These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
 

Wars

Author
Ima Wreckyou
The Conference Elite
Safety.
#21 - 2017-05-01 16:23:55 UTC
Josef Djugashvilis wrote:
Ima Wreckyou wrote:
Join a corp who can handle wardecs. The weak must be eliminated


I take it you are going to leave CODE then.

How did the Alliance Tournament go for you guys a couple of years ago?

We won, why? Are you still upset about it?
Zanar Skwigelf
HIgh Sec Care Bears
Brothers of Tangra
#22 - 2017-05-01 18:07:39 UTC
Percy Cuscaden wrote:


I have been in my 13 year old corp which has RL friends who come back from time to time. This has not been a problem before. We had one spate of random war decs from the Marmite Collective and others in June last year. Now in one month I get two.

How many people have you come across that are in their corp after 13 years? I need to leave now because some alliance wants to randomly wardec me every time they feel bored and need new targets (all 2 of us)?

I see no fun in a mechanic which allows full alliances to war dec small corps.

http://imgur.com/a/KaVqC

This is the first time I have "whined" about this issue. This corp was created 13 years ago for friends to stay in touch whenever they came back to the game. Like you note, it is high time CCP gave us a non-competitive structure which facilitates us staying in touch with our friends without having to sit in a structure which leaves us open to being war decced against our will when some other group of players feels bored.

Apologies for being "petulant" after 13 years in my corp. I have been quite happy with my cake until now.


I've only been a forum warrior for a relatively short time, but I'm getting sick of these 12 year old kids waving their 13 year old toon in our face like its supposed to mean something.

Percy, what exactly does being around for 13 years mean?
Blade Darth
Room for Improvement
Good Sax
#23 - 2017-05-01 18:16:06 UTC
High-sec is what I'd call extended tutorial. After a couple weeks you should leave it. Sadly EvE does a bad job at incentivizing players to do so.

Don't like the crappy war system in high-sec? Move to low/null. Don't like the politics of sov holding carebears or fights 5:1 vs. 100 titans on a server node that's about to crash? Move to a wormhole. Be a spy and make your isk that way. Or make art. Ninja-exploration. Stealing loot from low-sec gatecamps. Factional warfare. Hauling.
Or something else. Think for yourself.
Percy Cuscaden
Easy Company
#24 - 2017-05-01 18:20:47 UTC
Zanar Skwigelf wrote:

Percy, what exactly does being around for 13 years mean?


For you, obviously nothing, but for me it is important.

Thanks for the insulting tone. Have a nice day.
Carnivorous Swarm
Doomheim
#25 - 2017-05-01 18:22:01 UTC
Maybe they want you to quit so they can steal your corp ticker.

"EASY" is pretty nice, any kind of corp would love that.
Algarion Getz
Aideron Corp
#26 - 2017-05-01 18:22:44 UTC
Cern Audeles wrote:
Hi,
I love this game but for one thing. The wars.
I am in a corp, it's new few veterans we mine explore do missions, but we keep having wars declared against us. They want paying up to a billion ISK to cancelled the wars, we lost half a bill in ships today.
So, I am downgrading to alpha, play casual, I love this game, but, i get a ship nice then get jumped by 4 ppl at one and destroyed, its not fun and even with insurance, a loss Sad

Leave corp, make new one. Takes 10 seconds.
Ralph King-Griffin
New Eden Tech Support
#27 - 2017-05-01 18:35:57 UTC
Zanar Skwigelf wrote:
what exactly does being around for 13 years mean?

should at least mean one can stand the same risks as literally every other corp in the game.
Keno Skir
#28 - 2017-05-01 18:52:34 UTC
Percy Cuscaden wrote:
I have a similar problem, I am an on and off player. I have my own Corp which only has two active players, me and one other chap. I have been in my Corp for over 13 years. We are getting random war decs from "RIOT" and " I Know Right " alliances.

I am now thinking of quitting my own corp just so I do not have to deal with war decs which I have 0 interest in. My choices are to logoff for a week or quit to an NPC corp so I can avoid this nonsense where Alliances with hundreds of players can pick on a corp with two active players.

Call me a care bear, whatever you want etc., I deal with the gankers etc., but war decs from alliances with hundreds of players against a two man active corp, I have no interest in dealing with.


