These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Inferno And Datacores

First post
Author
Indahmawar Fazmarai
#421 - 2012-05-17 20:58:26 UTC
EvilweaselSA wrote:
Indahmawar Fazmarai wrote:
Malcanis wrote:
I'm not sure Malcanis' Law applies in this case, since as far as I am aware, Soundwave never claimed that this would benefit new players. Nor has anyone else that I've seen seriously advanced that argument, come to that.

Yay, it's more a double standards issue than a one-sidedness issue.

PS, offtopic; I am seriously thinking about getting a new sig. A Fazmarai's Law would be fine. P

didn't you claim you were unsubscribing

whatever happened to that

I resubbed for a month right before Burn Jita and after giving a look at mineral prices. Now i am mining in a BS and having a modicum of fun in my litle corner... that's it, when i'm not getting stuck in some exhumers traffic jam at the exit of the station. Roll

I am less than impressed with hulkageddoners' performance in my system. Bear
Nionn Achren
Lazy Old Logistics Associates
#422 - 2012-05-17 20:59:48 UTC
Well...if CCP hires people from nullsec alliances the development path should drive to 0.0

Since "carebearing in high sec" is killing EvE , let's all go to carebear in null, because is good, feed your epeen
and you can be an important sheep making rich your masters...

The conspiracy theory here, in a plain bussines plot , consist of reducing the isk income of rich nerds of hi,
to make them buy plexes cause if they want to have pimped stuff they haven't enough income.
The rich nullcesers buy plexes wiyh isk, to recover it selling them the stuff.
Also, eventally raid high to destroy that carebear stuff to create the need of more.
CCP gets money and the people harvesting null are playing for free and having fun.

Everybody and his dog earns... all are happy and fun... Hippy times!!!

So , CCP, take apart your disguise, grow up a pair and get ride of high, that will show men between childs.

Objects in mirror are closer than they appear...

EvilweaselSA
GoonCorp
Goonswarm Federation
#423 - 2012-05-17 21:32:22 UTC  |  Edited by: EvilweaselSA
Indahmawar Fazmarai wrote:

I resubbed for a month right before Burn Jita and after giving a look at mineral prices. Now i am mining in a BS and having a modicum of fun in my litle corner... that's it, when i'm not getting stuck in some exhumers traffic jam at the exit of the station. Roll

I am less than impressed with hulkageddoners' performance in my system. Bear

so in other words, ccp can safely ignore all the highsec "people" who claim they will unsubscribe if they don't get their way

i'm gonna link this next time someone tries it

thanks for the info!
Jed Dye
Imperial Shipment
Amarr Empire
#424 - 2012-05-17 22:47:48 UTC
Lin-Young Borovskova wrote:

I'd like to know the exact amount of isk per month is generated with data cores PER CHARACTER. I'm sure it's not that impressive.

50m a month with no interaction or 100m a month doing RP missions daily per character so i don't see what all the fuss is about.??
With that in mind, it takes 8 months to get a free gtc pretty much, which is crap and not really worth the skills to train for, although i trained mine for the T2 bpo lottery for which i never won anything :(
Lin-Young Borovskova
Doomheim
#425 - 2012-05-17 23:05:35 UTC
Jed Dye wrote:
Lin-Young Borovskova wrote:

I'd like to know the exact amount of isk per month is generated with data cores PER CHARACTER. I'm sure it's not that impressive.

50m a month with no interaction or 100m a month doing RP missions daily per character so i don't see what all the fuss is about.??
With that in mind, it takes 8 months to get a free gtc pretty much, which is crap and not really worth the skills to train for, although i trained mine for the T2 bpo lottery for which i never won anything :(

This is right and I guess you'll agree it's not that important as isk amount. Plus it's not free of action since you need to haul stuff and raise (v-e-r-y slowly) standings to get the best isk result, witch is still not impressive.

