These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE Information Portal

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
 

EVE Online: Crucible 1.1 Issues

First post
Author
Callidus Dux
School of Applied Knowledge
Caldari State
#101 - 2012-01-25 07:19:58 UTC  |  Edited by: Callidus Dux
CCP please handle this crap-com as you have announced some month ago. Shiftable in the ESC-menue und name your neocom BETA!
In the meantime all others can use the neocom which they like und CCP can do their experiments with the new one and can drive all other players crazy if they wish.
CCP call this crap "Neocom" .. we in Germany would say: "ScheiƟdreck". Evil

ABSOLUTE FAIL!
AGAIN!

Where are the names of the buttons?
Why can I not name groups?
What is this with the useless chat icon?
...

Horrible!
Venkul Mul
Vikramaditya
#102 - 2012-01-25 07:33:53 UTC
Deheler wrote:
Syratus wrote:
Re: Decimal separators

While I could see how EVE using system defaults may be a good idea in some ways, I see two problems. One a problem, one a real bug:

a) Problem of course is just that people using an English client can't decide now to use the English notation. Many ppl pick the English client to be "compatible" to most other players. Maybe make it optional? As you made the language choice optional in the first place?

b) You used to be able to copy&paste numbers in market orders (setting up new ones, modifying current ones) - but it doesn't work now when using any value that has fractions of ISK. E.g., right now the client forces me to use the "comma" as fractions-of-ISK separator, and I can copy amounts from market orders to the clipboard. But I can not paste them back - probably because something checks for "make sure that only valid characters get pasted in here". Please fix that one, thanks!

It's worse than just being forced to use the comma. Since the patch the comma ',' button is the only button accepted as separator between Isk and Isk-cents, but it shows as a full stop period '.'
The full stop period button on the num-pad doesn't work at all, which is quite annoying when working the market. So for me, although the rest of the patch is great and working as it should, this is a loss of functionality I can do without.


Standard 101/102 keyboard on AMD athlon II X4 640 3,62GHz
WinXP 32bit SP3 English version set to use the Dutch numerical notation system.



Same problem here

Window Seven, Italian version, service pack 1
Keyboard set to the Italian version

Niko Lorenzio
United Eve Directorate
#103 - 2012-01-25 07:45:32 UTC
Niko Lorenzio wrote:
Bael Gar wrote:
After last server reboot I cannot online any structure at online Control tower!


Same. I was trying to online the tower when the reboot happened, so maybe thats what's causing it.

Tried re-log, tried emptying fuel, tried to offline the tower, cant, gives error message
"05:58:41 Notify The Dread Guristas Control Tower cannot be interrupted in that action."

Going to try petitioning it.


Got the reply, it happens if the POS onlining timer goes into downtime which happened because of the emergency reboot. You can either wait till downtime tomorrow to fix this or petition for them to remove/reimburse the POS.

The CSM XI Election are now open until March 25th, 2016. Consider Niko Lorenzio for CSM XI.

CSM matters, your voice matters, your vote matters!

Zerania Astrandur
Oris Enterprises
#104 - 2012-01-25 09:06:49 UTC
Blue Harrier wrote:
Seleia O'Sinnor wrote:
After hittin finalize for a recustomization of a character's photo the client froze in that last view, while the character was still moving, I could not click on any control. The menu was showing up after hittin escape. The new picture was saved though after restarting the client.

Had this happen while testing on SiSi, asked if anyone else had the problem in the Test Server forum but no-one answered so thought it was just a glitch at my end.

I experienced exactly the same problem, it happened every time I tried so far.
brammator
SUB ZERO.
#105 - 2012-01-25 09:21:07 UTC
After I hit "shift-ctrl-tab", which normally just minimize all windows, my local chat (not merged with any one window; also if I ever catch anyone in my alliance merging local with anything, I will kick that parody of pilot out of alliance) was gone. I saw it fleeing to "chat" neocom button, but other windows remain still, though. But somehow local chat was so scared, it won't get back by anything (clicking it under "chat" neocom button, shift-ctrl-tabbing again, asking loudly, petting the monitor, placing sugar where I want him to return, raging, begging etc etc)

And life in 0.0 without local chat is quite horrible.

I'm happy that client restart (after I managed to escape to safe place) helpd, but you know what? This bug alone places "new neocom" into euthanasia shortlist.

