These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
12Next page
 

CCP HATES PRIME FICTION AND FIRES CCP DROPBEAR

First post
Author
Lady Spank
Get Out Nasty Face
#1 - 2012-03-23 22:30:12 UTC
So I heard that CCP Dropbear, who does wonders to ensure that New Eden has a good flow of fiction to go with it's player made content was fired during Fanfest.

I for one am not pleased to hear about anything affecting the development of story and roleplay opportunity in this game and would like to hear some explanation why someone so key to this role would be taken off the payroll.

Eve is a multifasceted game and to show such disregard to the storyline and backdrop which is a significant attraction to the game is pretty insulting not only to the unfortunate people that lose their jobs (my condolences Dropbear) but also to the loyal players who enjoy the rich detail that such people add to the game.

Please reconsider your decision in this instance or at least explain your reasoning for such an act.

(ಠ_ృ) ~ It Takes a Million Years to Become Diamonds So Lets Just Burn Like Coal Until the Sky's Black ~ (ಠ_ృ)

Digital Messiah
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#2 - 2012-03-23 22:32:08 UTC
At first I thought this might be sarcastic criticism. But I have to agree with the spankster. Why did you guys fire dropbear?

Something clever

Boss
University of Caille
Gallente Federation
#3 - 2012-03-23 22:32:49 UTC
The Boss Approves of this message
DelBoy Trades
Trotter Independent Traders.
#4 - 2012-03-23 22:33:05 UTC
Using fanfest to smokescreen the firing of employees, a new low for CCP.

Damn nature, you scary!

ElQuirko
University of Caille
Gallente Federation
#5 - 2012-03-23 22:33:12 UTC
Frankly, I'd quite like to know why the CEO of CCP thinks it's acceptable to run his internet spaceships game in a manner he deems acceptable.

(Seriously, though, it sounds like a bad move. Why?)

Dodixie > Hek

OfBalance
Caldari State
#6 - 2012-03-23 22:34:12 UTC
Was he out of character?
Shang Tsungin
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#7 - 2012-03-23 22:38:56 UTC
A good ol' chunk of the bottle during fanfest and the tongue slipped perhaps?
Esan Vartesa
Samarkand Financial
#8 - 2012-03-23 22:40:06 UTC
It's weird, but I'd been under the impression that he was actually let go a while ago now.

The sudden disappearance of Hilen Tukoss from the AJ project was a good indicator.
ElQuirko
University of Caille
Gallente Federation
#9 - 2012-03-23 22:40:22 UTC
Shang Tsungin wrote:
A good ol' chunk of the bottle during fanfest and the tongue slipped perhaps?


Frankly, I think whoever came up with this mining revamp should be fired.

Who the hell thought "Ring stripping" sounded better than moon mining?

Dodixie > Hek

Simeon Thinkerbolt
Ekchuah's Shrine Comporium
#10 - 2012-03-23 22:44:19 UTC
He posted on his Facebook site, I think back in February, that he left CCP. So where is the surprise?
AkJon Ferguson
JC Ferguson and Son Ltd
Ferguson Alliance
#11 - 2012-03-23 22:46:06 UTC
If true, this is great news. EVE fiction is godawful. Judging from how nobody knew any answers to the EVE fiction trivia questions in the drinking triva contest, everybody agrees with me.

Now if they'd just fire CCP Phantom.
Rukia Taika
Allied Operations
Mechanicus Macabre Immortale
#12 - 2012-03-23 22:50:03 UTC
ElQuirko wrote:
Frankly, I'd quite like to know why the CEO of CCP thinks it's acceptable to run his internet spaceships game in a manner he deems acceptable.

(Seriously, though, it sounds like a bad move. Why?)


When you run your own spaceship game you can decide what to do.

Yeah dropbears's writings were alright but some made the brain hurt at time made me wonder who actually wrote it.
Il Feytid
State War Academy
Caldari State
#13 - 2012-03-23 22:53:24 UTC
AkJon Ferguson wrote:
Now if they'd just fire CCP Phantom.


Why?
The Antiquarian
Imperial Academy
Amarr Empire
#14 - 2012-03-28 12:41:24 UTC  |  Edited by: The Antiquarian
Lady Spank wrote:
So I heard that CCP Dropbear, who does wonders to ensure that New Eden has a good flow of fiction to go with it's player made content was fired during Fanfest.

I for one am not pleased to hear about anything affecting the development of story and roleplay opportunity in this game and would like to hear some explanation why someone so key to this role would be taken off the payroll.

Eve is a multifasceted game and to show such disregard to the storyline and backdrop which is a significant attraction to the game is pretty insulting not only to the unfortunate people that lose their jobs (my condolences Dropbear) but also to the loyal players who enjoy the rich detail that such people add to the game.

Please reconsider your decision in this instance or at least explain your reasoning for such an act.


Lady Spank, please refer to this posting. It seems like you are correct. CCP Dropbear is no longer with us =(

But at least... the good news is that we have other capable and passionate developers working sleeplessly to bring the next round of Arek'Jaalan Live Event in the future!
Ciar Meara
PIE Inc.
Khimi Harar
#15 - 2012-03-28 12:45:57 UTC
What did he do that was so fireable? I loved his fiction and he was one of the few people who actually seemed to care about the IP.

- [img]http://go-dl1.eve-files.com/media/corp/janus/ceosig.jpg[/img] [yellow]English only please. Zymurgist[/yellow]

Adunh Slavy
#16 - 2012-03-28 12:48:30 UTC
ElQuirko wrote:
Shang Tsungin wrote:
A good ol' chunk of the bottle during fanfest and the tongue slipped perhaps?


Frankly, I think whoever came up with this mining revamp should be fired.

Who the hell thought "Ring stripping" sounded better than moon mining?



Everyone except moon owners?

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves.  - William Pitt

Darius Shakor
Second Shakor Clan
#17 - 2012-03-28 12:56:59 UTC
People need to check their facts.

Dropbear got married. He is from Australia and as chose to go back home after the marriage. He chose life over eve. He was not fired, he left entirely of his own volition due to personal circumstances and he did it well before Fanfest.

Darius Shakor - Kacha

Vandeamon Writing Project - EVE Works

Taihbea
Doomheim
#18 - 2012-03-28 12:59:44 UTC
Darius Shakor wrote:
People need to check their facts.

Dropbear got married. He is from Australia and as chose to go back home after the marriage. He chose life over eve. He was not fired, he left entirely of his own volition due to personal circumstances and he did it well before Fanfest.


Shhhhh...
Let the idiots have some "fun".
War Kitten
Panda McLegion
#19 - 2012-03-28 13:01:55 UTC
Darius Shakor wrote:
People need to check their facts.

Dropbear got married. He is from Australia and as chose to go back home after the marriage. He chose life over eve. He was not fired, he left entirely of his own volition due to personal circumstances and he did it well before Fanfest.


CCP made a terribad decision letting him have a real life!

*Rabble* *Rabble* and such, and so forth!

I don't judge people by their race, religion, color, size, age, gender, or ethnicity. I judge them by their grammar, spelling, syntax, punctuation, clarity of expression, and logical consistency.

Ciar Meara
PIE Inc.
Khimi Harar
#20 - 2012-03-28 13:15:23 UTC
Wel congrats on Dropbear then! And his newfound wife, I guess she is the only one that will get whispered sweet tales of eve lore into her no doubt delicate and eager ears.

- [img]http://go-dl1.eve-files.com/media/corp/janus/ceosig.jpg[/img] [yellow]English only please. Zymurgist[/yellow]

12Next page