These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

The Thing That is Wrong With Eve

Author
MadMuppet
Critical Mass Inc
#21 - 2012-04-24 02:21:10 UTC
The only problem with Eve Online is that real life gets in the way.

This message brought to you by Experience(tm). When common sense fails you, experience will come to the rescue. Experience(tm) from the makers of CONCORD.

"If you are part of the problem, you will be nerfed." -MadMuppet

scooter Kondur
Doomheim
#22 - 2012-04-24 02:32:39 UTC
MadMuppet wrote:

Quit your job?
Jake Warbird
Republic Military School
Minmatar Republic
#23 - 2012-04-24 02:36:41 UTC
Another scooter thread. Another thread locked for no content. Whoopty ******* do.
MadMuppet
Critical Mass Inc
#24 - 2012-04-24 02:38:56 UTC
scooter Kondur wrote:
MadMuppet wrote:

Quit your job?

I could never tank the wife aggro.

This message brought to you by Experience(tm). When common sense fails you, experience will come to the rescue. Experience(tm) from the makers of CONCORD.

"If you are part of the problem, you will be nerfed." -MadMuppet

Tippia
Sunshine and Lollipops
#25 - 2012-04-24 02:41:13 UTC
scooter Kondur wrote:
Free Speech
Does not apply to EVE.
scooter Kondur
Doomheim
#26 - 2012-04-24 02:43:52 UTC
Tippia wrote:
scooter Kondur wrote:
Free Speech
Does not apply to EVE.

It did, it ought to. Instead of working on WiS they should be focusing their attention on more important world shaping issues such as this.
Ai Shun
#27 - 2012-04-24 02:50:51 UTC
scooter Kondur wrote:
Tippia wrote:
scooter Kondur wrote:
Free Speech
Does not apply to EVE.

It did, it ought to. Instead of working on WiS they should be focusing their attention on more important world shaping issues such as this.

Are you in the United States?
Tippia
Sunshine and Lollipops
#28 - 2012-04-24 02:52:46 UTC  |  Edited by: Tippia
scooter Kondur wrote:
It did, it ought to.
No, and no.
Free speech does not apply to private entities and certainly not to games run by those private entities.

Want to express yourself freely? Good news: you're (largely) free to do it somewhere else. Around here, you have no such right or privilege.
Knarf Truesdale
The Milkmen
Churn and Burn
#29 - 2012-04-24 02:54:06 UTC
hmmmm... cookies....

CCP 2009:   http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VgvM7av1o1Q CCP 2012:  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3r0KHMrjmk0

moar 2009 please.

Kengutsi Akira
Doomheim
#30 - 2012-04-24 02:57:02 UTC  |  Edited by: Kengutsi Akira
scooter Kondur wrote:
Falin Whalen wrote:
I wondered why my tinfoil stocks were going crazy. I then found out that scooter had posted.

If been constantly vigilant and trying to ward of hate mongers and those that would oppress that weak requires a tin foil fat then I will take two.

Hows that war against Goons goin?

scooter Kondur wrote:
Tippia wrote:
scooter Kondur wrote:
Free Speech
Does not apply to EVE.

Oh hell now you did it, you mentioned WiS. The thread'll get locked for sure now

"Is it fair that CCP can get away with..." :: checks ownership on the box ::

Yes

scooter Kondur
Doomheim
#31 - 2012-04-24 02:59:36 UTC
Tippia wrote:
scooter Kondur wrote:
It did, it ought to.
No, and no.
Free speech does not apply to private entities and certainly not to games run by those private entities.

Want to express yourself freely? Good news: you're (largely) free to do it somewhere else. Around here, you have no such right or privilege.

My house my rules? No unless you like to be treated like a 5 year old. And it doesn't matter companies are still subject to the laws of the land. And the law of the internet is Free Speech.
Ai Shun
#32 - 2012-04-24 03:03:43 UTC
This is going to be interesting; Tippia and Scooter arguing free speech. A logical and argumentative person engaging a moron in debate. It will be like watching the unstoppable force and the immovable object meet for the first time.
Peter Raptor
Galactic Hawks
#33 - 2012-04-24 03:06:26 UTC
scooter Kondur wrote:
Free Speech

It seems to me that as of late that there are a lot of whiners complaining about everything and anyone that doesn't fit the norm. Much more then usual.

