These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
 

Training 2X faster than what?

First post First post
Author
Remiel Pollard
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#61 - 2016-11-22 00:43:12 UTC
Brigadine Ferathine wrote:
Neuntausend wrote:
Brigadine Ferathine wrote:
Twice as fast if I pay? Why am I not twice as fast as when I was paying on November 13?

I assume if you were training anything on November 13th you did pay before November 15th, did you not? So nothing changed for you. You already trained twice as fast as Alphas do now, so it still holds true. If you really thought you'd be getting twice the training speed you had before for no reason beyond a sudden fit of entitlement, I'm sorry to say you are a bit of an idiot. But I trust you don't and just brought this up for the sake of argument.

If you desparately want to complain about anything, complain that you trained "infinetly faster" than somebody who wouldn't pay for their account before Ascension (because they couldn't train at all, or play the game for that matter), and now you only train twice as fast. But that would be complaining about the whole f2p move, which would be fair, I suppose, but I don't really think will change anything. F2P is here to stay, and they have to train at *some* speed.

The fact that you feel like you need to call me names tells me I am right and you are just trolling.


No it doesn't. Omega's train twice as fast as Alphas, and that's all there is to it. That's all there needs to be to it. Pretty simple, really. So simple, that I don't even think you're an idiot for not getting it. I think you're not getting it on purpose, just so you can throw a tantrum about something. That doesn't make you an idiot, it makes you an attention-seeking brat who probably needs a new pacifier.

“Some capsuleers claim that ECM is 'dishonorable' and 'unfair'. Jam those ones first, and kill them last.” - Jirai 'Fatal' Laitanen, Pithum Nullifier Training Manual c. YC104

Jake Warbird
Republic Military School
Minmatar Republic
#62 - 2016-11-22 01:59:29 UTC
We're splitting hairs over marketing which is clearly aimed at new bloods? Really? I liked GD better when there were threadnaughts on just 'Grr Goons' or CCP hiring policies.
Neuntausend
Republic Military School
Minmatar Republic
#63 - 2016-11-22 02:25:12 UTC  |  Edited by: Neuntausend
Brigadine Ferathine wrote:
The fact that you feel like you need to call me names tells me I am right and you are just trolling. Have you ever multiplied 2 by 0? 'Twice' as fast as before if you didn't pay is a misnomer in of itself.

Are my sentences too long for you?

Otherwise you would have caught on to the fact that I said you used to train "twice as fast as Alphas do now". This will only have the proper meaning with all words taken into account, so it would be prudent to read and try to understand them all. They are not complicated words, and I am sure you can do it. You'd also have noticed that I would only take you for an idiot if you honestly expected to get double the training speed you got before for literally no reason at all instead of just making an argument. If you honestly expect that, though, I stand by what I said. Not because I feel the need to call you anything, but because I think it's true.

But let's make an example: Take a freemail provider for instance. They often offer to increase your storage space and remove ads for a montly fee. Now, how would you advertise this?

"for 4.99/month you get double the storage space and no ads"

or

"if you don't pay 4.99/month, you only get half the storage space and ads"

?

Both mean the same thing, and both are true. However, one of them sounds much more inviting, while the other one sounds like a threat. Can you figure out which one's which?
Gee Shunziji
Shunz.Inc
#64 - 2016-11-22 02:37:17 UTC
A bunch of whiners trolling a bunch of haters.

This topic is wonderfully pointless.

'' Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, Fuck you .. ''

-Period

Neuntausend
Republic Military School
Minmatar Republic
#65 - 2016-11-22 02:46:12 UTC
Gee Shunziji wrote:
A bunch of whiners trolling a bunch of haters.

This topic is wonderfully pointless.

Oh, but I disagree! They are wrong on the internet, and need to be shown the error of their ways.
Conrad Makbure
CM HOLDINGS
#66 - 2016-11-22 03:14:28 UTC
Amanda Chelian wrote:
Yup, it's the alphas that are running at half training speed. But "train skills at normal speed!" doesn't make for good marketing to get the Omega sub sold, hence the play with words.



Yeah, but saying Alpha is the new normal speed overnight is dumb. It would have been better to just not put a "2x" on the Omega skill window and rather have something that says "training at half speed, subscribe now for full training speed" for Alpha. When Alpha clones subscribe, they will see the difference in days reduced on their training queues. That's all you need, no need to put 2x on the subscriber queue window.
Scipio Artelius
Weaponised Vegemite
Flying Dangerous
#67 - 2016-11-22 03:22:07 UTC
Conrad Makbure wrote:
It would have been better to just not put a "2x" on the Omega skill window...

