These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE Forums

 
Capture Portrait
  • Date of Birth: 2008-06-22 21:26
  • First Forum Visit: 2011-04-07 20:47
  • Number of Posts: 2,034
  • Bounty: 5,000 ISK
  • Likes Received: 0

Eternum Praetorian

Security Status -1.6
  • Brutor Tribe Member since
  • Minmatar Republic Faction

Last 20 Posts

  • 1999-FN53 Asteroid (Semi-Near Miss) Anyone know when it's visible? in EVE Communication Center

    Bagrat Skalski wrote:
    distance 10172655 km, diameter 500~900 m

    What telescope do you have? Radio telescope?

    http://echo.jpl.nasa.gov/asteroids/1999FN53/1999FN53_planning.html



    Yes, don't you? Shocked
    In my Backyard

  • 1999-FN53 Asteroid (Semi-Near Miss) Anyone know when it's visible? in EVE Communication Center

    RUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUNNNNNNNNNNN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    FEAR MONGERING!!! RABBLE, RABBLE, RABBLE@!!!!!!!!!!

    No just kidding :) I want to see this thing in a telescope and I was wondering if anyone knows what time it will be visible in the eastern standard timezone. I can't seem to find the info anywhere. Does anyone know what part of the sky it is in and at about what time?


    DEATH FROM ABOVE!!! ZOMBIE COMET!!!

  • Clears throat.... in EVE Communication Center

    Quote:
    LOL I remember that thread.

    Weren't you looking for 1v1s on SiSi or something?



    @Gully Alex Foyle

    You have a very good memory Lol

    And yes... I could not even get one on SISI!!!11 lol. I will always remember that. People missed the point of thatentire thread. I could not get a fight on the entire tranquility server so I went over to Singularity and people would still not commit in free ships. I was definitely **** posting that day!

    ...


    @Mizhir

    That's awesome lol
    I am only 2 days into the game but I think a modified Caracal swarm would be pretty badass now. We shall see... Hmmm I wonder if Brave is running those these days? Anyway, shitposting is kind of my thing. I'm only a nice guy in game Cool

    ...


    @Herzog Wolfhammer

    Wolf! You do still play!! lol :P

    ...


    @Dracvlad

    Thank you :) I remember you as well.

    ...


    @McChicken Combo HalfMayo

    I think I know who this is... but I can't tell LMAO. Cupcakes?

  • Clears throat.... in EVE Communication Center

    You're right! & thank you! lol

    Quadriplegic... oops!

  • Clears throat.... in EVE Communication Center

    Well i'll be damned... hello Sybil. I will be joining brave in a few days :P

    It's a small universe Cool

  • Clears throat.... in EVE Communication Center

    Solecist Project wrote:
    Name rings a bell, but no idea.


    Will you die for me?



    You and me forum slapped each other once upon a time with regards to EVE's "no fight culture". As I recall I flew all the way out to rens to "die for you" but you were MIA for 2 days( "the phone was busy" Lol) Sybil fought me though, she was your buddy at the time She still play?

  • Clears throat.... in EVE Communication Center

    Ah... to have my grammar corrected again <3

  • Clears throat.... in EVE Communication Center

    This eve related post is to announce the return of... someone of very little importance in the grand scheme of things. Was I the greatest PVP'er in EVE? Nope. Was I the best PVP teacher EVE had ever seen? Nope... I was one of the better ones but there were many such leaders in EVE before and after me. I tip my hat to you all Cool

    What distinguished Eternum among all of his peers was his patients as a teacher. In a fleet, when a fresh young nooblet asked "how do I warp to a gate" (for the fifth time) Eternum was there to tell him. When a paraplegic wanted to fly Guardians and RR his gang with a nothing more then computer control device that he had to work with his teeth... Eternum was there to say that's okay. You fly those guardians with your teeth! Don't let the world bring you down.

    My greatest role perhaps was thought provoking discussions in out of pod experience... including but not limited to "Why the Higgs boson is not god" and "Flipping 100 heads in a row? Nah!". Eternum may not always be right but he always gets you thinking (or trolling). Either one has always been fine by him.


    He is back... for now.
    You have been warned Lol


    Special greetings to the likes of wolf, Akita and all of the other people who never log off. See you in the stars!

  • Proving That The Higgs Field Theory Is A Fallacy in EVE Communication Center

    Riyria Twinpeaks wrote:

    I thought the discovery of the higgs boson is so important because it was predicted by the higgs field theory.


