These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE Forums

 
Capture Portrait
  • Date of Birth: 2004-12-01 04:58
  • First Forum Visit: 2011-09-20 02:12
  • Number of Posts: 557
  • Bounty: 0 ISK
  • Likes Received: 0

Niko Lorenzio

Security Status -0.9
  • United Eve Directorate Member since

Last 20 Posts

  • March release - General feedback in EVE Information Center

    I guess their workaround to not seeing people online status is allowing unlimited alts so you can put one in every system and see if someone is there or not.

  • Dev Blog: Introducing Clone States & the Future of Access to EVE in EVE Information Center

    So I can finally cancel my last sub and stop supporting this nonsense and still stay connected? Awesome.

  • March release - General feedback in EVE Information Center

    Been an undying supporter of EVE and CCP since 2004. It's really a shame and hard to believe that as someone who always said that I would be a part of EVE till I died or they shut off the server, I find it impossible to muster the will to login or support this nonsense any longer. For the sake of all the wonderful people at CCP and the Icelandic economy, I hope all the selling out of the last few years has been worth it.

  • [PROPOSAL] Remove the Buddylist/Go Back to Watchlist in Council of Stellar Management

    https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&m=6500320#post6500320

  • March release - General feedback in EVE Information Center

    Starrakatt wrote:
    Lord Razpataz wrote:
    Lord Razpataz wrote:
    CCP Lebowski wrote:
    Thanks for all watchlist feedback great and small, thoughtful and mean! Lol

    We'll be discussing this as a team and I'll endeavour to get some responses on your points and suggestions.

    Thanks for your patience!


    It seems you guys have listen to the players about the gong and kill animation. Great!

    Now what about the watchlist?
    Do we get any responses at all?

    oh.. I wont forget it.. its been my tool for 6 years now.
    imho think you should have left that tool in the sandbox.


    I'm still waiting for a response btw.





    As am I.


    Tic toc..

  • EVE: Citadel expansion - General feedback in EVE Information Center

    Bleedingthrough wrote:
    I used to run fully escalated C5 sites with stealth bombers. Warp in … align … delocak/launch bomb … warp out before anything can lock you.

    This or something similar could be an uncounterable tactic against Astrahus:

    - DMG threshold is rather low (5000 DPS)
    - they can not fit Standup Point Defense Battery I
    - scan res of 40 nm

    I am a bit worried about that.


    AFAIK, aggressing citadel's will disable your warp drivers automatically for the duration of the weapons timer

  • EVE: Citadel expansion - General feedback in EVE Information Center

    Agent Wallace wrote:
    Agent Wallace wrote:
    My character is activating skill injectors, but they are not working? They remain in my hangar, but no skill points appearing in my skill queue as normal.


    Can anyone tell me if this is a known issue?? The Dev appears to be answering the other queries, but not this one.


    Issues are posted on a different thread.

  • Niko Lorenzio for CSM XI - Pro Synergy, HS, LS, Emergent Gameplay in Council of Stellar Management

    I would like to thank everyone again for their support and votes during the campaign. While I have not managed to get on myself I'd it to think we are least helped Jintaan secure his victory. Well done all.

  • Recurring Opportunities coming soon in EVE Technology and Research Center

    Invisusira wrote:
    EVE is in a fantastic spot right now. More content and more activity than ever before. I've never been happier to be playing this game. So it's not lightly that I say ****. RIGHT. OFF. WITH. THIS.

    Dailies exemplify everything that EVE is not.

    • Play whenever you want! Thanks to the time-based skill system, there are no commitments! (oops, not anymore!)
    • Play however you want! PvE, PvP, Industry, Mining, In-station trading, it's all equally valuable! (oops, not anymore!)

    EVE is a sandbox. Dailies do not belong here. **** off with this slippery slope garbage.


    It actually has less activity than the historical average. Still you nailed the other points.

  • Recurring Opportunities coming soon in EVE Technology and Research Center

    Frostys Virpio wrote:
    Tippia wrote:
    Pupinia Stewart wrote:
    Phew, thank god I unsubbed before I added another 6 months to my account.
    Off to Elite: Dangerous!

