These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Out of Pod Experience

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
 

Any EvE players in Mortal Online?

Author
arcca jeth
Dark Alliance
#1 - 2012-03-07 20:49:41 UTC
I was doing research for a new sandbox MMO to check out and stumbled across Mortal Online. It reminds me of what a fantasy MMO would be like if CCP ever made one. I am pretty impressed so far and have been seriously addicted. What I like about it is it is a harsh world, requires intelligence, time, patience and there is a huge amount of risk involved. signed up for a 14 day trial and purchased the game the next day. Funny thing is, the game has been out quite awhile and I have never even heard of it. I stumbled on it by chance and I am blown away.

Anyhow, if you play Mortal Online, I have the same character name there as i do here. Send me a message here if you want to chat there.

*please note this is not an I quit thread Blink*

illirdor
Upper Class Goat
#2 - 2012-03-07 20:52:00 UTC
sorry but MO is not what a fantasy mmo would be like if ccp made one its a big steaming pile of junk...

Soooo this is my sig.... 

arcca jeth
Dark Alliance
#3 - 2012-03-07 21:19:02 UTC
well i guess you are an expert on the matter, me however, I love it and thinks it's awesome. to each their own
Petrus Blackshell
Rifterlings
#4 - 2012-03-07 21:19:29 UTC
OOPE is that-a way -->

Accidentally The Whole Frigate - For-newbies blog (currently on pause)

arcca jeth
Dark Alliance
#5 - 2012-03-07 21:22:19 UTC
wth is OOPE?
THE L0CK
Denying You Access
#6 - 2012-03-07 21:26:13 UTC
arcca jeth wrote:
wth is OOPE?



Out of Pod Experience - This forum is used to talk about anything not related to Eve.

Do you smell what the Lock's cooking?

Micheal Dietrich
Kings Gambit Black
#7 - 2012-03-07 21:27:37 UTC
arcca jeth wrote:
wth is OOPE?



Subforum 2 down from GD that is ruled by me.

Out of Pod is getting In the Pod - Join in game channel **IG OOPE **

arcca jeth
Dark Alliance
#8 - 2012-03-07 22:04:17 UTC
doh, maybe a mod can move it for me then, my bad Sad
Abyss Azizora
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#9 - 2012-03-08 14:10:53 UTC
Played it ages ago when it was still beta with a large group of friends, the game is a horrible mess coding by some of the most incompetent developers on this earth. With that said, it is an awesome premise, and I did enjoy it for a month or so, most of the time.

Be warned that it is one of the most easily hacked mmos around, as it is built on the unreal engine, and has virtually no hack protection with it being 99% client side. (They do have a very primitive speed hack check that is easily circumvented.) Don't be surprised to see a lot of people teleport to you, and entire flocks (I kid you not.) of people flying around.
Victor Valka
Insterstellar Mining and Manufacturing
#10 - 2012-03-08 15:55:03 UTC
arcca jeth wrote:
I am pretty impressed so far and have been seriously addicted. What I like about it is it is a harsh world, requires intelligence, time, patience and there is a huge amount of risk involved.
You should start a business or something. Roll
arcca jeth
Dark Alliance
#11 - 2012-03-09 15:47:19 UTC
Abyss Azizora wrote:
Played it ages ago when it was still beta with a large group of friends, the game is a horrible mess coding by some of the most incompetent developers on this earth. With that said, it is an awesome premise, and I did enjoy it for a month or so, most of the time.

Be warned that it is one of the most easily hacked mmos around, as it is built on the unreal engine, and has virtually no hack protection with it being 99% client side. (They do have a very primitive speed hack check that is easily circumvented.) Don't be surprised to see a lot of people teleport to you, and entire flocks (I kid you not.) of people flying around.


well you played "ages ago while it was still in beta" and then you use "is" instead of "was" because you haven't played it in years. And beta games are usually in bad shape so I don't get your point here. I'm playing it now and there hasn't been anything that I've noticed that is gamebreaking or promoting cheating. as with all games, they encounter security breaches and hackers and the like, and when they do, they fix it, which they have. their 2nd expansion is next month. since you haven't played since beta, you should probably check it out. their player base is seeing a lot of return customers and new players.
arcca jeth
Dark Alliance
#12 - 2012-03-09 15:48:38 UTC
Victor Valka wrote:
arcca jeth wrote:
I am pretty impressed so far and have been seriously addicted. What I like about it is it is a harsh world, requires intelligence, time, patience and there is a huge amount of risk involved.
You should start a business or something. Roll


who says i haven't? Roll troll on brother, troll on. now how about you go add some useless comments in some more threads!
Abyss Azizora
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#13 - 2012-03-09 16:10:59 UTC
arcca jeth wrote:
Abyss Azizora wrote:
Played it ages ago when it was still beta with a large group of friends, the game is a horrible mess coding by some of the most incompetent developers on this earth. With that said, it is an awesome premise, and I did enjoy it for a month or so, most of the time.

Be warned that it is one of the most easily hacked mmos around, as it is built on the unreal engine, and has virtually no hack protection with it being 99% client side. (They do have a very primitive speed hack check that is easily circumvented.) Don't be surprised to see a lot of people teleport to you, and entire flocks (I kid you not.) of people flying around.


well you played "ages ago while it was still in beta" and then you use "is" instead of "was" because you haven't played it in years. And beta games are usually in bad shape so I don't get your point here. I'm playing it now and there hasn't been anything that I've noticed that is gamebreaking or promoting cheating. as with all games, they encounter security breaches and hackers and the like, and when they do, they fix it, which they have. their 2nd expansion is next month. since you haven't played since beta, you should probably check it out. their player base is seeing a lot of return customers and new players.


Sorry, I should have worded that better. While I did primarily play it in beta, I have come back to try it a few times since via their free trial promotions. I saw little in the way of improvements, (They did add spiders at least.) Granted I'll admit my last play time was a fair while ago now, 5 months or so.

If they still have a trial, I may take another look. (So long as they also did away with that GODAWFUL peer-to-peer downloader for the client that took 50x longer than it should have to get the client + updates.

Still I think what made it so fun for me the first time and allowed me to overlook horrible bugs, was all my friends playing it with me, doubt they would have any interest in returning.