These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE Forums

 
Capture Portrait
  • Date of Birth: 2012-03-27 19:22
  • First Forum Visit: 2013-04-11 00:54
  • Number of Posts: 12,551
  • Bounty: 0 ISK
  • Likes Received: 0

Kaarous Aldurald

Security Status 0.5
  • Black Hydra Consortium. Member since

Last 20 Posts

  • CCP wants to change the Watchlist feature ... in EVE Technology and Research Center

    Just watch, they won't even bother fixing locator agents to be remotely useful either.

  • [March] Damage Control Tiericide in EVE Technology and Research Center

    Estella Osoka wrote:

    Not a nerf. It is to balance the Wreck HP buff.


    Ah yes, because a slightly increased chance of getting loot from the freighter's wreck totally equates to a fifty percent increase in hull effective hitpoints.

    If you think that's balance, you need to lay off the drugs.

  • [March] Damage Control Tiericide in EVE Technology and Research Center

    Estella Osoka wrote:

    Hisec has never been about player freedom.


    EVE Online itself was founded on player freedom.

    So you're full of it.


    Quote:

    You want freedom, move to lowsec .


    No.

    EVE Online is a PvP game, and PvP belongs everywhere. Not just isolated where it won't bother you.

    Or at least that was true. If CCP has forgotten the lessons of Ultima Online and is trying to chase purely theoretical casual players by slapping Trammel onto highsec, well... they'll see just how well that works eventually.

    I don't care either way, they'll already irrevocably alienated me, and I'll be taking my business elsewhere. I had a lot of subs seeing as I was a fairly prolific awoxer, two of which actively unsubbed the moment I read Fozzie's comment about this meaning nothing more than wildlife management to him(seriously, way to spit on your customers bro), and the others will not be plexing their accounts this month.

  • [March] Damage Control Tiericide in EVE Technology and Research Center

    Ms Michigan wrote:

    I am taking what you are saying seriously...again, I just don't see it as an issue.


    Of course you don't.

    I say this not to be insulting, but I don't view your side as being capable of intellectual honesty. Had CCP done something equally as punitive to say, mission runners, you would be up in arms.

    To put it succinctly, I think you are all hypocrites.


    Quote:

    For example, years ago (I mean like when I started playing and for years after) hi-sec ganking was just NEVER as big as it became the past few years.


    And you're wrong. Before the insurance nerf, for example, suicide ganking was far, far more prevalent. Anyone who ganked at the time will tell you the same thing.

    For crying out loud, you used to be able to gank in fully fit Battleships and turn a profit, something that is impossible today.


    Quote:

    If you have more numbers from your reddit circle special, then please do post.


    Why? I already told you where it is, go and find it yourself. You'll benefit far more from perusing it yourself than if I quote one individual section or other.

    Horse to water, I swear.

  • [March] Damage Control Tiericide in EVE Technology and Research Center

    Ms Michigan wrote:

    Again, CCP has said this is a balance between the wolves and prey.


    And that's exactly the problem here.

    That they have completely thrown away the concept of player freedom in highsec.


    Quote:

    Why can't we just talk about the outliers and theory craft


    Because you don't get to dictate what other people find noteworthy about the changes made in the thread?

    [edit: Oh, and because that was all hashed out in the reddit thread about this a few hours after the change was posted, by people who can actually do basic math.

  • [March] Damage Control Tiericide in EVE Technology and Research Center

    Ms Michigan wrote:

    You are splitting hairs. All that sort of low-risk (low reward) drudgery is NECESSARY to move goods and keep EVE a vibrant economy.


    And yet the game's economy was in a much better place, with the relative earning and purchasing power of new players several times higher...

    When the game was vastly more dangerous than it is right now.

    Safety kills newbie subs.

  • [March] Damage Control Tiericide in EVE Technology and Research Center

    Oh, and seeing someone in the Incursion alliance crying about hurting new players is delightful.