    See you at Sag A* — don't forget to pack extra heat sinks. P

    Frostys Virpio wrote:
    You will still be able to play when you want and how you want. You just…
    …get penalised for doing so. You can stop the charade and the pathetic excuses — you know full well that this is what they're doing.


    The fact that a bunch of entitled babies can't see that they have a choice and instead feel forced to do something is not a pathetic excuse. I would not introduce something like that but I also understand that there are no penalty involved. Your sub does not entitle you to all the possible SP anymore. Some of it will have be be "earned" in a stupid way. That's all there is to it. If you feel forced to do it, seek help because the issue is in your head.


    So the motivation here is to give everyone extra sp for no reason, not artificially force people to login and do X even if they weren't planning to, right?

  • Recurring Opportunities coming soon in EVE Technology and Research Center

    Actually Aurum reward is an interesting proposal. No ingame method of acquiring it so it would be valuable but not game breaking. Make a small amount of Aurum as the reward please. And make it based on Discovery so that everyone can participate without being forced into activities they don't want/can't do.

  • Recurring Opportunities coming soon in EVE Technology and Research Center

    Frostys Virpio wrote:
    Masao Kurata wrote:
    So you're set on this and nothing's going to change your mind?

    Well, fortunately you have statistics that will show you exactly how bad this is a couple of months after introduction, when daily logins rise (obviously) but subscriptions and pvp activity drop and people cite burn out from dailies as the reason they quit.


    Can't wait for the "I quit" forum post from people burning themselves out on optional content.


    More like "I quit because I'm tired of CCP continually ******* over their game and players." I have more sp than I know what to do with. Personally neither this nor sp trading affects me at all. One of alts is training with no implants because I've been too lazy to login and Jump clone to my +5.

    That doesn't mean I don't care about something that doesn't affect me or support something just because it would benefit me personally. These are things that affect the entire game and players. Would you like it if your country replaced the national flag with a picture of a big turd? it's optional, you don't have to hang that flag outside your window. Are you really affected personally by govt spying on and prosecuting journalists and dissidents if you're not one yourself?

  • Recurring Opportunities coming soon in EVE Technology and Research Center

    CCP Rise wrote:
    Okay, let's see if I can provide some context for our decision to add daily opportunities to eve and maybe answer some of your bigger questions.
    .... .


    Thanks for an actual reply detailing the thinking behind the feature. I must say that this kind of communication is vital for the future of the game.

    First, I would like to point out a small contradiction. You say that you're doing this to create activity but then you mention that you want it done on lunch breaks, which obviously can't really result in much activity. I'm going to assume they are separate so that those that don't want to be left out can do it in a short amount of time even if they can't commit to any emergent activity from logging in.

    Good call on making it once per account.

    I still have a huge problem with specific activity rewarding SP. I would suggest an alternate activity all playstyles and players can take part in. The discovery feature is a great alternative as anyone can participate regardless of location or conditions in space around them which might prevent them from undocking. If the motivation is truly to get players to login, they shouldn't have to undock or be limited to certain activities for SP. Rewards in limited space activities would be fine for ISK, but not SP. I get that being in space might lead to more things happening but SP reward is too punishing in a game which is a lot more than just flying in space

    Last note on WOW in space. If you truly believe that Eve is different just because of its space sci fi setting, you're very mistaken. At its core it's about the values and principles that separate it from other games. Things like grind free progression, being in a sandbox where you can do anything you want without being forced into certain activities and not being manipilated by cheap tactics like rats in a cage. We don't appreciate Skinners box mechanics, being forced to do stuff a certain way at a certain time and general use of sticks and carrots to manipilated the playerbase.

  • Recurring Opportunities coming soon in EVE Technology and Research Center

    Tippia wrote:
    Pleasure Hub Node-514 wrote:
    Having active and passive SP worked in Dust.

    It worked in Dust because the game was built from the ground up with that system in mind and because it had a single activity that fed a single progression tree and a single, very different, passive scheme.

