These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Upcoming Feature and Change Feedback Center

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
 

[June] Fighter Damage Reduction

First post First post First post
Author
Crash 888
TRINTEX
#581 - 2017-06-09 16:57:28 UTC
Give children candy and snatch it away again, they'll cry.

Best not to give it to them in the first place Attention
Eye-Luv-Girls wDaddyIssues
Hookers N' Blow
#582 - 2017-06-09 16:58:09 UTC
Sapphire Voice wrote:
Eye-Luv-Girls wDaddyIssues wrote:
Personally I think all the changes of late are all good. Its way too easy for people en mass to farm the game.

There shouldnt be any sources of AFK, Passive Income.

Well done ccp.


You got payed by CCP or what?))))


Not really I just enjoy the salt and tears when they nerf stuff. The first round of rorqual nerfs everyone was up in arms threatening to sell all their rorquals, and unsub accounts. Its a big joke.

Everyone will calm down in a week go back to whatever they were doing and adjust.
Nut Cullet
Diversity 101
Domain Research and Mining Inst.
#583 - 2017-06-09 16:58:53 UTC
Great changes , although i feel you should reduce the figers by 40%
Onslaughtor
Phoenix Naval Operations
Phoenix Naval Systems
#584 - 2017-06-09 16:59:05 UTC
Knowing some of the offenders I agree with the idea of the nerf. How ever a 20% reduction in damage for the fighters on a normal carrier is painful in PvP. So might I suggest a few gives to the take so that PvPing is still worthwhile in these ships. Change the damage nerf to 15% and open up the fighter bays to support 3 support squadrens. This way carrier pilots still have a bit more teeth in PvP and can actually put thier carriers support fighter bonuses to work in combat, as of right now only the web and point fighters are really used.
Frostys Virpio
KarmaFleet
Goonswarm Federation
#585 - 2017-06-09 16:59:22 UTC
Jenn aSide wrote:
I'll say again, all the accusations of "omg CCP just wants me to buy plex" are stupid.

If CCP wanted you to buy plex theiy'd BUFF fighters so you can generate isk easier to buy plex. Plex is money in the bank for CCP


Their point of view doesn't even make sense if you forget about that. "CCP want us to buy more PLEX" is stupid when you are crying about nerf to player income. Who the **** is gonna buy your PLEX if player income is so god damn nerfed anyway?
Mace Window
KarmaFleet
Goonswarm Federation
#586 - 2017-06-09 17:00:59 UTC
Well this f ing sucks a load of nuts
jkeegs Airuta
Resilience.
The Initiative.
#587 - 2017-06-09 17:01:11 UTC
Birabanor
CRUZADOS
Goonswarm Federation
#588 - 2017-06-09 17:01:22 UTC
Lucy Callagan wrote:
To all the people complaining that : "I can't plex my account anymore, ccp is so greedy they want me to pay it with RL money"

Don't you understant that all the plexes that are in the game have been bought on CCP's website and therefore paying the sub in plex or RL money makes no difference to ccp ?



Now i wonder if CCP is aware of that.

All the TIME we spent on those capital skills, drone skills hulls, etc.... Nerfed... i feel like i being robbed cuse of curse you train the high end ships and modules expecting something for your dedication, u need about a year to get those skills in decent lvls and just because some retards feel like we are making insane amounts of isk you want to nerf them? yes u can make a good isk and is in line with the time spent doing PVE. but maybe ure missing that not everyone who plays eve are in school or doing nothing, most the people that i know in game are hardworkers in rl, who want to spend time having fun not getting another job grinding isk to buy stuff nor be forced to pay plexes as a pay to win sandboxgame. we already did the learning courve having fun with frigates, cruisers battleships, now after a long time we can handle capitalships and we want to enjoy them and the reward that comes with it, WE EARN THAT .
Sharnhorst von Deathwish
STK Scientific
The Initiative.
#589 - 2017-06-09 17:01:55 UTC
Guys.. guys.. guys.. and gals. This isn't the feedback center where they adapt and change roll out plans. This is where they come to let you know about the changes coming and give you any feedback they have. In Soviet CCP feedback only rolls one way.