    You bloated farmers have done more to hurt newbies in this game than every ganker, awoxer and wardeccer in EVE combined(especially since we actually help new players, compared to your bigoted elitism). Your sickening suckling on the most broken mechanic in EVE Online has inflated the game's income generation to such a degree that the income sources available to new players are utterly inadequate to sustain actually playing the game. Driving people into more banal, pointless farming instead of actually being able to play the game, and continuing the toxic cycle.

    You and yours should have been deleted years ago. You richly deserve it.

  • [March] Damage Control Tiericide in EVE Technology and Research Center

    Ylmar wrote:
    Kaarous Aldurald wrote:
    And since carebears are not real players and therefore all they are capable of is bad, sloppy, lazy play, they despise game balance.

    Big smileBig smileBig smile

    Foaming at the mouth and thinking your opinion of other players matters... How precious. Go on, more, let's see if you can dig yourself even deeper into your little hole.


    An excellent example of my theory, by the way, is this guy.

  • [March] Damage Control Tiericide in EVE Technology and Research Center

    Ms Michigan wrote:

    There is nothing WRONG with that EHP. Like Fozzie said, the balance has to be maintained.


    Except that isn't balance. It's just straight up making ganking 50% harder.

    That isn't balance. Which is exactly why so many carebears are defending it, because they hate game balance. Game balance would actually be bad, sloppy, lazy play being appropriately punished with death. And since carebears are not real players and therefore all they are capable of is bad, sloppy, lazy play, they despise game balance.

  • [March] Damage Control Tiericide in EVE Technology and Research Center

    SurrenderMonkey wrote:

    This effectively reduces the benefit of skillful play.


    Effectively nothing.

    It's outright.

  • [March] Damage Control Tiericide in EVE Technology and Research Center

    Nitshe Razvedka wrote:

    Now we need a profit driven reason to Anti-Gank. LP's simular to FW is a good start.


    I see we aren't even trying to hide the blatant hypocrisy at this point.

    Gankers making a profit is "imbalanced", and in the same breath suggest that you should get paid for your petty, halfassed white knighting.

  • [March] Damage Control Tiericide in EVE Technology and Research Center

    Ylmar wrote:
    Kaarous Aldurald wrote:
    Actually defending yourself is so overpowered that if you do it, you have better odds of getting in a real life car accident on the way home than you do of getting ganked.

    For your own sake better not bring real life into this. In real life, pirates, thieves and other asocial individuals are hunted down and locked away, their stolen assets siezed, if they threaten civilized society and the wellbeing of others, or simply because they disrupt commerce. In real life, there is absolutely nothing romantic or desirable about piracy and theft.


    Ah, the "civilized society" angle.

    There are no civilized societies in New Eden.

    But your spiteful little rant was pretty funny. Just goes to show that it's the carebears who can't manage to separate their feelings from reality, like I've always said.

  • [March] Damage Control Tiericide in EVE Technology and Research Center

    Ylmar wrote:
    In this completely unbalanced scenario, buffing hull resists as proposed by CCP Fozzie is a good thing, since it strengthens the side that has far less choice in the matter of highsec engagements.


    Your blatantly dishonest rhetoric aside, the hauler is the only side whose choices matter at all.

    Actually defending yourself is so overpowered that if you do it, you have better odds of getting in a real life car accident on the way home than you do of getting ganked.

    Only the choices of the freighter pilot matter at all, because unless they choose wrong, the ganker never even gets to make his choice one way or the other. If every hauler acted like real players instead of lazy entitled babies, ganking would stop existing in a day or two.

    And that tells you which side really has all the power here. Or it would, if you weren't dishonest.

  • [March] Damage Control Tiericide in EVE Technology and Research Center

    baltec1 wrote:
    Dom Arkaral wrote:
    this thread keeps on going in circles

    MAKE PROPOSITIONS FFS

    I'm out of this cancer thread


    I have.

    If CCP want to nerf the DCU then split the mod into 3. Hull, Armour and shield. Don't bother with the 33% buff to all ships, it isn't needed and causes a huge number of problems.


