These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Player Features and Ideas Discussion

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
 

12 years, still no new mining ships (non-boosting) and...

Author
Archanasia
Herp Derp Corporation
#1 - 2016-12-04 21:36:59 UTC
I play this game every few years, and then drop it when I get busy. Since the beta there have been lots of great changes( it was horribly buggy in the beginning) and also few things that haven't changed. There are two things I would REALLY like to see added to this game, please! I'll code them myself if I need to, although I have no graphics skills so you'd end up with textureless cubes flying around EVE. Lol

1. Mining improvement: I know, I know, miners are boring and not 'capital ship cool', but they account for a large number of paying players and they need some love. Hulks, Macks, etc. are the largest 'standard' non-booster mining ship around, and have been that way since this game was in beta. Or were they tech 1 only back then, I forget, it's been more than a decade. How about some new battleship-sized miners instead of the cruiser sized Exhumers? Miners live in the stone age of this game. It's been 12-13 years and they need a larger ship class, not just a move to tech III or yet another skin for their ships. No more skins please, there are at least a dozen, how about a new ship class instead.

2. Large class battleships. Just like destroyers or battle-cruisers, battleships need a half-step larger cousin. Same turrets, just more of them. A step closer to capital ships, but not quite there. Marauders are nice, but I'd like to see a new ship class and some new ship models.


I'm sure there are some flaws with both ideas, sorry in advance, but these 2 ideas are both on my wishlist for EVE Big smile

Happy gaming everyone!
Danika Princip
GoonWaffe
Goonswarm Federation
#2 - 2016-12-04 22:52:54 UTC
...What's wrong with the rorqual as your big miner?

And how can you put more turrets on a battleship? Eight is the maximum number of highslots remember.
Nevyn Auscent
Broke Sauce
#3 - 2016-12-04 23:14:57 UTC
Danika Princip wrote:
...What's wrong with the rorqual as your big miner?

And how can you put more turrets on a battleship? Eight is the maximum number of highslots remember.

+100% Damage to Large turrets.
+100% PG/CPU requirements to Large turrets.

Ok, ammo is still at the same rate, but you could simulate them.
CCP have also shown with Citadels that they probably aren't tied by the 8 limit any more. They certainly aren't tied by only three types of slots so there is a lot they could do.

Not that I think any of this is needed. BS do fine damage already, I'd like to see their base tank a lot higher personally after they had their massive strategic mobility nerf, and a bit better active tank on the base modules (obviously marauders tank bonuses would be toned down to leave Marauders about the same). But they don't need more DPS and we don't need a new class between them and Capitals, they already are that class.
Lugh Crow-Slave
#4 - 2016-12-05 01:03:54 UTC
other than "because" you never said why either of these are needed

what niche is open that either of these would be used to fill? ships should not be added for the sake of adding ships
Matthias Ancaladron
Imperial Shipment
Amarr Empire
#5 - 2016-12-05 06:23:47 UTC
i like the battlecruisers that fit large weapons.
now we need a battlecruiser that fits 16 small turrets and has a 100% rof/optimal bonus.
Iain Cariaba
#6 - 2016-12-05 17:02:48 UTC
No new mining ships?

*looks at mining frigates*

.........
Frostys Virpio
KarmaFleet
Goonswarm Federation
#7 - 2016-12-05 17:06:11 UTC
Nevyn Auscent wrote:
Danika Princip wrote:
...What's wrong with the rorqual as your big miner?

And how can you put more turrets on a battleship? Eight is the maximum number of highslots remember.

+100% Damage to Large turrets.
+100% PG/CPU requirements to Large turrets.

Ok, ammo is still at the same rate, but you could simulate them.
CCP have also shown with Citadels that they probably aren't tied by the 8 limit any more. They certainly aren't tied by only three types of slots so there is a lot they could do.

Not that I think any of this is needed. BS do fine damage already, I'd like to see their base tank a lot higher personally after they had their massive strategic mobility nerf, and a bit better active tank on the base modules (obviously marauders tank bonuses would be toned down to leave Marauders about the same). But they don't need more DPS and we don't need a new class between them and Capitals, they already are that class.


Instead of damage bonus, give it RoF and you both get damage and ammo consumption as if you had more turrets.
Agondray
Avenger Mercenaries
VOID Intergalactic Forces
#8 - 2016-12-05 18:30:42 UTC
Iain Cariaba wrote:
No new mining ships?

