These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE Forums

 
Capture Portrait
  • Date of Birth: 2009-03-04 12:31
  • First Forum Visit: 2011-09-20 00:23
  • Likes Received: 0

Galmalmin

Security Status 3.5
  • Wildly Inappropriate Member since
  • Goonswarm Federation Member since

Last 20 Posts

  • The Citadel FIghter Bay... in EVE Gameplay Center

    SurrenderMonkey wrote:
    You have 3 launch tubes. Each tube supports a squadron.

    You can have up to 3 light fighter squadrons and up to 1 support squadron. Your 3 tubes can be filled with whatever mix so long as it comes in under those constraints.

    So, basically, you can have 3 lights, or 2 lights and 1 support. That's about it for an astra.


    To quote Homer Simpson: "DOH"!

  • The Citadel FIghter Bay... in EVE Gameplay Center

    has 2 icons in it.

    One for fighters that has the single chevron and reads 2/3 which I believe to mean 2 of 3 fighter squadrons maximum and the other is the single triangle for support and reads 1/1 which I believe means 1 squadron of 1 maximum.

    Am I understanding the symbols and numbers correctly?

    If so, how do I make the citadel house the third fighter squadron? There are enough fighters in the hanger to fill a third squadron and have spares.

  • Question about getting Industry items out of Low Sec in EVE Gameplay Center

    And do not forget about the Ninja JF pilots who jump into lowsec to get low priced goods and move them to a market paying more. If you're not in a rush and do not want haul it yourself, put it up on contract to a station, not a citadel that can have its doors closed to the public. One of them may decide to buy the material and move it.

    Options abound sir.

  • EC Slots, How Many... in EVE Gameplay Center

    SurrenderMonkey wrote:
    Galmalmin wrote:
    manufacturing / invention / research slots per service module? Did I read too fast and miss it in the dev posts? Stations are ten (10) right?


    You've been AFK a while, huh.


    Ya, couple of years. Getting caught up is interesting.

  • EC Slots, How Many... in EVE Gameplay Center

    manufacturing / invention / research slots per service module? Did I read too fast and miss it in the dev posts? Stations are ten (10) right?

  • So I Put Up A Citadel and an EC... in EVE Gameplay Center

    I provided the ISK and the effort to get them built and put in place.

    Now, when in them, I have to see my eve opponents advertisements in and around my structures?

    There is no off switch for that?

    I don't get paid for their advertising?

    How does that make any business sense for me?

    There needs to be an off switch. Barring that, I need to be paid per impression, their advertizing in my facility.

    I'm just sayin...

  • Excavator Drone BPCs? in EVE Gameplay Center

    Forum Toon wrote:
    Bastion Lemmontt wrote:
    Tau Cabalander wrote:
    Nearly choked to death laughing when I saw the drones selling for over a billion ISK in Jita.


    Why's that?


    who in their right mind will pay billion isk for a mining drone?


    It is all a matter of 'Expense vs Income' for us. If I am using 5 mining drones at a combined cost of 5B+, but I pull 3B+ a day mining with them, is it worth it? I do not know about others, but for me the answer is yes.

    One just has to figure out if they can do that amount or something similar, that allows that kind of 'Expense vs Income' ratio.

  • Taking Control of Citadel Removes It From Overview? in EVE Gameplay Center

    Friend entered system where a Citadel was located. The Citadel owner had taken control of Citadel prior to Friend entering system. Citadel did not show on overview. Other Citadel in system did show on overview. 2nd one which was being controlled, did not.

    Anyone else have this?

    Edit:
    Tested.
    Pilot in system sees Citadel in overview.
    Citadel is "Taken Control" of.
    Citadel disappears from overview.
    Citadel is released from "Take Control".
    Citadel reappears in overview.

    I seem to remember verbiage somewhere to the effect of 'if a citadel is not accessible, it will not be in the overview'.
    I believe that is what happened and seems to work as intended.

  • Dev Blog: Long-Distance Travel Changes Inbound in EVE Information Center

    X Gallentius wrote:
    Galmalmin wrote:
    No, the stuff is just going to rot in station, ya can't have it.
    Can I reprocess your stuff?


