These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
 

Station to Citadel

Author
Vladimir Fleetfieth
Red Dragon Imperial
#1 - 2017-06-14 19:23:59 UTC
So, when the update drops that will take NPC stations out of the game, how long exactly will i have to move all of my stuff elsewhere? Will a NPC citadel spawn in there and immediately take on all the items and ships if im not online? Will players get a like, 24-48 hour warning saying to move stuff?

Gutting the Federation, from inside out.

Lothros Andastar
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#2 - 2017-06-14 19:30:32 UTC
Vladimir Fleetfieth wrote:
So, when the update drops that will take NPC stations out of the game, how long exactly will i have to move all of my stuff elsewhere? Will a NPC citadel spawn in there and immediately take on all the items and ships if im not online? Will players get a like, 24-48 hour warning saying to move stuff?

It will just be in your hanger like any other citadel. If it gets blown up, asset safety like normal.

Projected deployment is in December IIRC.

Also, they aren't removing NPC stations at all, only player controlled outposts.
Tau Cabalander
Retirement Retreat
Working Stiffs
#3 - 2017-06-14 19:35:03 UTC
First, the only NPC stations that are going away are conquerable stations.

Second, don't panic. Your stuff will be safe.

The Next Steps in Structure Transition
Team Five O wrote:
The Outpost replacement event is currently planned for this winter, in a patch some period of time after the expansion that contains the Refineries. As we get closer to release we will start getting more specific about the dates involved.

During the downtime on the event day, the new faction Citadels will be automatically anchored at a location near the Outpost or Conquerable Station they are replacing. Whenever possible items that were inside the old Outpost or Conquerable will be moved directly into the new Citadel, with some items moved into asset safety as needed. Any of the items placed in the new Citadels can be manually placed into asset safety by their owners whenever they wish, just like all items in other Upwell structures.

Lena Crews
Cynosural Edge
#4 - 2017-06-14 20:19:46 UTC
I wonder what will happen with the markets. Will the new citadels keep the market orders placed in the old stations? Or do I have to manage that?
Cypherous
Liberty Rogues
Aprilon Dynasty
#5 - 2017-06-14 21:31:03 UTC
Tau Cabalander wrote:
First, the only NPC stations that are going away are conquerable stations.

Second, don't panic. Your stuff will be safe.

The Next Steps in Structure Transition
Team Five O wrote:
The Outpost replacement event is currently planned for this winter, in a patch some period of time after the expansion that contains the Refineries. As we get closer to release we will start getting more specific about the dates involved.

During the downtime on the event day, the new faction Citadels will be automatically anchored at a location near the Outpost or Conquerable Station they are replacing. Whenever possible items that were inside the old Outpost or Conquerable will be moved directly into the new Citadel, with some items moved into asset safety as needed. Any of the items placed in the new Citadels can be manually placed into asset safety by their owners whenever they wish, just like all items in other Upwell structures.



This point needs to be driven home, lots of people seem to think NPC stations are going away
Tuttomenui II
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#6 - 2017-06-15 05:18:16 UTC
Cypherous wrote:


This point needs to be driven home, lots of people seem to think NPC stations are going away


Lot of Idiot victims of fear mongers, or victims of their own lack of reading comprehension.
Nana Skalski
Taisaanat Kotei
EDENCOM Defensive Initiative
#7 - 2017-06-15 07:56:53 UTC  |  Edited by: Nana Skalski
No matter, I think we can live without NPC stations at all. Will be really hard tho, and they would have to add some shacks you could build in high sec.
Bjorn Tyrson
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#8 - 2017-06-15 08:59:20 UTC
Nana Skalski wrote:
No matter, I think we can live without NPC stations at all. Will be really hard tho, and they would have to add some shacks you could build in high sec.


They would also need to add a way to get npc mission agents in citadels, which is unlikely since it would be far too easy to abuse. hence why NPC stations aren't going anywhere.
Agondray
Avenger Mercenaries
VOID Intergalactic Forces
#9 - 2017-06-15 09:14:41 UTC
Bjorn Tyrson wrote:
Nana Skalski wrote:
No matter, I think we can live without NPC stations at all. Will be really hard tho, and they would have to add some shacks you could build in high sec.


They would also need to add a way to get npc mission agents in citadels, which is unlikely since it would be far too easy to abuse. hence why NPC stations aren't going anywhere.


not true, they could place the agents in space like a lot of other agents that are out there, would also be nice if you didn't have to dock every time to turn in or accept and cold instead make the range in system for getting the next mission unless it was a pick-up/drop-off mission.

"Sarcasm is the Recourse of a weak mind." -Dr. Smith

voetius
Grundrisse
#10 - 2017-06-15 09:22:48 UTC
Agondray wrote:
Bjorn Tyrson wrote:
Nana Skalski wrote:
No matter, I think we can live without NPC stations at all. Will be really hard tho, and they would have to add some shacks you could build in high sec.