But don't worry. Next will be HAW dps on dreads. Then all will be right in the world with only VNIs, Ishtars, and SP extractor farms will be only acceptable income source.
Alexander Cliovelle
Center for Advanced Studies
Gallente Federation
#590 - 2017-06-09 17:02:03 UTC
Seriously?

I mean give them aggro sure, but 30% are u kidding. PVP dead except as neuting platform.
Could have gone with better tracking for npc, or lower bounty but no

Seriously with all the changes it seems u want everyone in rorquals, because they still are op as **** and with the changes to piratebs u may even buff demand so it is getting even better.

I seriously wonder whether CSM did say anything against that
Vitarius Solarius
My Little Pony Industries Inc.
RED.OverLord
#591 - 2017-06-09 17:02:08 UTC
Nut Cullet wrote:
Great changes , although i feel you should reduce the figers by 40%

And remove all caps cuz they're needless anymore.

Доставляю боль, дорого.

Kaze Mester
Perkone
Caldari State
#592 - 2017-06-09 17:03:08 UTC
How CCP works nowdays:

1.Bring new players in with f2p who will potentially subscribe.
2.Kill old players who can afford to buy plex ingame.

Good job CCP.
Dawny Star
Control-Space
#593 - 2017-06-09 17:03:12 UTC  |  Edited by: Dawny Star
Frostys Virpio wrote:
Dawny Star wrote:


Give us a reason to PVP again. Null sec wars are a huge ISK sink, they create lots of player content, generate headlines, and gave alliances a reason to be competitive with each other.


Null sec wars are not an ISK sink. They never are and probably never will be.




Whilst I think I see where your going to go with this, let me ask a couple of questions.

How much ratting did goons do per day when EvE descended on Deklien? Whilst that's not an ISK sink as such, it certainly hinders ISK generation for the average line member no?

Also battles like B-R are quite literally an ISK sink, trillions of iSK in ships instantly removed from the game. Whilst not an ISK to players with a decent Alliance SRP program that again is still ISK being moved out of existence.

Null Sec Wars in EVE do generate incomes for some, but by and large they slow/lower income at line member level.
Stunt
Anime Masters
#594 - 2017-06-09 17:03:15 UTC
Have you considered making PVE less safe at all? I would like the devs to take out small gangs from jita and hit up every major power bloc ratting areas.
Jonathon Rodriguez
SUNDER.
Train Wreck.
#595 - 2017-06-09 17:03:35 UTC  |  Edited by: Jonathon Rodriguez
Carriers are borderline useless as is, they really don't need to be hit with the nerf bat again, all this will do is cripple smaller groups who have maybe 2-5 of these things. IF such a change was to be put in place, I would hope material costs on constructing carriers and fighters will also get nerfed because at this point it just makes no sense to use them.

Im wondering, after such a nerf, what would be the point in using carriers at all? If this is about ratting, then make the rats harder to kill make them shoot down more fighters, don't beat this already severely beaten ship class any further.

This will not have the intended effect, it will merely cripple smaller groups who have limited means of self defense.

Because of this heavy handed and generally terrible idea, and the fact you only hear us when it hits your bottom line, I will no longer be subscribing any alt accounts.
Jenn aSide
Worthless Carebears
Pandemic Horde
#596 - 2017-06-09 17:03:43 UTC
Eye-Luv-Girls wDaddyIssues wrote:
Sapphire Voice wrote:
Eye-Luv-Girls wDaddyIssues wrote:
Personally I think all the changes of late are all good. Its way too easy for people en mass to farm the game.

There shouldnt be any sources of AFK, Passive Income.

Well done ccp.


You got payed by CCP or what?))))


Not really I just enjoy the salt and tears when they nerf stuff. The first round of rorqual nerfs everyone was up in arms threatening to sell all their rorquals, and unsub accounts. Its a big joke.

Everyone will calm down in a week go back to whatever they were doing and adjust.


Exactly, which is why I call these "oppurtunity to blow off some steam" threads. Once everybody takes their carrier/super to rat and find out it's actually not that much of a change (or someone pops up a youtube video showing some clever way around it all) they will act like they never lost their minds of a forum.