    Lol

    Wow, thank you. I Fing laughed when I read that. My morning was going very poorly because of RL(tm) issues and that little comment made me snort.

    Thank you for making my whole day... I appreciate it, even if you were being snarky (and I do not know if you were), my days is better for it.

    Galmalmin

    PS; as a side note, while I am sure that those that have unsubed because of this issue, I have only seen a few that are of the "Rage Quit" category. I have quit to add emphasis to my sincerity regarding the thought process CCP staff have been using of late that effects the way I play. The true measure a business can use to determine if they are inline with their customers is how many leave after they do X or say they are going to do X.

    Galmalmin

  • Dev Blog: Long-Distance Travel Changes Inbound in EVE Information Center

    So, earlier this year I had to abandon my business plan to bring minerals to 0.0 from HiSec via compression through various modules that were then recycled. I had added accounts to have an alt corp in hisec, secured a POS in hisec, populated it with the needed POS modules, secured the BPO's, researched the ME/PE for them to my liking, trained up JF pilots, added accounts and trained up my cyno chain crew, scoured the markets to get the best prices I could for minerals and freightered my purchases to the POS... CCP nerfed the compression business.

    So, I adapt to now just compress raw ore at the POS (so I have to go back and start buying raw ore and ship that bulky crap) and start to ship those compressed blocks to 0.0 (never mind the multiple Billions of ISK worth of minerals I have stockpiled for the previous business plan that CCP nerfed for me) and now my cyno chain is null and void? I can not run multiple accounts of JF to haul what I need to haul in the time frame I have to haul it?

    Don't tell me to work with others, this WAS my Eve and I played it the way I wanted to, not the way you or anyone else say I should play it. SANDBOX? Bull ****!!


    I am done. I started EVEOnline in March of 2009.


    Six accounts unsubscribed today, effective between November 16 - 17 depending which account.

    Pulling POS and modules down, parking them in station.



    No, the stuff is just going to rot in station, ya can't have it.

  • [Release!]: Various Artists - New Eden Logs (Eng) in EVE Communication Center

    Broken link for me on the finished tracks.

  • [Hyperion Feedback Thread] K162 Signatures Appearing on First Jump in EVE Gameplay Center

    Caveat, I am not currently living or working in Wormhole Space, nor have I.

    I can understand the ability of an array that scans for and detects Worm Holes, being placed in a solar system to alert those in it that a Worm Hole has opened up.
    I can understand that array broadcasting that information to those in that system.
    That should be the end of CCP's involvement. A Worm Hole forms, has two ends, if one of those ends is in a system that has a detection array, it is detected and people can be notified.
    The detection array should be programed to be selective to whom it sends that information to.
    If Corp A installs a detection array, then they should be able to select only their corp and/or alliance to receive that information.
    If Corp B wants that information, they would need to install an array in that system as well.

    Also, if the capsuleers entered the system via a Wormhole, there is no record of that entry, hence no notification in local as the Gate did not record and or transmit that information ( I believe this is current functionality, it should never be modified). Once that capsuleer makes a transmission, that transmission is detected in system (current functionality I believe). However, if not transmitted in local, local should just get a blank "unknown" added to it.
    This should also be true if entering a system via a cyno. Sure, your systems detected the cyno, but not who, if anyone, entered via that cyno.

    For a particular type of Wormhole not being detected by the an array, OK, I get that. But for that array to suddenly detect it when someone transits it... I say BS. Either that type of Wormhole is detectable, or it is not. If the Wormhole is not detectable, how was it found in the first place?
    I do not buy the argument about fairness. Something either is, or it is not. Let those in system figure out how to deal with the situation, not CCP.

    You want a Wormhole to handle any amount of mass, but it collapses after an approximate timeframe, no problem.
    You want a Wormhole to collapse after an approximate amount of mass has transited it, no problem.
    You want a Wormhole to have a combination of those, sure, but either it is detectable or it is not.

