These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Player Features and Ideas Discussion

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
 

Sort watch list alphabetically

Author
Captain Campion
Campion Corp.
#1 - 2017-02-18 22:18:17 UTC
I'd like to be able to sort the watch list alphabetically.
Starrakatt
Celtic Anarchy
Dead Terrorists
#2 - 2017-02-18 22:38:44 UTC
There is no such thing as a Watchlist.

And if there was one, it would called a Buddylist, and it would already be sorted alphabetically.
Teckos Pech
Hogyoku
Goonswarm Federation
#3 - 2017-02-18 22:49:43 UTC
Starrakatt wrote:
There is no such thing as a Watchlist.

And if there was one, it would called a Buddylist, and it would already be sorted alphabetically.


You have never been in a fleet then?

Not a bad idea, would make finding people if you have several people added to your watchlist.

"The curious task of economics is to demonstrate to men how little they really know about what they imagine they can design."--Friedrich August von Hayek

8 Golden Rules for EVE Online

Lugh Crow-Slave
#4 - 2017-02-19 01:53:54 UTC
... or you could just add them alphabetically. to be honest if you have so many people in it that you need this you have to many on your watch list. Teach your fleet to broadcast
Teckos Pech
Hogyoku
Goonswarm Federation
#5 - 2017-02-19 02:35:47 UTC
Lugh Crow-Slave wrote:
... or you could just add them alphabetically. to be honest if you have so many people in it that you need this you have to many on your watch list. Teach your fleet to broadcast


To be fair sometimes in fleets there can be a number of "special snowflakes" when you are logi that if this were easy to do...I wouldn't mind.

"The curious task of economics is to demonstrate to men how little they really know about what they imagine they can design."--Friedrich August von Hayek

8 Golden Rules for EVE Online

Nat Silverguard
Aideron Robotics
Aideron Robotics.
#6 - 2017-02-19 07:57:10 UTC
i won't be even using this feature but i see no harm also.

i usually put the FC at top, then my 2 cap chain buddies, then the rest of the logibros, then ewars. the rest should broadcast.

Just Add Water

Lugh Crow-Slave
#7 - 2017-02-19 08:04:54 UTC  |  Edited by: Lugh Crow-Slave
Teckos Pech wrote:
Lugh Crow-Slave wrote:
... or you could just add them alphabetically. to be honest if you have so many people in it that you need this you have to many on your watch list. Teach your fleet to broadcast


To be fair sometimes in fleets there can be a number of "special snowflakes" when you are logi that if this were easy to do...I wouldn't mind.



yeah those ones just get to go pop with no srp otherwise something important will get popped because you were distracted
Lugh Crow-Slave
#8 - 2017-02-19 08:07:27 UTC
Nat Silverguard wrote:
i won't be even using this feature but i see no harm also.

i usually put the FC at top, then my 2 cap chain buddies, then the rest of the logibros, then ewars. the rest should broadcast.



i can see harm in it if i accedently hit the button trying to select some one in the wl.


tbh i can not see what situation it would be helpful in that just sorting your logi wl wouldn't cover
Donnachadh
United Allegiance of Undesirables
#9 - 2017-02-19 13:57:25 UTC
Teckos Pech wrote:
To be fair sometimes in fleets there can be a number of "special snowflakes" when you are logi that if this were easy to do...I wouldn't mind.

This would be a terrible idea I always add the "special snowflakes" or the really important people in a fleet for that matter first and then the rest after them. 100 times easier to find the important people in the list that way and I can be lazy and not have to remember their character names.
Daichi Yamato
Jabbersnarks and Wonderglass
#10 - 2017-02-19 14:15:04 UTC
I wouldn't use this but can't see why not. Just click name to sort by ascending/descending but also let me drag and drop them into any order i like.

For those worried about miss clicking, what about the ability to 'lock it'.

