These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Test Server Feedback

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
 

NPC Mining Operations have now begun on Singularity

First post First post
Author
CCP Paradox
#121 - 2016-10-31 15:09:57 UTC
FearlessLittleToaster wrote:
CCP Paradox wrote:
This is simply a step of; Instead of dropping all items inside the wreck, they will be inside a box. You can then open it or sell it to someone else, perhaps for a higher price of the contents. A gamble at the discretion of whoever opens the box. There is nothing else involved in this process.


I haven't gotten a chance to watch the Eve Vegas presentation yet, so posting here. So I am completely 100% clear, the wrecks will drop a box which can be opened without needing any special key?

If that's all the loot boxes are I kinda like it... another way to screw with people. If you need some kind of widget that must be bought with Aurum or something to open them then this is an awful design and please don't do that.


Absolutely no key needed. They are exactly like the boxes acquired through the Shadow of the Serpent / Scope Network event.

Basically the loot goes into this box instead, and you get to open this yourself or can sell it to another player who can pay some ISK to take a gamble at opening the box.

CCP Larrikin also mentioned future possibilities involving the strong box, such as selling back to the NPC Corporation you looted it from, or handing it in for standings rewards. Both are future possibilities we can investigate depending on the feedback we get.

CCP Paradox | EVE QA | Team Phenomenon

Space Magician

Samsara Toldya
Academy of Contradictory Behaviour
#122 - 2016-10-31 15:14:43 UTC
NPC Ventures use 4 Mining Turrets

http://imgur.com/a/4FnbX

Cycle time <20s
RainReaper
Bras-Tek Industries
Nefatari Union
#123 - 2016-10-31 15:26:04 UTC
Samsara Toldya wrote:
NPC Ventures use 4 Mining Turrets

http://imgur.com/a/4FnbX

Cycle time <20s


hax to the max
Chan'aar
State War Academy
Caldari State
#124 - 2016-10-31 16:15:35 UTC
So from the Vegas stream these mining groups seem to have a local base. A station belonging to one of the corps doing the mining.

Do the mining operation spawn where ever they have a station or is it just in their home regions?

So will we find Gallente mining operations from the Astral mining corp in Caldari systems where there is a Astral mining station or will there only be Astral Mining operations within the Gallente Regions?
Michael Pawlicki
Mouth Trumpet Cavalry.
Mouth Trumpet Cavalry
#125 - 2016-10-31 17:04:57 UTC  |  Edited by: Michael Pawlicki
God help you if you get found by the battleship-sized response group. My rattlesnake was destroyed within 30 seconds of the fleet landing on grid. These guys do NOT joke around when it comes to force.
FearlessLittleToaster
GoonWaffe
Goonswarm Federation
#126 - 2016-10-31 18:06:16 UTC
CCP Paradox wrote:

Absolutely no key needed. They are exactly like the boxes acquired through the Shadow of the Serpent / Scope Network event.

Basically the loot goes into this box instead, and you get to open this yourself or can sell it to another player who can pay some ISK to take a gamble at opening the box.

CCP Larrikin also mentioned future possibilities involving the strong box, such as selling back to the NPC Corporation you looted it from, or handing it in for standings rewards. Both are future possibilities we can investigate depending on the feedback we get.


Cool, thank you for the clarification. A suggestion of a decidedly juvenile nature: Can you make a (valueless) object drop every once in a while, a little doll named My Richard? That would make it...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JwCbbMgp3Lw
Regan Rotineque
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#127 - 2016-10-31 23:22:01 UTC
tried this out on SiSi last nite ..... was fun :) poor Thukker's.......

Nailed a retty then two others got away, then a small fleet of two ewar frigs and a scythe warped in to save them.


I see someone mentioned in thread before about D-Scan - would be very nice to have this available so you dont waste a ton of time going from belt to belt.

2nd - i could not find how to add the ships to the overview - nothing under ships or NPCs I could add specific ones by right click add to overview. But I missed the scythe at first since it was repping not attacking.

Im sure that is coming in an upcoming patch :)

Cheers

I like this CCP good add +

~R~
Chan'aar
State War Academy
Caldari State
#128 - 2016-11-01 10:12:37 UTC  |  Edited by: Chan'aar
Chan'aar wrote:
So from the Vegas stream these mining groups seem to have a local base. A station belonging to one of the corps doing the mining.

Do the mining operation spawn where ever they have a station or is it just in their home regions?

So will we find Gallente mining operations from the Astral mining corp in Caldari systems where there is a Astral mining station or will there only be Astral Mining operations within the Gallente Regions?


Discovered the answer.

Yes foreign miners will spawn in enemy space if they have stations there. I found an Amarrian Joint Harvesting Skiff team in Minmatar space.

Also, the response fleets are going to absolutely cause havoc on patch day Lol its going to be like the introduction of Incursions all over again.

"what new PvE, surely my pimped navy raven can do that ... OMGW*FBBQ"


But once again CCP PLEASE have some of these cause FACTION standing hits.
CCP Paradox
#129 - 2016-11-01 10:20:02 UTC
Regan Rotineque wrote:
tried this out on SiSi last nite ..... was fun :) poor Thukker's.......

Nailed a retty then two others got away, then a small fleet of two ewar frigs and a scythe warped in to save them.


