These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE Forums

 
Capture Portrait
  • Date of Birth: 2012-06-10 21:41
  • First Forum Visit: 2012-08-09 14:13
  • Number of Posts: 40
  • Bounty: 0 ISK
  • Likes Received: 0

Sylvanium Orlenard

Security Status -0.2
  • Future Corps Member since
  • Sleeper Social Club Member since

Last 20 Posts

  • EVE IPH Industry Calculator Version 3.3 - Now with Live Market data! in EVE Gameplay Center

    Zifrian wrote:
    n0rman wrote:
    Turgle Builder wrote:
    I've been noticing strange numbers in the SVR column, numbers in the five to six digit range. Has anybody else noticed bugs like this? https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/37810654/Untitled2.png


    Yep.

    http://puu.sh/jZiOE/d1bf339001.png


    I looked into it and it's an EMD issue. See an example here for the Crane: http://eve-marketdata.com/price_check.php?step=Show&type_id=12729&type=history&region_id=10000002

    There is a big drop in the cost for a few days and volume data as well. The data in game is fine. I'll email the devs for that site and see if they can figure out what the issue is.

    Like I said earlier, I want to move to CREST but I'm having some efficiency issues with it and it's not really usable yet. I just got some time to work on it so I'll see if I can figure it out soon.


    Seems these are back to normal now. It was probably a side effect of the EVE API/Crest Issues they were having.

  • EVE IPH Industry Calculator Version 3.3 - Now with Live Market data! in EVE Gameplay Center

    Hey there,

    First off, Thank-you Zifrian for an amazing tool :)

    today I've been getting some very strange SVR values : imgur link There is no way an SVR value of of 15221.16 is a good value for Small Tractor Beam II . . .

    thanks :)

  • Structure blog and sounding board in EVE Gameplay Center

    I won't be able to attend because its in the wrong timezone, however, please someone ask this question.

    Will one be able to set-up contracts in a citatel, including, Item Exchanges, Auctions and most importantly Courier Contracts?

    If the answer to the above is yes, will one be able to set up courier contracts to and from a wormhole system?

  • Dev blog: Politics by Other Means: Sovereignty Phase Two in EVE Information Center

    I've read like the first 6 pages of comments. And one of the prevailing comments was "Where is the bonus / incentive for owning sov?" Now I've never actually been a sov resident but please enlighten me. If there are no incentives to hold sov currently, why are there any systems in EVE that are currently being held by an alliance or an other? For that matter why is renting null systems a thing? I mean there are no incentives to holding sov right now is there?

  • Dev blog: UI Modernization - Icon Strategy in EVE Information Center

    What I like :


    • You are trying to give the player more information faster, instead of having to read the ship type column simply looking at the icon would give you a pretty darn good idea what you are up againts
    • You are trying to make the game more accessible to more players (color blind)


    What I like less :


    • When these icons are placed in the overview or in a bracket they are ridiculously small, which negates their intended purpose (if you need a magnifying class to distinguish the icon from an other one, then they may as well not be different)
    • The distinction between NPC and Player ships on the icons (+) is not enough and makes the icons that much harder to distinguish.



    There is something to be said for simplicity and what we are playing with now is simplistic (if not as informative) So instead of going so far into "We need to give all the info possible" camp, maybe looking into finding a middle ground between the simplistic approach we currently have and the information overload approach you are suggesting?

    Overall I like that you are looking into this and will be paying attention to further developments.

  • W-Space residents: What exactly do you do all day? in EVE Gameplay Center

    Our religion requires us to spend an enormous amount of time meditating on the generosity of BOB.

  • SSC dunk Adhoc for 100+ Bil - Anyone know the story? in EVE Gameplay Center

    Seifer Al'Masy wrote:
    And above all, I admire that this event, taking into consideration all that has been going on in WSpace, this one has been ADHC vs SSC only.