Also, don't know if it's new or old, but "#" column in manufacturing (invention, research etc etc) slot list contain 1s only. Yeah, we all like to be #1, har har. Having 20 "#1" lines, I dream about this my entire life.
Kaivaja
State War Academy
Caldari State
#106 - 2012-01-25 09:29:07 UTC
It's great that you can create new bookmarks directly in a subfolder of corp bookmarks. There seems to be a rather serious issue atm, though: if you do that, the newly created bookmarks may simply vanish after 5 mins. Vanish from every member of the corp.
Vera Algaert
Republic University
Minmatar Republic
#107 - 2012-01-25 09:29:29 UTC
Hitokiri 'ger wrote:
Well repair tool ran again but same thing:

"(7/7) Applying patch: Initializing ...
Restoring: bin\APEXFramework_x86.dll
Deleting downloaded temporary data
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "repairTool\progressPanel.pyc", line 83, in _TaskRun
File "repairTool\repairUI.pyc", line 97, in Start
File "repairTool\repairLogic.pyc", line 184, in Repair
File "repairTool\repairLogic.pyc", line 333, in Restore
File "zsync\zsync.pyc", line 390, in RestoreFolder
File "zsync\zsync.pyc", line 443, in ReconstructFiles
File "zsync\zsync.pyc", line 458, in ReconstructFile
File "os.pyc", line 157, in makedirs
WindowsError: [Error 5] Access is denied: 'C:\\Program Files\\CCP\\EVE\\bin'
Total Runtime: 0h30m33s"

That mean anything to anyone?

cheers for any help.


make sure no copy of the eve client is running
make sure repair tool is running with admin privileges

.

Gempei
Marvinovi pratele
Dracarys.
#108 - 2012-01-25 09:54:45 UTC
opening Ship Maintenance Array causes random client crash What?
Gorgeousita
The Coke Factory
#109 - 2012-01-25 10:05:47 UTC
Venkul Mul wrote:
Deheler wrote:
Syratus wrote:
Re: Decimal separators

While I could see how EVE using system defaults may be a good idea in some ways, I see two problems. One a problem, one a real bug:

a) Problem of course is just that people using an English client can't decide now to use the English notation. Many ppl pick the English client to be "compatible" to most other players. Maybe make it optional? As you made the language choice optional in the first place?

b) You used to be able to copy&paste numbers in market orders (setting up new ones, modifying current ones) - but it doesn't work now when using any value that has fractions of ISK. E.g., right now the client forces me to use the "comma" as fractions-of-ISK separator, and I can copy amounts from market orders to the clipboard. But I can not paste them back - probably because something checks for "make sure that only valid characters get pasted in here". Please fix that one, thanks!

It's worse than just being forced to use the comma. Since the patch the comma ',' button is the only button accepted as separator between Isk and Isk-cents, but it shows as a full stop period '.'
The full stop period button on the num-pad doesn't work at all, which is quite annoying when working the market. So for me, although the rest of the patch is great and working as it should, this is a loss of functionality I can do without.


Standard 101/102 keyboard on AMD athlon II X4 640 3,62GHz
WinXP 32bit SP3 English version set to use the Dutch numerical notation system.



Same problem here

Window Seven, Italian version, service pack 1
Keyboard set to the Italian version



I have the keyboard set to default english and it still does not work.
Sicex
#110 - 2012-01-25 10:35:53 UTC
I am unsure if this was intended or not, I didn't see it on the Patch notes...

I was unable to complete a mission despite the objective item in my ship's cargo hold while docked at the agent's station.
Jerek Kyr
The Classy Gentlemans Corporation
Moist.
#111 - 2012-01-25 10:52:43 UTC  |  Edited by: Jerek Kyr
For some reason my client has decided that my monitor is smaller than it actually is. I have a 1680x1050 monitor but when I use the fixed window option with the correct resolution, it only shows a bit of the game. When I go to window mode and maximize the window the client thinks it's 1344x818... what's going on with this? Is it a known bug or something to do with my machine?
CCP Sputnik
C C P
C C P Alliance
#112 - 2012-01-25 11:52:21 UTC  |  Edited by: CCP Sputnik
Loren g wrote:
my client is broken as well, ran repair tool, downloaded new client and still crashes at start up. i have windowas vista and had client set to windows mode CCPEXE FILE HAS STOPED WORKING is all i get i would like to play your game pls helpSadShocked


Have you tried clearing your cache and settings?