    Space is NOT safe. Wormhole space, even less so. Live with it.

    Galmalmin

  • Crius Feedback in EVE Information Center

    Drago Shouna wrote:
    Qinby wrote:
    What happend with invention using decryptors?

    This worked after deploying crius but stopped working aprox 27/7.

    When installing invention job with decryptor (in this case Incognito Accelerant Run +1 ME +2 TE +10) the Industry UI gives the wrong info on produced BPC.

    In all cases im talking about inventing an Ishtar (Heavy Assault Cruiser).

    Invention without decryptor is said to produce a BPC with ME-2 and TE -4 (According to http://community.eveonline.com/news/dev-blogs/eve-industry-all-you-want-to-know/).

    This is slightly confusing as well since in my World ME-2 and TE -4 should mean u need -2*1% (2% MORE MATERIAL) and -4*2%(8% MORE TIME).

    IN THIS CASE IT SEEMS TO MEAN ME 2 AND TE 2 wich produces a BPC that uses 2% less material and 4% less time AND THAT IS THE RESULT YOU GET WHEN YOU INVENT WITHOUT DECRYPTOR.

    THERE SEEMS TO BE A SLIGHT CONFUSION BETWEEN THE ME/TE VALUE AND WHEN TALKING ABOUT THE % OF EFFECT IT GIVES.
    THERE ALSO SEEMS TO BE A CONFUSION ABOUT WHEN THE VALUE SHOULD BE POSITIVE OR NEGATIVE.

    AS FAR AS I UNDERSTAND THERE IS NEVER A NEGATIVE ME/TE VALUE on a BPO/BPC (a positive ME/TE is Always a reduction so using a "-" sign is only confusing)

    My conclusion of the "terminology" is that when talking about Blueprint research it is ME and TE meaning the max value is ME 10 (10%) reduction in material and TE 10 (20%) reduction in time.

    When you talk about decryptors IT IS NOT ME AND TE IT IS % (otherwise why give a decryptor TE +10 since you get 4 without decryptor add 10 and you get TE 14 and no Blueprint can have more than 10)



    The right info using a decryptor (Icognito Accelerant) should on succesful invention be, Runs 2 ME 4 (4% reduction) and TE 7 (14% reduction).

    This is the result I got until yesterday (27/7).

    Then this happened....
    When installingt tje job i got the right info "Outcome" ME 4% TE 14% and 2 runs BUT when i look at "job in progress" and check the outcome it shows ME 2% (ME 1) and TE 4% (TE 2) and 1 run.

    In other Words it seems to disregard the decryptor.
    What it will deliver I dont know yet....

    A small suggestion:

    Scrap the ME/TE value and change them to % meaning making the Max values for a BPO/BPC ME10% and TE 20% (why the conversion to %?) "should be simple".

    Stop Writing +/- when it regards ME/TE (cant realy see the Point) and declare all values regarding ME/TE are positive and they are "amount of reduction".

    Looking forvard to feedback.


    It seems to be working, when you invent now, it only uses 1 run from the bpc. Regardless of whether it is successful or not you'll get the blueprint back with 1 run remaining.


    The point is, when we started the invention with decryptors, the output information said multiple run BPO would result. Now, while still percolating, the output now says 1 run.

    WTF?

  • Crius Feedback in EVE Information Center

    Qinby wrote:
    What happend with invention using decryptors?

    This worked after deploying crius but stopped working aprox 27/7.

    When installing invention job with decryptor (in this case Incognito Accelerant Run +1 ME +2 TE +10) the Industry UI gives the wrong info on produced BPC.

    In all cases im talking about inventing an Ishtar (Heavy Assault Cruiser).

    Invention without decryptor is said to produce a BPC with ME-2 and TE -4 (According to http://community.eveonline.com/news/dev-blogs/eve-industry-all-you-want-to-know/).

    This is slightly confusing as well since in my World ME-2 and TE -4 should mean u need -2*1% (2% MORE MATERIAL) and -4*2%(8% MORE TIME).

