56:08 UTC
Cass Lie wrote:

It was written so that a non-EVE player could understand what is going on. I think it did a pretty good job. Compare that to the eurogamer article, http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2012-04-27-ccp-players-attempt-to-destroy-eve-online-economy-is-f-ing-brilliant , which is perfectly fine in EVE-terms but a complete gibberish for the people having no clue about EVE.

It's a publicity press release that's had the facts exaggerated and misrepresented to overly sensationalize the event. If you think that write up is 100% correct and true, then you're playing a different game than the rest of us.

As for the Euro Gamer write up, there's a lot of discrepancies in that too. After reading that and due to various other issues involved with this event, I'm inclined to think that CCP helped orchestrate this little escapade.
Xython
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#149 - 2012-04-29 16:59:48 UTC
Tinfoil hat detected.
Vera Algaert
Republic University
Minmatar Republic
#150 - 2012-04-29 16:59:57 UTC
Vulcan23 wrote:
Obviously, you guys will declare victory whatever happens (I remember how the loss of Delve was spun by the inimitable goon propaganda machine as goonish destiny). That aside, do you really think you are anywhere near achieving the objectives that were announced in advance? I'm genuinely interested to know but I think it is already somewhat striking that the forums are not flooded with goons loudly crowing about how they have successfully shut down Jita. Rather, we get the trivial 'we're making some pubbies cry' lines, which is a rather less dramatic outcome and hardly mindblowing for an operation that was 3-4 months in the making and involves the most powerful alliance in the game.

I suggest you create a Darth Vulcan character if you truly want to cross to the dark side of posting P

Lord Azeroth
Perkone
Caldari State
#151 - 2012-04-29 17:00:08 UTC
Can you Goonies please extend Burn Jita ? Was a fun change from the norm. Tanks !!!
Krixtal Icefluxor
INLAND EMPIRE Galactic
#152 - 2012-04-29 17:12:31 UTC
Xython wrote:
the Carebear Stare reigns supreme.

Thanks. Sounds like a great CSM candidate slogan.

"He has mounted his hind-legs, and blown crass vapidities through the bowel of his neck."  - Ambrose Bierce on Oscar Wilde's Lecture in San Francisco 1882

Jacob Staffuer
Doomheim
#153 - 2012-04-29 17:14:18 UTC
It's so easy to troll GoonSwarm.

Just say you're a little disappointed and expected more from them, and then watch the insecure scrubs work themselves into a frenzy trying to convince you why it was successful.

"I built those Thrashers with my bare hands! Just look at my efficiency rating...."
Weiland Taur
The Icarus Expedition
Solyaris Chtonium
#154 - 2012-04-29 17:18:39 UTC  |  Edited by: Weiland Taur
This thread is a circle jerk.

At the end of the day or the weekend it doesn't matter if the numbers match, if the markets shifted or if the Mittani showed up in his underwear pulled by a team of Avatars. The Goons created content, people flocked to it, stuff was done and everyone (minus perhaps some of those freighter pilots) had a great time. This thread is like going to a party, getting laid, dancing your ass off and then going home and telling everyone it sort of sucked.

Have to love the Goons. It will be sad when tech is nerfed and they can no longer afford to throw the poshest of bashes.
DeMichael Crimson
Republic University
Minmatar Republic
#155 - 2012-04-29 17:18:43 UTC
Xython wrote:
Tinfoil hat detected.

Yeah, you can remove that from your head now. I know you don't wanna since it's all shiny but seriously, it'll allow more hot air to escape through your scalp along with what's currently coming from your mouth.
DaiTengu
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#156 - 2012-04-29 17:21:57 UTC
Weiland Taur wrote:
or if the Mittani showed up in his underwear pulled by a team of Avatars.

Holy crap. someone needs to turn this into a large image. I will have it framed and present it to him at the next Iceswarm.
Krixtal Icefluxor
INLAND EMPIRE Galactic
#157 - 2012-04-29 17:28:39 UTC
Where is Serene Repose ?????? Much needed here...........

Garreck
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#158 - 2012-04-29 17:34:04 UTC
Jacob Staffuer wrote:

Well I guess that stage of the internet spaceship debate was inevitable...
Krios Ahzek
Royal Amarr Institute
Amarr Empire
#159 - 2012-04-29 17:53:15 UTC
Jacob Staffuer wrote:

Indeed, all you have to do is to be the most disgusting pubbieposter on the face of the planet. To be the single most terrifyingly unintelligent, excrement-munching, bottomfeeding squealing eel.

Is it worth it?

Though All Men Do Despise Us

Alavaria Fera
GoonWaffe
#160 - 2012-04-29 17:58:00 UTC
Weiland Taur wrote:
This thread is a circle jerk.

At the end of the day or the weekend it doesn't matter if the numbers match, if the markets shifted or if the Mittani showed up in his underwear pulled by a team of Avatars. The Goons created content, people flocked to it, stuff was done and everyone (minus perhaps some of those freighter pilots) had a great time. This thread is like going to a party, getting laid, dancing your ass off and then going home and telling everyone it sort of sucked.

Have to love the Goons. It will be sad when tech is nerfed and they can no longer afford to throw the poshest of bashes.

Oh well, we'll have a disco party in the the jita 4-4 station maybe?

Just gotta gank that door in the captain's quarters

Triggered by: Wars of Sovless Agression, Bending the Knee, Twisting the Knife, Eating Sov Wheaties, Bombless Bombers, Fizzlesov, Interceptor Fleets, Running Away, GhostTime Vuln, Renters, Bombs, Bubbles ?