These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Burn Jita Over (?) - Outcome and Results

Author
Krixtal Icefluxor
INLAND EMPIRE Galactic
#101 - 2012-04-29 13:10:51 UTC
Lonox wrote:
Lapine Davion wrote:
This is a thread and the BJ isn't over yet.

Goons are giving BJ's? I'd have come to Jita for that!

Thanks for saying what I wanted to say yesterday. Lapine just wasn't worth it yesterday .

"He has mounted his hind-legs, and blown crass vapidities through the bowel of his neck."  - Ambrose Bierce on Oscar Wilde's Lecture in San Francisco 1882

Krixtal Icefluxor
INLAND EMPIRE Galactic
#102 - 2012-04-29 13:12:18 UTC
m3rb3aSt wrote:
Pickles Wong wrote:
Like a particularly large and uncomfortable turd, the Jita disruption will eventually come to pass.

Or it doesn't pass and you have to go to the hospital and receive enemas and stool softening medicine!

Oh......the Poetry of the Goons.....................

"He has mounted his hind-legs, and blown crass vapidities through the bowel of his neck."  - Ambrose Bierce on Oscar Wilde's Lecture in San Francisco 1882

Sigurd Sig Hansen
Doomheim
#103 - 2012-04-29 13:12:40 UTC
Krixtal Icefluxor wrote:
Ayuren Aakiwa wrote:
I love when carebears get all butt hurt and cry 'but they didn't make any isk what a fail!!!1111'

Show me my butt hurt words in that OP. Show me. Or did you physically examine me while I slept ??? Shocked

Where did the ban Goon touch you?

Mining is the "Deadliest Catch" in this game

Sigurd Sig Hansen
Doomheim
#104 - 2012-04-29 13:14:03 UTC
Krixtal Icefluxor wrote:
Corbin Blair wrote:
When's you last time you killed 9594 ships? Goons may have just upstaged my entire piracy career in a couple of days. Shocked

Erm......the majority of those 9,000 are Goon gank ship CONCORD deaths.

Yup more than 4500 are gank ships dying in an attempt to attack

Mining is the "Deadliest Catch" in this game

Krixtal Icefluxor
INLAND EMPIRE Galactic
#105 - 2012-04-29 13:16:27 UTC
Vulcan23 wrote:
You are citing a killboard that gives all the kills in Jita for the WHOLE MONTH OF APRIL Lol

Erm..........nope.

That EVE Kill "Burn Jita" Special custom link was created by the organizers to be a total count of Jita only for a limited time.

You derped all over your new shirt.

Krixtal Icefluxor
INLAND EMPIRE Galactic
#106 - 2012-04-29 13:18:16 UTC
Alara IonStorm wrote:

Shocked

Wow out off 104 pages April 27 makes up page 75-54 of them and April 28th makes up 54-1.

Close to 2 days this event has done close to 3/4th the damage of all the combat in Jita for a month.

Jita being one of the most consistently violent systems in the game to have 2 days trump of month of war and ganking.

Good Job Jita Event People. 75 Pages in 2 Days.

Dearest, over half are ganked Gank Boats.

Krixtal Icefluxor
INLAND EMPIRE Galactic
#107 - 2012-04-29 13:21:58 UTC
Lictor Yeva wrote:

OMG...your corp name. Makes me SQUEAL ! Lol

Lictor Yeva
WoonGaffe
#108 - 2012-04-29 13:25:06 UTC
Krixtal Icefluxor wrote:
Lictor Yeva wrote:

OMG...your corp name. Makes me SQUEAL ! Lol

Big smile
Inzax
#109 - 2012-04-29 13:25:13 UTC
This was a brilliant event. Carebears were given a gift by the goons. If they dared to engage, they learned to have fun. Perhaps more of them will venture beyond hi-sec after this event.

Only thing that could have made it better. Suspend concord response, replace with CCP employees flying to the rescue and if necessary organizing carebears. Yes, probably like herding cats but it would be fun.
Commander Lurch
One Horse Trading
#110 - 2012-04-29 13:25:29 UTC
Having played this game for some time now I'm finally going to kick the addiction. Lack of RL job and a couple of issues I'll moan to CCP about later help.
Anyway, as a confirmed mission runner/standings freak (and therefor with no real bias either way) I'd just like to say burn Jita has been a long time coming and has been a highly entertaining last weekend. Jita has been a thorn in this game's side for as long as I can remember, It's health is definately to the detriment of other trade hubs.
As for the goons efforts, I'd have to say "lacklustre performance, must try harder"
say what you like - you didn't fulfill your promises
If all gates were successfully blockaded and 4.4 locked down THEN I would have been impressed. pop 4.4 and I would drop to my knees and chant "we are not worthy".

anyway, valiant effort chaps, The Empires gone soft y'know, needs a bally shakeup, good luck.

and to ALL in the eve universe, thanks for some of the best game playing experiences I've had
hope to be back one day

Fly safe
Vyktor Abyss
Abyss Research
#111 - 2012-04-29 13:26:23 UTC
If only they would keep this up every day for a month.... Big smile
Takseen
Federal Defense Union
Gallente Federation
#112 - 2012-04-29 13:27:15 UTC
I don't get what all the fuss is about. Its been common knowledge that Jita is awash with suicide ganking and is not particularly safe, the map display of ship kills per system makes that quite clear.
Alara IonStorm
#113 - 2012-04-29 13:27:47 UTC
Krixtal Icefluxor wrote:

Dearest, over half are ganked Gank Boats.

