These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE Information Portal

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
 

New dev blog: Spaceship Murder Notifications

First post First post
Author
Grey Stormshadow
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#221 - 2012-04-27 22:19:00 UTC
There is rumor out that multible bpc copies might show as originals in killmails.... care to comment?

proof of concept:

http://eve-kill.net/?a=kill_detail&kll_id=13190958
http://eve-kill.net/?a=kill_detail&kll_id=13196563

Get classic forum style - custom videos to captains quarters screen

Play with the best - die like the rest

Usul Atreides
Suddenly Freighters
#222 - 2012-04-28 11:45:42 UTC  |  Edited by: Usul Atreides
Grey Stormshadow wrote:
There is rumor out that multible bpc copies might show as originals in killmails.... care to comment?

proof of concept:

http://eve-kill.net/?a=kill_detail&kll_id=13190958
http://eve-kill.net/?a=kill_detail&kll_id=13196563

That was a killboard bug, as stated in the comments:

Michael Karbowiak wrote:

There, killmail has been fixed, API poster has been fixed and a bug in the kill_detail page has also been fixed.

The Blueprints are infact copies, as stated in the API, but our api poster is ******* fail, so it failed at it.

Anyway, sorry for the fuss, i would have loved if it was infact a half a trillion isk loss :)


Besides, that isn't what this dev blog (and therefore thread) is about. It has already been stated that no changes have been made to the killmail system with the new UI, and yet people still continue to ask for such changes in this thread.

I am sure they are perfectly aware of the issues surrounding killmails.
CCP Punkturis
C C P
C C P Alliance
#223 - 2012-04-28 12:19:27 UTC
Usul Atreides wrote:


Besides, that isn't what this dev blog (and therefore thread) is about. It has already been stated that no changes have been made to the killmail system with the new UI, and yet people still continue to ask for such changes in this thread.

I am sure they are perfectly aware of the issues surrounding killmails.


Exactly thisSmile

Revamping kill reports wasn't really a part of our initial plan of changing the war dec system, but we found time to give them some UI facelift and decided to do that now even though we wouldn't change any of the functionality of kill reports.

♥ EVE Brogrammer ♥ Team Five 0 ♥ @CCP_Punkturis

Bienator II
madmen of the skies
#224 - 2012-04-28 12:55:18 UTC
any special effects planed for CONCORDOKKED kill reports?

how to fix eve: 1) remove ECM 2) rename dampeners to ECM 3) add new anti-drone ewar for caldari 4) give offgrid boosters ongrid combat value

Grey Stormshadow
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#225 - 2012-04-28 13:29:28 UTC
Usul Atreides wrote:

Besides, that isn't what this dev blog (and therefore thread) is about. It has already been stated that no changes have been made to the killmail system with the new UI, and yet people still continue to ask for such changes in this thread.

[img]http://i49.tinypic.com/119cf9w.gif[/img]

Get classic forum style - custom videos to captains quarters screen

Play with the best - die like the rest

Creat Posudol
German Oldies
#226 - 2012-04-28 16:10:38 UTC
CCP Punkturis wrote:
Usul Atreides wrote:


Besides, that isn't what this dev blog (and therefore thread) is about. It has already been stated that no changes have been made to the killmail system with the new UI, and yet people still continue to ask for such changes in this thread.

I am sure they are perfectly aware of the issues surrounding killmails.


Exactly thisSmile

Revamping kill reports wasn't really a part of our initial plan of changing the war dec system, but we found time to give them some UI facelift and decided to do that now even though we wouldn't change any of the functionality of kill reports.


And please don't be put off by all the asking for moar stuffz! We really wouldn't want to you devs to go like this, the next time a question about a visual (but very useful) improvement is on the table:
DevA: "Oh I have an idea: let's do this thing too, we're already doing stuffz around it anyways..."
DevB: "uh.. ohh.. don't you remember how punkturis was all proud of all the nice KillMailReport updates and everyone was just asking for all those changes to the core of that system?"
DevC: "Ah yes, that was pretty bad. Yea let's wait till someone orders us to do it, we wouldn't wanna repeat THAT..."

No thank you! We are very glad about this stuff (and it does looks so much more awesome than just *wall of text*). To be quite honest this is one of the things I'm looking forward to the most (together with and as part of the wardec revamp). Nicely seized opportunity there!
Fyrr Deerdan
E.X.O.
#227 - 2012-04-28 16:45:00 UTC
Sorry if it was answered before, but is there any chance we get in-game killboards with that? Seems to me that the War Reports + Kill Reports... So close...

Thanks Big smile
Monthly Monique
Republic Military School
Minmatar Republic
#228 - 2012-04-29 06:08:07 UTC
Aw how cute. You allow your space bros to name your blogs. Your space bros who have prompted you to join their team. To join PL. Which is highly not allowed. Am I right? CCP employees have to be anonymous in game? Right? Yet the open urgings to join them continue. Hilarious. It's t-20 all over.
CCP Punkturis
C C P
C C P Alliance
#229 - 2012-04-29 09:31:10 UTC
Creat Posudol wrote:
CCP Punkturis wrote:
Usul Atreides wrote:


Besides, that isn't what this dev blog (and therefore thread) is about. It has already been stated that no changes have been made to the killmail system with the new UI, and yet people still continue to ask for such changes in this thread.

I am sure they are perfectly aware of the issues surrounding killmails.


Exactly thisSmile

Revamping kill reports wasn't really a part of our initial plan of changing the war dec system, but we found time to give them some UI facelift and decided to do that now even though we wouldn't change any of the functionality of kill reports.