    Where as I have been postulating that quantum electrodynamics (aka raw particle chemistry) practically guarantees that a ~125 GeV type Boson must exist. There could be any number of them, none of which have anything to do with a field.


    Riyria Twinpeaks wrote:
    Anyway, I'm tired now. xD


    Goodnight!
    God knows how many pages of crap will be burring this post when you return!

  • Proving That The Higgs Field Theory Is A Fallacy in EVE Communication Center

    Riyria Twinpeaks wrote:
    Eternum Praetorian wrote:
    [...]

    Well your link is a blog that is very out of date. They actually know more about the ~125 GeV Boson now then they did when it was published on the date 2/27/13. Now I could give you a comparatively intelligent explanation on why and how I disagree, but since you are only here to troll me I will instead point out that on the very same page that you linked19 posts down there is this Associated Production Evidence against Higgs Impostors and Anomalous Couplings dated 3/1/13

    [...]


    Actually, as I understand that link you provided here, they say basically "we have no proof that it's the higgs, but we have evidence speaking strongly against all other alternatives that remain possible based on what we know".

    Edit: As such, "Evidence against Higgs Impostors" seems to mean "evidence against the possibility of the found particle being an impostor".


    Riyria Twinpeaks, you are correct but this entire thread is not about "actual higgs vs higgs imposters" it is whether or not there is any reason to think (through testing and observation) that the ~125 GeV Boson does anything at all besides decay.

  • Proving That The Higgs Field Theory Is A Fallacy in EVE Communication Center

    baltec1 wrote:
    Eternum Praetorian wrote:



    Not really a valid response to what I said... but we can entertain it if you like. Link me because I do not really recall what you are referring to. I said that I do not read scientific papers somewhere? What?

    You are like a merry go round for every cliche personal attack in debate tactics. How about we talk about science now?


    You linked your own thread, go have a look. Linking a bunch of radical theories is all fine and well but there is a reason why the standard modelis used by everyone. If the evidence backed those other theories we would be using them. There isn't some massive world wide conspiracy by scientists looking to protect grant money or their egos, they use it because thats what the evidence point to. Questioning what we believe is good for science but its not good when you hold up theories when there is no evidence backing them up.


    No link then and no bio from you? Well ok then....


    I feel all points have been made and I have poked fun at the two of you enough. Feel free to crap of the rest of the thread. Anyone with even a modest intellect could read this and see what you are trying to do at this point.


    Thank you everyone who actually participated in the debate. I hope there will be more in the future. \0/ Cool

  • Proving That The Higgs Field Theory Is A Fallacy in EVE Communication Center

    baltec1 wrote:
    Eternum Praetorian wrote:


    Hit one of the links I threw up. There is a list of various names pertaining to various alternative models of the universe. Names the laymen would not have even known to google. Upon seeing them you can find scientific papers in PDF format and do appropriate research?

    Are you daft or just being a really, really fail troll right now?

    Since you cherry picked most of what i said in the last three posts I made, I'll just presume the latter of the to.



    In the last thread you hadn't even read anything from the scientific organisations that were running the experiments. In this thread you have said that the entire scientific community is only using the standard theory because they don't want to damage their grant money or their egos. Not exactly a good example you are setting here for researching this subject.



    Not really a valid response to what I said... but we can entertain it if you like. Link me because I do not really recall what you are referring to. I said that I do not read scientific papers somewhere? What?

    You are like a merry go round for every cliche personal attack in debate tactics. How about we talk about science now?

  • Proving That The Higgs Field Theory Is A Fallacy in EVE Communication Center

    James Amril-Kesh wrote:
    There is strong evidence in support of the discovery of the Higgs Boson. For one, there is strong evidence to support its interaction with matter at or near the level predicted by the Standard Model.



    Well your link is a blog that is very out of date. They actually know more about the ~125 GeV Boson now then they did when it was published on the date 2/27/13. Now I could give you a comparatively intelligent explanation on why and how I disagree, but since you are only here to troll me I will instead point out that on the very same page that you linked19 posts down there is this Associated Production Evidence against Higgs Impostors and Anomalous Couplings dated 3/1/13


    Now since it is pretty obvious that you just googled your way to something that looked like "strong evidence" and didn't bother to read through the whole thing before posting it... I will recall one of my favorite sci-fi quotes of all time compliments of James T Kirk.

    "James Amril-Kesh, I am laughing at the inferior intellect"Big smileBig smileBig smilePPLolLol




    On A Side Note:


    This is actually very interesting because we may have discovers a new fundamental law of nature here. Or perhaps not nature but the nature of eve and these forums. People like you pollute GD with mountains of thread derailing garbage all of the time and since there is no way to really prove or disprove what you are saying you get away with it.