    It cannot be implanted post-fact in a freeform sandbox such as EVE. In order for it to work in EVE, it must not be tied to a single activity. Indeed, it must not be tied to any activity at all. It must be properly balanced against the full range and every mode of passive SP acquisition. It must actually encourage the pre-existing gameplay. In other words, it must be none of the things suggested by this proposal to the point where it is wholly disconnected from SP altogether — that scheme is better served by simply increasing the training speed, if that's what they're after (it isn't).

    Retrofitting a wholly incompatible progression mechanic from an unrelated game — and an entirely different game genre to boot — is so massively unintelligent and contrary to anything even remotely resembling coherent game design that it beggars belief.


    Well said and I would say it didn't work in Dust because Dust was a failure.

  • Recurring Opportunities coming soon in EVE Technology and Research Center

    CCP Rise wrote:
    Thanks for all the feedback.

    Just posting to let you guys know we are reading all of it and even if takes a couple days we will definitely follow up with as many answers as possible.

    Keep it coming.


    You mean like you followed up on SP trading discussion?

  • Recurring Opportunities coming soon in EVE Technology and Research Center

    Welcome to World of Tanks folks.

  • March release - General feedback in EVE Information Center

    Sial Harkonnen wrote:
    "Simplified and shortened the kill feedback animation."
    big thx for this.

    looks like it is hard for you ccp to confess your mistakes? right?!
    quietly fixed the "gong" . now you fixed this "grip in the toilet"-animation without a comment.
    ccp you are on the right way. next thing to fix is what?
    now give us back the switch to turn OFF this cpu/gpu/ram sucking, lag producing, rotate ship on station grap.


    They did comment on both changes.

  • March release - General feedback in EVE Information Center

    Cara Forelli wrote:
    CCP Darwin wrote:
    I can't speak to the state of any discussions about the watch list change, but CCP Lebowski and his team are working furiously, as are the entire Eve crew, to make sure that our upcoming Citadels expansion is in good shape.

    Well...it won't be. At least not in wormhole space. When Citadels come out people in J-space will log out inside them instead of their POS and I will lose the very last indicator that I'm actually playing with other people (visually watching them log out in their POS) and not just twiddling my thumbs waiting on hopes and dreams.

    I'm trying not to be rude because I care about this deeply and I want to see it get attention, but I have wasted many hours of my life in the last few weeks looking for players that weren't even playing anymore. It kind of blows my mind that anyone could complain about a measly animation next to something like this.

    In any case, thanks to those from CCP who have already responded and I will hold out hope that the radio silence on watchlists means serious discussion is happening, or will at least happen once citadels are out of the way. I want to make it very clear that we have not forgotten this issue and it will continue to hamstring content in J-space until it's resolved.


    I'm not sure but I think Lebowski is on the team which is very busy with citadel's and capitals n stuff. I wouldn't expect any changes to watchlist any time soon.

  • March release - General feedback in EVE Information Center

    Rashid Starfury wrote:
    Well I have not seen this posted previously so those of you who use jump clones and have not in the last 24 hours, beware! I was trying to jump from Serren to Choonka where I have a jump clone I havent used in 8 months. I stop my training, get in my pod, bring up character sheet, flip to jump clones and click JUMP on my Choonka clone. Next thing I know, I am still in Serren! According to my jump clone page, I have a jump clone in Serren, but I am still in Serren. This is ridiculous. I have logged in and out three times and I still haven't jumped.

    On top of this, everytime there has been a new patch this month, I have been unable to get the game to patch at all. I have had to use the repair tool so many times I have addedv it to my desk top next to the EVE icon! I just submitted a bug report on the jump clone issue since it started just yesterday after a patch. Will be interesting to see the response, if any!


    They don't really reply to bug reports. Submit a petition (stuck in space).

  • launcher removing accounts in EVE Technology and Research Center

    Yeah that's why I'm staying away from it for now. Still using the old old login screen lol

Forum Signature

The CSM XI Election are now open until March 25th, 2016. Consider Niko Lorenzio for CSM XI.

CSM matters, your voice matters, your vote matters!