These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

CSM Campaigns

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
 

Arenthor Doran For CSMXII

Author
Arenthor Doran
KarmaFleet
Goonswarm Federation
#1 - 2017-01-20 22:42:13 UTC  |  Edited by: Arenthor Doran
I'm Arenthor Doran and this is my favourite campaign on the citadel!

Who am I?
I’m Arenthor and I’ve been playing EVE for just over 3 years continuously. I had previous forays into EVE but fell victim to the poor NPE at the time. Over this time I’ve explored most parts of eve from exploration, mining and ratting, to small gang, solo and blob level PVP. Whilst I’ve tried most things I’ve recently settled on FCing and exploration mostly with a bit industry added on the side.

My History
Current: Goonswarm Federation – After the start of the tribute war between TESTCO and Panfam I moved down the goons, in which I’ve resumed my industry and exploration as well as FCing small/mid gang subcap fleets.

CO2 – Joined with corp more than joining out of choice, after drama between Infensus and Sort dragon our corp looked for a safe haven. They found that in CO2 in which we had been a member of years previous. A good alliance however the culture of the alliance did not suit me and thus prompted my move to goons.

Infensus – After the fall of Vale during world war bee my corp at the time (BLK-S) formed with Quovis to forge our own alliance. We started of by living out lowsec blopsing and generally harassing test who just moved in. We then moved up to branch as part of the GOTG coalition. A few months peacefully here then resulted in our sudden evacuation after drama with sort dragon.

Bastion
FCON
CO2
Blacksteel mining and manufacturing – Standard newbro mistake, I fell into a rut just after I started with a HS mining corp, Thankfully I moved as I started to burn out and thus saved my entire eve career. In a way I have to thank these guys for making me the player I am today.

So why should you vote for me?
• Not one of the eve famous club who seem to dominate the CSM elections
• Independent – My views are my own and are developed from talks with people I play with throughout various parts of the game from null to WH to lowsec.
• Easy to contact – As a member of the CSM I would make it a priority to ensure I keep in contact with the rest of the player base, I regularly attend meetups in the UK such as EVE_NT and I’m looking to expand this to Evesterdam this year. Talking to players at meet ups, via in game chat and mail, via reddit or the eve forums I can see what issues are effecting you! As well as communicate our work to you.



My positions

High level over view of my campaign is to promote further development of the NPE, the new tutorials are a great step in the right direction from CCP and the work of group such as horde/karma/E-UNI can't be ignored either. However after the tutorial and unless you find one of theese groups and join many of them are still getting sucked into the age old highsec mining corp where they burn out after a month.

Continuation of feature in citadels, one point was to push for insrance in citadels however this has now been announced. Continuting to work with CCP in regards to the features we want to see from Citadels, not jsut ones that are missing, but to refine and tweak thoose that are already in.

The age old, sov needs to be changed a compelte overhaul is not required but a change to sov such as maybe scripting entosis links to a attack and defence mode, could add a new dynamic, especially with alliances being able to activly defend each others sov or subtly take it from under them.

Changes to factional warfare, whilst I'ma dmitatly not an expert on this feature, I have used it before and have talked to people who take part in it, many of whom are not happy with the current mechanic. This would require further discussion with lwosec/FW groups before I make any further comments on it.

Any questions please feel free to add them blow or messages me in game

Arenthor Doran
CSMXII Candidate
Blinky Jimmy
Drop the Soap
Pandemic Legion
#2 - 2017-01-22 02:25:33 UTC  |  Edited by: Blinky Jimmy
Do you have any.... y'know.... positions? That you might want to state? You say your views are developed yourself. What are they? Why do you consider not being "eve famous" a benefit? It doesn't have to be a point against you but I think not being known for actually having done anything shouldn't be considered a qualification for representing hundreds of thousands of people. -1 until you tell me what you actually want to do. As it is you haven't given one single specific detail.
Arenthor Doran
KarmaFleet
Goonswarm Federation
#3 - 2017-01-22 18:25:26 UTC
Blinky Jimmy wrote:
Do you have any.... y'know.... positions? That you might want to state? You say your views are developed yourself. What are they? Why do you consider not being "eve famous" a benefit? It doesn't have to be a point against you but I think not being known for actually having done anything shouldn't be considered a qualification for representing hundreds of thousands of people. -1 until you tell me what you actually want to do. As it is you haven't given one single specific detail.



You make a good point there.


High level over view of my campaign is to promote further development of the NPE, the new tutorials are a great step in the right direction from CCP and the work of group such as horde/karma/E-UNI can't be ignored either. However after the tutorial and unless you find one of theese groups and join many of them are still getting sucked into the age old highsec mining corp where they burn out after a month.

Continuation of feature in citadels, one point was to push for insrance in citadels however this has now been announced. Continuting to work with CCP in regards to the features we want to see from Citadels, not jsut ones that are missing, but to refine and tweak thoose that are already in.

The age old, sov needs to be changed a compelte overhaul is not required but a change to sov such as maybe scripting entosis links to a attack and defence mode, could add a new dynamic, especially with alliances being able to activly defend each others sov or subtly take it from under them.

