These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Jita Park Speakers Corner

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
 

Issler Dainze for CSM7! Hear the bears roar!

First post
Author
Snowflake Tem
The Order of Symbolic Measures
#801 - 2012-03-19 12:21:16 UTC
Kai Tel wrote:


Doesn't matter. Your campaign for next year's elections is off to a good start Snowflake. I'll be watching.


I can only speak for my interests and could not in good conscious sign an NDA, because investing in what I think is coming next is a huge part of what I enjoy in this game. That is why good listeners are hugely valuable on the CSM.
Taiwanistan
#802 - 2012-03-19 13:57:13 UTC
Elanor Vega wrote:
I really hope that you get a CSM chair Issler.
We must give a chance to every part of EVE.

just say it, you love emoting

TA on wis: "when we have a feature that is its own functional ecosystem of gameplay then hooks into the greater ecosystem of EVE as a whole, and it provides good replayability."

Issler Dainze
Tadakastu-Obata Corporation
The Honda Accord
#803 - 2012-03-19 19:06:34 UTC
So there still is time to spread the word! For the miners of Eve to get a voice in the CSM they need to spread the word out in the 'verse! Miners mine out in space, in the belts, not in the forums!

So tell a friend to vote, get that friend to tell another friend. They say we can't come together when we need to, I say we can!

Miners Unite!

Miners Rock!

Miners can Rock the Vote!

Miners can be part of the CSM 7!

Vote Today!

Issler Dainze
The Miner's Friend
CSM 7 Candidate
Weaselior
GoonWaffe
Goonswarm Federation
#804 - 2012-03-19 19:41:51 UTC
i say you can't

betcha i win

Head of the Goonswarm Economic Warfare Cabal Pubbie Management and Exploitation Division.

Barnabas O'Malley
State War Academy
Caldari State
#805 - 2012-03-19 22:36:42 UTC
This CSM convinced CCP to address the massive botting in the drone regions which has crashed mineral prices. They've done a very good job representing miner interests. I explained this to you in direct answer to your question in this thread. So I'll say it again. I was a highsec hulk pilot a few years ago because it was a way to make descent isk/hour while doing other RL stuff. The market crashed so hard because of botting that it stopped being viable even in an afk capacity. This CSM understood that and acted.

I'm a member of the demographic you keep addressing with talking points like "miners unite" and I'm telling you that it in no way represents us or our interests. I support Mittens and a lot of the other block candidates because they really do understand highsec industry better than you.

You went back to the same meaningless rhetoric after literally posting a thread a few days ago asking for reasons why non-block voters back block candidates. You were answered by myself and others. Furthermore, a lot of the goons were actually asking you questions and giving you feedback which could have strengthened your campaign. Some of the most gentle trolling I've ever seen the goons do was in this thread. Enough with these talking points and haughty anti-nullsec sentiment.
Issler Dainze
Tadakastu-Obata Corporation
The Honda Accord
#806 - 2012-03-19 22:51:34 UTC
Barnabas O'Malley wrote:
This CSM convinced CCP to address the massive botting in the drone regions which has crashed mineral prices. They've done a very good job representing miner interests. I explained this to you in direct answer to your question in this thread. So I'll say it again. I was a highsec hulk pilot a few years ago because it was a way to make descent isk/hour while doing other RL stuff. The market crashed so hard because of botting that it stopped being viable even in an afk capacity. This CSM understood that and acted.

I'm a member of the demographic you keep addressing with talking points like "miners unite" and I'm telling you that it in no way represents us or our interests. I support Mittens and a lot of the other block candidates because they really do understand highsec industry better than you.

You went back to the same meaningless rhetoric after literally posting a thread a few days ago asking for reasons why non-block voters back block candidates. You were answered by myself and others. Furthermore, a lot of the goons were actually asking you questions and giving you feedback which could have strengthened your campaign. Some of the most gentle trolling I've ever seen the goons do was in this thread. Enough with these talking points and haughty anti-nullsec sentiment.


A hulk owner that supports the folks that like to explode his hulk for giggles that says I don't understand high sec miners.

Mining is more than isks/hour. It can be made much better in terms of fun per hour. No one in the CSM 6 did anything to expand the mining experience. And to claim that CSM 6 somehow get more interest on the part of CCP to counter botting is simply insane.