Like you say, it happens EVERY time there is a significant change that affects income, pvp ability or somehow threats something that have 'invested' in. It's the stock human response to the idea of loss, lol some of these mofos are going through stages of grief Twisted
McBorsk
Multispace Technologies Inc
#597 - 2017-06-09 17:04:22 UTC  |  Edited by: McBorsk
Will you be refunding carrier BPO's? I've got 3, with months and months of research on them.

Change the havens, a carrier running hubs sure as hell isn't op income. It's good content for the ratter and the hunters.
Ida Aurlien
HIgh Sec Care Bears
Brothers of Tangra
#598 - 2017-06-09 17:04:25 UTC
1 you train for say cruisers they nerf them

2 you train pi they change it

3 you train for pirate ships they change them

4 you train for logi they change it

5 you train for whatever they change it and add more to get to the same level

6 you train carriers They change it

7 you train fighters they change it and add new skills

8 you train t3's they nerf them


My thoughts are if your building a game with a base of people you would think some add ons and deletes threw time but a constant change is frustrating. You just get to a point where you feel good with the game and you kill it or destroy it. I had been feeling tired of the game on a personal level. but was ok with continually subbing gonna start getting ready to call it what it is tho. As this never ends and 20% nerf when a couple cruisers can kill a carrier. something is wrong with this picture. That's like being able to bump kill a freighter with a cat ....stupid.. game you would think has some parameters that would fit like frigates 2 to kill a cruiser or a bs maybe 4 to kill etc but when you can have more dps from a bs than a carrier it does not fit, sorry. I realize this is a game but when you constantly change the Bar or parameters you destroy the goal and game. good job ccp you have made my mind up for me
Faruzen en Divalone
Heliochem
#599 - 2017-06-09 17:05:29 UTC  |  Edited by: Faruzen en Divalone
Ida Aurlien wrote:
1 you train for say cruisers they nerf them

2 you train pi they change it

3 you train for pirate ships they change them

4 you train for logi they change it

5 you train for whatever they change it and add more to get to the same level

6 you train carriers They change it

7 you train fighters they change it and add new skills

8 you train t3's they nerf them


My thoughts are if your building a game with a base of people you would think some add ons and deletes threw time but a constant change is frustrating. You just get to a point where you feel good with the game and you kill it or destroy it. I had been feeling tired of the game on a personal level. but was ok with continually subbing gonna start getting ready to call it what it is tho. As this never ends and 20% nerf when a couple cruisers can kill a carrier. something is wrong with this picture. That's like being able to bump kill a freighter with a cat ....stupid.. game you would think has some parameters that would fit like frigates 2 to kill a cruiser or a bs maybe 4 to kill etc but when you can have more dps from a bs than a carrier it does not fit, sorry. I realize this is a game but when you constantly change the Bar or parameters you destroy the goal and game. good job ccp you have made my mind up for me


Then dont train what is currently BEST and objectively OP. It will get nerfed. However, PVP damage of carriers should NOT be nerfed, thats for sure.
Frostys Virpio
KarmaFleet
Goonswarm Federation
#600 - 2017-06-09 17:06:15 UTC
Dawny Star wrote:
Frostys Virpio wrote:
Dawny Star wrote:


Give us a reason to PVP again. Null sec wars are a huge ISK sink, they create lots of player content, generate headlines, and gave alliances a reason to be competitive with each other.


Null sec wars are not an ISK sink. They never are and probably never will be.




Whilst I think I see where your going to go with this, let me ask a couple of questions.

How much ratting did goons do per day when EvE descended on Deklien? Whilst that's not an ISK sink as such, it certainly hinders ISK generation for the average line member no?

Also battles like B-R are quite literally an ISK sink, trillions of iSK in ships instantly removed from the game. Whilst not an ISK to players with a decent Alliance SRP program that again is still ISK being moved out of existence.

Null Sec Wars in EVE do generate incomes for some, but by and large they slow/lower income at line member level.


Do you know what an ISK sink is?

Every ship exploding in EVE is a faucet.