These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Out of Pod Experience

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
Previous page12
 

Alpha State

First post
Author
Kaivarian Coste
Whale Patrol
#21 - 2017-03-03 14:14:45 UTC
Sad!
Akrasjel Lanate
Lanate Industries
#22 - 2017-03-03 14:15:19 UTC
It's a trial. Roll

CEO of Lanate Industries

Citizen of Solitude

Hakawai
State War Academy
Caldari State
#23 - 2017-03-03 14:24:39 UTC
There's a huge difference in potential ISK income between

  • An Alpha that's part of a nullsec organization and can earn nullsec ISK undisturbed
  • An Alpha that's still struggling to figure EVE out and/or hasn't found a suitable Corp yet


Check your facts and include your assumptions before claiming Alphas can easily earn a lot of ISK. And AFAIK you can't extract and sell your first 5 mill SP (or can't make a profit doing it) specifically so Alphas can't generate income that way.

What good are irrelevant comments and inaccurate claims to someone on a trial? Do you imagine that claiming results only a small proportion of Alphas will actually achieve will be good for Alpha retention?
Lan Wang
Knights of the Posing Meat
#24 - 2017-03-03 14:38:30 UTC
Hakawai wrote:
There's a huge difference in potential ISK income between

  • An Alpha that's part of a nullsec organization and can earn nullsec ISK undisturbed
  • An Alpha that's still struggling to figure EVE out and/or hasn't found a suitable Corp yet


Check your facts and include your assumptions before claiming Alphas can easily earn a lot of ISK. And AFAIK you can't extract and sell your first 5 mill SP (or can't make a profit doing it) specifically so Alphas can't generate income that way.

What good are irrelevant comments and inaccurate claims to someone on a trial? Do you imagine that claiming results only a small proportion of Alphas will actually achieve will be good for Alpha retention?


did you miss the part where he said he has been playing for 2 years?

Domination Nephilim - Angel Cartel

Calm down miner. As you pointed out, people think they can get away with stuff they would not in rl... Like for example illegal mining... - Ima Wreckyou*

Hakawai
State War Academy
Caldari State
#25 - 2017-03-03 15:17:40 UTC
Lan Wang wrote:
did you miss the part where he said he has been playing for 2 years?

I noted the thread title ("Alpha State") and read the original post, where he mentions he doesn't want to spend more RL money with CCP. You should try reading the posts you reply to some time - it would greatly improve the relevance of your responses.

Back on topic - the OP seems to be a "Swan Song", so the odds are good that the original poster will not be back ...

... but the disinformation / foolish boasting will be visible on the forum for a while, and the title will probably attract Alpha Clones, some of whom are using an Alpha as their first EVE trial. For that group it's potentially quite harmful.
ISD Chanisa Nemes
ISD Community Communications Liaisons
#26 - 2017-03-03 15:21:34 UTC
Quote:

Forum rules

33. "Quitting" posts are only permitted on the Out of Pod Experience channel.

CCP recognize that during the course of gameplay a lot of friendships are made between players and that sometimes if a player is taking a break or departing from the EVE universe that they would like to say goodbye on the forums. Posts of this nature are only permitted on the Out of Pod Experience forum, and must be civil and well worded.




Thread has been moved to Out of Pod Experience.

ISD Chanisa Nemes

Lieutenant

Community Communication Liaisons (CCLs)

Interstellar Services Department

StonerPhReaK
Herb Men
#27 - 2017-03-03 15:22:36 UTC
You know its gonna be a unique rant when a barge is mentioned within the first three lines. Roll

Signatures wer cooler when we couldn't remove them completely.

Ijon-Tichy
Ze One Man Show
#28 - 2017-03-03 20:23:11 UTC
Hakawai wrote:
Lan Wang wrote:
did you miss the part where he said he has been playing for 2 years?

I noted the thread title ("Alpha State") and read the original post, where he mentions he doesn't want to spend more RL money with CCP. You should try reading the posts you reply to some time - it would greatly improve the relevance of your responses.

Back on topic - the OP seems to be a "Swan Song", so the odds are good that the original poster will not be back ...

... but the disinformation / foolish boasting will be visible on the forum for a while, and the title will probably attract Alpha Clones, some of whom are using an Alpha as their first EVE trial. For that group it's potentially quite harmful.


Nope, Lang Wang got it right and it seems you didn't read the OP. He was subbed for two years, can't afford 10 bucks a month and can t afford to grind EVE 4 hours a day either. The thing is: When you play EVE for two years you should have ways to earn enough ISK in far less than 4 hours and never drop down to Alpha in the first place. OP complains that highsec mining won't do the trick and is probably right with that. But there are other ways and some are even open to clever alpha players.

