These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Jita Park Speakers Corner

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
 

Re-Elect Trebor Daehdoow to the CSM

First post
Author
Trebor Daehdoow
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#41 - 2012-02-12 22:19:37 UTC
Shazzam Vokanavom wrote:
Then I would expect as a member of the CSM and responsible for editing of the contributed minutes that you would best represent the interests of the members by being conscientiousness enough to follow up these issues? Surely that would be the less than amateur thing to do about this?

I did, multiple times - in advance of the summits. As I pointed out in the thread, multiple times. I even brought a Joby Gorillapod to the summits so that if an additional camera was available, it could be mounted in a position that would give more complete coverage. I am sorry that the level of detail in the minutes was not acceptable to you, but I believe we did the best we could given the circumstances.

testobjekt wrote:
Will you support the removal of ABC ores from W-space to fix mining?

Your question presupposes that doing so would "fix" mining; at present, I have not been presented with a good argument that this is the case. When the ABC issue came up at a CSM summit, my position was that before anyone messed with minerals in WH's (or any other abundance issue), they'd better have good data that showed that it was significantly distorting the market -- ie: how much was mined, how much was exported, how much was imported (and broken down by class of wormhole).

While a case *might* be made that hi-sec "daytrippers" were distorting the market by mining in WH's that connect directly to K-space, I rather doubt that much ore is coming from indirectly connected WH's -- the logistics are just too much of a pain. But as of yet, CSM has not been shown any data that shows that there is a problem, and CCP has not indicated to us that this issue is likely to be addressed in the near future.

Malcanis wrote:
Trebor, during the Ice Interdiction campaign, you were pretty critical of what Goons were doing, but you never explained (where I saw it) exactly what you opposed or disliked about the campaign. Could you amplify on why you thought it was a bad thing?

I had no problem with it on a gameplay level; it certainly is considered acceptable behavior in EVE. I just thought it was distasteful, akin to drowning kittens for LOLs -- not something I personally would engage in.

Also, I was fueling a POS at the time, so it cost me money. Twisted

Private Citizen • CSM in recovery

DNSBLACK
Dirt Nap Squad
#42 - 2012-02-13 11:51:06 UTC
Working Hard for the blue collar player.
Courthouse
Perkone
Caldari State
#43 - 2012-02-13 14:04:57 UTC
Just wanted to stop by and say hi. I won't be making a point to dredge up all the ******** things you said in the past this year. Your contributions to CSM 6 were entirely inoffensive and given the current field I'd rather have you around than some of these other weirdos.
Tcar
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#44 - 2012-02-13 15:55:49 UTC  |  Edited by: Tcar
Bump.

Trebor for CSM
Darius III
Interstellar eXodus
Against ALL Authorities.
#45 - 2012-02-13 15:58:58 UTC
If you promise to have a big Sissy fit because you missed your big-boy nap again, I would maybe give you my vote....

Hmmm

Courthouse
Perkone
Caldari State
#46 - 2012-02-14 02:40:06 UTC
D3 should probably instruct bruck sqad to give all their votes to Trebor. The 50 accounts, counting alts, that are left aren't going to do him much good and Trebor's going to need all the support he can get since he won't have large bloc support.
Retar Aveymone
DJ's Retirement Fund
Goonswarm Federation
#47 - 2012-02-14 02:49:41 UTC
Courthouse wrote:
D3 should probably instruct bruck sqad to give all their votes to Trebor. The 50 accounts, counting alts, that are left aren't going to do him much good and Trebor's going to need all the support he can get since he won't have large bloc support.

d3 can't even get his friends to give him 100 likes when they can like him AND riverini

i don't think he's much of a powerbroker
Shazzam Vokanavom
Doomheim
#48 - 2012-02-14 04:09:41 UTC  |  Edited by: Shazzam Vokanavom
Trebor Daehdoow wrote:
Shazzam Vokanavom wrote:
Then I would expect as a member of the CSM and responsible for editing of the contributed minutes that you would best represent the interests of the members by being conscientiousness enough to follow up these issues? Surely that would be the less than amateur thing to do about this?

I did, multiple times - in advance of the summits. As I pointed out in the thread, multiple times. I even brought a Joby Gorillapod to the summits so that if an additional camera was available, it could be mounted in a position that would give more complete coverage. I am sorry that the level of detail in the minutes was not acceptable to you, but I believe we did the best we could given the circumstances.


To be honest prior to your revelation of who did the recordings I never made the assumed connection that CCP were responsible for them. I made an understanding from your points that they had supplied materials for use by the CSM.

So considering that you did every thing you could to try to improve camera coverage, even bringing an extra stand that didn't get used, are we saying that CCP are to some extent then letting you down in being able to better fulfill CSM duties due to lack of cameras?

(BTW: I sent an enquiry message to CCP Xhagen as you suggested, but have yet to get a responce on the subject.)

Did some quick research about possible alternative technical solutions to the multiple camera issue also and just as one example, thought you might find this interesting:

Sony Bloggie 360 Degree Video

Sony Page for 360

They have stands and other useful accesories etc.

Sure there might be other alterntive solutions for recording in 360 degree panoramic also.
Miso Souped
Doomheim
#49 - 2012-02-14 06:21:24 UTC
Darius III wrote:
If you promise to have a big Sissy fit because you missed your big-boy nap again, I would maybe give you my vote....


Do all the CSM's disrespect each other like this??