NO high sec miner can really support Mittens unless they like the experience of being in their barges while the are exploded by griefers.

I am not anti-null, I am anti-null exclusive focus, all of Eve needs to have balanced attention from CCP. That hasn't been the case for some time.

But thanks for posting, I enjoy the goon and goon alt bumps.

Issler Dainze
The Miner's Friend
CSM 7 Candidate
Vordak Kallager
Pator Tech School
Minmatar Republic
#807 - 2012-03-19 23:01:20 UTC
Issler Dainze wrote:
Barnabas O'Malley wrote:
This CSM convinced CCP to address the massive botting in the drone regions which has crashed mineral prices. They've done a very good job representing miner interests. I explained this to you in direct answer to your question in this thread. So I'll say it again. I was a highsec hulk pilot a few years ago because it was a way to make descent isk/hour while doing other RL stuff. The market crashed so hard because of botting that it stopped being viable even in an afk capacity. This CSM understood that and acted.

I'm a member of the demographic you keep addressing with talking points like "miners unite" and I'm telling you that it in no way represents us or our interests. I support Mittens and a lot of the other block candidates because they really do understand highsec industry better than you.

You went back to the same meaningless rhetoric after literally posting a thread a few days ago asking for reasons why non-block voters back block candidates. You were answered by myself and others. Furthermore, a lot of the goons were actually asking you questions and giving you feedback which could have strengthened your campaign. Some of the most gentle trolling I've ever seen the goons do was in this thread. Enough with these talking points and haughty anti-nullsec sentiment.


A hulk owner that supports the folks that like to explode his hulk for giggles that says I don't understand high sec miners.

Mining is more than isks/hour. It can be made much better in terms of fun per hour. No one in the CSM 6 did anything to expand the mining experience. And to claim that CSM 6 somehow get more interest on the part of CCP to counter botting is simply insane.

NO high sec miner can really support Mittens unless they like the experience of being in their barges while the are exploded by griefers.

I am not anti-null, I am anti-null exclusive focus, all of Eve needs to have balanced attention from CCP. That hasn't been the case for some time.

But thanks for posting, I enjoy the goon and goon alt bumps.

Issler Dainze
The Miner's Friend
CSM 7 Candidate


tl;dr - ignore opinion of demographic I'm trying to get support from, make broad assumptions that people think the same way I do and if they don't they are dumb, call fellow miner a goon alt.

I don't know why Goons bother to troll you when you wreck your campaign yourself! Bear (Oh right, because it is hilarious.)

Sa souvraya niende misain ye.

Issler Dainze
Tadakastu-Obata Corporation
The Honda Accord
#808 - 2012-03-19 23:16:51 UTC
Vordak Kallager wrote:
Issler Dainze wrote:
Barnabas O'Malley wrote:
This CSM convinced CCP to address the massive botting in the drone regions which has crashed mineral prices. They've done a very good job representing miner interests. I explained this to you in direct answer to your question in this thread. So I'll say it again. I was a highsec hulk pilot a few years ago because it was a way to make descent isk/hour while doing other RL stuff. The market crashed so hard because of botting that it stopped being viable even in an afk capacity. This CSM understood that and acted.

I'm a member of the demographic you keep addressing with talking points like "miners unite" and I'm telling you that it in no way represents us or our interests. I support Mittens and a lot of the other block candidates because they really do understand highsec industry better than you.

You went back to the same meaningless rhetoric after literally posting a thread a few days ago asking for reasons why non-block voters back block candidates. You were answered by myself and others. Furthermore, a lot of the goons were actually asking you questions and giving you feedback which could have strengthened your campaign. Some of the most gentle trolling I've ever seen the goons do was in this thread. Enough with these talking points and haughty anti-nullsec sentiment.


A hulk owner that supports the folks that like to explode his hulk for giggles that says I don't understand high sec miners.

Mining is more than isks/hour. It can be made much better in terms of fun per hour. No one in the CSM 6 did anything to expand the mining experience. And to claim that CSM 6 somehow get more interest on the part of CCP to counter botting is simply insane.

NO high sec miner can really support Mittens unless they like the experience of being in their barges while the are exploded by griefers.

I am not anti-null, I am anti-null exclusive focus, all of Eve needs to have balanced attention from CCP. That hasn't been the case for some time.