My question for you is, do you really think this needs any sort of nerf, think it as per individual/ playing a single character and requiring all those training skills/standings efforts for this purpose, since T2 BPO's lottery does not exist any more?

I mean it's not like if your agents were all in the same corporation at the same system and at your character's station, free of skills training/standing efforts and hauling.

Once again, I still think the problem does not come from your main or alt activity for the amount of isk you get out of it, the main problem comes out of a single person doing this with several to a huge amount of alts doing this.
Just like PI and just like the guy with his armada of alts cleaning the belt in front of your eyes.

Because this alts behaviour is the single player skills and effort put in that is wasted. Now for random dude playing his armada of alts ow much will he loose? -he will still be making billions, just less billions but does he really cares?

brb

Velho Scott
Cachacaria Velha ILTDA
#426 - 2012-05-18 22:48:28 UTC
Simply,

Like SKILL training, ONE CHAR per Account can do Research points.

Dini Mueter
Incompatible Protocol
#427 - 2012-05-19 10:48:37 UTC
Velho Scott wrote:
Simply,

Like SKILL training, ONE CHAR per Account can do Research points.

Eh. But research requires skill training... I would have to stop training my main for 6 months to train my two alts to the same efficiency on research. Should those 6 months just go to waste?
Tessla Coil
Pirannha Corp
#428 - 2012-05-19 17:15:07 UTC
Well, this account has about 3 weeks left on it, then it lapses.

The high sec datacore devastation created by the null sec element within CCP is to be honest, trivial.
I am grinding maybe 225-240M / month off of this account in datacores.

But what it represents is key.
This is just another attack in the overall co-ordinated campaign by soundwave (who may or may not STILL be a goon), CSM, cfc, and the other null zealots against high sec.

In the past year, in no particular order of date or impact:

1. Introduction of Tornado and buff of Catalysts, which was a huge buff for high sec suicide gankers.
2. Incursion income crushed, the vast majority of which was generated in high sec.
3. goons underwrote attacks against 2 separate racial ices, an attack mostly that hurt high sec
4. goon underwrote hulkageddon, a direct attack against high sec
5. cfc and their allies choked off supplies of tech, which affected all who have no direct access to tech. Impact of this was again, mostly against high sec.
6. the failed lawyer's last post on Ten Ton Hammer states clearly the goon plans on attacking any and all high sec income sources, thanks to CCP's changes in game mechanics.
7. soundwave had Drone alloys removed. This had a huge effect on a specific zone of null sec (it was pure co-incidence that this DID NOT affect any of the CFC). But this was still a huge hit against high sec mission runners.
8. soundwave had Meta 0 items removed, another massive hit to high sec mission runners. Supposedly this improves things for high sec mfg'ers, but the loss of meta 0 items I am sure far outweighs any benefits.
9. soundwave implemented the datacore devastation.
10. PI high sec taxes rise approx 10-fold.
11. soundwave has been quoted as saying that he wants to move more T2 mfg from high sec to low/null sec.

That is just the stuff that I can remember.

And of course soundwave in his Ten Ton Hammer interview stated that he has an "emergency button" option of reducing bounties by 10% and higher empire taxes.

Bottom line, within a year high sec will be an economic wasteland, and the null sec zealot element will have achieved their goal. soundwave and the other devs in his cadre I am sure will be just as thrilled as their friends/allies within the in-game null sec power blocs.

That is unless, of course, the high sec players don't unsub in large quantities. That is the only thing that can stop this.
Maybe a large contingent of the high sec player base will quit, and CCP will have to take action to stem the bleeding.
Or maybe soundwave, cfc leadership, et al have calculated that the high sec player base will just meekly roll over and accept the destruction of their economic base.

Time will tell. But during that time, CCP won't be receiving income from this account of mine.
RubyPorto
RubysRhymes
#429 - 2012-05-19 22:01:26 UTC
Tessla Coil wrote:
(who may or may not STILL be a goon)

Those are, in fact, the options. I may or may not be Barrack Obama. You may or may not be Sarah Palin. They're true statements because OR returns true if either statement is true.