    We already have tank modules for each defensive stat.

    Just delete the Damage Control concept entirely, and commensurately buff any ship that could use them, nothing else. Then add a hull resist module, just for hull resists.

    Simple, clean, fixes the issue.

  • High Sector System Index in EVE Technology and Research Center

    Danika Princip wrote:
    Roll

  • Sliding Scale For Global Aggression In High Sec in EVE Technology and Research Center

    Eternus8lux8lucis wrote:

    Yes and decentralized hubs with the new citadels would facilitate that, nevermind that nearly all your normal targets will be forced into lower sec systems where zero of the increases actually apply.


    There isn't a whole lot about the Citadels that has been released so far that would change anything about how, and most importantly where business is done.

    Jita moves forward on momentum, as it always has. Why bring your stuff to Jita? Because that's where everybody else has their stuff, and hence where everyone will go to buy! And the snowball rolls on.

    CCP can do nothing short of making it into lowsec to dislodge Jita, and even then it might not work.


    Quote:

    It also makes gankers adapt and have to change tactics and methods. Something that even you mighty gankers shouldnt be immune from.


    We're the only one who have ever had to adapt in highsec to begin with. Nobody else ever has, they do the same old **** they have been for the last decade.


    Quote:

    Hell pvpers and pvers throughout this game have had to adapt and grow from changes. Get with the program.Roll


    PvE has never had to adapt. Oh, CCP finally puts in interesting and difficult missions? Totally optional. Oh, your drones defend your MTU if you are afk with "defend" set? Nope, fastest hotfix in the history of the game.

    PvE has never had to adapt. Their gameplay is basically the same as it always has been.

  • Sliding Scale For Global Aggression In High Sec in EVE Technology and Research Center

    Eternus8lux8lucis wrote:
    I would leave it and Concords response time the same in .5 and .6 and only scale up from there to where it could be an hour or hours within .9 or 1.0 systems.]


    How is it not a nerf again? Because it looks like a gigantic nerf, especially to Jita ganking where it's nice and lively.

    No more nerfs. We need to incentivize and proliferate conflict in highsec, not cut it off at the knees.

  • Bumping Freighters in highsec - A legitimate counter in EVE Technology and Research Center

    Sgt Ocker wrote:

    And seriously - Bumping should be considered a hostile act. The fact it isn't is a sad reflection on game balance.


    No it should not, and the fact that it isn't is a reflection of it being unnecessary, a terrible idea and wholly impossible.

    No multiplayer physics engine that exists, let alone a decade old submarine simulator, can genuinely determine intent in a collision. Moreso because this is not a physical rendering engine, it's just differently sized spheres with a static graphic pasted on at the client end.

  • Bumping Freighters in highsec - A legitimate counter in EVE Technology and Research Center

    Sgt Ocker wrote:

    Just as ridiculous, why should ganking be the only defense against bumpers?


    The same reason why ganking is the only way to kill most things that aren't flagged.

    Because unless they flag themselves with an explicitly hostile act, you have to gank them. And where your engines are aligned is not, and never will be an act resulting in flagging, for a variety of reasons which were elaborated in rich detail in the last thread.

    As such, reported for enormous redundancy. You do not get to open a new one of these every time they get locked. That's exactly what the forum rules are for in the first place, for crying out loud.

  • Rookie corp scams. Yey or ney? in EVE Communication Center

    Officer Pressly wrote:

    Scammers are using the starter corporations to circumvent the law against scamming in starter systems.


    That's not circumventing anything, and it's not a valid point.

    The rule goes against engaging in that activity in the rookie systems, or the rookie system local chat. Nothing more, nothing less.


    Quote:

    I think this is exploiting the New, and as a result is hurting ccp alot.


    Citation needed for that obvious lie.

    They themselves have studied new player retention, and scamming damn sure wasn't mentioned about people quitting.

Forum Signature

"Verily, I have often laughed at the weaklings who thought themselves good because they had no claws."

One of ours, ten of theirs.

Best Meltdown Ever.