    THIS

    It would have been so easy to call for help but ADHC didn't. This above all demonstrates that ADHC fights with honor until the end. I am very much looking forward to see what what Adhoc will do next. I have no grudge, I'm to new, this was a chance for me to get gud fights and gud fights were had. Thank-you ADHC and I hope to run into you guys soon enough :)


    P.S. I was promised a Niss Tymbrini corps in this op, I never got it. Can that be arranged? Roll

  • Crius Issues in EVE Information Center

    The Latest Patch (Crius 1.6) has raised the material requirement for Light Neutron Blaster II.


    Pre-Patch (Crius <=1.5) I needed 68 Particle Accelerator Unit (BPC @ 2% and an other 2% for the Equipment Assembly Array) (for 10 runs).

    Post-Patch (Crius >=1.6) I now need 87 Particle Accelerator Unit (BPC @ 2% and an other 2% for the Equipment Assembly Array) (for 10 runs).


    All other stats seem to be the same, but needless to say this unannounced change has thrown a wrench in my modest production chain.

    P.S. I assume its Crius 1.6 because of the following info in the patch notes

    Quote:

    Material quantities in T2 items (and other items which are built from other buildable items but reprocess down into base materials) should be corrected, resulting in the correct outputs from reprocessing. This should not change build requirements.


    i know it seems unrelated but its the closest explanation I could find.

  • Crius Feedback in EVE Information Center

    I know this has been stated before but I'm going to add my voice to it.

    1. Could you please add a way for us to filter Blueprints that are already in use out of the blueprints list in the industry window. Don't get me wrong I love that the information is there as it allows us to better understand what we have but when we are setting up jobs these greyed out blueprints just add extra clutter that forces me to scroll down.

    2. I love that you made an effort to keep the industry window up to date. But the animations within the industry window, while cool and slick, adds a small amount of lag (I set up a job and have to wait a few seconds before I can select an other blueprint). While the entire process of setting up multiple identical jobs is way way faster then in the pre-crius I feel that I'm still waiting for the industry window to catch up with me. God forbid if I have 2 clients open at the same time and have the industry window opened at the same place on both clients, now suddenly BOTH clients need to have their industry window updated . . .

    3. This is not that important and not a bug but a "It would be nice to have" : If I am setting up 11 identical jobs at the same time, could it be possible that I select all 11 blueprints at the same time and simply click "Start Jobs" which would start 11 identical jobs.

    4. Assuming number 3 is impossible, could you add a start job button in the blueprint list next to each blueprint which would start a job with the previous settings? (Or maybe just look for a double click event on the preferred Activity icon?)

    5. Why can't I bid on teams using a corp wallet??

    6. Why can't I pay for a job at a POS using my personal wallet? (This would be a nice ability for any corp that have towers but are not industry focused, like I don't know any and all W-Space corps . . . )


    Overall I think these are good changes, just a few glitches and annoying things to iron out. Sometimes plain jane is better then an animated cool and slick interface . . .

  • CREST Documentation . . . . Missing? in EVE Technology and Research Center

    So this morning I figured I'd try to create a new app to help me do EVE related stuff. I figured that I should probably brush up on EVE Crest as I've never actually used it for programming yet.

    So I google Search "EVE Crest" and the top result is : https://wiki.eveonline.com/en/wiki/CREST_Documentation

    Just there is a small problem

    Quote:

    This page has been deleted. The deletion and move log for the page are provided below for reference.

    16:06, 22 May 2014 CCP FoxFour (Talk) deleted page CREST Documentation (content was: "Category:Third Party Development {{Blue box|This is Developer Preview documentation for an API that is not yet available - Sections 2-4 are automatically generated, so don't edit them!}} = CREST = CREST (Carbon REST) is a [http://e...")


    So I am wondering, especially since I can't seem to google search anything else that would help me program with EVE Crest. Do you guys know where I could find documentation / How-to guides?

    Thanks.

  • [Summer 2014] Starbase tweaks in EVE Technology and Research Center

    Copying this here from an other thread (original post)



    CCP Greyscale wrote:

    We are totally open to suggestions for what to do with starbases as they relate to industry. In particular, if anyone who does starbase work can spend a few minutes outlining the *simplest* changes they think would be sufficient to keep starbases in a reasonable place for this release, we're very interested in hearing them. Yes, we know "throw it out and start over" would be great, but we're not getting that done between now and the summer release, no matter how much we'd like to.