But thanks for posting, I enjoy the goon and goon alt bumps.

Issler Dainze
The Miner's Friend
CSM 7 Candidate


tl;dr - ignore opinion of demographic I'm trying to get support from, make broad assumptions that people think the same way I do and if they don't they are dumb, call fellow miner a goon alt.

I don't know why Goons bother to troll you when you wreck your campaign yourself! Bear (Oh right, because it is hilarious.)


My demographic is not represented by the quoted poster, that is my point. My demographic most definitely are not supporters of the folks that enjoy ganking them while they mine in their barges.

Issler Dainze
The Miner's Friend
CSM 7 Candidate
Issler Dainze
Tadakastu-Obata Corporation
The Honda Accord
#809 - 2012-03-19 23:18:49 UTC
Vordak Kallager wrote:
Issler Dainze wrote:
Barnabas O'Malley wrote:
This CSM convinced CCP to address the massive botting in the drone regions which has crashed mineral prices. They've done a very good job representing miner interests. I explained this to you in direct answer to your question in this thread. So I'll say it again. I was a highsec hulk pilot a few years ago because it was a way to make descent isk/hour while doing other RL stuff. The market crashed so hard because of botting that it stopped being viable even in an afk capacity. This CSM understood that and acted.

I'm a member of the demographic you keep addressing with talking points like "miners unite" and I'm telling you that it in no way represents us or our interests. I support Mittens and a lot of the other block candidates because they really do understand highsec industry better than you.

You went back to the same meaningless rhetoric after literally posting a thread a few days ago asking for reasons why non-block voters back block candidates. You were answered by myself and others. Furthermore, a lot of the goons were actually asking you questions and giving you feedback which could have strengthened your campaign. Some of the most gentle trolling I've ever seen the goons do was in this thread. Enough with these talking points and haughty anti-nullsec sentiment.


A hulk owner that supports the folks that like to explode his hulk for giggles that says I don't understand high sec miners.

Mining is more than isks/hour. It can be made much better in terms of fun per hour. No one in the CSM 6 did anything to expand the mining experience. And to claim that CSM 6 somehow get more interest on the part of CCP to counter botting is simply insane.

NO high sec miner can really support Mittens unless they like the experience of being in their barges while the are exploded by griefers.

I am not anti-null, I am anti-null exclusive focus, all of Eve needs to have balanced attention from CCP. That hasn't been the case for some time.

But thanks for posting, I enjoy the goon and goon alt bumps.

Issler Dainze
The Miner's Friend
CSM 7 Candidate


tl;dr - ignore opinion of demographic I'm trying to get support from, make broad assumptions that people think the same way I do and if they don't they are dumb, call fellow miner a goon alt.

I don't know why Goons bother to troll you when you wreck your campaign yourself! Bear (Oh right, because it is hilarious.)


I must be doing something right if even the Blitzeners are now attacking me in my campaign thread. I just want to point out I have NOT attacked Hans in his thread, or any other candidate in their campaign threads.

Issler Dainze
The Miner's Friend
CSM 7 Candidate
Weaselior
GoonWaffe
Goonswarm Federation
#810 - 2012-03-19 23:30:42 UTC
"i must be doing something right if everyone agrees i am an idiot" - the idiot's creedo

Head of the Goonswarm Economic Warfare Cabal Pubbie Management and Exploitation Division.

Karl Hobb
Imperial Margarine
#811 - 2012-03-19 23:32:23 UTC
Issler Dainze wrote:
My demographic is not represented by the quoted poster, that is my point. My demographic most definitely are not supporters of the folks that enjoy ganking them while they mine in their barges.

Not like you're going to answer, but please tell me how **** exploding is somehow harmful to the industrial profession? The more **** blows up, the more there is to make and sell. Honestly, the mining profession simply CANNOT exist within EVE without **** blowing up. Do you think everyone should only have to buy one Hulk and then call it good?

A professional astro-bastard was not available so they sent me.

Barnabas O'Malley
State War Academy
Caldari State
#812 - 2012-03-19 23:53:44 UTC
Issler Dainze wrote:
A hulk owner that supports the folks that like to explode his hulk for giggles that says I don't understand high sec miners.
Yep, that's right. Hulks exploding is good for business because it reduces the amount of people mining and jacks up mineral prices. A lot of people who get suicide ganked have no one but themselves to blame.