*looks at mining frigates*

.........


im pretty sure exhumers were a thing under 12 years

"Sarcasm is the Recourse of a weak mind." -Dr. Smith

Sonya Corvinus
Grant Village
#9 - 2016-12-05 18:38:52 UTC
Explain why we need bigger mining ships first. Mining isn't a playstyle, it's a subset of the industry playstyle. That has had a lot added to it over the years.
Stevn Thomas
Pator Tech School
Minmatar Republic
#10 - 2016-12-05 19:05:43 UTC  |  Edited by: Stevn Thomas
Sonya Corvinus wrote:
Explain why we need bigger mining ships first. Mining isn't a playstyle, it's a subset of the industry playstyle. That has had a lot added to it over the years.


This is most certanatly true.

TBH we don't realy need...

ORE mining destroyer/cruisers/battle cruiser and so on.

The players of EvE online colectivly, are already producing roughly a titan Every 30 or so hours on top of all the stuf from Microrganisms on up.

........................

That said, a more interactive mining option would be nice to have.
PopeUrban
El Expedicion
Flames of Exile
#11 - 2016-12-05 23:34:11 UTC
Matthias Ancaladron wrote:
i like the battlecruisers that fit large weapons.
now we need a battlecruiser that fits 16 small turrets and has a 100% rof/optimal bonus.


Worked for dreds?
Vimsy Vortis
Shoulda Checked Local
Break-A-Wish Foundation
#12 - 2016-12-06 01:56:55 UTC
Remove mining barges, return to mining battleships, then there will be much more variety for miners.
Nevyn Auscent
Broke Sauce
#13 - 2016-12-06 01:57:55 UTC
Stevn Thomas wrote:


That said, a more interactive mining option would be nice to have.

Use a Drone miner, there are three now. They require more management.
Tabyll Altol
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#14 - 2016-12-06 08:04:20 UTC
Archanasia wrote:
I play this game every few years, and then drop it when I get busy. Since the beta there have been lots of great changes( it was horribly buggy in the beginning) and also few things that haven't changed. There are two things I would REALLY like to see added to this game, please! I'll code them myself if I need to, although I have no graphics skills so you'd end up with textureless cubes flying around EVE. Lol

1. Mining improvement: I know, I know, miners are boring and not 'capital ship cool', but they account for a large number of paying players and they need some love. Hulks, Macks, etc. are the largest 'standard' non-booster mining ship around, and have been that way since this game was in beta. Or were they tech 1 only back then, I forget, it's been more than a decade. How about some new battleship-sized miners instead of the cruiser sized Exhumers? Miners live in the stone age of this game. It's been 12-13 years and they need a larger ship class, not just a move to tech III or yet another skin for their ships. No more skins please, there are at least a dozen, how about a new ship class instead.

2. Large class battleships. Just like destroyers or battle-cruisers, battleships need a half-step larger cousin. Same turrets, just more of them. A step closer to capital ships, but not quite there. Marauders are nice, but I'd like to see a new ship class and some new ship models.


I'm sure there are some flaws with both ideas, sorry in advance, but these 2 ideas are both on my wishlist for EVE Big smile

Happy gaming everyone!


You know the rorqual is currently a pretty big mining ship. And which gap should new cruiser sized barges close ?

-1
Decaneos
Casalt Corp
CAStabouts
#15 - 2016-12-06 15:42:33 UTC
Is this a troll thread?

Barges them selves are newer that 12yo, before barges people mined in battleships.

also whole new t1 and t2 mining frigs have come

not to mention the changes to the orca and the rorq, and introduction of the porpoise and new ice mining drones and bigger better and insanely expensive excavator drones.

Maybe its time for you to crawl out from under that rock and actually take a look at the game !
Gadget Helmsdottir
Gadget's Workshop
#16 - 2016-12-06 19:38:34 UTC  |  Edited by: Gadget Helmsdottir
Sonya Corvinus wrote:
Mining isn't a playstyle, it's a subset of the industry playstyle.



Everything in EvE is a subset of Industry unless you fly around with rook... er I mean corvette with civ only weapons.

Non corvette explosions - Industry
Trading - Industry
Exploring - Industry (unless you really are in a corvette - brave soul)
PI - Industry


As for the OP...

Wut?

First, bigger isn't better.

Second, Venture and it's children.

Third, -1...

--Gadget, EvE industrialist (and apparently so is everyone else)

Work smarter, not harder. --Scrooge McDuck, an eminent old-Earth economist

Given an hour to save New Eden, how would respected scientist, Albertus Eisenstein compose his thoughts? "Fifty-five minutes to define the problem; save the galaxy in five."