    IN THIS CASE IT SEEMS TO MEAN ME 2 AND TE 2 wich produces a BPC that uses 2% less material and 4% less time AND THAT IS THE RESULT YOU GET WHEN YOU INVENT WITHOUT DECRYPTOR.

    THERE SEEMS TO BE A SLIGHT CONFUSION BETWEEN THE ME/TE VALUE AND WHEN TALKING ABOUT THE % OF EFFECT IT GIVES.
    THERE ALSO SEEMS TO BE A CONFUSION ABOUT WHEN THE VALUE SHOULD BE POSITIVE OR NEGATIVE.

    AS FAR AS I UNDERSTAND THERE IS NEVER A NEGATIVE ME/TE VALUE on a BPO/BPC (a positive ME/TE is Always a reduction so using a "-" sign is only confusing)

    My conclusion of the "terminology" is that when talking about Blueprint research it is ME and TE meaning the max value is ME 10 (10%) reduction in material and TE 10 (20%) reduction in time.

    When you talk about decryptors IT IS NOT ME AND TE IT IS % (otherwise why give a decryptor TE +10 since you get 4 without decryptor add 10 and you get TE 14 and no Blueprint can have more than 10)



    The right info using a decryptor (Icognito Accelerant) should on succesful invention be, Runs 2 ME 4 (4% reduction) and TE 7 (14% reduction).

    This is the result I got until yesterday (27/7).

    Then this happened....
    When installingt tje job i got the right info "Outcome" ME 4% TE 14% and 2 runs BUT when i look at "job in progress" and check the outcome it shows ME 2% (ME 1) and TE 4% (TE 2) and 1 run.

    In other Words it seems to disregard the decryptor.
    What it will deliver I dont know yet....

    A small suggestion:

    Scrap the ME/TE value and change them to % meaning making the Max values for a BPO/BPC ME10% and TE 20% (why the conversion to %?) "should be simple".

    Stop Writing +/- when it regards ME/TE (cant realy see the Point) and declare all values regarding ME/TE are positive and they are "amount of reduction".

    Looking forvard to feedback.


    Same Issue. Thought It Was Just Me.

  • Crius Feedback in EVE Information Center

    George Gouillot wrote:
    Galmalmin wrote:
    Ray Kyonhe wrote:
    Galmalmin wrote:

    One example of many... back when the NYX was "da bomb", all alot of people could do was whine to CCP about the disparity of the NYX. However, some (and I was not an active participant in this, just in a corp that participated in it) came up with a way to combat that ship when it Hot Dropped somewhere and started to wreak havoc. The strategy derived by players involved specific types and numbers of ships being deployed there to kick that NYX's ass. It worked, NYX's were starting to become irrelevant as a surprise weapon.
    However, due to the whining in forums and threats of unsubscribing, the NYX was nerfed. The time and effort by players to figure out a way to combat that sucker... wasted.

    So, basically your example only shows, that only with team of highly determined and highly professional and well-trained players - which is rare and limited resource in Eve - that beast could be defeated. So, it's actually was overpowered and majority of players couldn't do a thing against it.


    Aye, to an extent.
    Determined, but not "highly determined" and trained versus "well-trained". Not professional in any stretch of my imagination.
    The fact that it was powerful was not the point sir, but that the abilities of that ship were able to be dealt with by the imagination and implementation of the players. The tactic was starting to leak out and more and more were starting to use it. It was only a matter of time before it was going to be relegated back to where it had been in usefulness. CCP did not need to "fix it". The players found a way which is my point for a large portion of what CCP "fixes".

    Again, I am not referring to bugs or actual broken functionality.

    We, the player base, are far smarter than CCP can ever be.


    I agree with some things, but you are contradicting yourself saying it in the context of this expansion. Crius changed industry in a way that makes it acessible for the casual player by getting rid of unnecessary barriers (sKill, POS being obligatory for everything beyond T1 manufacturing, standings for the HS players, stupid ME/TE levels) and in the same time adding complexity to the more dedicated industrialists. Teams and system costs add dynamics into it that make it more challenging to be profitable on a larger scale. And you claimed, you like challenges - so why dont you take them?