CCP Sputnik | Software Engineer | Team Undone Unit

My EVElopedia Talk My Broadcast Log

Skeito
Quay Industries
#113 - 2012-01-25 11:53:14 UTC
ignore
CCP Sputnik
C C P
C C P Alliance
#114 - 2012-01-25 11:54:29 UTC  |  Edited by: CCP Sputnik
Loren g wrote:
my client is broken as well, ran repair tool, downloaded new client and still crashes at start up. i have windowas vista and had client set to windows mode CCPEXE FILE HAS STOPED WORKING is all i get i would like to play your game pls helpSadShocked


Adam Lost wrote:
Adam Lost wrote:
im having the same problem Sad
do i have to uninstal and reinstal?
repair tool not working
help please?


NO
thanks agen ccp
removing and reinstaling dont work


Fauker wrote:
you has broken my client CCP! and client repair tool has not fixed it!
time for multiple 4 gig downloads


Could you guys post a bit more information please?

CCP Sputnik | Software Engineer | Team Undone Unit

My EVElopedia Talk My Broadcast Log

CCP Sputnik
C C P
C C P Alliance
#115 - 2012-01-25 11:57:10 UTC
Khamal Kahn wrote:
Update doesn't work on Mac. AGAIN! Arghhh!

I know. I should just crawl away and remain silent. Once again CCP shows they don't give a rat's anus about Mac users. Once again - as usual - I am forced to download the entire client. Once again, CCP doesn't care.

What else to say. I've said it each time and nothing changes.

Oh! And did I forget to say it is once again on BOTH Macs that I use, not one unique system.


I would really like to know more about this, what issue exactly are you experiencing? Are there any error messages?

CCP Sputnik | Software Engineer | Team Undone Unit

My EVElopedia Talk My Broadcast Log

CCP Sputnik
C C P
C C P Alliance
#116 - 2012-01-25 12:03:07 UTC
To people having the R6034 Error:

We are investigating this issue, sorry don't really have a lot of details yet.

I saw somebody mentioning that this message can be ignored which allows the game to start, can somebody confirm this?

CCP Sputnik | Software Engineer | Team Undone Unit

My EVElopedia Talk My Broadcast Log

Valinar
Bottom of the Barrel
#117 - 2012-01-25 12:05:18 UTC
CCP Sputnik wrote:
To people having the R6034 Error:

We are investigating this issue, sorry don't really have a lot of details yet.

I saw somebody mentioning that this message can be ignored which allows the game to start, can somebody confirm this?


Yes, at least for me, if I click OK in that dialog box the game continues to start and appears to be running normally. However, the problem does prevent installing any client updates.
CCP Sputnik
C C P
C C P Alliance
#118 - 2012-01-25 12:07:37 UTC  |  Edited by: CCP Sputnik
Valinar wrote:
Yes, at least for me, if I click OK in that dialog box the game continues to start and appears to be running normally. However, the problem does prevent installing any client updates.


Can you elaborate? Does the pop up message appear? Does the client shut down automatically after?

CCP Sputnik | Software Engineer | Team Undone Unit

My EVElopedia Talk My Broadcast Log

Kustarc
Zaruth Galle
#119 - 2012-01-25 12:13:56 UTC  |  Edited by: Kustarc
getting the message below after the last patch today. client runs the normal procedure when logging on, after processing bulk data it does not enter to char menu, nothing happens. when i try to reconnect i get this message.

"The client's local session information is corrupt, probably as a result of failed cleanup during a disconnect. Connecting to the server in this state could lead to a rather unpleasant game experience. Please restart the client prior to logging in."
Valinar
Bottom of the Barrel
#120 - 2012-01-25 12:19:02 UTC
CCP Sputnik wrote:
Valinar wrote:
Yes, at least for me, if I click OK in that dialog box the game continues to start and appears to be running normally. However, the problem does prevent installing any client updates.


Can you elaborate? Does the pop up message appear? Does the client shut down automatically after?


I'm not sure which bit you want me to elaborate on.

When I click the game shortcut to start the client, I get the R6034 dialog before anything else appears. That dialog has a single button: OK. If I click the OK button the dialog disappears and game client continues to load without any apparent issues.

Once the game client is running it does its normal check for updates, and what happens after that I documented in my first post: https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&m=700237#post700237

Valinar wrote:
Restarting the game client after running repair.exe produces the same error dialog as before (containing code R6034) and after clicking OK and allowing the application to start I get a notification about "Crucible 1.1 Client Update #1". After clicking OK the update is downloaded and I get the message "The client update has been installed. The client will now restart." But, after restarting I get the R6034 error again. If use repair.exe again, the client update notification is once again shown suggesting that I am unable to install client update #1.