Better for who?
Tyberius Franklin
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#68 - 2016-11-22 03:26:06 UTC
Conrad Makbure wrote:
Amanda Chelian wrote:
Yup, it's the alphas that are running at half training speed. But "train skills at normal speed!" doesn't make for good marketing to get the Omega sub sold, hence the play with words.



Yeah, but saying Alpha is the new normal speed overnight is dumb. It would have been better to just not put a "2x" on the Omega skill window and rather have something that says "training at half speed, subscribe now for full training speed" for Alpha. When Alpha clones subscribe, they will see the difference in days reduced on their training queues. That's all you need, no need to put 2x on the subscriber queue window.
That makes sense if you ignore who you're marketing to on a few levels. 1) It marks the new alpha accounts that you're doing your best to welcome as substandard with "half speed training" 2) It makes what we consider normal training a players prior to alphas seem more special than just "normal" 3) And since this is all marketed at showing alphas what they have to gain by paying as opposed to showing existing paying customers what they already have when it should be pretty obvious there is really no gain in doing it that way.

Well, no gain except maybe this thread not existing.
Conrad Makbure
CM HOLDINGS
#69 - 2016-11-22 03:26:16 UTC
Scipio Artelius wrote:
Conrad Makbure wrote:
It would have been better to just not put a "2x" on the Omega skill window...

Better for who?


Everyone. Omegas are training at normal speed.
Conrad Makbure
CM HOLDINGS
#70 - 2016-11-22 03:31:35 UTC
Tyberius Franklin wrote:
Conrad Makbure wrote:
Amanda Chelian wrote:
Yup, it's the alphas that are running at half training speed. But "train skills at normal speed!" doesn't make for good marketing to get the Omega sub sold, hence the play with words.



Yeah, but saying Alpha is the new normal speed overnight is dumb. It would have been better to just not put a "2x" on the Omega skill window and rather have something that says "training at half speed, subscribe now for full training speed" for Alpha. When Alpha clones subscribe, they will see the difference in days reduced on their training queues. That's all you need, no need to put 2x on the subscriber queue window.
That makes sense if you ignore who you're marketing to on a few levels. 1) It marks the new alpha accounts that you're doing your best to welcome as substandard with "half speed training" 2) It makes what we consider normal training a players prior to alphas seem more special than just "normal" 3) And since this is all marketed at showing alphas what they have to gain by paying as opposed to showing existing paying customers what they already have when it should be pretty obvious there is really no gain in doing it that way.

Well, no gain except maybe this thread not existing.


This is one of the dumbest marketing angles. "We're going to say that normal speed is now 2x speed and half training speed is now the new normal speed." That just sounds stupid and that's exactly what this change is, I don't care who it's marketed to.
Tyberius Franklin
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#71 - 2016-11-22 03:35:01 UTC  |  Edited by: Tyberius Franklin
Conrad Makbure wrote:
This is one of the dumbest marketing angles. "We're going to say that normal speed is now 2x speed and half training speed is now the new normal speed." That just sounds stupid and that's exactly what this change is, I don't care who it's marketed to.
I'm going to guess you don't have a job in marketing as you think it's "dumb" to appeal to your potential customers and try to convince them to give you money by talking up your product.

That's clearly what this is and if you could actually look at this from the view of someone who makes their livelihood off of this game rather than needing your position normalized for what's really no good reason in the face of a major change you'd see it's not a big deal.
Remiel Pollard
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#72 - 2016-11-22 04:01:41 UTC
Jake Warbird wrote:
We're splitting hairs over marketing which is clearly aimed at new bloods? Really? I liked GD better when there were threadnaughts on just 'Grr Goons' or CCP hiring policies.


I miss the "EVE is dying" posts. Wanna start a new one?

“Some capsuleers claim that ECM is 'dishonorable' and 'unfair'. Jam those ones first, and kill them last.” - Jirai 'Fatal' Laitanen, Pithum Nullifier Training Manual c. YC104

Haulin Aussie
Imperial Academy
Amarr Empire
#73 - 2016-11-22 05:06:09 UTC
Would have been far better to just have a "Training at half speed" on alpha accounts. Omega players don't need lip service on their accounts, which for the majority of us, makes no sense.
Remiel Pollard
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#74 - 2016-11-22 05:34:35 UTC
Haulin Aussie wrote:
Would have been far better to just have a "Training at half speed" on alpha accounts. Omega players don't need lip service on their accounts, which for the majority of us, makes no sense.