Right, so leave the corp. Being in a PLAYER CORP means you have DELIBERATELY opened yourself up to wardecs. It's assumed that if you didn't want to be open to wardecs you wouldn't have chosen to be in a player corp where you trade the lower tax for the chance of war.

I assume you want 0 tax, as well as no war.. and everything else risk free too.

You said you deal with gankers, why are you choosing to not deal with wardecs?

I re-iterate : Being in a PLAYER CORP is a trade off like everything in EvE. You get lower taxes and your own flag, in return for defending yourself from other player corps.
Percy Cuscaden
Easy Company
#29 - 2017-05-01 19:11:06 UTC  |  Edited by: Percy Cuscaden
Keno Skir wrote:


Right, so leave the corp. Being in a PLAYER CORP means you have DELIBERATELY opened yourself up to wardecs. It's assumed that if you didn't want to be open to wardecs you wouldn't have chosen to be in a player corp where you trade the lower tax for the chance of war.

I assume you want 0 tax, as well as no war.. and everything else risk free too.

You said you deal with gankers, why are you choosing to not deal with wardecs?

I re-iterate : Being in a PLAYER CORP is a trade off like everything in EvE. You get lower taxes and your own flag, in return for defending yourself from other player corps.


I did not even know about the tax issue until today. Not fussed about the tax issue at all.

Gankers face consequences. A big alliance faces no consequences when they war dec a small corp. There is no risk for them.

Of course I can leave the corp, but being OCD I hate the idea of leaving my corp which I have been in for 13 years. I totally acknowledge this means nothing to most of you who are probably in out of corps like there is no tomorrow. But I am not like that! More fool me.

Where did I say anything about "everything else risk free too"? I never said that. The only risk free party in this complaint is the large alliance which has war decced a corp which has two active players Twisted
Ralph King-Griffin
New Eden Tech Support
#30 - 2017-05-01 19:19:24 UTC
Percy Cuscaden wrote:
A big alliance faces no consequences when they war dec a small corp. There is no risk for them.

well thats your fault now isnt it.
be it trough force of arms or leveraging your isk, you can and you should defend anything you want to keep.
we all have the same risks here and we are all responsible for our own safety.

pay someone scarier than them to slap them about for a bit, see what happensBlink
Percy Cuscaden
Easy Company
#31 - 2017-05-01 19:30:13 UTC
Ralph King-Griffin wrote:

well thats your fault now isnt it.
be it trough force of arms or leveraging your isk, you can and you should defend anything you want to keep.
we all have the same risks here and we are all responsible for our own safety.

pay someone scarier than them to slap them about for a bit, see what happensBlink


I am not like that. I am the peaceful type. I would never just war dec someone for high jinks. I would not fit in with CODE at all Roll

I could pay someone larger to slap them, but that just feeds the beast. I´ll go with passive again, and just stay docked up. Of course knowing my luck after this thread people will go out of their way to war dec my little corp, just because they can and they think I am being "special".

And before you say, "Oh maybe this game is not for you.", let me disabuse you of that notion. I was in Ultima Online back in the day and when they introduced the horror of Trammel, I remained in Felucca for most of my adventures. I enjoy the spectacle of watching the horror of human nature display itself online Twisted

For now, I am taking the opportunity to play around with an Alpha (ok, ok, I made him an Omega for a month to speed up his training....) for venture adventures!
Chainsaw Plankton
FaDoyToy
#32 - 2017-05-01 19:38:35 UTC
Percy Cuscaden wrote:
I have a similar problem, I am an on and off player. I have my own Corp which only has two active players, me and one other chap. I have been in my Corp for over 13 years. We are getting random war decs from "RIOT" and " I Know Right " alliances.

I am now thinking of quitting my own corp just so I do not have to deal with war decs which I have 0 interest in. My choices are to logoff for a week or quit to an NPC corp so I can avoid this nonsense where Alliances with hundreds of players can pick on a corp with two active players.

