These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Wormholes

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
123Next page
 

The bad thing about this forum

Author
Gibbo3771
The Tuskers
The Tuskers Co.
#1 - 2012-04-27 09:59:34 UTC
Now all the scrubs will be asking constantly how to do everything.

Wh's are a trial and error game mechanic, try and keep it that way.
discordigant
Doomheim
#2 - 2012-04-27 10:02:16 UTC
Gibbo3771 wrote:
Now all the scrubs will be asking constantly how to do everything.

Wh's are a trial and error game mechanic, try and keep it that way.



Well that's if they even notice its here now.
warwarb
Anomalous Existence
Spatial Instability
#3 - 2012-04-27 10:15:10 UTC
Point them to the wow forum. See if they get wise.
Ya Huei
Imperial Collective
#4 - 2012-04-27 10:20:33 UTC
Noone is telling you to give GOOD advice though ? any advice will do :P
Mr Bigwinky
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#5 - 2012-04-27 10:24:52 UTC
Ya Huei wrote:
Noone is telling you to give GOOD advice though ? any advice will do :P

This
Welcome to EVE online, here's your rubix cube, go F*** yourself ♥
Rastin Crysknife
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#6 - 2012-04-27 10:26:00 UTC
And what, then, is compelling you to A) answer questions or B) participate at all on this forum, if you view them so negatively?

Bob is always present, watching you traverse space accessable only though wormholes. He is the constant reminder that there is always someone watching you, waiting for your moment of weakness to appear and claim his toll for collecting the bounty of his realm.

Gibbo3771
The Tuskers
The Tuskers Co.
#7 - 2012-04-27 10:29:36 UTC
Rastin Crysknife wrote:
And what, then, is compelling you to A) answer questions or B) participate at all on this forum, if you view them so negatively?


Because I can?

Forum is good but already bad enough you get idiots asking for drake fits in Ships And Modules :p
Oxandrolone
Unlimited Liabilities LLC
#8 - 2012-04-27 10:32:00 UTC
wh's are not trial and error.

i have never jumped ships threw a wormhole to try and calculate its mass
i have never tested stats in a wormhole to work out how much benefit i get worm a c4 pulsar for example

you get my point?

i personally want to encourage everyone possible to come and live in wormholes because its so anoying going through 30 c5's a night and only finding a gas mining hurricane out of the pos shields, there either needs to be less wormholes or there needs to be more people in them.
Mr Bigwinky
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#9 - 2012-04-27 10:33:23 UTC
Oxandrolone wrote:
wh's are not trial and error.

i have never jumped ships threw a wormhole to try and calculate its mass
i have never tested stats in a wormhole to work out how much benefit i get worm a c4 pulsar for example

you get my point?

i personally want to encourage everyone possible to come and live in wormholes because its so anoying going through 30 c5's a night and only finding a gas mining hurricane out of the pos shields, there either needs to be less wormholes or there needs to be more people in them.

This too.
Welcome to EVE online, here's your rubix cube, go F*** yourself ♥
Roime
Shiva Furnace
#10 - 2012-04-27 10:41:21 UTC
Gibbo3771 wrote:
Rastin Crysknife wrote:
And what, then, is compelling you to A) answer questions or B) participate at all on this forum, if you view them so negatively?


Because I can?

Forum is good but already bad enough you get idiots asking for drake fits in Ships And Modules :p


Asking for fitting advice in a forum meant for fitting advice is bad?

I do sort of agree that Drake pilots should be banned, but that's another topic.

.

Mr Bigwinky
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#11 - 2012-04-27 11:24:37 UTC
Roime wrote:
Gibbo3771 wrote:
Rastin Crysknife wrote:
And what, then, is compelling you to A) answer questions or B) participate at all on this forum, if you view them so negatively?


Because I can?

Forum is good but already bad enough you get idiots asking for drake fits in Ships And Modules :p
Asking for fitting advice in a forum meant for fitting advice is bad?
No, not using the search function is bad.
Welcome to EVE online, here's your rubix cube, go F*** yourself ♥
AdZc
Legio Prima Victrix
#12 - 2012-04-27 13:21:03 UTC
Im sure there is plenty already in the exploration forums. So what difference does this make.
silens vesica
Corsair Cartel
#13 - 2012-04-27 14:48:25 UTC
Ya Huei wrote:
Noone is telling you to give GOOD advice though ? any advice will do :P

Phrase it right, and you can get a fool to pee on an electric fence.
Which can be highly entertaining.