Issler Dainze wrote:
Mining is more than isks/hour. It can be made much better in terms of fun per hour. No one in the CSM 6 did anything to expand the mining experience. And to claim that CSM 6 somehow get more interest on the part of CCP to counter botting is simply insane.
Actually for most of us it isn't. Fun per hour is isk per hour to most miners. The CSM 6 got CCP to make changes in order to combat the effect botting in the drone regions was having on mineral prices. Removing the ability for RMT companies to destroy mineral prices is greatly expanding the mining experience. This botting has been going on for years and other CSMs, for whatever reason, were unable to get CCP to act. Mittens and co deserve some credit for this.

Also, Mittens is capable of giving CCP some bad PR. I'm not lauding him as eve's Machiavelli, I'm saying that he has more influence in gaming media than you(and most of the other candidates). But more importantly, he helped get the CSM to present a more united front on relevant issues. Such as communication between members during meetings with CCP, etc.

Issler Dainze wrote:
NO high sec miner can really support Mittens unless they like the experience of being in their barges while the are exploded by griefers.
I do, because anyone who takes the right precautions can substantially reduce their risks. I mined during some periods where Jihadswarm was very active. Mining was more fun when I planned in case goons or other players showed up to kill me. In fact, I used to watch Jihadswarm youtube videos while mining. I can laugh at something that might screw me ingame. In fact it really makes me enjoy this game and as a result, life.

Issler Dainze wrote:
I am not anti-null, I am anti-null exclusive focus, all of Eve needs to have balanced attention from CCP. That hasn't been the case for some time.
You're flat out misrepresenting what the CSM has done this past year. The botting issue is an example something that greatly benefits highsec players. They've also done a number of things with the UI. Even if other CSMs discussed these changes, this CSM actually convinced CCP to implement them. Everything this CSM has done is a matter of public record.

Nullsec at the moment has some major problems and it deserves to be addressed more heavily than many issues in high sec. A team of five people working on WiS is more than enough for example.

Issler Dainze wrote:
But thanks for posting, I enjoy the goon and goon alt bumps.
I'm not a goon, but keep telling yourself that. Keep telling yourself that it's just goons flaming you instead of a fundamental rejection of your vague platform by many of the people you claim to represent.
Weaselior
GoonWaffe
Goonswarm Federation
#813 - 2012-03-20 00:07:22 UTC
You know Barnabas, if you ever get bored of mining you should make a catalyst alt, and use your mining orca to stage some destroyers in your mining system, then systematically eliminate your competition. You can even do it while you're still mining and if you salvage your kills you'll turn a nice profit.

Head of the Goonswarm Economic Warfare Cabal Pubbie Management and Exploitation Division.

Issler Dainze
Tadakastu-Obata Corporation
The Honda Accord
#814 - 2012-03-20 00:14:16 UTC
Karl Hobb wrote:
Issler Dainze wrote:
My demographic is not represented by the quoted poster, that is my point. My demographic most definitely are not supporters of the folks that enjoy ganking them while they mine in their barges.

Not like you're going to answer, but please tell me how **** exploding is somehow harmful to the industrial profession? The more **** blows up, the more there is to make and sell. Honestly, the mining profession simply CANNOT exist within EVE without **** blowing up. Do you think everyone should only have to buy one Hulk and then call it good?


I certainly understand Eve is all about risk vs. reward and being at risk is part of Eve. Problem is barge ganking is a perfect example of risk/reward being out of whack. If I can spend 6 mil to kill a 100 mil barge with virtually no consequence to myself that seems a little out of balance.

Industrialist need ship losses in Eve to fuel the furnaces of industry. I support that, but sometime risk/reward in Eve is gets out of whack.


Issler Dainze
The Miner's Friend
CSM 7 Candidate
Weaselior
GoonWaffe
Goonswarm Federation
#815 - 2012-03-20 00:21:26 UTC
you can defeat destroyer ganking with a relatively small number of brain cells

for issler though, those are in short supply: best nerf the catalyst instead

Head of the Goonswarm Economic Warfare Cabal Pubbie Management and Exploitation Division.

