These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
 

Corp forum deployment feedback thread

First post
Author
CCP Guard
C C P
C C P Alliance
#21 - 2012-03-08 19:03:26 UTC
Ugleb wrote:
Bit of a funny one, I'm happy to see that this is happening, but I'm not activating corp forums on EVE-Gate as we already have an external board. I don't want to split communications or clutter up everyone's forum view with a disused section.

So, please don't mistake non-use for disinterest in the feature!

I would like to see EVE Gate corp forums be given a public section somehow, maybe accessed by viewing the corp's profile?


We completely understand why established organizations might choose to stick with what they've built. Being a bit of a creature of habit I relate 100%.

That's one of the reasons why we didn't make the corp forums automatically activate for everyone. Options are really fashionable these days it seems :)

CCP Guard | EVE Community Developer | @CCP_Guard

Serge Bastana
GWA Corp
#22 - 2012-03-08 19:56:32 UTC
I just created ours and it worked fine then promptly vanished completely, I've tried using the Create link again but no joy, the corp forum for GWA has gone. Bit of a bug there unless you suddenly deactivated that feature just now for some reason.

WoW holds your hand until end game, and gives you a cookie whether you win or lose. EVE not only takes your cookie, but laughs at you for bringing one in the first place...

CCP Guard
C C P
C C P Alliance
#23 - 2012-03-08 20:11:54 UTC
Serge Bastana wrote:
I just created ours and it worked fine then promptly vanished completely, I've tried using the Create link again but no joy, the corp forum for GWA has gone. Bit of a bug there unless you suddenly deactivated that feature just now for some reason.


This will be looked into tomorrow at the latest. Thanks for letting us know!

CCP Guard | EVE Community Developer | @CCP_Guard

Helena Russell Makanen
DRRUSSEL
#24 - 2012-03-08 20:39:14 UTC
I am sorry, I appreciate the corp forum addition, but how this was and is being carried out smacks of the bad old CCP's way of doing things.

Jan 31st - corp forums announced going live on Feb 8th.

Feb 8th - no forums, and only after people kept asking was a last second 'sorry it's delayed but we will be sure to keep you updated' post made.

Then despite people asking often for updates or info, NOTHING. Nothing for 4 WEEKS.

March 6th - statement they are finally ready to go live on March 8th.

March 8th - CCP says it will only work for corps of 10 or more for now, something that was NEVER stated before.

I think the idea of the forums is great, but the horrible communication (and lack of communication for an entire month) really bothers me. It's rude.

"If a miner needs to go to the bathroom, for instance, I ask that they dock up first, or at the very least ask the Supreme Protector for permission to go."  -  James 315 - aka - the miner bumper

ivar R'dhak
Deus est Mechanicus
#25 - 2012-03-08 21:11:27 UTC
10 is way too much.
Isn´t the whole point of the thing to make communication for small corps easier?

Make it at least 5, or people will just create useless trial accounts to get over this arbitrary number. Roll
Salpun
Global Telstar Federation Offices
Masters of Flying Objects
#26 - 2012-03-08 21:44:09 UTC  |  Edited by: Salpun
Ceo created forumsSmile
Corp name did not show in indexWhat?
Did a search for is nameCool
Found his postTwisted
Thread not showing in Corp thread or In general forum index pageCry
These need more work Twisted

Edit

Waited 10 min

O there it is Big smile

If i dont know something about EVE. I check https://wiki.eveonline.com/en/wiki/ISK_The_Guide

See you around the universe.

Serge Bastana
GWA Corp
#27 - 2012-03-08 22:18:43 UTC
CCP Guard wrote:
Serge Bastana wrote:
I just created ours and it worked fine then promptly vanished completely, I've tried using the Create link again but no joy, the corp forum for GWA has gone. Bit of a bug there unless you suddenly deactivated that feature just now for some reason.


This will be looked into tomorrow at the latest. Thanks for letting us know!


I just checked after reading the most recent post about waiting 10 minutes for posts to appear and our forums have reappeared. Did they cloak up?

WoW holds your hand until end game, and gives you a cookie whether you win or lose. EVE not only takes your cookie, but laughs at you for bringing one in the first place...

Gogela
Krigmakt Elite
Safety.
#28 - 2012-03-08 22:37:44 UTC  |  Edited by: Gogela
Serge Bastana wrote:
CCP Guard wrote:
Serge Bastana wrote:
I just created ours and it worked fine then promptly vanished completely, I've tried using the Create link again but no joy, the corp forum for GWA has gone. Bit of a bug there unless you suddenly deactivated that feature just now for some reason.