Gregorius Goldstein
Queens of the Drone Age
#29 - 2017-03-03 20:27:45 UTC
StonerPhReaK wrote:
You know its gonna be a unique rant when a barge is mentioned within the first three lines. Roll


With all the "but all I wanted to do is to mine in highsec in peace" threads one wonders if a "Mining in Space" simulator would make you rich. Or would it be lame without the space wars because everything was just as meaningless as it could be....
Yiole Gionglao
#30 - 2017-03-03 21:12:01 UTC  |  Edited by: Yiole Gionglao
Morkan Damosty wrote:
Hi everyone,

If you're not a new gamer, the Alpha state is useless.

You can't do anything, even unable to fly a simple Procurer. You can just connect and see that your account is still there.

No skills training (basic skills are trained for a date), no planetary interaction, no fly with common ships.

Just kidding...

Pay your account ? Sorry, too expensive, I gave enough money to CCP. Not everyone can offer such price.

Make money in game to buy Plex ? Oh... there is real life, not time to spend 4 hours a day to get in game money.

So ?

So, after two years of training skills, I have to leave that game. So sad.

Happily there is a huge number of other games to play as interesting and less expensive.

So, have fun.


You're doing it wrong. Play EVE Online? Pffft. The real fun is reading and writing about EVE. This also gives you time to play videogames and have some fun without bothering/worrying yourself with whatever stupid is on the works at CCP's offices.

Roses are red / Violets are blue / I am an alpha / And so it's you

Val Kaleth
Realm of Mischief
DammFam
#31 - 2017-03-04 01:31:26 UTC  |  Edited by: Val Kaleth
Pfft, I came back as Alpha, and now PLEX 2 accounts with isk.

What ridiculous entitlement makes them think getting something is crap, when they could be getting nothing. Or why they think they should get everything for free. EVE is a service, it costs them to maintain and improve it, asking for a fee is not only reasonable, it's required.

I can sympathize with not having $$ RL because I also have very little. But at the same time, appreciate what you get for free!.

P.S. point of fact, every single MMO subscription, is nearly exactly what EVE charges.

Feel free to join me in game in the "Realm of Mischief" channel.

🇮🇪

disappears in a cloud of rust

Veine Miromme
Gallente Federation
#32 - 2017-03-04 17:47:24 UTC
You clearly omitted the fact that someone like me or another person altogether can actually pay for your 30 days PLEX which would let you play for free.

And yes, I am so exaggerating at the exact proper amount of proportion.


Oh yes,
+ [ x ] Receive notifications for this topic

Ship Type : Out of pod (for now)

Ijon-Tichy
Ze One Man Show
#33 - 2017-03-06 08:40:34 UTC
Val Kaleth wrote:

What ridiculous entitlement makes them think getting something is crap, when they could be getting nothing.


I always blame the parents Pirate
Ranzabar
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#34 - 2017-03-07 03:50:21 UTC
Morkan Damosty wrote:
Hi everyone,

If you're not a new gamer, the Alpha state is useless.

You can't do anything, even unable to fly a simple Procurer. You can just connect and see that your account is still there.

No skills training (basic skills are trained for a date), no planetary interaction, no fly with common ships.

Just kidding...

Pay your account ? Sorry, too expensive, I gave enough money to CCP. Not everyone can offer such price.

Make money in game to buy Plex ? Oh... there is real life, not time to spend 4 hours a day to get in game money.

So ?

So, after two years of training skills, I have to leave that game. So sad.

Happily there is a huge number of other games to play as interesting and less expensive.

So, have fun.


I've done this many times. You'll be back

Abide

Yebo Lakatosh
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#35 - 2017-03-09 12:06:12 UTC  |  Edited by: Yebo Lakatosh
Welcome from the freshly Omega'd F2P bum! Ooow, space smells nice up here.


Playing since january, and just made the price of the first plex in two afternoons. I'm tempted to tell the OP to "git good"... but it's not my merit. Hakawai is right for once. A decade worth of organized knowledge of thousands of players dwarfs my humble and brief efforts of finding my ways around New Eden.

As I can't sub, I will contribute to the well-being of CCP by aspiring, conspiring and scheming in order to facilitate the destruction of numerous assets of the enemies of the Imperium (neutrals included). I feel to have two debts I'll never be able to fully repay.

Oooow, but it will be so joyful to try.


I should come up with a new sig. It wasn't that hard.

Elite F1 pilot since YC119, incarnate of honor, integrity and tidi.

Previous page12