Quote:

1. Introduction of Tornado and buff of Catalysts, which was a huge buff for high sec suicide gankers.
2. Incursion income crushed, the vast majority of which was generated in high sec.
3. goons underwrote attacks against 2 separate racial ices, an attack mostly that hurt high sec
5. cfc and their allies choked off supplies of tech, which affected all who have no direct access to tech. Impact of this was again, mostly against high sec.
6. the failed lawyer's last post on Ten Ton Hammer states clearly the goon plans on attacking any and all high sec income sources, thanks to CCP's changes in game mechanics.
7. soundwave had Drone alloys removed. This had a huge effect on a specific zone of null sec (it was pure co-incidence that this DID NOT affect any of the CFC). But this was still a huge hit against high sec mission runners.
8. soundwave had Meta 0 items removed, another massive hit to high sec mission runners. Supposedly this improves things for high sec mfg'ers, but the loss of meta 0 items I am sure far outweighs any benefits.
11. soundwave has been quoted as saying that he wants to move more T2 mfg from high sec to low/null sec.

And of course soundwave in his Ten Ton Hammer interview stated that he has an "emergency button" option of reducing bounties by 10% and higher empire taxes.

Bottom line, within a year high sec will be an economic wasteland, and the null sec zealot element will have achieved their goal. soundwave and the other devs in his cadre I am sure will be just as thrilled as their friends/allies within the in-game null sec power blocs.

That is unless, of course, the high sec players don't unsub in large quantities. That is the only thing that can stop this.
Maybe a large contingent of the high sec player base will quit, and CCP will have to take action to stem the bleeding.
Or maybe soundwave, cfc leadership, et al have calculated that the high sec player base will just meekly roll over and accept the destruction of their economic base.

Time will tell. But during that time, CCP won't be receiving income from this account of mine.

Things you forgot:
1. Removal of Insurance payouts to Suicide gankers, a huge nerf to them.
2. Sanctum Nerf, instantly making tens of billions of Isk worth of Sov upgrades worthless (not to mention, nerfing income), besides Incursions were producing almost a third of the Isk that all the bounties in EvE produced concentrated on a few hundred (vs several thousand) pilots.
3. How is that CCP's fault? Players created content in an effort to reap financial gain (see Gall Ice Interdiction Announcement).
4. How is that CCP's fault? Players created content in an effort to reap financial gain (each Hulk has something like 200m of tech in it, and the CFC is part of OTEC)
5. How is that CCP's fault? Players created content in an effort to reap financial gain (a Tech cartel finally working? OMGWTFBBQ! Seriously, it's been tried a bunch of times and this is the first time it worked)
6. How is that CCP's fault? Players are talking about creating content to relieve their boredom
7. And an OMGWTF Enormous boon to miners everywhere. CCP admitted that they cocked up when they introduced the Drone regions, and just finally got around to fixing it. Drones were horrible for the game in a profession balance sense.
8. You salvaged your missions? For Meta 0 mods? Whaa? And the boon to miners is enormous.
9. That's a nerf to everyone's income. Anyone who's been around a while has some datacores farming. But it's helping FW players (the other Miners) who have been being screwed over since launch.
10. Low and Null are now required to build and defend POCOs, and blues can't start planets in blues space.
11. "We want to move T2 production more towards low and zero-sec. This gives us a very cool venue for FW to influence the rest of the universe instead of being a closed-loop system." Soundwave seems to want to tie the areas together more, rather than Null Exporting Raw materials and Importing finished goods.

These are just

Bottom line, within 3 weeks you'll be gone and EvE will continue to die the same slow death it's been dying since 2003. The death of increasing Subs.

