These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
 

Grifers and *elite* whiners - shut up

First post
Author
baltec1
Bat Country
Pandemic Horde
#81 - 2012-01-24 18:23:01 UTC
Elessa Enaka wrote:


I am not saying that it shouldn't reward risk takers and punish the stupid, though I do believe that there are ways to go about that without driving off people before they really even have a chance to truly experience the game.

Imagine how much more "Eve" Eve could be with the increased funding CCP would get through a larger playerbase. Does this stop the asshats from being asshats?

Sadly, no.


New players need to learn eve is unforgiving and the sooner this happens the better. The people who ***** would only quit when something worse happens to them later.
Grimpak
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#82 - 2012-01-24 18:25:07 UTC
griefing wats dat?

[img]http://eve-files.com/sig/grimpak[/img]

[quote]The more I know about humans, the more I love animals.[/quote] ain't that right

baltec1
Bat Country
Pandemic Horde
#83 - 2012-01-24 18:29:17 UTC
Grimpak wrote:
griefing wats dat?


Not what the OP thinks it isBlink
Karn Dulake
Doomheim
#84 - 2012-01-24 18:31:57 UTC
if you are a casual hisec playe with a family and friends you will never beat a nullsec neckbeard. They have nothing else but this game
I dont normally troll, but when i do i do it on General Discussion.
Jas Dor
Republic University
Minmatar Republic
#85 - 2012-01-24 18:32:24 UTC
Just want to point out that a lot of 0.0 pilots sell Plex to fund their PvP, and the RL $$$ buy this entails keeps people out of sov 0.0.
baltec1
Bat Country
Pandemic Horde
#86 - 2012-01-24 18:37:27 UTC
Karn Dulake wrote:
if you are a casual hisec playe with a family and friends you will never beat a nullsec neckbeard. They have nothing else but this game


I always love this myth.
Seleia O'Sinnor
Drop of Honey
#87 - 2012-01-24 18:38:57 UTC
I like this thread and what the OP says. OP for CSM chairman!

Odyssey: Repacking in POS hangars for modules +1,  but please for other stuff too, especially containers. Make containers openable in POS hangars.

Deviana Sevidon
Jades Falcon Guards
#88 - 2012-01-24 18:42:48 UTC
The OP has a point, but I will not complain about getting blown up or blow things up, that is part of the game. What has actually become a problem is disruptions of gameplay. A number of older player has really nothing better to do then keeping players from enjoying the game and that is a problem, because it keeps the game from growing and hurts CCPs bottomline.

Yes, they can adapt, but the concord enforced rules of engagement are often byzantine, giving an older player a lot of advantages.

....as if 10,058 Goon voices cried out and were suddenly silenced.

Dragon Outlaw
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#89 - 2012-01-24 18:43:12 UTC  |  Edited by: Dragon Outlaw
Karn Dulake wrote:
if you are a casual hisec playe with a family and friends you will never beat a nullsec neckbeard. They have nothing else but this game


So true. These neckbeards you are referring to, they despise carebears in Eve when they are in fact carebears of RL themselves. So ironic!!

I feel bad for them.
Skippermonkey
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#90 - 2012-01-24 18:49:31 UTC  |  Edited by: Skippermonkey
Ammatar Ata wrote:
Skippermonkey wrote:
So basically, the OP is bad at this game but it is somebody elses fault.

its all so clear now


I honestly don't understand how some people like you just constantly post on the forums. I mean, do you even play EVE, or do you just say you do to validate your presence on the forums?


You want the truth?

I use the forums while i am at work (naughty)

I play the game while i am at home

Grimpak wrote:
griefing wats dat?

You spelt it wrong. OP was talking about GRIFING, which is clearly different, because it means playing the game contrary to how the OP thinks the game should be played.

COME AT ME BRO

I'LL JUST BE DOCKED IN THIS STATION

Metal Icarus
Star Frontiers
Brotherhood of Spacers
#91 - 2012-01-24 18:52:20 UTC  |  Edited by: Metal Icarus
OK I was going to hand you a like and agree with you whole heartedly but then i remembered how I started this game. I was thrown into 0.0 2 weeks after I started because of constant wardecs. Our CEO made friends with an alliance diplo and got us to rent. Well after being down there for over a year (same station in 0.0 for over year? Yes.) Made lots of money and best of all, learned how to kill people with extreme prejudice.

Living in null in a small alliance is the best way to play this game because you avoid griefers and you get the abilities you need to destroy all attempts at griefing in 0.0.

So IMO:
griefers: Weaklings who like preying on the weak
Carebears: Weaklings that do not like to fight.

They're both weak, and you will find that highsec wardeccers that attack newb corps don't respond well to shittalk. (go play moar station games losers)

Yes I have an alt, and he is my pvp alt to my pvp main. I pay money for this game to kill people that get in my way. I do NOT use plex to fund my activities, I just am frugal to fitting my ships and practice killing people on the test server to make sure my fits are perfect. I have never had more than 1.5 billion in my wallet, and have an average of 300 million in my wallet. A lot of things said about 0.0 dwellers in this thread are wrong and it makes us seem like invincible gods (I wish).... We're not?