    Suggestion.

    Give Labs and Assembly arrays inherent workers. Example : Equipment Assembly Array have 6 Inherent workers. The first 6 jobs (one worker per job) running at the same time will use the basic price and any extra jobs (past number 6) that is running concurrently will use the standard price scalling mechanic as it would apply for any job in the system.

    This would effectively give POS owners a price advantage, so maybe the calculation would have to be a discount for the first 6 jobs and then full price. This would effectively give a reason to have more then one module of one type attached to a POS but also keep the unlimited jobs per module option. Having more modules then becomes a ISK vs RISK calculation (should I have more defences online or should I have more assembly arrays online)

    I used 6 for the Equip Assembly array because this is the current number of slots this modules gives. Please feel free to change that number to whatever you feel is more appropriate.

    If you have an easy, non server intensive way to calculate how many concurrent jobs are running in a single array then this should be somewhat easy to implement. If you don't then this point is moot and forget this suggestion.

  • Dev blog: The Price of Change in EVE Information Center

    Annie Bars wrote:
    Please! Instead of using output price as base for workforce cost, use input material prices!
    Otherwise, you killing dynamics, we already heave in industry:
    when some goods are short in supply, price goes up, so the incentive for industrials to switch production, but with your new workforce pricing system - price of manufacturing goes up as well!
    AND don't forget, searching for items that are high on demand but low in supply - is a fuking hard job! Now, considerably less rewarding.
    SO PLEASE use price of input materials as work force cost base!


    I agree, but this calculation system would cause problems for research / copy / invent/revers engineering. But I do agree that input material cost would make a better benchmark.

  • Dev blog: Building better Worlds in EVE Information Center

    CCP Ytterbium wrote:
    Another update.

    Assembly Arrays:


    • Material reduction from all Assembly Arrays has been reduced from 5% to 2%.
    • Advanced Assembly arrays material waste has been removed. They used to have 10% material waste, they now have 2% material reduction like the regular Assembly Arrays.
    • We are considering increasing cargohold on Assembly Arrays, more updates as we get them.



    I'm a little bit confused, could someone clarify?

    Equipment Assembly Array Info wrote:

    A mobile assembly facility where modules can be manufactured more efficiently than the rapid equipment assembly array but at a reduced speed.

    6 manufacturing slots
    Base time multiplier: 0.75
    Base material multiplier: 1



    What is this "Material Reduction" you speak of?

  • Dev blog: The Price of Change in EVE Information Center

    CCP Greyscale wrote:

    We are totally open to suggestions for what to do with starbases as they relate to industry. In particular, if anyone who does starbase work can spend a few minutes outlining the *simplest* changes they think would be sufficient to keep starbases in a reasonable place for this release, we're very interested in hearing them. Yes, we know "throw it out and start over" would be great, but we're not getting that done between now and the summer release, no matter how much we'd like to.


    Suggestion.

    Give Labs and Assembly arrays inherent workers. Example : Equipment Assembly Array have 6 Inherent workers. The first 6 jobs (one worker per job) running at the same time will use the basic price and any extra jobs (past number 6) that is running concurrently will use the standard price scalling mechanic as it would apply for any job in the system.

    This would effectively give POS owners a price advantage, so maybe the calculation would have to be a discount for the first 6 jobs and then full price. This would effectively give a reason to have more then one module of one type attached to a POS but also keep the unlimited jobs per module option. Having more modules then becomes a ISK vs RISK calculation (should I have more defences online or should I have more assembly arrays online)

    I used 6 for the Equip Assembly array because this is the current number of slots this modules gives. Please feel free to change that number to whatever you feel is more appropriate.

    If you have an easy, non server intensive way to calculate how many concurrent jobs are running in a single array then this should be somewhat easy to implement. If you don't then this point is moot and forget this suggestion.

  • Dev blog: Industry UI in EVE Information Center

    LHA Tarawa wrote:
    CCP Nullarbor wrote:

    That's not why, but it is a nice side effect.


