These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Wormholes

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
 

Came back after a year. Found characters removed from wormhole.

Author
Heira Andedare
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#1 - 2016-11-20 04:20:59 UTC
I submitted a ticket on this almost five days ago, but since I haven't heard anything back yet I decided to ask the forums if this is a known thing.

I played Eve for a little over a year, and then left for about a year. I came back recently with the new expansion and was thinking about using a Plex or two to fully reactivate my accounts, but I would like an answer to my problem first.

A while back, I established a couple characters in a wormhole and set up an extensive PI system. Now I am one hundred percent positive that I had, at least, one character set inside the wormhole. There is no question about that. I'm pretty sure that I had two, or possibly three. But when I came back recently, I found that my characters that had been inside a wormhole had been removed and put back into K-Space. And, unless something has changed, I'm not going to find the entrance to that wormhole where my PI is unless I get extremely lucky.

So I'm wondering what happened that my characters had to be taken out of a wormhole, and is this a known thing? And, of course, do I have any options available to get back into said wormhole, other than scanning the crap out of every system and hoping I come across it again?
Seraph Essael
Air
The Initiative.
#2 - 2016-11-20 06:04:46 UTC
Posting to the forums isn't going to help your cause.

The only thing you can do here is wait for the initial response from your ticket. They currently have a wall of tickets building up due to the logging on fiasco, so you will just have to wait your turn I'm afraid and they will get back to you as soon as they can.

As for finding the hole, there are people willing to look if you are willing to pay Blink

Quoted from Doc Fury: "Concerned citizens: Doc seldom plays EVE on the weekends during spring and summer, so you will always be on your own for a couple days a week. Doc spends that time collecting kittens for the on-going sacrifices, engaging in reckless outdoor activities, and speaking in the 3rd person."

Heira Andedare
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#3 - 2016-11-20 06:33:01 UTC
Yeah, true. Mainly I was just wondering if this was a known thing, since I had been away for a year. I figured something happened in that year that everyone might have already known about.
Rroff
Antagonistic Tendencies
#4 - 2016-11-20 13:02:54 UTC  |  Edited by: Rroff
Happened to me too - I came back for the alpha thing to check out what was what maybe do the odd null roam - when I quit I had 8 characters over several accounts logged off in wormholes - in the meantime 7 of them have been moved back to highsec while I was unsubscribed including those logged off in capitals the exception being one character in a carrier that is logged off at what is now likely a hostile POS with a now invalid fit due to the capital changes so it can neither warp or defend itself when logging in, with all the probing and support chars I had with it moved out while I was unsubscribed so they can't even save it and CCP won't move it for me doh :( lol

EDIT: Fortunately wasn't a hostile POS where I logged in, some fun and games trying to get a probe launcher, cloak and stabs on my carrier later I spawned a C140 and escaped to low sec losing a bunch of fighters and capital modules along the way I'm too lazy to go back for. Bit poor if you ask me seeing as I had no hand in the changes.
Heira Andedare
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#5 - 2016-11-21 01:39:25 UTC
I'm still waiting for an official reply. I'm sure they are swamped with issues with the expansion though.
Rroff
Antagonistic Tendencies
#6 - 2016-11-21 15:39:32 UTC
They got back to me in about 5 minutes - the general theme though was "tough luck" in my case wasn't trying to get back into a wormhole but the complications extracting a character left inside when my probing characters had been moved out while I was unsubscribed.
Jack Miton
School of Applied Knowledge
Caldari State
#7 - 2016-11-22 00:34:08 UTC
It's a feature.

There is no Bob.

Stuck In Here With Me:  http://sihwm.blogspot.com.au/

Down the Pipe:  http://feeds.feedburner.com/CloakyScout

Taurean Eltanin
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#8 - 2016-11-22 11:03:52 UTC
Rroff wrote:
They got back to me in about 5 minutes - the general theme though was "tough luck" in my case wasn't trying to get back into a wormhole but the complications extracting a character left inside when my probing characters had been moved out while I was unsubscribed.