Carebears STFU and stop being scared of 0.0. Make the leap and you will find that it is WAY more entertaining the empire could EVER be. You will just have use something that seems to be rare these days... I think its called... what was it....

Oh yeah! Diplomacy. Politics is real in Eve and if you are good at it, you can reallly have fun in 0.0. That is what will make you seem godlike in this game.

TL;DR: CAREBEARS LEARN SOME DIPLOMACY AND GO TO NULLSEC and you will avoid ALL but the most hardcore griefers.
Realityfirst
Mini-Industries
#92 - 2012-01-24 18:53:21 UTC
Gazmin VanBurin wrote:
hum hum interesting, but you speak like the majority of those incursion bears have hard core pvp alts, or even want to pvp at all, but sadly they dont, they want to sit on their space cash and 5 faction fit BSs.

Actually many of the incursion runners are PVPer as well, like my self, that are looking for a steady income of isk to support their pvp. However with all the added wars going out lately, I personally, and many others are finding it hard to make isk, to pvp, on a regular basis. Anyway +1 to OP
Ehn Roh
#93 - 2012-01-24 19:03:54 UTC
Skippermonkey wrote:
damn grifers


Yes, we are indeed inface this stupid Pirate
Xen Solarus
Furious Destruction and Salvage
#94 - 2012-01-24 19:13:43 UTC
There is always going to be two sides. Those that PVP, in low and null, interested in things that go boom, and those in empire that have no interest in PVP whatsoever. They just want to be left alone to do their thing. I've never understood why people in low and null space are obsessed with trying to force PVP upon them. If they play eve, and enjoy it, because they work spreadsheets, mine, haul or play the market, then whats the problem? As long as their money is flowing into CCP, then all the better.

Ultimately its the minority, that sucicide gank to collect these peoples tears for their own amusement, that are harming the growth and development of eve. It's already got a massive learning curve, so its always going to be a challenge to get people to stay playing. If the aim is to let people get the hang of the game in the safety of empire, before moving naturally to low/null space, then griefers are achieving the exact opposite of this. Whats the problem with people wanted to do the things that you lable as "boring". Its like, OMG, why don't they like ships exploding?!?!?

Eve is a great game, for the exact reason that each individual player can get out of it what they want. No matter how much you scream "PVP Bitches!!" in carebears faces while you blow up their ships, it isn't going to suddenly convert them into PVPers. Quite the opposite in fact.

Can't people just accept that some people actually play eve for something other than explosions? Roll

Post with your main, like a BOSS!

And no, i don't live in highsec.  As if that would make your opinion any less wrong.  

Prince Kobol
#95 - 2012-01-24 19:26:43 UTC  |  Edited by: Prince Kobol
SpaceSquirrels wrote:
The almighty "just make it all null" argument. Come on now tis a silly argument. It should be examined and see if pvp in null has in fact dropped off over the years. AS A RATIO TO PLAYER BASE. Not just numerically. (It would be higher because eve has grown over the years.)


Unfortunately you may think its silly, I may think its silly but there a number of people who believe that this would be a good idea.

Some people actually believe that it would be worth losing a good number of subs to get rid of Empire space completely, other people believe it would be a good move to nerf Empire space to such an extent that it would be worthless to stay there with the misconception that this would move people to null.

For a game where people keep screaming "its a sandbox" its only a sandbox so long as you conform to their views and play how they want you to play.

Yes of course Incursions need to be fixed, they should of been fixed shortly after CCP introduced them but CCP being CCP take months if not years to fix anything and even then they tend to make a mess of things.

I also believe that no only should there be more ways of making isk in null, but more importantly, more enjoyable ways of making isk, not just solo, but group play as well.

However this null v high, risk v rewards argument is getting pretty long in the tooth now and is mostly bollocks anyway.

If people want to go to null, then will go, if they don't then they wont.

You can increase the rewards in null anons by a factor of 10 and you know what, it would encourage very few to go to null. The major issues with null is not the ability to make isk, but how you are treated by alliances when you are there.

Personally, I don't play Eve to see how much isk I can make, but to enjoy myself and from what I have experienced of null, no amount of isk will get me to move down there.
Chiggy W
Hard-Luck Industries
#96 - 2012-01-24 19:33:27 UTC
Xen Solarus wrote:
There is always going to be two sides. Those that PVP, in low and null, interested in things that go boom, and those in empire that have no interest in PVP whatsoever. They just want to be left alone to do their thing. I've never understood why people in low and null space are obsessed with trying to force PVP upon them. If they play eve, and enjoy it, because they work spreadsheets, mine, haul or play the market, then whats the problem? As long as their money is flowing into CCP, then all the better.