"It's easy to speak for the silent majority. They rarely object to what you put into their mouths." -Abrazzar "the risk of having your day ruined by other people is the cornerstone with which EVE was built" -CCP Solomon

Zimmy Zeta
Perkone
Caldari State
#430 - 2012-05-19 22:18:24 UTC
+1 to what Ruby Porto said, although I'd like to add something to point 8 (no more meta 0 item drops):
This one I find rather annoying. Hardly anybody uses meta 0 items when meta 1 and 2 items are better and nearly the same price. The only people who have a constant demand for meta 0 items are t2 producers, who need them as materials for the respective t2 modules. I feel that this was basically just another stealthy ninja-nerf to invention.

I'd like to apologize for the poor quality of the post above and sincerely hope you didn't waste your time reading it. Yes, I do feel bad about it.

RubyPorto
RubysRhymes
#431 - 2012-05-19 22:36:19 UTC
Kuranei wrote:
I guess the ones who actually use there data cores for invention just got completely overlooked. No wander the data cores mostly used cost 300k + now. I have never sold any of my data cores to the market..never. it really gave me the perception of invention was free if I owned the bpo, so I was able to turn a profit quicker than repaying the cost of the cores. I run two Inventors and can burn threw a 1000 cores in less than a day. especially doing anything above cruiser size inventions. So what does this hit mean ?

Datacores you mine aren't... ah screw it. They're free, like candy. Using them yourself makes more isk than selling them, and Veldspar's been shooting out my ass so long, Chribba's become my number two in the centipede.

"It's easy to speak for the silent majority. They rarely object to what you put into their mouths." -Abrazzar "the risk of having your day ruined by other people is the cornerstone with which EVE was built" -CCP Solomon

RubyPorto
RubysRhymes
#432 - 2012-05-19 22:38:28 UTC
Zimmy Zeta wrote:
+1 to what Ruby Porto said, although I'd like to add something to point 8 (no more meta 0 item drops):
This one I find rather annoying. Hardly anybody uses meta 0 items when meta 1 and 2 items are better and nearly the same price. The only people who have a constant demand for meta 0 items are t2 producers, who need them as materials for the respective t2 modules. I feel that this was basically just another stealthy ninja-nerf to invention.

It was a buff to T1 producers who were exposed to competition from a silly source: Missionbears. But when you buff one market player's income, another's must fall. Zero sum game and all.

Zimmy Zeta
Perkone
Caldari State
#433 - 2012-05-19 23:10:31 UTC  |  Edited by: Zimmy Zeta
RubyPorto wrote:
Zimmy Zeta wrote:

It was a buff to T1 producers who were exposed to competition from a silly source: Missionbears. But when you buff one market player's income, another's must fall. Zero sum game and all.

True, but missing my point.
In a player driven economy, players will try to buy the best goods for the lowest price. And meta 0 items are per definition the worst products, and their price is now determined by the mineral cost, whereas meta 1-4 items drop as loot and are often sold by mission runners extremely cheap, so at least meta 1 & 2 items are almost always more cost effective for the buyer than meta 0.
When I was still a little hatchling and building t1 stuff in Kaunokka, I had to learn that it was next to impossible to sell meta0s above raw mineral value- with the exception of ammo and drones, of course.
I'd like to ask any t1 producer: do you feel that people buy more meta 0 now, can you now make a profit of your meta 0 autocannons (for example) after the escalation changes?

I'd like to apologize for the poor quality of the post above and sincerely hope you didn't waste your time reading it. Yes, I do feel bad about it.

Jessie-A Tassik
Pator Tech School
Minmatar Republic
#434 - 2012-05-19 23:27:27 UTC
RubyPorto wrote:
Tessla Coil wrote:

Those are, in fact, the options. I may or may not be Barrack Obama. You may or may not be Sarah Palin. They're true statements because OR returns true if either statement is true.