Call me a care bear, whatever you want etc., I deal with the gankers etc., but war decs from alliances with hundreds of players against a two man active corp, I have no interest in dealing with.

go play around in low/null/wh space for the week, try something different. Heck you can stay right in highsec and try trading or manufacturing, have courier contracts deliver things for you, you don't ever have to undock.

at some point you or a corp member did something to make you a target, probably flying a blinged up ship in a mission hub, or flying a freighter though a pipe, maybe talked trash in local, also did you put any assets in space those are prime targets. heck if you want to get paranoid maybe your "buddy" is a spy giving intel on you to the enemy, or you are the spy and are posting here to make your buddy feel safe about you. Any way you look and sound like easy prey so I'm not too surprised. Most wardec alliances just dec as many people as they can to hopefully find targets.

@ChainsawPlankto on twitter

Valkin Mordirc
#33 - 2017-05-01 19:48:45 UTC  |  Edited by: Valkin Mordirc
Percy Cuscaden wrote:


I am not like that. I am the peaceful type. I would never just war dec someone for high jinks. I would not fit in with CODE at all Roll

I could pay someone larger to slap them, but that just feeds the beast. I´ll go with passive again, and just stay docked up. Of course knowing my luck after this thread people will go out of their way to war dec my little corp, just because they can and they think I am being "special".


I was an active type player. I don't like repetitive mechanics in a game. I don't like to grind, but I don't go around saying that missions are absolutely not fun. I'll voice my opinion about it from time to time. I however don't complain about it like it ruins my game. I find other ways and made Isk outside of the Mission/Ratter/Anom PVE type grind.

Why should the game adapt to you? Or to anyone who doesn't like a certain mechanic when it's explicitly designed to give some multiple course of actions, that all have their own bonuses and consequences, if they don't like a certain set of mechanics?

Don't like Wars? Stay in an NPC corp. Don't like being in an NPC and don't like wars, Join a PVE corp in Nullsec.

If you want to have a Corp in Highsec, and do corpy things in Highsec. You need to be prepared to handle the trade-offs of that choice. Avoiding an aggressor is unbelievably easy now. The fact that we still get people complaining about it is ridiculous. It has been getting more and more ridiculous as the years pass by.

Even if you have been semi-active during those 13 years, you would be understanding of all of this, or at least have some inkling of how to handle a wardec other than docking up.
#DeleteTheWeak
Ralph King-Griffin
New Eden Tech Support
#34 - 2017-05-01 19:55:22 UTC
Percy Cuscaden wrote:
I am not like that. I am the peaceful type.

ah right so, this is pretty much the definition of "PEBCAK"
Percy Cuscaden
Easy Company
#35 - 2017-05-01 20:03:48 UTC  |  Edited by: Percy Cuscaden
Ralph King-Griffin wrote:

ah right so, this is pretty much the definition of "PEBCAK"


No "problem" here buddy. The person between the chair and keyboard is doing just fine.
Starrakatt
Celtic Anarchy
Dead Terrorists
#36 - 2017-05-01 21:01:11 UTC
Percy Cuscaden wrote:
Keno Skir wrote:


Right, so leave the corp. Being in a PLAYER CORP means you have DELIBERATELY opened yourself up to wardecs. It's assumed that if you didn't want to be open to wardecs you wouldn't have chosen to be in a player corp where you trade the lower tax for the chance of war.

I assume you want 0 tax, as well as no war.. and everything else risk free too.

You said you deal with gankers, why are you choosing to not deal with wardecs?

I re-iterate : Being in a PLAYER CORP is a trade off like everything in EvE. You get lower taxes and your own flag, in return for defending yourself from other player corps.


I did not even know about the tax issue until today. Not fussed about the tax issue at all.

Gankers face consequences. A big alliance faces no consequences when they war dec a small corp. There is no risk for them.

Of course I can leave the corp, but being OCD I hate the idea of leaving my corp which I have been in for 13 years. I totally acknowledge this means nothing to most of you who are probably in out of corps like there is no tomorrow. But I am not like that! More fool me.

You do realize that your corp have been Wardecced SIX times in 13 years?

I Wardecced you myself out of my own pocket when I was in FA, likely because I saw one of you fly something really expensive and that I could. We got 0 kills, never renewed it because of it. Casual wars are casual, and only recurr if they are successfull (i.e we get kills). 6 Wardecs his is an insignificant number, believe me.

Second: 3 of the 6 Wardecs are recents. Why? Because you chose to undock a few hundred millions in mining ships while at war, which is the perfectly wrong thing to do. What did you expect? Or do you not read your War Notficiations?