Di Mulle
#50 - 2012-02-14 08:48:17 UTC
+1.

The only bad thing about Trebor is that he will be taking my vote off some other worthy candidates.
<<Insert some waste of screen space here>>
Trebor Daehdoow
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#51 - 2012-02-14 16:11:37 UTC
Shazzam Vokanavom wrote:
So considering that you did every thing you could to try to improve camera coverage, even bringing an extra stand that didn't get used, are we saying that CCP are to some extent then letting you down in being able to better fulfill CSM duties due to lack of cameras?

Very rarely in this life do people "get it right" the first time. CSM session recording has continually evolved and improved, from audio-only (CSMs using their laptops -- which we were typing on at the time, which made the quality crappy!) through video (Xhagen's minicam). For future summits, there has been serious discussion of live-streaming the meetings so that CSMs who are not present can monitor and provide feedback through skype chat.

Resource allocation issues come into play here; given limited resources, it is quite possible for people to honestly disagree about where they should be applied.

For example, if you had to choose between a second camera in the room (better coverage for minutes) and live-streaming for non-present CSMs (possibly better discussions), which would you choose?

So my answer to your question would be that I don't feel let down, but do look forward to "iteration". Twisted

Private Citizen • CSM in recovery

Shazzam Vokanavom
Doomheim
#52 - 2012-02-14 16:36:38 UTC
Trebor Daehdoow wrote:
Shazzam Vokanavom wrote:
So considering that you did every thing you could to try to improve camera coverage, even bringing an extra stand that didn't get used, are we saying that CCP are to some extent then letting you down in being able to better fulfill CSM duties due to lack of cameras?

Very rarely in this life do people "get it right" the first time. CSM session recording has continually evolved and improved, from audio-only (CSMs using their laptops -- which we were typing on at the time, which made the quality crappy!) through video (Xhagen's minicam). For future summits, there has been serious discussion of live-streaming the meetings so that CSMs who are not present can monitor and provide feedback through skype chat.

Resource allocation issues come into play here; given limited resources, it is quite possible for people to honestly disagree about where they should be applied.

For example, if you had to choose between a second camera in the room (better coverage for minutes) and live-streaming for non-present CSMs (possibly better discussions), which would you choose?

So my answer to your question would be that I don't feel let down, but do look forward to "iteration". Twisted


Thats is a more encouraging perspective to helping to resolve issues of exactitude without having to make it overbearingly cumbersome to the process itself.
xHarx
Semper Iratus Omni Tempore
Goonswarm Federation
#53 - 2012-02-14 17:47:34 UTC
+1 Trebor for CSM
Darirol
Ministry of War
Amarr Empire
#54 - 2012-02-15 01:23:24 UTC
bump.
Alphea Abbra
Project Promethion
#55 - 2012-02-15 01:43:10 UTC
You seem very much like a level-headed and decent fellow. Good luck with your campaign. +1 important spaceship like from me (Though you don't need it to qualify).
OldMan Gana
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#56 - 2012-02-15 03:07:57 UTC  |  Edited by: OldMan Gana
Please consider voting for Trebor, out of all the current CSM's, he's the guy who akways posts updates and is good with communication. Not once have I read anywhere about Trebor getting involved in any eve related drama etc.
He doesn't have any axes to grind and he doesn't represent one of the big power blocs.
Give the guy your vote.
Oldman

Love United- Hate Glazer

Trebor Daehdoow
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#57 - 2012-02-15 16:10:56 UTC
OldMan Gana wrote:
Please consider voting for Trebor, out of all the current CSM's, he's the guy who akways posts updates and is good with communication. Not once have I read anywhere about Trebor getting involved in any eve related drama etc.
He doesn't have any axes to grind and he doesn't represent one of the big power blocs.
Give the guy your vote.
Oldman

Thanks, mom! Twisted

Private Citizen • CSM in recovery

Mintrolio
Doomheim
#58 - 2012-02-15 19:24:20 UTC
CONFRIMIGN I AM NEEDIGN TO MAKE A CLEER.

ALSO IN MINE BLOG I AM USE MANY PICTRES. SOM PICTRES HAFIGN TREBOR FACES.

ALSO THESE IS JUST BECOSE HE IS SO ACTIVE AND HAVE MANY PICTRE ON INTERWET UNLIKE MANY OTHRE CSM WHO SEAM TO BIEIGN INVISBEL.

USE TREBOR IS NOT INDCATIONS HE IS BAD - PERSONAL I WOLD HAFIGN HIM AGAN IN CSM.

KEEP UP GOOD POASTIGN
Grumpy Owly
Imperial Shipment
Amarr Empire
#59 - 2012-02-15 20:37:33 UTC
Trebor Daehdoow
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#60 - 2012-02-15 21:36:54 UTC
Mintrolio wrote:
CONFRIMIGN I AM NEEDIGN TO MAKE A CLEER.

In all honesty, I am not sure if this is an endorsement, a death threat, or both.

Grumpy Owly wrote:
Posting in the hope for a candidacy view on the following: Bounty Hunting

The Bounty Hunting idea has been discussed by CSM with CCP (both Malcanis' post and an earlier one by Ogopogo Mu. We are in general agreement that a revision to the current mechanics along these sort of lines is a good thing, and have encouraged CCP to consider it.

Just another example of your CSM Tax ISK at work... Twisted

Private Citizen • CSM in recovery