They would also need to add a way to get npc mission agents in citadels, which is unlikely since it would be far too easy to abuse. hence why NPC stations aren't going anywhere.


not true, they could place the agents in space like a lot of other agents that are out there, would also be nice if you didn't have to dock every time to turn in or accept and cold instead make the range in system for getting the next mission unless it was a pick-up/drop-off mission.


Some of the COSMOS agents do drop-off to an agent in space, so that mechanic is already in the game.
Hipqo
Tyde8
#11 - 2017-06-15 10:45:12 UTC  |  Edited by: Hipqo
Tuttomenui II wrote:
Cypherous wrote:


This point needs to be driven home, lots of people seem to think NPC stations are going away


Lot of Idiot victims of fear mongers, or victims of their own lack of reading comprehension.


They arent exactly going away no, but they are being converted like the outposts, to faction citadels.
So in a sense they are going away actually, like outposts will go away/be replaced.

"There will be five faction Citadels available-- one to replace each of the Outpost types and one to replace the Conquerable Stations built long ago by the “Immensea” organization. The four Outpost replacement Citadels will use upgraded and rescaled versions of the Outpost visual models and will therefore look very familiar to current nullsec residents."
https://community.eveonline.com/news/dev-blogs/the-next-steps-in-structure-transition/

A life is best lived, to not step into your grave in a well preserved body. Instead, to slide in side ways, all battered and bruised, screamming, "Holy SH**! What a ride!"

Cypherous
Liberty Rogues
Aprilon Dynasty
#12 - 2017-06-15 10:52:31 UTC
Hipqo wrote:
Tuttomenui II wrote:
Cypherous wrote:


This point needs to be driven home, lots of people seem to think NPC stations are going away


Lot of Idiot victims of fear mongers, or victims of their own lack of reading comprehension.


They arent exactly going away no, but they are being converted like the outposts, to faction citadels.
So in a sense they are going away actually, like outposts will go away/be replaced.

"There will be five faction Citadels available-- one to replace each of the Outpost types and one to replace the Conquerable Stations built long ago by the “Immensea” organization. The four Outpost replacement Citadels will use upgraded and rescaled versions of the Outpost visual models and will therefore look very familiar to current nullsec residents."
https://community.eveonline.com/news/dev-blogs/the-next-steps-in-structure-transition/


The ONLY things being replaced are the small number of conquerable stations and player built outposts, nothing NPC owned is being changed or removed at all
Vladimir Fleetfieth
Red Dragon Imperial
#13 - 2017-06-16 16:09:20 UTC
Alright, worry moment over. Thanks everyone!

Gutting the Federation, from inside out.

Sylvia Kildare
Kinetic Fury
#14 - 2017-06-17 04:26:11 UTC
Agondray wrote:
Bjorn Tyrson wrote:
Nana Skalski wrote:
No matter, I think we can live without NPC stations at all. Will be really hard tho, and they would have to add some shacks you could build in high sec.


They would also need to add a way to get npc mission agents in citadels, which is unlikely since it would be far too easy to abuse. hence why NPC stations aren't going anywhere.


not true, they could place the agents in space like a lot of other agents that are out there, would also be nice if you didn't have to dock every time to turn in or accept and cold instead make the range in system for getting the next mission unless it was a pick-up/drop-off mission.


Yeah... what about those distribution missions and L4 storyline missions where you have to courier like 40,000 m3 somewhere.

The SOE Epic Arc agents who are in space often give you something directly into your ship or take it from there, but it's only a tiny little sub 1 m3 thing.

Dumping giant cargos in space is more problematic. Also, a lot of times, people break the shipment up into multiple trips. How's that going to work if there's no NPC station to start from. leave a jetcan in space at the agent with all the rest of your stuff? Yeah...

Also, if they were going to do that, there should be nothing stopping citadel courier contracts being able to be delivered into a little mail slot in the side of the citadel while in tether range, so people can't deny you access to a citadel you just had access to a minute ago so you can't complete a delivery.
Sethyrh Nakrar
#15 - 2017-06-17 05:07:04 UTC  |  Edited by: Sethyrh Nakrar
Yeah. Not gonna happen. Removing NPC-stations would create just a enormous mess of unholy proportions.
Missionrunning would be allmost impossible, depending on the missiontype.
The market as a whole would go to hell.
And the option to cut someone of all of his/her assets anytime, anywhere, even temporarly would be a huge problem.
And the clonemechanic....
So. That would be probably the worst idea ever.

Praise the Omnissiah!

Nevyn Auscent
Broke Sauce
#16 - 2017-06-17 05:51:38 UTC
90% of NPC stations should be removed. But not 100%. There needs to be more meaning to controlling a system and kicking everyone else's citadels etc out.

But yeah, currently 0% of NPC stations are being removed. There are some conquerable stations in player hands, but they are not 'NPC' currently.