Quote:

Things you forgot:
2. Sanctum Nerf, instantly making tens of billions of Isk worth of Sov upgrades worthless (not to mention, nerfing income), besides Incursions were producing almost a third of the Isk that all the bounties in EvE produced concentrated on a few hundred (vs several thousand) pilots.
3. How is that CCP's fault? Players created content in an effort to reap financial gain (see Gall Ice Interdiction Announcement).
4. How is that CCP's fault? Players created content in an effort to reap financial gain (each Hulk has something like 200m of tech in it, and the CFC is part of OTEC)
5. How is that CCP's fault? Players created content in an effort to reap financial gain (a Tech cartel finally working? OMGWTFBBQ! Seriously, it's been tried a bunch of times and this is the first time it worked)
6. How is that CCP's fault? Players are talking about creating content to relieve their boredom
7. And an OMGWTF Enormous boon to miners everywhere. CCP admitted that they cocked up when they introduced the Drone regions, and just finally got around to fixing it. Drones were horrible for the game in a profession balance sense.
8. You salvaged your missions? For Meta 0 mods? Whaa? And the boon to miners is enormous.
9. That's a nerf to everyone's income. Anyone who's been around a while has some datacores farming. But it's helping FW players (the other Miners) who have been being screwed over since launch.
10. Low and Null are now required to build and defend POCOs, and blues can't start planets in blues space.
11. "We want to move T2 production more towards low and zero-sec. This gives us a very cool venue for FW to influence the rest of the universe instead of being a closed-loop system." Soundwave seems to want to tie the areas together more, rather than Null Exporting Raw materials and Importing finished goods.

These are just

Bottom line, within 3 weeks you'll be gone and EvE will continue to die the same slow death it's been dying since 2003. The death of increasing Subs.

I'm sure that the loss of a few hundred thousand per Catalyst was a real big deal for the suicide gankers.

Really, are you trying to be moronic?
Zhihatsu
Ministry of War
Amarr Empire
#435 - 2012-05-19 23:31:52 UTC
Jessie-A Tassik wrote:
RubyPorto wrote:
Tessla Coil wrote:

Quote:

Things you forgot:

These are just

I'm sure that the loss of a few hundred thousand per Catalyst was a real big deal for the suicide gankers.

Did you just read part of the post?

People without faces have no mouths with which to speak.

Stella Daverson
Molecular Saving Group
#436 - 2012-05-20 00:41:56 UTC
This is supposed to be a frigging SAND Box, so who let the cat take a dump in the dirt. Soundwave needs to serve us all or get lost. I dont like null sec its people or its slave hive mentality. CCP you need to check this guy and make sure his direction is yours. The Data Core portion of the game is functioning fine, it takes effort, and planning to achieve said goals, what those who get the data cores do with them should not influence the game. Mining with guns is a joke, you nurfed the drone regions for that very reason. Don't make the same mistake with doing R&D at the point of a gun. And who ITH said that the null sec crowd should get the cream of the crop of EVE to begin with. They are less than 15% of you CUSTOMER BASE and have access to untold wealth in minerals, ice and moon goo. Now you want to nurf R&D at the point of a gun, sounds like GOON to me.

Here's an idea get rid of High sec all together period, Have all new players and old high sec players automatically placed into one of the Null Sec "We are Your Fing Lord" Alliances to be AF, and finish killing this game.

Having a know traitor at the helm will not only result in defeat but a ship wreck.

Quite letting the 15% ZOO population i.e. Monkeys run it and consider the bottom line, Your Profits.

Time to get the boat out and go fishing, EVE is officially Goon Nuffed to death.
RubyPorto
RubysRhymes
#437 - 2012-05-20 03:33:19 UTC  |  Edited by: RubyPorto
Jessie-A Tassik wrote:
RubyPorto wrote:
Tessla Coil wrote:

Quote:

Things you forgot:

These are just

Actually, the insurance nerf drove gankers from using T1 Fit Brutixes to using T2 Fit Catalysts. A T1 fit brutix used to cost less than 10m to lose once insurance was taken into account. A T2 fit Catalyst costs around 15m to lose.

