These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Player Features and Ideas Discussion

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
 

Corporate/Fleet Duel Option

Author
X Gallentius
Easy Eight
#1 - 2017-03-28 16:04:34 UTC  |  Edited by: X Gallentius
There should be one. Just like when two individuals want to duke it out in an honor brawl, it would be really cool if director's from two different corporations could accept a duel for each corporation.

Ditto "Fleet Duel" option where the owners of each fleet could duel each other.

(War decs are not impromptu enough)
Frostys Virpio
KarmaFleet
Goonswarm Federation
#2 - 2017-03-28 16:10:09 UTC
X Gallentius wrote:
There should be one. Just like when two individuals want to duke it out in an honor brawl, it would be really cool if director's from two different corporations could accept a duel for each corporation.

Ditto "Fleet Duel" option where the owners of each fleet could duel each other.

(War decs are not impromptu enough)


You are in low-sec, just shoot each others...
Ralph King-Griffin
New Eden Tech Support
#3 - 2017-03-28 16:21:01 UTC
Drop MTU
Shoot MTU
??????????
Asplode!
Cade Windstalker
#4 - 2017-03-28 19:11:12 UTC
It's called a war-dec...
Eye-Luv-Girls wDaddyIssues
Hookers N' Blow
#5 - 2017-03-28 19:31:59 UTC
Come on man, like how much safer to you need hisec to be it isnt safe enough?

Go to lowsec or go to nullsec like a real man.

Edit: Or woman there are lots of capable women in low/null
Sonya Corvinus
Grant Village
#6 - 2017-03-29 22:36:34 UTC
Stop living in HS. Problem solved.
X Gallentius
Easy Eight
#7 - 2017-03-29 22:53:57 UTC
I guess by your standards, player duels should be eliminated as well. (?)
Kenrailae
Center for Advanced Studies
Gallente Federation
#8 - 2017-03-30 01:18:57 UTC
Militia not able to pee vee pee safe enough????

The Law is a point of View

The NPE IS a big deal

Black Pedro
Mine.
#9 - 2017-03-30 09:40:42 UTC
X Gallentius wrote:
There should be one. Just like when two individuals want to duke it out in an honor brawl, it would be really cool if director's from two different corporations could accept a duel for each corporation.

Ditto "Fleet Duel" option where the owners of each fleet could duel each other.

(War decs are not impromptu enough)
This seems like it would be a mess to code and the fleet option especially a great loophole to shoot people against their will in highsec without CONCORD getting involved. Just use the wardec mechanic, join the same corp and turn off the anti-AWOXing flag, go find a quiet systems have both sides go suspect or just quit being a scaredy-cat and just go to lowsec and duke it out there.

You have plenty of options already to have an arranged fight. I don't think there are that many spontaneous honour brawls to merit the developer time to build such a system and the added risk it would present to innocent carebears who won't like getting exploded by simply joining a fleet or corporation.
Fek Mercer
Native Freshfood
Minmatar Republic
#10 - 2017-04-01 06:44:59 UTC
sheesh, I don't know what is wrong with the people in this thread. I think if two fleet commanders want to honour fight, then this suggestion would be a convenient method to do that.
Black Pedro
Mine.
#11 - 2017-04-01 07:03:44 UTC
Fek Mercer wrote:
sheesh, I don't know what is wrong with the people in this thread. I think if two fleet commanders want to honour fight, then this suggestion would be a convenient method to do that.

Let me spell it out to you:

1) You join mining fleet (or incursion fleet, or whatever fleet)
2) Fleet commander accepts duel from his friend
3) You die to this friend without CONCORD getting involved

While this may make things more interesting, I don't think giving the fleet commander the ability to turn off CONCORD protection for you is a very good idea and you probably shouldn't think so either.
X Gallentius
Easy Eight
#12 - 2017-04-01 16:58:22 UTC
Black Pedro wrote:
Fek Mercer wrote:
sheesh, I don't know what is wrong with the people in this thread. I think if two fleet commanders want to honour fight, then this suggestion would be a convenient method to do that.

Let me spell it out to you:

1) You join mining fleet (or incursion fleet, or whatever fleet)
2) Fleet commander accepts duel from his friend
3) You die to this friend without CONCORD getting involved

While this may make things more interesting, I don't think giving the fleet commander the ability to turn off CONCORD protection for you is a very good idea and you probably shouldn't think so either.

Yeah that seems a bit harsh. Didn't think about this aspect of it.