    But add into that dynamic something from the real world... and we get to see just how little you actually know don't we?

    I might call this "Eternum's first law of forum interactions" Cool

  • Proving That The Higgs Field Theory Is A Fallacy in EVE Communication Center

    baltec1 wrote:
    Eternum Praetorian wrote:



    Being that I have already stated that wiki is good for the laymen because it can lead you to actual books and science papers, you seem to the one cherry picking information. You also seem to be ignoring large bits of this thread and editing out vital pieces of information.




    We just had most of the worlds scientific organisations warn that wikipedia is a terribly misleading place to get info on complex matters and every university generally bans its use.


    Hit one of the links I threw up. There is a list of various names pertaining to various alternative models of the universe. Names the laymen would not have even known to google. Upon seeing them you can find scientific papers in PDF format and do appropriate research?

    Are you daft or just being a really, really fail troll right now?

    Since you cherry picked most of what i said in the last three posts I made, I'll just presume the latter of the to.




    @ James Amril-Kesh
    As for the "higgs proof" link i'm giving it a read. But I doubt a random blog from over a year ago will have new information in it.


    And why is goonswarm suddenly fail sabotaging my thread? What?What?

  • Proving That The Higgs Field Theory Is A Fallacy in EVE Communication Center

    baltec1 wrote:


    Maths based upon the entire standard model not just bits. Your problem is that you are cherry picking bits and not looking at the whole. As I said, Wikipedia and google are terrible for researching, its stuffed full of cherry picked data and most of it is wrong and near none of it comes from peer reviewed papers.



    Being that I have already stated that wiki is good for the laymen because it can lead you to actual books and science papers, you seem to the one cherry picking information. You also seem to be ignoring large bits of this thread and editing out vital pieces of information.

    Do you know what the math of the standard model is? Then how can you make such a statement?



    Do I know all of the math of the standard model? No, obviously i don't either. But i do know something that you don't seem to know about the math involved in quantum electrodynamics. It deals with mass, velocity and spin. When you get a certain mass going at a certain velocity that has a certain spin... you can reasonably predict what will come out of that reaction. It is all statistical but you can.

    Therefore at 125 GeV we are almost certain to see something baring the properties of the ~125 GeV Boson because that is how it works! It has to be there based upon what we know about inertia, spin and energy interactions.

    But when you assign a ludicrous effect to a particle that is in all other respects ordinary and benign you are no longer "following the math". You are using your imagination. Math does not tell us that something exists. It does not predict the existence of gravity it only explains how it works. There is no math that says "look here is the higgs field".


    That is as simple as any human being can explain it to you. If you don't believe it then I suggest you do some reading. If you do not want to do some reading... well... then you're just some Joe somewhere cherry picking information because you saw it on the fox news.

  • Proving That The Higgs Field Theory Is A Fallacy in EVE Communication Center

    baltec1 wrote:
    Yes it is because unlike all of those other theories it is based upon observable facts and is proven scientifically..



    Would you mind linking me a scientific paper PDF that has in it scientifically proven observations of the Higgs field effect? If not, can you direct me to a PDF containing scientifically proven observations of the Higgs boson interacting with matter?

    No? Hmmm... maybe all that is actually just based on math then...and not observations and testable facts after all. Blink


    Edit:
    Btw... where is your bio?

  • Proving That The Higgs Field Theory Is A Fallacy in EVE Communication Center

    baltec1 wrote:

    Also, Wikipedia and google are terrible for researching.



    Good enough for the laymen my friend. It is a fair enough place to start if you have no real experience with the material. It gives you a good list of things you may wish to find. Through which you can do further research and find your way to actual science papers that are publicly available.



    baltec1 wrote:
    Of course the standard model is wrong, its incomplete and breaks in parts. However, at the same time it is the best answer we have and at the moment there isn't anything else to replace it.


    Again... three times now I think... I invite you to read up on alternative theories to the standard model. Not all other theories have such gaping swiss-cheese-like gaps in them. Therefore... it is not the best possible model that we have right now is it? Blink

    Far too many doctorates, egos and research grants are on the line. More or less, these men and women have to either retire or die out leaving room for a new generation of fame seeking physicists to reintroduce already existing models that hold more promise then what we are force fed today.