Surely this is a simple matter of self destructing?

If you like reading about low sec piracy or wormhole pvp, you might enjoy my blog.

Rroff
Antagonistic Tendencies
#9 - 2016-11-22 12:42:52 UTC
Taurean Eltanin wrote:
Surely this is a simple matter of self destructing?


There were times when I was tempted.

In all seriousness though the position I was in was purely due to changes made by the developers (and possibly some bugs) and it was only by a mixture of pure luck and determination on my part that I managed to resolve it with minimal loss (about 250 million in capital mods and fighters) to myself.
Sonya Corvinus
Grant Village
#10 - 2016-11-22 20:15:33 UTC
Jack Miton wrote:
It's a feature.


Every bug is a feature until proven otherwise.
Heira Andedare
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#11 - 2016-11-22 20:42:59 UTC
Eight days, and still no response to my ticket. An official reply would be nice, even if it were to **** off. It took a lot of work to set that PI up, and if I've lost all of it then I'm definitely less inclined to resub.
Hesod Adee
Perkone
Caldari State
#12 - 2016-11-23 07:01:35 UTC  |  Edited by: Hesod Adee
Heira Andedare wrote:
Eight days, and still no response to my ticket. An official reply would be nice, even if it were to **** off. It took a lot of work to set that PI up, and if I've lost all of it then I'm definitely less inclined to resub.

Lets say you find your way back into the wormhole system. Only to find that another corp has moved in and they don't want you there. Including high taxes on the POCO.

What would you do next ?
Heira Andedare
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#13 - 2016-11-23 16:34:53 UTC
I would attempt to negotiate a reasonable tax, and point out that my PI operation would benefit us both. If they still refused, I would move on. But at least that would be all a part of this game and what makes it great, and something I have always known could happen.

But being randomly removed from where I logged out of and put in a position to where it's incredibly unlikely to find it again due to a "bug" or a "feature" or whatever you want to call it, was not a consideration of mine when I spent all of that time setting it up in the first place.
Sonya Corvinus
Grant Village
#14 - 2016-11-23 16:52:06 UTC
Heira Andedare wrote:
I would attempt to negotiate a reasonable tax, and point out that my PI operation would benefit us both. If they still refused, I would move on. But at least that would be all a part of this game and what makes it great, and something I have always known could happen.

But being randomly removed from where I logged out of and put in a position to where it's incredibly unlikely to find it again due to a "bug" or a "feature" or whatever you want to call it, was not a consideration of mine when I spent all of that time setting it up in the first place.


Contact these guys in game https://eve-scout.com/ They very often can find a specific WH for people, if you remember the J-sig.
Heira Andedare
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#15 - 2016-11-23 16:56:45 UTC
Sonya Corvinus wrote:
Heira Andedare wrote:
I would attempt to negotiate a reasonable tax, and point out that my PI operation would benefit us both. If they still refused, I would move on. But at least that would be all a part of this game and what makes it great, and something I have always known could happen.

But being randomly removed from where I logged out of and put in a position to where it's incredibly unlikely to find it again due to a "bug" or a "feature" or whatever you want to call it, was not a consideration of mine when I spent all of that time setting it up in the first place.


Contact these guys in game https://eve-scout.com/ They very often can find a specific WH for people, if you remember the J-sig.


I'll check them out, thanks for the info.
te Onzen
Odd Job Cleaners
Red Serpent Alliance
#16 - 2016-12-26 13:15:42 UTC
Same thing happened to me.

When I decided to have a look at Eve after some 8 months break (using the sneak peak offered by this new alpha clone thing) I was totally dumbstruck that all my wh toons have been evicted to random k-space systems.
This includes a guy in an Orca that I simply wont be able to get back into his old C1 wh. Ugh

Did any of the former posters (or similar affected players) get a positive response to their tickets in the meantime??

Or was someplace else a statement about these changes?

Thx in advance for all feedback!