These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Burn Jita Over (?) - Outcome and Results

Author
Fannie Maes
Doomheim
#261 - 2012-05-02 03:25:54 UTC
Krios Ahzek wrote:
Fannie Maes wrote:
Krios Ahzek wrote:
Fannie Maes wrote:
SmilingVagrant wrote:
You seem to have a bone to pick.

I do, if you got a problem with that then just ignore me or deal with it.

Come on, we know you're in THORN (...who?), just post with your main.

Sorry to break your heart... but I am not. But whatever floats your boat, stick with that.

Well then you are some random shitheel who read a horrible circlejerk in CAOD and decided to repost it in point form in GD. In which case, die as soon as possible (In game fellow Capsuleer) .

Oh... you want me to die? man, I just lost... all... will... to... live... damn you goons damn you, now I am depressed.
Krios Ahzek
Royal Amarr Institute
Amarr Empire
#262 - 2012-05-02 03:40:55 UTC
glad to be of service

Though All Men Do Despise Us

Malphilos
State War Academy
Caldari State
#263 - 2012-05-12 23:49:31 UTC
The only thing more disappointing than the lackluster showing at Jita is this thread. Cry
Desert Ice78
Gryphons of the Western Wind
#264 - 2012-05-13 00:30:09 UTC
Well in all fairness, with the Burn Jita event the goons were doing what they truly do best, which is to say make a lot of noise, like school children in a playground.

The facts are that the scale of the Jita economy is a monster; it is staggering, as is the amount of freighters and industrials moving to and from it on a daily basis. The goons ran around the place, making lots of noise, lots of forum (ship)posting, but the totality of their efforts were akin to throwing a baked bean at a charging rhinoceros.

So, was it successful?

Well, the goons are publically happy, they made lots and lots of noise, and maybe even made some new people notice them for a while. As for the semi-official goals of BURNING Jita, and obliterating the hi-sec trade hub etc. etc.?

No.

I am a pod pilot: http://dl.eve-files.com/media/corp/DesertIce/POD.jpg

CCP Zulu: Came expecting a discussion about computer monitors, left confused.

ModeratedToSilence
Republic Military School
Minmatar Republic
#265 - 2012-05-13 00:35:59 UTC
Desert Ice78 wrote:
Well in all fairness, with the Burn Jita event the goons were doing what they truly do best, which is to say make a lot of noise, like school children in a playground.

The facts are that the scale of the Jita economy is a monster; it is staggering, as is the amount of freighters and industrials moving to and from it on a daily basis. The goons ran around the place, making lots of noise, lots of forum (ship)posting, but the totality of their efforts were akin to throwing a baked bean at a charging rhinoceros.

So, was it successful?

Well, the goons are publically happy, they made lots and lots of noise, and maybe even made some new people notice them for a while. As for the semi-official goals of BURNING Jita, and obliterating the hi-sec trade hub etc. etc.?

No.

Where did you find these semi official goals? Were they clearly defined as goals or were they just pre event hype?
Desert Ice78
Gryphons of the Western Wind
#266 - 2012-05-13 01:34:30 UTC
ModeratedToSilence wrote:
Desert Ice78 wrote:

So, was it successful?

No.

Where did you find these semi official goals? Were they clearly defined as goals or were they just pre event hype?

Pre-event hype is a great description, or if you like, school children making alot of noise.

To quote the Tittani:

"....to be able to burn Jita to the ground. And then we are going to do exactly that; we are going to annihilate Jita. We are going to go to the heart of hi-sec, the beating heart of Eve Online, and we are going to stab it repeatedly."

The quote can be found here, you just have to listen through a few minutes of some of the most glorious egotistical whining and why-me crying first.....

I am a pod pilot: http://dl.eve-files.com/media/corp/DesertIce/POD.jpg

CCP Zulu: Came expecting a discussion about computer monitors, left confused.