The hull cost isn't important, it's the overall cost per gank, and that has risen (even more in higher sec systems where you need 2 Cats).

In addition Hulks aren't the only ships people gank. The Insurance Nerf, even combined with the introduction of the tornado, still increased the cost of suicide ganking a freighter (almost doubled it).

Finally, you gonna comment on the rest of my points, or did you just try to pass off silly arguments about hull price as arguing over the whole current direction of Eve Development

EDIT Because I had a little more to drink than I thight

Revolution Rising
Native Freshfood
Minmatar Republic
#438 - 2012-05-29 12:28:32 UTC  |  Edited by: Revolution Rising
Ten Bulls wrote:
CCP Soundwave wrote:

Mining with guns was bad because it detracted from real mining. This is bad because it detracts from......what exactly?

It detracts from the standing benefits for mission runners.

CCP Soundwave wrote:

We want to move T2 production more towards low and zero-sec.

T2 production is already heavily influenced by zeo-sec, they have exclusive control of supply.

CCP Soundwave wrote:

This gives us a very cool venue for FW to influence the rest of the universe instead of being a closed-loop system.

Where ISK farmers high on the FW priority list ?

CCP failing

Got to agree, this makes little sense to me, I am in favor of changes to the datacore mechanic if you're deeming it "free isk" perhaps drops in hacking or arch sites or whatever...

However, changing it to benefit FW pilots because you can't think of any other benefits for FW pilots right at the moment doesn't seem a reasonable way to go to me.

You are constantly nerfing one part of the game to keep happy another part of the game and making some awful decisions in the process.

Just because FW needs to be "fixed" doesn't mean datacores should "go to them".

It doesn't really make sense as far as income or possible side benefits for someone doing invention or being able to expand your invention capabilities to one day garner all the necessary parts. In order to do this you are saying I need to run an invention POS and do FW at the same time ?

It's faulty gameplay... please think of another path here. People in all walks of gameplay in eve should have a suitable amount of progression they can partake of when the time is right.

If you're a combat pilot there are plenty of paths. To go from pirating to running a corp to an alliance to holding space...

Mining hopefully will be fixed where people can mine in empire, then low-sec then 0.0...

Guys doing industrial lab work should have some kind of progression that allows them availability of the parts THEY need too.

So one day they are buying all the parts and getting them off the market, then they implment some miners and suddenly cut costs by 5%, then they can get datacores however and cut another 5%... becoming an FW corp to do that just makes zero sense to me.

Mining with guns is bad, but making datacores with guns is good?

Stop smoking the pipe soundwave.

Carton Mantory
Vindicate and Deliverance
#439 - 2012-05-29 12:44:13 UTC
Wow after 9 years we should just do what is right.

High sec should become one constellation with Concord as ruling party and no faction police. Everything else should be low sec /null sec . In low sec you have faction police.

Let pod pilots be forced to fight for the needs or get placed in 6 systems. I really think the time for a different game out of CCP is needed. Nothing really has changed in 9 years except cosmetic.

EVE was a break thru game back in 2003 but its now time to really change it and make like "Firefly".

One major fix is to allow jumping to other systems not thru jump gates but ending up in random points for individuals and fleet jumps like BattleStar Galactica . This game has great potential. CCP needs to hire Sci fi fans not marketing people.
Jaangel
Tectu
#440 - 2012-06-12 18:08:01 UTC
is it just me that thinks the issues with alot of eve stem from 0.0.

It's not profitable by one person(Or lots of one person's)

but is very profitable by large alliances.

coupled with the fact it's very static with large pools of wealth no one wants/needs to move.

data cores and afk wealth in general arn't the issues it's the fact it doesn't move.

I also think that invention needs a boost as it is still hard to compete with BPO holders in certain areas of the market.

Making it harder to earn data cores may compound the current issues.