Josef Huffenpuff
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#816 - 2012-03-20 00:30:00 UTC
Issler Dainze wrote:
My demographic is not represented by the quoted poster, that is my point. My demographic most definitely are not supporters of the folks that enjoy ganking them while they mine in their barges.


I'm sorry Issler - I'm confused here. I don't see "your demographic" posting here in support - unless you call Flying Doom and Xenuria "support". I strongly suspect that "your demographic" is nowhere near as big as you think it is.

And please don't keep calling us goon alts just because we don't support you. You've actually had some pretty good advice from Goonswarm and Goonwaffe members here about how to focus your campaign on a subject, appeal to a greater number of people and actually have some chance of success if you try again next year.

I'm an industrial toon. I think Industry and mining in Eve is completely borked. I think that in a perfect world WiS would be a great feature with gameplay that lets us actually do something other than walk around an empty room or go to a virtual bar where I can pretend to buy drinks and /emote at other players.

But you don't offer anything in your platform this year that would make me even vaguely think about voting for you. If you're serious about being on the CSM - you have to change that.


Now, can I get back to trolling on my shiptoasting alt please.
Karl Hobb
Imperial Margarine
#817 - 2012-03-20 00:30:10 UTC
Weaselior wrote:
you can defeat destroyer ganking with a relatively small number of brain cells

for issler though, those are in short supply: best nerf the catalyst instead

Seems Issler's constituents are part of the AFK crowd.

Thanks for the answer, Issler.

A professional astro-bastard was not available so they sent me.

Issler Dainze
Tadakastu-Obata Corporation
The Honda Accord
#818 - 2012-03-20 00:31:38 UTC
Weaselior wrote:
you can defeat destroyer ganking with a relatively small number of brain cells

for issler though, those are in short supply: best nerf the catalyst instead



Weasellor <--- in favor of nerfing destroyers!!!!

Come on, you are really running out of stream lately, your earlier trolls were so much more substantial!

Issler Dainze
The Miner's Friend
CSM 7 Candidate
Issler Dainze
Tadakastu-Obata Corporation
The Honda Accord
#819 - 2012-03-20 00:37:32 UTC
Josef Huffenpuff wrote:
Issler Dainze wrote:
My demographic is not represented by the quoted poster, that is my point. My demographic most definitely are not supporters of the folks that enjoy ganking them while they mine in their barges.


I'm sorry Issler - I'm confused here. I don't see "your demographic" posting here in support - unless you call Flying Doom and Xenuria "support". I strongly suspect that "your demographic" is nowhere near as big as you think it is.

And please don't keep calling us goon alts just because we don't support you. You've actually had some pretty good advice from Goonswarm and Goonwaffe members here about how to focus your campaign on a subject, appeal to a greater number of people and actually have some chance of success if you try again next year.

I'm an industrial toon. I think Industry and mining in Eve is completely borked. I think that in a perfect world WiS would be a great feature with gameplay that lets us actually do something other than walk around an empty room or go to a virtual bar where I can pretend to buy drinks and /emote at other players.

But you don't offer anything in your platform this year that would make me even vaguely think about voting for you. If you're serious about being on the CSM - you have to change that.


Now, can I get back to trolling on my shiptoasting alt please.



Feel free to go through all 40 pages of this thread counting everyone and show me just how few supporters I really have! That would sure show me what for! We won't know anything about my demographic till the results are out.

But thanks for your insight about how much great advice the goons have given me.... they truly have been so supportive in making me successful....

This isn't about me, its about the message and the goons and friends never seem to want to talk about that.

Mining has been ignored. More folks mine than any other activity. Isn't it time the miners of Eve got some love from CCP?

If you want to talk about that we can have a conversation.

Issler Dainze
The Miner's Friend
CSM 7 Candidate
Johnny Marzetti
Imperial Shipment
Amarr Empire
#820 - 2012-03-20 01:05:48 UTC
Issler Dainze wrote:

This isn't about me, its about the message and the goons and friends never seem to want to talk about that.

Mining has been ignored. More folks mine than any other activity. Isn't it time the miners of Eve got some love from CCP?

If you want to talk about that we can have a conversation.

Issler Dainze
The Miner's Friend
CSM 7 Candidate


Okay, let's leave "goons and friends" out of this for a moment. Why would a miner vote for you instead of, say, Seleene?