I see someone mentioned in thread before about D-Scan - would be very nice to have this available so you dont waste a ton of time going from belt to belt.

2nd - i could not find how to add the ships to the overview - nothing under ships or NPCs I could add specific ones by right click add to overview. But I missed the scythe at first since it was repping not attacking.

Im sure that is coming in an upcoming patch :)

Cheers

I like this CCP good add +

~R~


If you need to set up your own Overviews, you will find the groups that have a diamond before the name, like this:

♦ Mining Hauler
♦ Mining Frigate
♦ Mining Exhumer
♦ Mining Barge
♦ Frigate
♦ Cruiser
♦ Battleship

CCP Paradox | EVE QA | Team Phenomenon

Space Magician

Arronicus
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#130 - 2016-11-01 13:27:15 UTC  |  Edited by: Arronicus
Chan'aar wrote:
[quote=Chan'aar]


But once again CCP PLEASE have some of these cause FACTION standing hits.


Worst idea I've heard in a while. "Make nullsec ratting content kill highsec faction standing" GTFO.

Still hoping to hear whether or not drone regions will get any mining fleets, or if we're just getting the shaft.
Chan'aar
State War Academy
Caldari State
#131 - 2016-11-01 18:39:15 UTC
Arronicus wrote:
Chan'aar wrote:
[quote=Chan'aar]


But once again CCP PLEASE have some of these cause FACTION standing hits.


Worst idea I've heard in a while. "Make nullsec ratting content kill highsec faction standing" GTFO.

Still hoping to hear whether or not drone regions will get any mining fleets, or if we're just getting the shaft.


If they don't have a Faction Standing hit then they become a joke target, shoot them all the time, corp standing hits do nothing.

Oh and according to the Vegas stream, you are getting the shaft.
JonnyPew
Doomheim
#132 - 2016-11-01 18:48:50 UTC
I recorded myself attacking one of the NPC mining operation (6 Skiffs) in high security space.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=13ARbXGXPkw

EVE Online video content creator

http://www.youtube.com/JonnyPew

Lasisha Mishi
Pandemic Horde Inc.
Pandemic Horde
#133 - 2016-11-01 18:59:57 UTC
ok lets say i'm Caldari alligned (FW and so on)

and i'm in caldari space when i see someone attack npc miners

can i attack their attacker? (defend my empire?)
Asmodai Savage
Moira.
Villore Accords
#134 - 2016-11-01 20:16:38 UTC
Lasisha Mishi wrote:
ok lets say i'm Caldari alligned (FW and so on)

and i'm in caldari space when i see someone attack npc miners

can i attack their attacker? (defend my empire?)


That is a good question, would bring another level to FW. Both defending a system and attacking one. Maybe FW missions to raid enemy supplies or something. Liking the way this is going as it can also encourage PVP as well.
Steve Ronuken
Fuzzwork Enterprises
Vote Steve Ronuken for CSM
#135 - 2016-11-01 21:05:09 UTC
Chan'aar wrote:
Arronicus wrote:
Chan'aar wrote:
[quote=Chan'aar]


But once again CCP PLEASE have some of these cause FACTION standing hits.


Worst idea I've heard in a while. "Make nullsec ratting content kill highsec faction standing" GTFO.

Still hoping to hear whether or not drone regions will get any mining fleets, or if we're just getting the shaft.


If they don't have a Faction Standing hit then they become a joke target, shoot them all the time, corp standing hits do nothing.

Oh and according to the Vegas stream, you are getting the shaft.



Except that they react based on corp standings. So you turn up in belt, and before you do _anything_, a response fleet is going after you. (if you have bad corp standings)

Woo! CSM XI!

Fuzzwork Enterprises

Twitter: @fuzzysteve on Twitter

Karl Jerr
Herzack Unit
#136 - 2016-11-01 23:33:16 UTC
Awesome Bear
CCP Larrikin
C C P
C C P Alliance
#137 - 2016-11-02 10:53:33 UTC
Chan'aar wrote:
So from the Vegas stream these mining groups seem to have a local base. A station belonging to one of the corps doing the mining.

Do the mining operation spawn where ever they have a station or is it just in their home regions?

So will we find Gallente mining operations from the Astral mining corp in Caldari systems where there is a Astral mining station or will there only be Astral Mining operations within the Gallente Regions?


Correct. The best place to find these is near stations belonging to that corporation.

Game Designer | Team Phenomenon | https://twitter.com/CCP_Larrikin

Circumstantial Evidence
#138 - 2016-11-02 12:34:47 UTC
CCP Larrikin wrote:
Chan'aar wrote:
Do the mining operation spawn where ever they have a station or is it just in their home regions? ...
Correct. The best place to find these is near stations belonging to that corporation.
Will I find Angels/Serpentis/Sansha/Guristas (etc) mining ops in HS? The NPC mining corps make a lot of sense, but I don't feel like wrecking standings with them. On other hand, my pirate faction standings are already terrible ;)
Kerran Milano
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#139 - 2016-11-02 12:47:18 UTC
This sounds great :) Really looking forward to it.

Make them jump into to help player miners when they get attacked in hi sec please, would be fun :D
CCP Paradox
#140 - 2016-11-02 15:31:29 UTC
I have now enabled the Guristas Production Mining Operation on Singularity.

CCP Paradox | EVE QA | Team Phenomenon

Space Magician