These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
 

Ship Skins. When will we get some flashy skins to buy?

Author
Falicity Crendraven
Mission Ready Mining
Fly Fearless
#1 - 2017-02-01 18:57:07 UTC
When looking at the skins store many of the skins are very dark. The police skins are cool but other than that there is nothing that really jumps out to make we want to spend money on them. When two of the optional skins are different shades of the same color it does not make sense to purchase.

Make some skins that are flashy and worth spending money on like the police skins.

Just my observation on skins. :)
Lady Ayeipsia
BlueWaffe
#2 - 2017-02-01 19:22:21 UTC
Check the exhumers and mining barges. They have a few flashier colors. The Xmas/yuletide skins were also nice as they deviated from the normal pallet swap to a more patterned look.

That said, I would love to see a CCP design a skin contest. Give us a model of a ship in whatever format they use. Them challenge us to make a new skin. We could vote on best with prizes and CCP having final say and possibly an initial getting review so we don't get tasteless skins in the mix. As for if people would have the necessary software tools... I bet some would.
Arthur Aihaken
CODE.d
#3 - 2017-02-01 19:32:01 UTC
When you move to China.

I am currently away, traveling through time and will be returning last week.

Jenn aSide
Worthless Carebears
Test Alliance Please Ignore
#4 - 2017-02-01 19:52:13 UTC
Falicity Crendraven wrote:
When looking at the skins store many of the skins are very dark. The police skins are cool but other than that there is nothing that really jumps out to make we want to spend money on them. When two of the optional skins are different shades of the same color it does not make sense to purchase.

Make some skins that are flashy and worth spending money on like the police skins.

Just my observation on skins. :)


With the new Serpentis/Angel event announced today, you might get some of your wish. We'll have to wait and see.

https://updates.eveonline.com/card/5LvqR/the-guardian-s-gala/
Terminal Insanity
KarmaFleet
Goonswarm Federation
#5 - 2017-02-01 22:00:30 UTC
minmatar desperately needs skins. most of them are extremely slightly different shades of rust, and honestly you cant tell the difference unless you put them side by side.. the only exception to this is the Blue Tiger skins which are only nice on a few ships.

"War declarations are never officially considered griefing and are not a bannable offense, and it has been repeatedly stated by the developers that the possibility for non-consensual PvP is an intended feature." - CCP

Wolfgang Jannesen
Blades of Dawn
Stribog Clade
#6 - 2017-02-02 13:21:53 UTC
Terminal Insanity wrote:
minmatar desperately needs skins. most of them are extremely slightly different shades of rust, and honestly you cant tell the difference unless you put them side by side.. the only exception to this is the Blue Tiger skins which are only nice on a few ships.


Standard and the Krusual skins are the only two brown ones,,,
Rain6637
Simulacra and Simulation
Goonswarm Federation
#7 - 2017-02-02 13:27:51 UTC
Jenn aSide wrote:
Falicity Crendraven wrote:
When looking at the skins store many of the skins are very dark. The police skins are cool but other than that there is nothing that really jumps out to make we want to spend money on them. When two of the optional skins are different shades of the same color it does not make sense to purchase.

Make some skins that are flashy and worth spending money on like the police skins.

Just my observation on skins. :)


With the new Serpentis/Angel event announced today, you might get some of your wish. We'll have to wait and see.

https://updates.eveonline.com/card/5LvqR/the-guardian-s-gala/

Nice link, I forgot the Hyperion existed
Matthias Ancaladron
Imperial Shipment
Amarr Empire
#8 - 2017-02-02 16:14:10 UTC
Still waiting on a midnight gnosis skin that was supposed to be in game three weeks ago.
Arthur Aihaken
CODE.d
#9 - 2017-02-02 16:18:01 UTC
Matthias Ancaladron wrote:
Still waiting on a midnight gnosis skin that was supposed to be in game three weeks ago.

Don't forget the Mordus SKINs that vanished...

I am currently away, traveling through time and will be returning last week.

Cade Windstalker
#10 - 2017-02-02 16:24:40 UTC
CCP are rolling out more varried/interesting skins but some of the ships need their textures reworked to support more advanced skinning options. For example the Leviathan literally can't do more than the basic pallet swaps it already has without some serious art tweaking.

I think we'll start to see a lot more interesting skins as the art pipeline clears up as Citadel structures finish rolling out and the art team can spend more time on ships.
000Hunter000
Missiles 'R' Us
#11 - 2017-02-02 20:06:45 UTC
custom paintjobs, now THAT would be kewl! P

Also, adding your own decals! Big smile
Yarosara Ruil
Haighare Pirates
#12 - 2017-02-02 20:50:46 UTC
The real question is, when are we getting all the Guristas SKINs. Inquiring minds need to know!
Wanda Fayne
#13 - 2017-02-03 07:52:16 UTC
Obligatory Hello Kitty request...

"your comments just confirms this whole idea is totally pathetic" -Lan Wang-

  • - "hub humping station gamey neutral logi warspam wankery" -Ralph King-Griffin-