    So, what is the why? You dislike corps being able to make BPOs available for all players to sue, without risk of theft, because they are locked down in corproate hanger?

    There is some "fun" aspect of the game that comes from us grinding out copies in 1-man alt-coprs to protect BPOs from corporate theft?


    Was there really a meeting where someone said "Let's destroy BPO lockdow!" and someone else replied "YEAH!! It will make the game WAY more fun if industrialists have to create one-man alt corps to create copies to protect their BPOs from corp theft!"

    Seriously?



    Industry is currently one of the safest ISK making ventures you can do in EVE. With very few and relatively simple precautions you can currently make ISK hands over fist doing industry and not have to risk much if any of that ISK. (before you say station traders enjoy a risk free ISK making venture, well try doing a bad bet on your trading and see how fast your profits go down the drain :) )

    CCP wants all ISK making activities to have an inherent amount of risk attached to it. In Industry they decided to create that risk by making blueprints have to be in the factory and not in some station under lock down.

    Do I agree with it, NO, but I can understand why they would do that, even if I really really hate it.

  • Dev blog: Industry UI in EVE Information Center

    CCP Nullarbor wrote:
    virm pasuul wrote:
    Will I be able to manufacture from that container in a station given that I am no longer at the root level?
    e.g. blueprint and all materials are in a container - can I manufacture directly from that container without tipping it all back into root please?


    Yes you can manufacture from a container provided all of your materials are in that container.


    Will I be able to use Giant Secure Containers in a POS module like I would a Station container in an NPC Station? currently I can't because the unified Inventory doesn,t know how to look inside a container that is located inside a POS module, it's . . . . . frustrating. :(

  • Dev blog: Building better Worlds in EVE Information Center

    The information that has been released by the devs in this thread gave me an idea. Blueprint Containers you can read about it here : https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&m=4481003#post4481003

  • [Industry - Summer 2014] Blueprint Containers in EVE Technology and Research Center

    In the Dev Blog : Building Better Worlds Comment Section forum thread

    CCP Nullarbor said something of interest.

    CCP Nullabor wrote:
    You will be able to see all your blueprints in assembly arrays etc and remotely start jobs from containers, so that should cover your use case.


    I bolded the part of interest.

    I was thinking of the following problem : blueprint copies do not stack. You could say that that problem will be taken care of by the fact that you can now place them in small standard containers and you would almost be right.

    The problem is you can only place 1000 different stack of items inside a small standard container. Since BPCs are 0.1 M3 of space that equates to exactly 10m3 of space. while the small standard container requries 100 m3 of space. If I use Small standard containers to organize my blueprints then I'm essentially requiring 10x the amount of space required to store my BPCs. In an NPC stations that is not an issue, however in a POS space is very much at a premium and loosing 90m3 of space to store my massive BPC collection is well, a waste of space.

    Therefore I propose the following :

    A new size of container (which I called "Blueprint Container" but "Micro Container" or "Xtra-Small Container" or any other name really works)

    Volume : 10m3
    Capacity : 10m3

    Said container would behave just like any other containers in the game but simply be of the extra small size of 10m3, which would be filled by placing 1000 BPCs (or any other item that is 0.1m3 in size). Such a container would help industrialists by better organizing their blueprints copies, reduce the lag caused when you are moving a huge number of BPCs from one container to an other.


    This idea of course would only be viable If and only If what CCP Nullabor has said comes to fruition. It would essentially be a way to stack my BPCs without having ability to actually stack my BPCs, kind of a cheat but from a coding point of view I understand why BPCs and researched BPOs can't be stacked.

    FYI : it would be nice if I could look inside containers that are inside a POS array without having to move that container into my ship. But I understand that POS Code and Industry aren't necessarily related.

    Thank-you for taking the time to consider my idea.

  • Dev blog: Building better Worlds in EVE Information Center

    Has the possibility of only making the act of "copying" allow for the BPO to be in station and the copy job to be at a POS? Any other type of jobs require that the blueprint be at the location.