No thank you! We are very glad about this stuff (and it does looks so much more awesome than just *wall of text*). To be quite honest this is one of the things I'm looking forward to the most (together with and as part of the wardec revamp). Nicely seized opportunity there!


yay! I'm glad to read this:)

Monthly Monique wrote:
Aw how cute. You allow your space bros to name your blogs. Your space bros who have prompted you to join their team. To join PL. Which is highly not allowed. Am I right? CCP employees have to be anonymous in game? Right? Yet the open urgings to join them continue. Hilarious. It's t-20 all over.


Seleene is my friends since we were on a team together when he was working for CCP, so he's not only a space bro,
and I thought the "yeah I'll join PL if you give me a Titan" was obvious enough as "yeah.. no guys I don't do that"

I have space friends in all alliances and I have space friends in hisec, losec and nullsec, I just like to be friends with everybodyBig smile

♥ EVE Brogrammer ♥ Team Five 0 ♥ @CCP_Punkturis

CCP Punkturis
C C P
C C P Alliance
#230 - 2012-04-29 09:33:04 UTC
Fyrr Deerdan wrote:
Sorry if it was answered before, but is there any chance we get in-game killboards with that? Seems to me that the War Reports + Kill Reports... So close...

Thanks Big smile


I don't know! at least not this time but it's a super cool ideaCool

♥ EVE Brogrammer ♥ Team Five 0 ♥ @CCP_Punkturis

Fyrr Deerdan
E.X.O.
#231 - 2012-04-29 13:48:31 UTC
CCP Punkturis wrote:
Fyrr Deerdan wrote:
Sorry if it was answered before, but is there any chance we get in-game killboards with that? Seems to me that the War Reports + Kill Reports... So close...

Thanks Big smile


I don't know! at least not this time but it's a super cool ideaCool


Well I wasn't proposing this as a new idea, pretty dang sure you guys had thought about it beforehand :P

Thanks for the answer!
CCP Punkturis
C C P
C C P Alliance
#232 - 2012-04-29 14:52:04 UTC
Fyrr Deerdan wrote:
CCP Punkturis wrote:
Fyrr Deerdan wrote:
Sorry if it was answered before, but is there any chance we get in-game killboards with that? Seems to me that the War Reports + Kill Reports... So close...

Thanks Big smile


I don't know! at least not this time but it's a super cool ideaCool


Well I wasn't proposing this as a new idea, pretty dang sure you guys had thought about it beforehand :P

Thanks for the answer!


Oof course we've thought about stuff like this, and it's always reassuring to see when you guys get the same ideas as usBig smile

But as I said, my team is working on war dec changes and the Kill Report update was just a thing we decided to squeeze in because we had time (and because we really wanted to)!

♥ EVE Brogrammer ♥ Team Five 0 ♥ @CCP_Punkturis

Nova Storm Satori
Cythraul Gyrru
Electronic Control Monkeys
#233 - 2012-04-29 18:10:16 UTC
Whit the new kill report system will logis show up on them if they have reped people in the fight ?

As everything eve pvp related is measured in kills it wood help us logi pilotes alot.
CCP Punkturis
C C P
C C P Alliance
#234 - 2012-04-29 18:53:51 UTC
Nova Storm Satori wrote:
Whit the new kill report system will logis show up on them if they have reped people in the fight ?

As everything eve pvp related is measured in kills it wood help us logi pilotes alot.


no, not this time - sorry! but it's something we want to do in the futureSmile

♥ EVE Brogrammer ♥ Team Five 0 ♥ @CCP_Punkturis

drdxie
#235 - 2012-04-29 19:24:52 UTC
Will the new kill report show me all the kill's I was involved in? or just those where I had the final blow or became space dust?

Caldari Loving needed.. https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&m=1608277&#post1608277

Fyrr Deerdan
E.X.O.
#236 - 2012-04-29 20:44:47 UTC
drdxie wrote:
Will the new kill report show me all the kill's I was involved in? or just those where I had the final blow or became space dust?


Since she stated that it would replace the current killmails, then it means the former.
Scrapyard Bob
EVE University
Ivy League
#237 - 2012-04-29 21:58:37 UTC
It would be tremendously useful if CCP would publish an XML API of the prices used to calculate the kill values.

To prevent issues with the market getting too perfect of information, it should work off a 7-day or 30-day moving average and only publish a single number for each item.

Bonus points if you can tie that valuation into the "Base Value" button in the Contracts UI. Or add the ability for the Assets window to sort based on total value by station.

CCP Punkturis
C C P
C C P Alliance
#238 - 2012-04-30 10:25:37 UTC
Scrapyard Bob wrote:
It would be tremendously useful if CCP would publish an XML API of the prices used to calculate the kill values.

To prevent issues with the market getting too perfect of information, it should work off a 7-day or 30-day moving average and only publish a single number for each item.

Bonus points if you can tie that valuation into the "Base Value" button in the Contracts UI. Or add the ability for the Assets window to sort based on total value by station.



I've passed your request on to the team that would handle this, I can't promise anything what they'll do with itBlink

♥ EVE Brogrammer ♥ Team Five 0 ♥ @CCP_Punkturis

Rek Seven
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#239 - 2012-04-30 11:22:08 UTC
How likely are we to see an official CCP leader board based on the kill reports?
CCP Punkturis
C C P
C C P Alliance
#240 - 2012-04-30 16:07:47 UTC
Rek Seven wrote:
How likely are we to see an official CCP leader board based on the kill reports?


would be so awesome but it's not on the plan right now

♥ EVE Brogrammer ♥ Team Five 0 ♥ @CCP_Punkturis