Sorry to say guys it is the different people that make Eve special. If you want to continue to ruin your game keep it up. People are always complaining about how CCP caters to the carebears (or whatever group) and how the game is continuously being dumbed down. This, lets call it pussification, of the game needs to stop. The constant rule changing, rule bending and silencing of individuals to appease the vocal minority of whiners needs to stop. I really see this as becoming a serious issue because of the partnership between Sony and CCP for Dust. Is Sony going to further strongarm CCP into adopting their PR policies?

If you can't take a joke, a troll or off the cuff remark then you need to HTFU.

That being said I will viciously troll you if you spew *** hate or any hate in my local but I will defend your right to your own views as well.

P.S. I was mad, had a cookie and now I'm ok

Will you defend someone's "Freedom" to incite Someone else to commit suicide??

CCP upholding human decency , THUMBS UP!! Cool

Evelopedia; 

The Amarr Empire, is known for its omnipresent religion  †  

Tippia
Sunshine and Lollipops
#34 - 2012-04-24 03:07:04 UTC  |  Edited by: Tippia
scooter Kondur wrote:
My house my rules?
Yes. You accepted those rules when you made your account, when you created your character, and when you logged in.

Quote:
And it doesn't matter companies are still subject to the laws of the land.
…and the law of the land is that free speech does not apply to private entities, and certainly not to the games they run. CCP is not a government; it does not have a constitution; it's a private entity that offers you a EULA where you have exactly one right: you are free to close your account at any time.

You're also free to reject this EULA, but then you forfeit the privilege of saying things around here.
Jake Warbird
Republic Military School
Minmatar Republic
#35 - 2012-04-24 03:14:59 UTC
Tippia wrote:
scooter Kondur wrote:
My house my rules?
Yes. You accepted those rules when you made your account, when you created your character, and when you logged in.

Quote:
…and the law of the land is that free speech does not apply to private entities, and certainly not to the games they run. CCP is not a government; it does not have a constitution; it's a private entity that offers you a EULA where you have exactly one right: you are free to close your account at any time.

You're also free to reject this EULA, but then you forfeit the privilege of saying things around here.

BA-DUM-TISH
Lapine Davion
Outer Ring Applied Logistics
#36 - 2012-04-24 03:15:21 UTC
Peter Raptor wrote:
scooter Kondur wrote:
Free Speech

It seems to me that as of late that there are a lot of whiners complaining about everything and anyone that doesn't fit the norm. Much more then usual.

Sorry to say guys it is the different people that make Eve special. If you want to continue to ruin your game keep it up. People are always complaining about how CCP caters to the carebears (or whatever group) and how the game is continuously being dumbed down. This, lets call it pussification, of the game needs to stop. The constant rule changing, rule bending and silencing of individuals to appease the vocal minority of whiners needs to stop. I really see this as becoming a serious issue because of the partnership between Sony and CCP for Dust. Is Sony going to further strongarm CCP into adopting their PR policies?

That being said I will viciously troll you if you spew *** hate or any hate in my local but I will defend your right to your own views as well.

I may not agree with it, but I will defend to the death your right to make an ass of yourself.

[b]Don't worry about posting with your main!  Post with your brain! "Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity."[/b]

scooter Kondur
Doomheim
#37 - 2012-04-24 03:17:55 UTC
Peter Raptor wrote:
scooter Kondur wrote:
Free Speech

In Canada, specifically Quebec teams doctors offer end of life counselling. So not exactly the same thing for certain. there is nothing really wrong with doing so if there are sufficient medical reasons.
scooter Kondur
Doomheim
#38 - 2012-04-24 03:18:36 UTC
Tippia wrote:
scooter Kondur wrote:
My house my rules?

Quote:

CCP can not institute a series of rules that are contrary to the laws by which it is governed itself.
scooter Kondur
Doomheim
#39 - 2012-04-24 03:18:59 UTC
Lapine Davion wrote:
Peter Raptor wrote:
scooter Kondur wrote:
Free Speech

I may not agree with it, but I will defend to the death your right to make an ass of yourself.

That is all that I ask.
Lapine Davion
Outer Ring Applied Logistics
#40 - 2012-04-24 03:23:34 UTC
scooter Kondur wrote:
Lapine Davion wrote:
Peter Raptor wrote:
scooter Kondur wrote:
Free Speech

That is all that I ask.

This includes making drunken jokes about suicide.

[b]Don't worry about posting with your main!  Post with your brain! "Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity."[/b]