    I remind you that t he presumption that the ~125 GeV Boson is a part of this flawed standard model. No such interaction has ever been observed to suggest that it has any unique properties whatsoever. It has not been observed to interact with matter, alter matter or do anything special beyond float and decay. So the presumption that it is a sign of an all pervading field that gives all matter it's mass (except for things like photons) is likely to be just as flawed as the theory that sprang forth the idea in the first place.

  • Proving That The Higgs Field Theory Is A Fallacy in EVE Communication Center

    * Snip ISDI Eternum

    Validating Bio deleted for privacy sake. Play time is over




    baltec1 wrote:
    As for the subject at hand, of course its wrong, we still have a long way to go to understand everything. It is simply the best we can manage at this point in time. The higgs boson is real, whether you like it or not, it is now an observable fact. Science just did take a big leap, just not in the direction you like.


    Wait... you are actually saying of course it's wrong? You really do think the standard model is wrong but you are here bashing concepts that attempt to fix some of the holes in the model without debate or discussion? I could never understand people who did that. Nor can I grasp the motivation behind it...

    As for the higgs particle... NO it is not defiantly related to a higgs field. What you see is the logical and predictable conclusion of that kind of mass being smashed together at that kind of velocity that many times. It is fundamental to quantum electrodynamics. If you understood the material you would understand that a higgs-like particle HAS to be there. But that particle does not have to be a part of a universal spanning field nor does it have to be a part of a field that gives all matter it's mass.

    The two things are not directly connected... you are just being told that they are and believe everything that you hear/read so long as it is coming from a perceived authority figure.




    Oh And...

    -1 troll for the "your argument sucks so I will attack your credentials without delivering a valid counter argument of my own". If and when you choose to actually read up on this stuff, you will find that much of what I am covering can be found in alternative theories (made by physicists with doctorates from around the world) in the Wikipedia. You just have to do some searching to find it. You know... academic stuff Blink


    Man... i just can't help myself.
    I have to troll the trolls... maybe I need an intervention?

  • Proving That The Higgs Field Theory Is A Fallacy in EVE Communication Center

    baltec1 wrote:

    When you get your doctorate in particle physics you can start to question a century of scientific research by the greatest minds in the history of humanity using the most advanced scientific equipment ever made. This is a tiny example of a seemingly huge problem of science itself being attacked across a huge spectrum from climate change, to genetics to vaccines. It is becoming a massive problem.


    I think you should actually click on the links in post 105 and educate yourself on what the greatest minds in the history of humanity using the most advanced scientific equipment ever made are currently working on, what they have found out and why new models of everything are being explored. The higgs field is not the only game in town and if the holes in the standard model cannot be filled... then guess what... science will need to take another giant leap.

    Science being attacked is not the only massive problem. The closed doors of the minds of people like you whom feel content in mankind's overdeveloped sense of importance and universal knowledge is equally as damning.

    As long as people like you, with doctorates or not, mindlessly hold true to theories that can only partially describe everything by looking passed glaring omissions than scientific progression will always be turning it's wheels in the mud. Read a book, read a link and read a scientific paper on a PDF file. All the information is there free to all... and yet, people like yourself proclaim knowledge while maintaining ignorance. And instead of engaging in debate like others have done here you sling accusations and trumpet self importance.

    I say again, you have no idea what my credentials are do you? Big smile But in this debate it does not matter what they are, because doctorate or no doctorate, I most certainly know more than you because I have read the material. I continue to read all of the material that I can get my hands on. I do so from cover to cover. Yourself and James Amril-Kesh are no better than bible thumpers who highlight small paragraphs in the bible and believe they have it all figured out.


    So where as you say I am part of the bigger problem where people attack science, I say you are part of a much larger problem where ignorance masquerades as comfortable understanding. More food for thought Blink


    I guess this will degrade into a trolled thread after all...
    Oh well it was fun while it lasted! Stay tuned for the next Eternum thread!

  • Proving That The Higgs Field Theory Is A Fallacy in EVE Communication Center

    James Amril-Kesh wrote:
    Google doesn't tell me what you think it means.




    Which part is unclear to you precisely?
    This will be my last response to you. If you cannot figure it out then go read a book.


    Quote:
    ....But if the LHC doesn't find any compelling proof for supersymmetry in the next few years, physicists will be left with some uncomfortable possibilities...

    ....In that case, what fills the theory gap? "If nothing else shows up – we've got a Higgs and nothing else – then it's not at all obvious what the next experiment ought to be," says Butterworth. In other words, if supersymmetry doesn't work out, theorists do not have a ready alternative to take its place.....

Forum Signature

[center]The EVE Gateway Blog[/center] [center]One Of EVE Online's Ultimate Resources[/center]