  • Dev blog: Building better Worlds in EVE Information Center

    It is extremely hard to intillegently comment on changes to industry when you announce that there are 5 (or 6?) more Dev Blogs to come to cover all areas of industry (not counting the changes that will come in what I presume will be the point release, namely to inventions and reverse engineering). So CCP, pls pls pls write and release the rest of the Dev Blogs in this series so that I can understand more how my game play will be affected. For example I'm extremely worried that the fact that I'll have to more around the blueprints (be it be copies or originals) along with the raw materials now, but for all I know in one of the next dev blogs you made BPCs and researched BPOs stackable.

    However there are several points I want to bring up.

    1. You mentioned that all slots will be removed from the game and the price scale will be implemented everywhere. This is concerning because for those of us using a POS, we already pay a price for those slots, these slots are much much more expensive the the ones that are currently available in NPC stations, we pay for them by fueling our POS, we can do some math and spreadsheet foo to figure out the actual price of these slots. However if slots aren't going to be a thing anywhere and the ISK sink mechanism will be added to Assembly Arrays and Mobile Laboratories then you are effectively saying that I'll be paying twice (once with POS fuel and the second with the ISK sink price scheme) for the right to use said arrays or labs, Am I correct? (again the answer to this riddle may reside in one of the upcoming dev blogs)

    2. As has been pointed out at many many occasions throughout this thread, Locking and Unlocking BPOs are going to be a serious problem because now I need to move said BPOs more often then I ever did before. (in order to either build at the POS arrays or to find a cheaper station). If I can't rely on the BPO lock down anymore then I won't have anyone else in my industry corp but my own alts, which is sad and removes partnership and group gameplay.

    3. You mentioned in the Dev Blog that copy times will be decreased in order to make it a viable option to rectify point number 2. Which is all nice however, T2 components BPOs require items (reports I believe) in order to make copies of them, which couple with the new escalating price scheme will effectively raise the price of production and force me to haul yet more stuff. (but who knows maybe you have an answer for that waiting for me in an future dev blog)

    4. POS standing requirement removed for H-Sec, is worrisome. Some corporations will have more trouble, not less to get their own moon in H-Sec that is respectively close to a trade hub. Why do you ask? Just look at what happened with POCOs, while I'm sure the intend was to put more power to the ppl what really happened is that the big H-Sec corporations took over as many planets has possible and now extort taxes over the small corp players who wish to do PI. I predict that most of the moons in "The Forge" for example will quickly be taken over and a number of placeholder dead sticks will be placed instead and those same big corps will either sell the spots or most likely rent the spots. (Pay me a monthly fee or we war-dec you and you loose that moon). Making it easier from a game mechanic point of view to install a POS also makes it easier for the big guys and thus give them more chances to choke out the small corps. In RL we have Governments that apply regulations against monopolies for example, in EVE requiring standings to anchor a tower played a similar role. This is a good thing. I'm not against revisiting how standings work for POSes but I am against seeing this mechanic disappear entirely and not be replaced by an other.

    5. In the Dev blog you mentioned, that you want the ISK vs RISK calculation to be taken into account, which is good but in my opinion forcing BPOs to be brought into a POS array to take advantage of said array is tipping the scale to far towards the RISK side of things. Example, a player specializes in making Command Ships or all kinds, to accomplish this is has 1 T1 battlecruiser BPO, researched, for each command ship and he decides to anchor his POS at a system that has no NPC station with Industry slots of any kind. Associating an ISK value to those BPOs is troublesome at best, because while its easy to figure out how expensive an unrehearsed BPO is, the research one has a different value depending on the price you paid to research them (sliding pay scale for research slots) not counting the 3 to 6 months you spend to do the actual research on them. If he were to loose his tower and all which is in it, then for this player to be able to return to his old set-up would take almost a full year, that is a full year that he has to find other sources of income because he command ship production was blown up. That is a huge, huge amount of risk, and the ISK was probably just enough for him to a for a PLEX every month and do some PvP. In my opinion the balance between ISK and Risk is broken in that instance.

    That being said I really really really look forward to the rest of the Dev Blogs in this series so that I can make a more informed decision about it. Until then I count myself has Cautiously Optomistic