So is the rest of the stats for the month. Ether way more was done in 2 days then the rest of the month.

Cheap Gank Boats vs Ships carrying stuff.

Ether way a ton of Ships died in Jita.
Takseen
Federal Defense Union
Gallente Federation
#114 - 2012-04-29 13:38:58 UTC
Lexmana wrote:
Duvida wrote:
I'm pretty sure that if it got to the point where CCP was saying 'Our paychecks are in danger!', that some 'things' would happen to ensure a happy high-sec population.

I think CCP marketing is pretty happy with the events so far:
http://www.pcgamer.com/2012/04/28/nowhere-is-safe-in-eve-online-as-goonswarm-suicide-bombs-galactic-trade-hub/

From the article
Quote:
In EVE there are 3 market hubs: Rens, Amarr, and Jita.

:(
Krixtal Icefluxor
INLAND EMPIRE Galactic
#115 - 2012-04-29 14:05:25 UTC  |  Edited by: Krixtal Icefluxor
Takseen wrote:
[quote=Lexmana]
Quote:
In EVE there are 3 market hubs: Rens, Amarr, and Jita.

:(

I guess they nuked Dodixie.

...and, heck, Hek.

Intenaki Otatop
Imperial Academy
Amarr Empire
#116 - 2012-04-29 14:09:13 UTC
I would make a crack about this, but you never know who will write your name down.
Barengar Grayborne
Short Bus Enterprises
#117 - 2012-04-29 14:31:54 UTC
Sigurd Sig Hansen wrote:
Brisco County wrote:
Wasn't there a freighter killed in Perimeter worth 500 billion dollars?

Whoa what is that in isk?

If you took 500 billion dollars and turned it all into plex you could buy roughly 25,062,656,641 plex. At current market value if you were just to outright sell them you would net somewhere in the neighborhood of

11,995,441,127,781,085,307.41 ISK

For the sake of the systems. For the sake of yourself. Vote Hobo Beard.

Ocular Shadows
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#118 - 2012-04-29 14:37:40 UTC
Krixtal Icefluxor wrote:
Karadion Kohlar wrote:
Krixtal Icefluxor wrote:

You wouldn't want to dispute the Mittani at his written word now would you ?

Shut up. You don't speak for Mittani. Burn Jita will be over when GSF says it's over. Go cry in a corner with your dunce hat.

Moar Tears . I need more. Go on. Don't be afraid. Smile

Considering how often you are multi-posting, looks to me like you are raging pretty hard. You sound like the guy who got punched, on the ground with his nose broken and bleeding saying "that all you got?"

Speaking of fun kills not mentioned so far, I'm kind of a fan of this pod mail.

http://eve-kill.net/?a=kill_detail&kll_id=13200460
Krixtal Icefluxor
INLAND EMPIRE Galactic
#119 - 2012-04-29 14:47:53 UTC  |  Edited by: Krixtal Icefluxor
Ocular Shadows wrote:

Considering how often you are multi-posting, looks to me like you are raging pretty hard. You sound like the guy who got punched, on the ground with his nose broken and bleeding saying "that all you got?"

Lay off the drugs. They are making you see things.

Yup, the OP is just dripping with bloody rage. Roll

You guys exaggerate the scale and size of everything. And yes probably of THAT little thing too.

Miilla
Hulkageddon Orphanage
#120 - 2012-04-29 14:49:54 UTC
Krixtal Icefluxor wrote:
Welp, now that Hulkageddon is on and the 'official' part of Burn Jita is apparently over, the results from the EVE Kill board are a bit interesting.

Of the ships that are use for major transportation of goods, there were destroyed:

25 Freighters
9 Jump Freighters
1 Orca

That's IT for major cargoholds that actually haul a descent amount worth halting from trading.

Remaining are:

272 T1 Industrial class
87 T2 Transport (smallest cargoholds of these classes)

That's a grand total of 394 trade ships with only 35 of them being major ships.

I hardly think that broke our economy, especially if you follow CCP Diagoras and the scale of numbers in EVE, which are astonishingly LARGE. This is powdered toast comparatively.

The other 9200 losses are combat ships not used for major trade hauling anyway, mainly BC's and Destroyers. More than 1/4 are Capsules.

http://www.eve-kill.net/?a=system_detail&sys_id=143

Scale of numbers, yes, but how did it affect TRADE in the regions? Not taking about ships in deep null that don't regularly use Jita.

Look at Hulkageddon now, ice belts are near empty in some regions. Nobody is mining. It has literally went from full population to a handful. It does have an impact, even a localised one, is still an impact.