These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
123Next pageLast page
 

We Welcome Our New Microtransaction Overlords

Author
Drake Aihaken
CODE.d
#1 - 2017-03-17 06:49:42 UTC  |  Edited by: Drake Aihaken
With the proposed PLEX changes, it looks like we'll soon be getting more microtransactions. Instead of debating whether not this is a good idea (fairly certain these are here to stay), let's discuss what additions and ideas might be expanded with microtransactions.

* More ship SKINs (obviously), but also new Alliance SKINs
* Attribute remaps (take effect immediately)
* Name changes (not sure if this is practicle or not)
* Vanity items: Hats, capes and beards (including neck variant) just to name a few

Some ideas that are bound to be more controversial:

* Skill training accelerators (24-hours).
* Crime immunity (triggers a 30-second invulnerability/warp core bonus when the victim of a criminal attack; not applicable in null-sec or wormhole space). Can only be used once every 72 hours.
* Premium Empire ships (the specs for these would fall somewhere between AT and Pirate Faction hulls).
* Drifter characters and ships.
Aiwha
Infinite Point
Test Alliance Please Ignore
#2 - 2017-03-17 07:12:21 UTC
>New


lol, we all knew this was coming the moment they started selling hats.

Sanity is fun leaving the body.

Bjorn Tyrson
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#3 - 2017-03-17 07:14:12 UTC
Drake Aihaken wrote:
With the proposed PLEX changes, it looks like we'll soon be getting more microtransactions. Instead of debating whether not this is a good idea (fairly certain these are here to stay), let's discuss what additions and ideas might be expanded with microtransactions.

* More ship SKINs (obviously), but also new Alliance SKINs
* Attribute remaps (take effect immediately)
* Name changes (not sure if this is practicle or not)
* Vanity items: Hats, capes and beards (including neck variant) just to name a few

Some ideas that are bound to be more controversial:

* Skill training accelerators (24-hours).
* Crime immunity (triggers a 30-second invulnerability/warp core bonus when the victim of a criminal attack; not applicable in null-sec or wormhole space). Can only be used once every 72 hours.
* Premium Empire ships (the specs for these would fall somewhere between AT and Pirate Faction hulls).
* Drifter characters and ships.


Yes
No
No
Yes

Maybe
**** no
**** no!
**** no.
Tanuki Kittybeta
Ripperoni in Pepperoni
#4 - 2017-03-17 07:38:16 UTC
drifter ammo that does omni damage and improve tracking. also has a chance to break the target's lock - 100 per uplex/ 1000 ammo
slot bonus upgrade, adds a slot of your choice (low, med, high, rig) to a ship - 150 uplex for 1 day/15 plexes permanent
resistant skins, special ship skins that gives resists - 100 uplex 1 day/10 plexes permanent

here we go
JC Mieyli
Ministry of War
Amarr Empire
#5 - 2017-03-17 07:50:04 UTC
Tanuki Kittybeta wrote:
drifter ammo that does omni damage and improve tracking. also has a chance to break the target's lock - 100 per uplex/ 1000 ammo
slot bonus upgrade, adds a slot of your choice (low, med, high, rig) to a ship - 150 uplex for 1 day/15 plexes permanent
resistant skins, special ship skins that gives resists - 100 uplex 1 day/10 plexes permanent

here we go

make it golden ammo and its a deal
Do Little
Bluenose Trading
#6 - 2017-03-17 08:00:40 UTC
As long as the items you buy are cosmetic or need to be combined with something only available in-game to work (i.e. skill extractors), I don't have a problem and I doubt there will be much push back from the community.

If the NES starts selling things that confer an in-game advantage - i.e. implants or skins that provide a bonus, I think we'll have a problem. It will largely be a perceptual problem - we've been able to turn cash into PLEX and use it to buy things in-game for a long time but people will still perceive it as pay-to-win and object.

Otherwise, more granular PLEX is a good thing. Having 3 virtual currencies never made any sense. 2 are necessary - PLEX to real world currency exchange rate is constant. PLEX to ISK exchange rate floats.

I do think it will result in more business for the NES and provide a useful ISK sink for the game.
Linus Gorp
Ministry of Propaganda and Morale
#7 - 2017-03-17 08:28:00 UTC
Incarna is back.