Changes to factional warfare, whilst I'ma dmitatly not an expert on this feature, I have used it before and have talked to people who take part in it, many of whom are not happy with the current mechanic. This would require further discussion with lwosec/FW groups before I make any further comments on it.
Blinky Jimmy
Drop the Soap
Pandemic Legion
#4 - 2017-01-22 20:25:36 UTC
Arenthor Doran wrote:
Blinky Jimmy wrote:
Do you have any.... y'know.... positions? That you might want to state? You say your views are developed yourself. What are they? Why do you consider not being "eve famous" a benefit? It doesn't have to be a point against you but I think not being known for actually having done anything shouldn't be considered a qualification for representing hundreds of thousands of people. -1 until you tell me what you actually want to do. As it is you haven't given one single specific detail.



You make a good point there.


High level over view of my campaign is to promote further development of the NPE, the new tutorials are a great step in the right direction from CCP and the work of group such as horde/karma/E-UNI can't be ignored either. However after the tutorial and unless you find one of theese groups and join many of them are still getting sucked into the age old highsec mining corp where they burn out after a month.

Continuation of feature in citadels, one point was to push for insrance in citadels however this has now been announced. Continuting to work with CCP in regards to the features we want to see from Citadels, not jsut ones that are missing, but to refine and tweak thoose that are already in.

The age old, sov needs to be changed a compelte overhaul is not required but a change to sov such as maybe scripting entosis links to a attack and defence mode, could add a new dynamic, especially with alliances being able to activly defend each others sov or subtly take it from under them.

Changes to factional warfare, whilst I'ma dmitatly not an expert on this feature, I have used it before and have talked to people who take part in it, many of whom are not happy with the current mechanic. This would require further discussion with lwosec/FW groups before I make any further comments on it.


I hate to keep ripping on you but the only specific thing you said in that whole wall of text is scriptable entosis links.
Rosewalker
Khumaak Flying Circus
#5 - 2017-01-29 17:27:24 UTC
I just have a few questions I wonder if you wouldn't mind answering.

1. You stated that you are not one of the “eve famous club.” What advantages do you think you bring to the CSM because you are not e-famous?

2. While in Infensus, you stated you were involved in black ops. Was that as an FC or just a regular fleet member? Did you maintain your interest in black ops until today?

3. You indicated you like exploration. Do you run combat sites, or are you attracted more to hacking? Also, do you think the rewards for exploration are in a good state?

4. You stated you do a bit of industry on the side. As a member of Goonswarm, I assume you do this in null sec. What type of industry do you do and do you use citadels?

5.You started as a high sec miner and consider that occupation a rut that leads to burnout. Do you just consider mining bad, or is it all of high sec?

Thank you.

The Nosy Gamer - CCP Random: "hehe, falls under the category: nice try, but no. ;)"

Aram Kachaturian
Aram Pleasure Hub Holding
#6 - 2017-01-29 18:34:11 UTC
>Absolute disaster of a portrait
> Random vague "ideas"
> No flavor
> Goonswarm "independent" pilot

2/10, 1 point for having a decent character name, 1 point for being "easy to contact"

Servant of the Secret League, Wielder of the Monocle Clubhouse Flame.

EVE Kaulis
Glory Hole Stopf Service
#7 - 2017-02-14 10:54:26 UTC
Banananananananana!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
DeMichael Crimson
Republic University
Minmatar Republic
#8 - 2017-03-02 17:56:50 UTC
Hello,

My question - what is your viewpoint regarding Faction standings and as a CSM member, what changes would you propose to CCP pertaining to game mechanics for Faction standings ?

Good luck to you in the upcoming CSM election.



DMC
Cochise Chiricahua
The Inglourious Bastards
Astral Battles
#9 - 2017-03-08 05:29:20 UTC
07 Candidate!

First, thank you for your time and effort (both present and future) in representing the capsuleers of New Eden! They’re much appreciated.

I’m preparing to cast my vote in the CSM12 elections. After reading the information you submitted, though, I still have a question.

By way of background, I started in Eve as a hauler, moving freight in T1 industrials and gradually working my way up in both ships and cargo. However, I repeatedly found my progress impeded by gankers who would destroy my ship and steal my cargo. In low- and null-sec space, that’s to be expected. You place your bet and take your chances. In high-sec space, however, this is very frustrating. Why have high-sec space at all then? This frustration drove me into anti-ganking, and I’ve been a proud member of Thomas en Chasteaux's High-Sec Militia for several months now.

So, my question. Where do you stand on high-sec ganking? I’ll concede that ganking is a legitimate style of game play, as CCP has ruled. But I also feel that it should be difficult and dangerous (for the ganker) in the 30% of New Eden designated as high-sec space. In particular, I’d like to see CCP tweak the game mechanics so that the criminal flag generated by looting a ganked freighter in high-sec space follows all players who handle that loot, and otherwise make looting more realistic. (Thomas en Chasteaux's ideas, not mine.)

As a member of the CSM, would you present such an idea to CCP? Would you push for its adoption? What other game changes might you consider to make high-sec ganking more difficult and less profitable?

Regards,
Cochise Chiricahua.