These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Burn Jita Over (?) - Outcome and Results

Author
Mortimer Civeri
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#201 - 2012-04-30 01:24:06 UTC
From reading several save Jita battle reports, it consists mainly of "We killed several Goon Tech 1 Kamikaze Destroyers using Tech 3 Cruisers, had to leave the field, and the Goons continued to interdict the system within minutes. Op Success". Roll

"I don't know which is worse, ...that everyone has his price, or that the price is always so low." Calvin

Xolve
GoonWaffe
Goonswarm Federation
#202 - 2012-04-30 03:48:25 UTC  |  Edited by: Xolve
Mortimer Civeri wrote:
From reading several save Jita battle reports, it consists mainly of "We killed several Goon Tech 1 Kamikaze Destroyers using Tech 3 Cruisers, had to leave the field, and the Goons continued to interdict the system within minutes. Op Success". Roll

You're misunderstanding the situation their space-friend, blowing up internet spaceships that were bought, fitted, and flown with the express intention of dying gloriously (while laughing maniacally) after engaging in criminal activity is the utmost pinnacle of PvP.

Think about the killboard stats space friend, the killboard stats.

TEST Alliance Stats
http://kb.pleaseignore.com/?a=cc_detail&ctr_id=27

732 Ships killed (266.75B ISK) 1524 Ships lost (36.27B ISK)

Please bear in mind our alliance alloted 50 billion ISK in reimbursements for pilots dying gloriously during the Burn Jita campaign
Andski
GoonWaffe
Goonswarm Federation
#203 - 2012-04-30 03:57:33 UTC
Mr Epeen wrote:
Between 30 and 100 freighters an hour in and out of 4/4 over the weekend. The heroes of bee country managed to kill 28 of them.

Lets do a little math here... LOL ...why bother!!

Obvious fail is obvious.

Mr Epeen Cool

lol you sat there counting all the freighters

what an amazing life you must lead

Twitter: @EVEAndski

"It's easy to speak for the silent majority. They rarely object to what you put into their mouths."    - Abrazzar

Sidus Sarmiang
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#204 - 2012-04-30 04:10:23 UTC
Andski wrote:
Mr Epeen wrote:
Between 30 and 100 freighters an hour in and out of 4/4 over the weekend. The heroes of bee country managed to kill 28 of them.

Obvious fail is obvious.

Mr Epeen Cool

Does this serve as an example of extreme sperging or extreme virginity?
Kreeia Dgore
24th Imperial Crusade
Amarr Empire
#205 - 2012-04-30 04:20:04 UTC
As a true industrialist i do appreciate any havoc and unstability on the market, because those offer huge possibilities to make extra profit. Thus, i supported the idea of killing freighters and stuff.
This goal has, however, failed. If 300-400 freighters would be killed, it would be a blow to commodities mobility and since resources for manufacturing would be rather immobile in big scale, the production would halt, at least for a time being. But frankly, jita had no impact on the market whatsoever.

Even tough this goal failed, i still enjoyed the fireworks. For the whole friday i was at work just starring at the mayhem through live stream feeds. For the first time in years, i simply enjoyed watching the game (the only other thing worth watching for me were catsle sieges in lineage II btw). So, it was fun and i dare to encourage some more of these actions in the future.
Mr Epeen
It's All About Me
#206 - 2012-04-30 04:34:38 UTC
Andski wrote:
Mr Epeen wrote:

Obvious fail is obvious.

Mr Epeen Cool

I also counted the number of times you brave warriors docked up when a red popped up on the overview. Kept me amused while doing important stuff in other parts of the verse.

Mr Epeen Cool
Polly Oxford
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#207 - 2012-04-30 05:11:49 UTC
Andski wrote:
Mr Epeen wrote:

Obvious fail is obvious.

Mr Epeen Cool

He must be pretty bad at math if he actually counted.
Aggressive Nutmeg
#208 - 2012-04-30 05:39:25 UTC
Any stats on how many free killmails were handed out by goons? There seemed to be a helluva lot of whoring going on in the short time I was there.

Never make eye contact with someone while eating a banana.

Ranger 1
Ranger Corp
Vae. Victis.
#209 - 2012-04-30 07:16:29 UTC
Actually, I strongly suspect one of the main goals was to simply get everyone whipped into a frenzy talking about it.

By that measure not only was it a success, largely due to threads like this, but it continues to be a success... and likely will for some time.

Simply put, if this thing was "no big deal" we wouldn't be seeing all of these ridiculous threads popping up everywhere.

Not that self defeating threads on this forum are exactly rare...

View the latest EVE Online developments and other game related news and gameplay by visiting Ranger 1 Presents: Virtual Realms.

Gogela
Epic Ganking Time
CODE.
#210 - 2012-04-30 07:49:25 UTC  |  Edited by: Gogela
I want everyone to know I danced around my room singing this today.