When you don't know the difference between there, their, and they're, you come across as being so uneducated that your viewpoint can be safely dismissed. The literate is unlikely to learn much from the illiterate.

Vigirr
#8 - 2017-03-17 08:59:51 UTC
Zinfandel rises once again, we need our $1000 jeans.
March rabbit
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#9 - 2017-03-17 09:07:32 UTC
The real question is: why new char to post?

The Mittani: "the inappropriate drunked joke"

Lan Wang
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#10 - 2017-03-17 09:19:36 UTC
Drake Aihaken wrote:
Some ideas that are bound to be more controversial:

* Skill training accelerators (24-hours).
* Crime immunity (triggers a 30-second invulnerability/warp core bonus when the victim of a criminal attack; not applicable in null-sec or wormhole space). Can only be used once every 72 hours.
* Premium Empire ships (the specs for these would fall somewhere between AT and Pirate Faction hulls).
* Drifter characters and ships.


delete this before ccp see it

Domination Nephilim - Angel Cartel

Calm down miner. As you pointed out, people think they can get away with stuff they would not in rl... Like for example illegal mining... - Ima Wreckyou*

Lan Wang
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#11 - 2017-03-17 09:20:27 UTC
I WANT FEDORAS AND NAMECHANGES

Domination Nephilim - Angel Cartel

Calm down miner. As you pointed out, people think they can get away with stuff they would not in rl... Like for example illegal mining... - Ima Wreckyou*

Hir Miriel
Elves In Space
#12 - 2017-03-17 09:38:02 UTC
Money and time are both virtual items, and relate to each other.

Paying more means more done in the time. That's the simplified version.

So, what are things that take time that could be put into a fast queue, if you pay.

Training has been done.

Perhaps industrial building?

Perhaps Citadel building time?

Perhaps a faster industrial ship?

Faster auto-pilot?

A whole new universe of faster action beckons.

Some spoilsports might argue that it's pay to win.

But there is no win in EVE.




~ ~~ Thinking inside Schrodinger's sandbox. ~~ ~

Salvos Rhoska
#13 - 2017-03-17 10:12:55 UTC
Monocles and gold ammo, all over again.
Teros Hakomairos
Doomheim
#14 - 2017-03-17 11:40:02 UTC  |  Edited by: Teros Hakomairos
GUYS!!!

This is the curse of FTP.
It's now like it is and all the complaining is useless....

That this will come was clear the moment they called out FTP....

It's also clear that we will soon welcome "beta,gamma,delta and so on clones wihich will have "slight advantages" over alphas,but cost less than omegas....

Get used to it or cry in anger...it does not matter...no monocle riot this time like it was last time....the game has changed.players have changed......

They see no "problem" in those kind of microtransations like we did....

They know it from other games and find those kind of things "normal".

So no....no riots like a couple of years ago over the monocle....

Opinions against MT are outdated....they are a relict of better times.....

THIS is reality today....MT are "normal".....
JC Mieyli
Ministry of War
Amarr Empire
#15 - 2017-03-17 11:42:08 UTC
keep calm and carry on shooting red crosses (but dont violate the geneva convention) looks like theyre gonna have to be green crosses now
Anthar Thebess
#16 - 2017-03-17 12:11:21 UTC
GOLD AMMO
Instant ship repair
instant teleportation between systems
apply 100 plex to reduce production time by 25%
and other similar stuff.
Salvos Rhoska
#17 - 2017-03-17 12:32:27 UTC
The really funny thing, is they seem to think the PLEX tycoons and EVE rich will buy any of these.
Soel Reit
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#18 - 2017-03-17 12:34:17 UTC
Item Shop Soon™

oh baby i can't wait Cool
Kaybella Hakaari
State War Academy
Caldari State
#19 - 2017-03-17 12:36:19 UTC
Salvos Rhoska wrote:
The really funny thing, is they seem to think the PLEX tycoons and EVE rich will buy any of these.

The problem, for the rest of us, is some of them will.
Soel Reit
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#20 - 2017-03-17 12:38:24 UTC
Kaybella Hakaari wrote:
Salvos Rhoska wrote:
The really funny thing, is they seem to think the PLEX tycoons and EVE rich will buy any of these.

The problem, for the rest of us, is some of them will.


obviously they will!
seen it happening in so many games!

just a matter of time sadly.
123Next pageLast page