This will be looked into tomorrow at the latest. Thanks for letting us know!


I just checked after reading the most recent post about waiting 10 minutes for posts to appear and our forums have reappeared. Did they cloak up?

Same. Created Forum and it did show up with Freeport Exploration Corp Forums on the main forums page when when I click to add a post it I get a redirect to "Eve Information Center" - "Eve Information Portal"

Edit - Gave it a few minutes appears to be working just fine now.

Signatures should be used responsibly...

Gempei
Marvinovi pratele
Dracarys.
#29 - 2012-03-08 22:41:41 UTC
Cant create sub forums in "General Discussion" SadEvil
Serge Bastana
GWA Corp
#30 - 2012-03-08 23:41:24 UTC
Gempei wrote:
Cant create sub forums in "General Discussion" SadEvil


This would be of great use if we could

WoW holds your hand until end game, and gives you a cookie whether you win or lose. EVE not only takes your cookie, but laughs at you for bringing one in the first place...

Hiram Alexander
State Reprisal
#31 - 2012-03-09 03:26:53 UTC
So, is there some internal fear at CCP HQ, that 2-man Corps will suddenly start posting like crazy instead of using chat, and somehow 'accidentally' the whole system...?

Arbitrary limits like this are just silly.
malaire
#32 - 2012-03-09 09:36:13 UTC
CCP Guard wrote:
Note that right now only corps of 10 or more can activate corp forums while we're making sure everything is working as intended. This is a number that can be changed later.

Would you consider it exploit if someone creates a service of "I'll join your corp with my X alts for a fee, so you can activate corp forums, and then I leave." ?

New to EVE? Don't forget to read: The Manual * The Wiki * The Career Options * and everything else

Tallian Saotome
Nuclear Arms Exchange Inc.
#33 - 2012-03-09 10:02:31 UTC
If you are having issues, they seem easy to clear up with a hard refresh, or clearing your browser cache.

Inappropriate signature removed, CCP Phantom.

Gempei
Marvinovi pratele
Dracarys.
#34 - 2012-03-09 10:15:55 UTC
Deleting threads work not properly. Thread is after few hours tagget as "deleted" but still visible.
Blatant Forum Alt
Doomheim
#35 - 2012-03-09 10:32:00 UTC
10 people is not a corp. Thats a few mates trolling high sec noobs. They dont need forums, thats just a bigger expense dumped in ccps lap.
CCP Guard
C C P
C C P Alliance
#36 - 2012-03-09 14:43:30 UTC
Gempei wrote:
Deleting threads work not properly. Thread is after few hours tagget as "deleted" but still visible.


Is it visible to people who do not have moderation roles?

CCP Guard | EVE Community Developer | @CCP_Guard

Ordais
DARK ORCHESTRA
#37 - 2012-03-09 15:02:30 UTC
I know it's the first step, but we really need 2 things:

- create subforums
- invite non-directors to the directors-board, as often ppl are involved in communications but don't have director-roles.

Thx
Gempei
Marvinovi pratele
Dracarys.
#38 - 2012-03-09 15:36:08 UTC  |  Edited by: Gempei
CCP Guard wrote:
Gempei wrote:
Deleting threads work not properly. Thread is after few hours tagget as "deleted" but still visible.


Is it visible to people who do not have moderation roles?

No, visible only for directors and CEO.

edit: screen1 and screen2
CCP Guard
C C P
C C P Alliance
#39 - 2012-03-09 16:30:10 UTC
[quote=Ordais]I know it's the first step, but we really need 2 things

- create subforum
- invite non-directors to the directors-board, as often ppl are involved in communications but don't have director-roles

Thx[/quote

We will probably add more options later but we're purposefully starting with a relatively simple structure that should still be useful to most

P.s. The CCP corp forums have a lot of blue bars :

CCP Guard | EVE Community Developer | @CCP_Guard

CCP Guard
C C P
C C P Alliance
#40 - 2012-03-09 16:32:11 UTC
Gempei wrote:
CCP Guard wrote:
Gempei wrote:
Deleting threads work not properly. Thread is after few hours tagget as "deleted" but still visible.


Is it visible to people who do not have moderation roles?

No, visible only for directors and CEO.

edit: screen1 and screen2


This is actually how our moderation tools work right now and you guys have access to the same tools basically, just with modified roles so that you only have access to some features and only on your own corp forums of course.

Yes, even when we delete bad posts...we still see them Sad

CCP Guard | EVE Community Developer | @CCP_Guard