EVE FAQ "7.2 CAN I AVOID PVP COMPLETELY? No; there are no systems or locations in New Eden where PvP may be completely avoided"

Daichi Yamato's version of structure based decs

Wolfgang Jannesen
Imperial Academy
Amarr Empire
#11 - 2017-02-19 14:43:18 UTC
Nat Silverguard wrote:
i won't be even using this feature but i see no harm also.

i usually put the FC at top, then my 2 cap chain buddies, then the rest of the logibros, then ewars. the rest should broadcast.


IF THEY WERE GOING TO STRUCTURE IT, this is how I'd rather they do it, chain of command
Lugh Crow-Slave
#12 - 2017-02-19 15:35:59 UTC
Wolfgang Jannesen wrote:
Nat Silverguard wrote:
i won't be even using this feature but i see no harm also.

i usually put the FC at top, then my 2 cap chain buddies, then the rest of the logibros, then ewars. the rest should broadcast.


IF THEY WERE GOING TO STRUCTURE IT, this is how I'd rather they do it, chain of command

... but how does it know chain of command?



And I still haven't heard what extra utility this would provide over the overview
Cade Windstalker
#13 - 2017-02-19 16:11:26 UTC
Lugh Crow-Slave wrote:
... or you could just add them alphabetically. to be honest if you have so many people in it that you need this you have to many on your watch list. Teach your fleet to broadcast


There are other uses for a watchlist besides Logi, and generally speaking it would be nice to have a bit more functionality like sorting.

Heck, while we're at it can we get groups too, like the drones window?
Lugh Crow-Slave
#14 - 2017-02-19 16:34:27 UTC
Frostys Virpio
KarmaFleet
Goonswarm Federation
#15 - 2017-02-19 18:23:25 UTC
Captain Campion wrote:
I'd like to be able to sort the watch list alphabetically.


Click and drag.
Cade Windstalker
#16 - 2017-02-20 04:08:28 UTC
Lugh Crow-Slave wrote:
such as?


Generally keeping track of various people, roles, or that one idiot that never seems to catch the fleet warp. They're almost essential for anything that involves assigning drones too.

This sort of organization is especially important with the increased emphasis CCP has been putting on fleet based PvE.

Besides, generally speaking more robust tools allow for more complexity and player inventiveness, which is always fun.
Teckos Pech
Hogyoku
Goonswarm Federation
#17 - 2017-02-20 04:21:10 UTC
Frostys Virpio wrote:
Captain Campion wrote:
I'd like to be able to sort the watch list alphabetically.


Click and drag.


****. Does that work?

"The curious task of economics is to demonstrate to men how little they really know about what they imagine they can design."--Friedrich August von Hayek

8 Golden Rules for EVE Online

Lugh Crow-Slave
#18 - 2017-02-20 04:43:12 UTC
Cade Windstalker wrote:
Lugh Crow-Slave wrote:
such as?


Generally keeping track of various people, roles, or that one idiot that never seems to catch the fleet warp. They're almost essential for anything that involves assigning drones too.

This sort of organization is especially important with the increased emphasis CCP has been putting on fleet based PvE.

Besides, generally speaking more robust tools allow for more complexity and player inventiveness, which is always fun.




so nothing that isn't solved via sort by name in the overview or just setting up you wl correctly


doesnt seem worth the dev time
Cade Windstalker
#19 - 2017-02-20 15:51:03 UTC
Lugh Crow-Slave wrote:
so nothing that isn't solved via sort by name in the overview or just setting up you wl correctly


doesnt seem worth the dev time


Overview doesn't really work when you have significantly more pilots on grid than will fit on the watchlist, and while you can certainly setup a watchlist to do this manually it's finicky and even the existing click-drag sorting doesn't behave well sometimes.

I'm not saying this should be a high priority but I do think a rework of the Watchlist (and the fleet UI in general really) should be somewhere on CCP's to-do list.
Nat Silverguard
Aideron Robotics
Aideron Robotics.
#20 - 2017-02-20 18:39:17 UTC
Teckos Pech wrote:
Frostys Virpio wrote:
Captain Campion wrote:
I'd like to be able to sort the watch list alphabetically.


Click and drag.


****. Does that work?


in wl? yup

Just Add Water