Ultimately its the minority, that sucicide gank to collect these peoples tears for their own amusement, that are harming the growth and development of eve. It's already got a massive learning curve, so its always going to be a challenge to get people to stay playing. If the aim is to let people get the hang of the game in the safety of empire, before moving naturally to low/null space, then griefers are achieving the exact opposite of this. Whats the problem with people wanted to do the things that you lable as "boring". Its like, OMG, why don't they like ships exploding?!?!?

Eve is a great game, for the exact reason that each individual player can get out of it what they want. No matter how much you scream "PVP Bitches!!" in carebears faces while you blow up their ships, it isn't going to suddenly convert them into PVPers. Quite the opposite in fact.

Can't people just accept that some people actually play eve for something other than explosions? Roll



You're an idiot. Really, a complete numpty. To claim that if you mine, haul or trade you don't engage in PVP shows you have little to no understanding what Eve is and how it works.

Let me break it down to you in simple terms. If you are a trader trying to get into a market, you are trying to make whatever you are selling more attractive than the other guys, and the only way to do this in Eve is to make it cheaper than his. Therefore you're competing against another player so you make the ISK, not him. It's Player Vs. Player. Simples!

As for explosions, who the hell doesn't like explosions, and if not, what are you doing in Eve? The whole idea of the game is conflict, not to mention that almost everything in-game is directly connected to something, somewhere blowing up. If stuff isn't being blown up, no one needs minerals, no trade on the market because nothing ever needs to be replaced, no manufacturing because no one buys anything.

Let me put it this way. Eve is not, and never will be a single player game. If you don't like it, unsub and go play Hello Kitty online, where everything is fair, nobody can mess with you, and you become one of thousands of faceless players unable to forge your own path because it''s a souless ******* theme-park.

Hands of my Eve nublet, just cause you don't get it doesn't mean CCP needs to change.
Gazmin VanBurin
Boma Bull Corp
#97 - 2012-01-24 19:40:09 UTC  |  Edited by: Gazmin VanBurin
Karn Dulake wrote:
if you are a casual hisec playe with a family and friends you will never beat a nullsec neckbeard. They have nothing else but this game


oddly most the good griefers and 0.0 pilots i have flown with have familys and gfs, its the high sec carebears with no lives grinding away at incusrions and minning 23/7 that dont
arcca jeth
Dark Alliance
#98 - 2012-01-24 19:44:51 UTC
poasting in another eve is dying thread (when it's not) while eating doritos

i ninja checked status of players online while at work yesterday around noon central US timezone. over 40k players online.

there is a barrier to entry to EvE that, for the most part, is why most of my friends who tried playing, never stuck around. they thought it was too complex and they didn't understand the mechanics. which i had to explain to them quickly as they were locking me and beginning to fire for laughs. then i'd be sending them replacement isk and telling them, dont try that again until you learn the mechanics of the game lol

if you put yourself back into the newbie stage of this game, you remember that this game is hugely complex and in-depth. which takes a certain kind of brain to appreciate. then its the natural learning curve that becomes an issue. too much to take in all at once. it's not for all people and it's not for brittle people either. most of the stuff i have learned in this game i had to find using google lol

if someone is constantly being war-decced in eve and are a newb corp, it's most likely:
1.) the CEO is an asshat
2.) the members and the CEO are asshats
3.) everyone in eve except the decced are asshats
4.) or all of the above lol

the only time i have ever been wardecced was because i was offline for a few months and left a high sec POS offline with mobile labs sitting in there. they decced, blew up the labs and left the tower there. then they retracted said dec.

best idea for someone who is looking to avoid war decs is to keep a low profile and not **** people off. there are many ways to avoid them.

i think I have been trolled


Nicolo da'Vicenza
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#99 - 2012-01-24 19:49:33 UTC
Prince Kobol wrote:
SpaceSquirrels wrote:
The almighty "just make it all null" argument. Come on now tis a silly argument. It should be examined and see if pvp in null has in fact dropped off over the years. AS A RATIO TO PLAYER BASE. Not just numerically. (It would be higher because eve has grown over the years.)


Unfortunately you may think its silly, I may think its silly but there a number of people who believe that this would be a good idea.

Some people actually believe that it would be worth losing a good number of subs to get rid of Empire space completely, other people believe it would be a good move to nerf Empire space to such an extent that it would be worthless to stay there with the misconception that this would move people to null.
Last 2 major expansions insert new, riskfree isk-makers for highsec. Result: Eve nearly dies, subs plummet. Crucible adds risk to PI and makes highsec more dangerous with suicide tornadoes. Result: Eve subs finally start to climb back up. Face it, most people play EVE for a challenge.

Quote:
You can increase the rewards in null anons by a factor of 10 and you know what, it would encourage very few to go to null. The major issues with null is not the ability to make isk, but how you are treated by alliances when you are there..

Pre-anom nerf Dominion expansion debunks this claim.
Prince Kobol
#100 - 2012-01-24 19:53:17 UTC
Nicolo da'Vicenza wrote:

Pre-anom nerf Dominion expansion debunks this claim.


As Tippa would say.. show me the numbers Big smile