Just make sure he doesn't have a big brother.

Tell someone you love them today, because life is short. But scream it at them in Esperanto, because life is also terrifying and confusing.

Didn't vote? Then you voted for NulBloc

Alice Saki
Nocturnal Romance
Cynosural Field Theory.
#14 - 2012-04-27 14:53:47 UTC
I need a Drake fit :)

FREEZE! Drop the LIKES AND WALK AWAY! - Currenly rebuilding gaming machine, I will Return.

Roime
Shiva Furnace
#15 - 2012-04-27 15:19:52 UTC
Mr Bigwinky wrote:
No, not using the search function is bad.


"drake pvp fit"

No results found.

"drake fit"

Gives some usable results, which are not shown per thread, but per post.

"drake"

Gives page after page of useless, unrelated ****.

Tbh that subforum should have two official threads per ship, one for PVP and one for PVE, like FHC has. People don't use the search.

.

Longinius Spear
Holesale
Holesale Operations
#16 - 2012-04-27 15:46:52 UTC
Oxandrolone wrote:
wh's are not trial and error.

i have never jumped ships threw a wormhole to try and calculate its mass
i have never tested stats in a wormhole to work out how much benefit i get worm a c4 pulsar for example

you get my point?

i personally want to encourage everyone possible to come and live in wormholes because its so anoying going through 30 c5's a night and only finding a gas mining hurricane out of the pos shields, there either needs to be less wormholes or there needs to be more people in them.


AMEN BROTHA!

More free info.. ask me anything.. PLEEASSE come to WH space.. need more targets

Read more of my ramblings on my blog www.invadingyourhole.blogspot.com

Gibbo3771
The Tuskers
The Tuskers Co.
#17 - 2012-04-27 16:06:08 UTC
Hm not sure I agree on the "more people in wh" thing.

I like WH's population currently, if I want to go and fight lots of people I just go out 1 of them several nullsecs we get everyday.

If WH's were more populated, t3's would be cheaper and that means c540, nanoribbons, radar loot, mag loot...it all becomes low value due to the mass flow of it into the economy.

I like it when there is no one around and you have to look for ganks rather than find them every chain.

Think about it, imagine having every static you open into be occupied....

You might get a tengu gank or 2, maybe even a collapsing carrier but bare in mind when your friends are not around and your hauling/jewin or anything else that is likely to ganked...it just becomes a massive risk every chain.
seany1212
Drunkendis Order
#18 - 2012-04-27 18:42:08 UTC
Gibbo3771 wrote:
The bad thing about this forum


Scrub threads like this?

This is just CCP's attempt at keeping everything wormhole related in one topic instead of people having to sift through mountains of threads in ships and modules for a wormhole drake fit (for example) Roll
Nendail Smith
Lockheed Nighthawk
#19 - 2012-04-27 18:55:24 UTC
Oxandrolone wrote:
wh's are not trial and error.

i have never jumped ships threw a wormhole to try and calculate its mass
i have never tested stats in a wormhole to work out how much benefit i get worm a c4 pulsar for example

you get my point?

i personally want to encourage everyone possible to come and live in wormholes because its so anoying going through 30 c5's a night and only finding a gas mining hurricane out of the pos shields, there either needs to be less wormholes or there needs to be more people in them.


I am sorry but I disagree, I'd like to see more WH space. If you want just strait up pvp, go to low sec. If you want blob warfare go to Null. But if you like the "hunt" WH's are where it is at.

Though I do wish they would get rid of local in both LS and NS.
Nendail Smith
Lockheed Nighthawk
#20 - 2012-04-27 18:56:49 UTC
Gibbo3771 wrote:
Hm not sure I agree on the "more people in wh" thing.

I like WH's population currently, if I want to go and fight lots of people I just go out 1 of them several nullsecs we get everyday.

If WH's were more populated, t3's would be cheaper and that means c540, nanoribbons, radar loot, mag loot...it all becomes low value due to the mass flow of it into the economy.

I like it when there is no one around and you have to look for ganks rather than find them every chain.

Think about it, imagine having every static you open into be occupied....

You might get a tengu gank or 2, maybe even a collapsing carrier but bare in mind when your friends are not around and your hauling/jewin or anything else that is likely to ganked...it just becomes a massive risk every chain.


We need more t3 type ships. Would love to see a small sig large gun t3 setup, much like a teir 3 battlecruiser but with changable subs and built out of wh components.
123Next page