    :-)

  • Crius Feedback in EVE Information Center

    Ray Kyonhe wrote:
    Galmalmin wrote:

    One example of many... back when the NYX was "da bomb", all alot of people could do was whine to CCP about the disparity of the NYX. However, some (and I was not an active participant in this, just in a corp that participated in it) came up with a way to combat that ship when it Hot Dropped somewhere and started to wreak havoc. The strategy derived by players involved specific types and numbers of ships being deployed there to kick that NYX's ass. It worked, NYX's were starting to become irrelevant as a surprise weapon.
    However, due to the whining in forums and threats of unsubscribing, the NYX was nerfed. The time and effort by players to figure out a way to combat that sucker... wasted.

    So, basically your example only shows, that only with team of highly determined and highly professional and well-trained players - which is rare and limited resource in Eve - that beast could be defeated. So, it's actually was overpowered and majority of players couldn't do a thing against it.


    Aye, to an extent.
    Determined, but not "highly determined" and trained versus "well-trained". Not professional in any stretch of my imagination.
    The fact that it was powerful was not the point sir, but that the abilities of that ship were able to be dealt with by the imagination and implementation of the players. The tactic was starting to leak out and more and more were starting to use it. It was only a matter of time before it was going to be relegated back to where it had been in usefulness. CCP did not need to "fix it". The players found a way which is my point for a large portion of what CCP "fixes".

    Again, I am not referring to bugs or actual broken functionality.

    We, the player base, are far smarter than CCP can ever be.

  • Crius Feedback in EVE Information Center

    Damjan Fox wrote:
    Well, Crius.....

    I understand the concept and need of an isk-sink in the game. I also can see CCPs intention behind it, to force players to spread out over the universe.

    Regards, Damjan....


    I disagree.

    IF... CCP has the intention of forcing players to "spread out", that intention is flat WRONG in a "Sandbox".

    Just give us, the players, the functionality and let US figure out how to use it as WE want... not how the producers imagined it.
    Just because a producer/coder imagined a functionality to be used in a specific way and their bosses determine that it SHALL be so does not make them correct/right.
    My imagination and desires are NOT the imagination and desires of CCP staff.
    My imagination is not the imagination and desires of other capsuleers either.

    My displeasure with CCP goes back to the fact that CCP does not seem to understand that for every "Nerf", "Disparity", "Imbalance" or similar situation, WE, the Capsuleers, have found a work around or strategy to combat it. Yes, I will concede that the work arounds or strategies we came up with were/are not optimal, however LIFE is not fair and LIFE requires that YOU adapt or perish.

    Galmalmin, you say, what do you refer to?

    One example of many... back when the NYX was "da bomb", all alot of people could do was whine to CCP about the disparity of the NYX. However, some (and I was not an active participant in this, just in a corp that participated in it) came up with a way to combat that ship when it Hot Dropped somewhere and started to wreak havoc. The strategy derived by players involved specific types and numbers of ships being deployed there to kick that NYX's ass. It worked, NYX's were starting to become irrelevant as a surprise weapon.
    However, due to the whining in forums and threats of unsubscribing, the NYX was nerfed. The time and effort by players to figure out a way to combat that sucker... wasted.

    Galmalmin, where are you going with all this you ask?

    CCP has a long history of changing the rules when a number of whiners do what they do best. The effect, usually, is that those who figured out how to improvise, adapt and overcome had their efforts negated by the rules change. Their time and effort was wasted by CCP.

    Many of us come to EVEOnline, "not because it is easy, but because it is hard" (thank you President John F. Kennedy). We came because we have to struggle to get to a point where we do not have to struggle as hard we did when we started. We did not want to have things just handed to us. We wanted to feel a sense of accomplishment, a sense of achievement, a sense of value to what we did. There are plenty of venues out there where you can just brainlessly go hither and yawn to get a higher score. We did not come to EVEOnline for that. If a player did, they need to be shown the door and told thanks, but no thanks.