It made enough sense for you to figure out it means alphas train at half the speed omegas do. Quit your whining, it's so un-aussie.

“Some capsuleers claim that ECM is 'dishonorable' and 'unfair'. Jam those ones first, and kill them last.” - Jirai 'Fatal' Laitanen, Pithum Nullifier Training Manual c. YC104

Brigadine Ferathine
Presumed Dead Enterprises
Against ALL Authorities.
#75 - 2016-11-22 06:57:32 UTC  |  Edited by: Brigadine Ferathine
Jake Warbird wrote:
We're splitting hairs over marketing which is clearly aimed at new bloods? Really? I liked GD better when there were threadnaughts on just 'Grr Goons' or CCP hiring policies.

If its aimed at new bloods that why was it crammed down my throat upon logging in? If it didn't apply to me why did CCP force message me about it? Never mind the fact I have never been an alpha.
Nat Silverguard
Aideron Robotics
#76 - 2016-11-22 11:09:29 UTC
000Hunter000 wrote:
Apparently i seem to have missed the part in the patchnotes which states u can't login an Omega and an Alpha at the same time, so it's all pointless anyways Lol

So i paid for two accounts for years and years, now i want to activate my 2nd acount once more, but EVE won't let me?


LMFAO!!! This entire F2P thing is completely useless.Lol


what gives you the idea that it's for you (or us)?!

it's to attract newbros...

Just Add Water

Jake Warbird
Republic Military School
Minmatar Republic
#77 - 2016-11-22 13:16:15 UTC  |  Edited by: Jake Warbird
Brigadine Ferathine wrote:
Jake Warbird wrote:
We're splitting hairs over marketing which is clearly aimed at new bloods? Really? I liked GD better when there were threadnaughts on just 'Grr Goons' or CCP hiring policies.

If its aimed at new bloods that why was it crammed down my throat upon logging in? If it didn't apply to me why did CCP force message me about it? Never mind the fact I have never been an alpha.

"...force message"

You also think that people "force" miners into tanking their 100% yield mining barges, correct?

e: Never seen an alpha before? Well, it doesn't mean they aren't there.
March rabbit
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#78 - 2016-11-22 13:27:26 UTC
Tyberius Franklin wrote:
Conrad Makbure wrote:
This is one of the dumbest marketing angles. "We're going to say that normal speed is now 2x speed and half training speed is now the new normal speed." That just sounds stupid and that's exactly what this change is, I don't care who it's marketed to.
I'm going to guess you don't have a job in marketing as you think it's "dumb" to appeal to your potential customers and try to convince them to give you money by talking up your product.

That's clearly what this is and if you could actually look at this from the view of someone who makes their livelihood off of this game rather than needing your position normalized for what's really no good reason in the face of a major change you'd see it's not a big deal.

For some reason i feel that this marketing is not targeting people who 'on his 30x and mainly in IT sphere'..... What?

but yeah.... we need new players....

The Mittani: "the inappropriate drunked joke"

March rabbit
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#79 - 2016-11-22 13:30:12 UTC
Jake Warbird wrote:
Brigadine Ferathine wrote:
Jake Warbird wrote:
We're splitting hairs over marketing which is clearly aimed at new bloods? Really? I liked GD better when there were threadnaughts on just 'Grr Goons' or CCP hiring policies.

If its aimed at new bloods that why was it crammed down my throat upon logging in? If it didn't apply to me why did CCP force message me about it? Never mind the fact I have never been an alpha.

"...force message"

You also think that people "force" miners into tanking their 100% yield mining barges, correct?

Try harder kid. He was talking about Omegas having signs targeting Alphas all over the client.

The Mittani: "the inappropriate drunked joke"

Frostys Virpio
KarmaFleet
Goonswarm Federation
#80 - 2016-11-22 14:06:53 UTC
March rabbit wrote:
Jake Warbird wrote:
Brigadine Ferathine wrote:
Jake Warbird wrote:
We're splitting hairs over marketing which is clearly aimed at new bloods? Really? I liked GD better when there were threadnaughts on just 'Grr Goons' or CCP hiring policies.

If its aimed at new bloods that why was it crammed down my throat upon logging in? If it didn't apply to me why did CCP force message me about it? Never mind the fact I have never been an alpha.

"...force message"

You also think that people "force" miners into tanking their 100% yield mining barges, correct?

Try harder kid. He was talking about Omegas having signs targeting Alphas all over the client.


Never had beer ads on TV while you were not of legal age to purchase it? It's generic. Not every single ads you see in the whole world 100% of the time is directed at you.