Thanks to TEST and goons. Everyone who has a sense of humor had fun. Big smile

I guess I should give T'Amber / cerberus a shout out. Sup!

EDIT: Yes there was good choreography involved. Some day I'll tape this **** and post itShocked

Signatures should be used responsibly...

colonel kurz
Doomheim
#211 - 2012-04-30 08:54:18 UTC  |  Edited by: colonel kurz
look at Evemarket data reports (in the part with the "history" of turnovers of the last week) in order to search for answers on which could have been "jita burn" actual impact

for the rest, enjoy the fourm drama
Vulcan23
New Eden Advanced Experiments
#212 - 2012-04-30 09:09:09 UTC
Krixtal Icefluxor wrote:
Vulcan23 wrote:
You are citing a killboard that gives all the kills in Jita for the WHOLE MONTH OF APRIL Lol

Erm..........nope.

That EVE Kill "Burn Jita" Special custom link was created by the organizers to be a total count of Jita only for a limited time.

You derped all over your new shirt.

I see. So presumably the reason that the page says Month 04, has links to 'previous month' and, most importantly, lists its first kill for the 1st of April mean nothing to you. Or did the goons also develop time travel? The special custom link to which you refer just says Burn Jita but links to the monthly board.

Allow me to help you: Pay Attention!

If you look towards the bottom of the page you will see that all the kills listed on the page happened on the 1st of April.
Sycho Pathic
Republic Military School
Minmatar Republic
#213 - 2012-04-30 12:56:33 UTC
Ayuren Aakiwa wrote:
I love when carebears get all butt hurt and cry 'but they didn't make any isk what a fail!!!1111'

I think you might be confusing butt-hurt for amusement.

It was an interesting diversion. Lots of things going boom and local looked like a teleprompter with tourettes.

But, at the end of the day, it was business as usual all over Eve.
stoicfaux
#214 - 2012-04-30 13:49:16 UTC
IMO, I think the real impact was being able to pop-lock the Jita node thus impacting Jita's ability to perform as a trade hub. The ganking was just icing.

Pon Farr Memorial: once every 7 years, all the carebears in high-sec must PvP or they will be temp-banned.

Hauling Hal
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#215 - 2012-04-30 14:02:32 UTC
Where's Jita and should I have ever gone there?
stoicfaux
#216 - 2012-04-30 14:09:44 UTC
Hauling Hal wrote:
Where's Jita and should I have ever gone there?

It's in Nepal. And I wouldn't go there unless you're really, really, really, really bored or are in desperate need to get away from it all.

Pon Farr Memorial: once every 7 years, all the carebears in high-sec must PvP or they will be temp-banned.

Ana Vyr
Vyral Technologies
#217 - 2012-04-30 14:24:20 UTC
I was expecting much more from Burn Jita....thought it would go on much longer at least. Shrug. I guess it got over hyped.
Bootleg Jack
ACME Mineral and Gas
#218 - 2012-04-30 14:43:26 UTC
Krixtal Icefluxor wrote:
Welp, now that Hulkageddon is on and the 'official' part of Burn Jita is apparently over, the results from the EVE Kill board are a bit interesting.

Of the ships that are use for major transportation of goods, there were destroyed:

25 Freighters
9 Jump Freighters
1 Orca

That's IT for major cargoholds that actually haul a descent amount worth halting from trading.

Remaining are:

272 T1 Industrial class
87 T2 Transport (smallest cargoholds of these classes)

That's a grand total of 394 trade ships with only 35 of them being major ships.

I hardly think that broke our economy, especially if you follow CCP Diagoras and the scale of numbers in EVE, which are astonishingly LARGE. This is powdered toast comparatively.

The other 9200 losses are combat ships not used for major trade hauling anyway, mainly BC's and Destroyers. More than 1/4 are Capsules.

http://www.eve-kill.net/?a=system_detail&sys_id=143

We'll have to see how this compares with Hulkageddon...

I'm an American, English is my second language...

Alotta Cleavage
Center for Advanced Studies
Gallente Federation
#219 - 2012-04-30 15:09:50 UTC
I was very disappointed that I was only popped one time in Jita over the weekend.
Jarna Civire (GoonWaffe) & Maimakterion (Dreddit) both decided to Smartbomb Perimeter Gate in JITA.
Not sure if they realized or even care but a bunch of noob scavengers were there and they popped a few of us.
http://eve-kill.net/?a=kill_detail&kll_id=13200972
http://eve-kill.net/?a=kill_detail&kll_id=13201567

Good Times!!!
Alavaria Fera
GoonWaffe
#220 - 2012-04-30 15:32:45 UTC
Mortimer Civeri wrote:

Winning the battle by getting on killmails!

Triggered by: Wars of Sovless Agression, Bending the Knee, Twisting the Knife, Eating Sov Wheaties, Bombless Bombers, Fizzlesov, Interceptor Fleets, Running Away, GhostTime Vuln, Renters, Bombs, Bubbles ?