    If the average IQ for man is currently around 100, mine is above that. Depending upon which IQ test is used, I score an average of 140. Many people are higher than I and I do not claim to be the smartest one around. Why am I mentioning this? I like my brain to be challenged, be it by what I read, what I do for work or what I do for play. Yes, there are times I just want simple and for that, I play solitaire. I don't come to EVEOnline for simple.

    Yes, I understand how a business works and that most businesses want/need to expand, create more profit and so on. Should CCP be the same as other internet gaming companies? Should it cater its business model to the lowest common denominator?
    I say no.
    I say, stop catering to the whiners.
    I say, stop changing the rules.
    I say let us, the Capsuleers, figure out workarounds and or strategies for the disparity of LIFE.
    I have NOT read the Lore associated with New Eden, but I can not imagine in it that all races are exactly equal in technological ability and that they produce items that are exactly equal to the other races similar/equivalent items. Why create and equal playing field across the board? Why stifle the imagination and/or creativity of your players?
    Yes, CCP should fix outright programing bugs and modify/change code to enable functionality in this "Sandbox" as well as create new functionality that WE, the Capsuleers, figure out the best use of, for us. You may choose to use that functionality different than another. To me, that was the main draw to this game, the promise of "Sandbox". Are we getting closer to it? Are we?

    CCP, please stop thinking that your specific imagination as to how to apply functionality in the game is the only way it should be. Please stop trying to stifle our imaginations.

    Galmalmin

  • Crius Feedback in EVE Information Center

    Xela Kcaneoh wrote:
    I immediately reject the premise that humanoid workers would be required to manufacture anything other than hand carvings in this Eve century. Whoever thought of that should not be working in the sci-fi department. Or the reality department.

    I demand a fully robotic assembly array with no preposterous fake taxes for WH and nullsec POS owners. We earn this space constantly through our hard work, and we fuel the POS which powers the array. Why would humanoid work be required to assemble these components? We have nano-factories, but I have to hire somebody to hand-assemble my Ishkur? Incorrect. F-

    The unbelievable nature of the premise makes this tyrrany tax insulting. Insulting to our intelligence, insulting to science, and insulting to the reality of manufacturing in the future.

    You have destroyed the freedom aspect of WH life, which is really our entire reason for being here. We don't want to pay any government for our existence. Can we no longer do that in this game?

    We will only consent to your tyrrany tax if you are willing to send Tax Collectors to try and get it from us!



    ^^ THIS!!

    I say, NO NEW TAXES.

    I say it in RL(tm) and I am surprised (I don't know why I am, but there it is) I am having to say it in my Science Future Virtual Reality.

    Stop the TYRANNY, Stop the TAXATION!!

    Galmalmin

  • Crius Feedback in EVE Information Center

    Galmalmin wrote:
    Did I miss, in my lackadaisical reading of these Cirus changes, that I am being charged a TAX at the POS?

    I purchased, I transported, I installed, I keep fueled, I purchased modules for, I collect minerals for, I purchase BPO's for, I research BPO's and when I do a production run at that POS, I am charged a TAX? Am I reading that TOTAL JOB COST correctly... that I have to pay unknown entity to run that job?

    Galmalmin



    I paid tax when I purchased the POS.

    I paid tax when I purchased the Charon to haul the POS and Minerals.

    I paid tax when I purchase POS fuel.

    I paid tax when I purchased POS Modules.

    I paid tax when I purchased BPO's.

    I pay tax when I refine minerals at a station.

    CCP you will be collecting tax when I list the items on the market (agent fees) and you will be collecting tax when the end user purchases the item on the market.

    CCP, you need to delete paying tax to run production at the POS.

  • Crius Feedback in EVE Information Center

    Did I miss, in my lackadaisical reading of these Cirus changes, that I am being charged a TAX at the POS?

    I purchased, I transported, I installed, I keep fueled, I purchased modules for, I collect minerals for, I purchase BPO's for, I research BPO's and when I do a production run at that POS, I am charged a TAX? Am I reading that TOTAL JOB COST correctly... that I have to pay unknown entity to run that job?

    Galmalmin