If you hadn't lost these ships, then you'd likely not have a Wardec for a while. Now, those that noticed plan on 'stupid' and hope to repeat the feat. Most of losses in Hisec Wars are due to players being inatentive, lazy, ignorant or stupid.

There is no excuse for the first 3 reasons, 4th can't be cured.

P.S Being an Alpha doesn't protect you from a Wardec if you are in a player corp.
Keno Skir
#37 - 2017-05-01 21:48:58 UTC  |  Edited by: Keno Skir
Percy Cuscaden wrote:
Of course I can leave the corp, but being OCD I hate the idea of leaving my corp


Literally end of thread. This is not a valid reason to change a playstyle / mechanic.

EDIT : Hahahahaha i just read the post above and discovered you've had 6 wars in 13 years..
Nalia White
Tencus
#38 - 2017-05-01 21:49:56 UTC
drop all to npc corps and open a chat for yourself. you can even open an password protected officer chat. so you can guys can chat with each other and do stuff easely together.

if you want to have assets in space, you must be prepared to defend them. if you don't need assets in space, you don't need a corp. chats can do all the stuff for you!

Syndicate - K5-JRD

Home to few, graveyard for many

My biggest achievement

Percy Cuscaden
Easy Company
#39 - 2017-05-01 21:57:58 UTC
Starrakatt wrote:

You do realize that your corp have been Wardecced SIX times in 13 years?

I Wardecced you myself out of my own pocket when I was in FA, likely because I saw one of you fly something really expensive and that I could. We got 0 kills, never renewed it because of it. Casual wars are casual, and only recurr if they are successfull (i.e we get kills). 6 Wardecs his is an insignificant number, believe me.


I just logged off for the week at that time.

Starrakatt wrote:

Second: 3 of the 6 Wardecs are recents. Why? Because you chose to undock a few hundred millions in mining ships while at war, which is the perfectly wrong thing to do. What did you expect? Or do you not read your War Notficiations?


Sure I saw it, caught fair and square. No complaints about the lost ships. It happens.

I still think the war dec mechanic is a bad mechanic. Corps are the only forms of player associations, trying to keep friends together should not be a PITA. It should be something which encourages players to come back to the game from time to time, not something that ostracises active players out of a structure where they can find their friends because the risk of going up against a large corp is insurmountable for a small corp in what is meant to be an area of space that is somewhat safer than low/null.

Starrakatt wrote:

If you hadn't lost these ships, then you'd likely not have a Wardec for a while. Now, those that noticed plan on 'stupid' and hope to repeat the feat. Most of losses in Hisec Wars are due to players being inatentive, lazy, ignorant or stupid.

There is no excuse for the first 3 reasons, 4th can't be cured.

P.S Being an Alpha doesn't protect you from a Wardec if you are in a player corp.


P.S. Alpha is sitting in his NPC corp.
Starrakatt
Celtic Anarchy
Dead Terrorists
#40 - 2017-05-01 22:55:55 UTC
Percy Cuscaden wrote:


I still think the war dec mechanic is a bad mechanic. Corps are the only forms of player associations, trying to keep friends together should not be a PITA. It should be something which encourages players to come back to the game from time to time, not something that ostracises active players out of a structure where they can find their friends because the risk of going up against a large corp is insurmountable for a small corp in what is meant to be an area of space that is somewhat safer than low/null.
Wardecs are the only mean to have conflicts in Hisec - Conflict mechanics are necessary to remove Concord intervention and allow corps to fight over whatever.

Not saying the mechanics are perfect, far from it, but Wardecs, in one form or another, are there to stay.

Hisec IS somewhat safer (mechanically wise), as you know that aside for the odd gank only Wardecs can touch you, and you see them coming through a nice 24 hrs warning.

Blobbing happens everywhere in EVE, not only Hisec. So yeah, if you get Wardecced it is usually going to be by bigger fishes than you are.

We got blobbed by PL a couple weeks ago: It wasn't 'fair', still happened.

Quote:

P.S. Alpha is sitting in his NPC corp.

Good.

Besides, you get a chance to do stuff you haven't done in many years, like starting up a new toon and do Tutorials.