These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Player Features and Ideas Discussion

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
 

Stop high sec ganking/pve only option

First post
Author
Ima Wreckyou
The Conference Elite
CODE.
#21 - 2016-09-03 08:42:07 UTC
Bubba Freedom wrote:
That "study" you refer too is already generally agreed by most of the player base to be toilet water, not to mention you can't get a new player out to null and have them be productive.

The biggest alliances currently in nullsec in EVE are composed of only new players. Yes they are very effective and valuable players and they actually experience the game for what it is, a competitive massive multiplayer sandbox game.

You simply oppose this study because it does not fit into your concept about your constructed problem. You oppose a study with a sample size of 80'000 players with your gut feelings and think you know better.

You sir are a troll and this thread is reported for redundancy and trolling. Have a nice day
Bubba Freedom
Doomheim
#22 - 2016-09-03 08:49:55 UTC  |  Edited by: Bubba Freedom
Ima Wreckyou wrote:
Bubba Freedom wrote:
That "study" you refer too is already generally agreed by most of the player base to be toilet water, not to mention you can't get a new player out to null and have them be productive.

The biggest alliances currently in nullsec in EVE are composed of only new players. Yes they are very effective and valuable players and they actually experience the game for what it is, a competitive massive multiplayer sandbox game.

You simply oppose this study because it does not fit into your concept about your constructed problem. You oppose a study with a sample size of 80'000 players with your gut feelings and think you know better.

You sir are a troll and this thread is reported for redundancy and trolling. Have a nice day



The alliance you refer to is composed of alts, however yes it is effective. Thread is not redundant, and the only one that has been trolled so far is me, which means it's made someone guilty. Until people get maturity and there is a solution that actually works, threads like this will continue to be started. Most of what I suggested Isn't even my original idea, I just drew the short straw to get to propose it. I Don't mind being trolled by one of the scum of eve, it actually doesn't bother me at all.
Jonah Gravenstein
Machiavellian Space Bastards
#23 - 2016-09-03 08:51:59 UTC
Bubba Freedom wrote:
First off, not a carebears, last few losses have been running out in null and getting blooped. I don't care how much isk I have as long as I can replace the fit II'm.flying twice over, and have been known to hand fitted ships to new players. The problem is they usually Don't even get space dust on them lately before a troll corp, read "pirate", if it soothes your ego blips them out of game again. So not only are your arguments so far without merit, but quite opposite of how I play. I left the last corp that tried to get me to use spreadsheets.
Carebear is an attitude, it's not about where you live or what you do, as such it's not a play style. Your whole attitude smacks of carebearism.

In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded.

New Player FAQ

Feyd's Survival Pack

Bubba Freedom
Doomheim
#24 - 2016-09-03 09:01:53 UTC
Oh I have no problem admitting I carebear in high most of the time, I also love going out and looking for a fight solo, or when we can get enough together in scope that have ships to do so, which there haven't been many of us at a time that can. Skill wise if I could find a null corp that didn't spend more time arguing than playing I'd stay out there. That or if neutrality would be respected like it used to be. There actually used to be a time when you could live fairly comfortably in null, but sadly the level of respect players have for each other has diminished since then. A lot of us that people call carebears now suicided out of null and made new characters. I've flown with quite a few of them recently. It's been nice. So yes I wear my rainbow proud when I'm in high and shoot what I can in low. There's nothing wrong with that.
Solecist Project
#25 - 2016-09-03 09:04:27 UTC  |  Edited by: Solecist Project
Bubba Freedom wrote:
That doesn't't excuse the fact that carebears are needed to keep this game running.

No.

If carebears ran this game ...
... the game would be dead by now or a#the forums and reddit would be filled with horrible people like yourself.

Carebears are a loud, screaming minority and no one wants you or needs you around.
Just like SJW, BLM and CODE. *snickers*


And to counter the carebear-logic:

No. One. Needs. Carebears.
Excluding the companies which write games to milk you easy minded folks out of your money, of course.

The common mistake carebears make, exposing their weird minds,
is the idea that people only do either/or.

Reality:
Carebears only PvE, never PvP.
Normal people do PvE and PvP.

No one needs you.
Enjoy the door hitting your rear end on your way out.

That ringing in your ears you're experiencing right now is the last gasping breathe of a dying inner ear as it got thoroughly PULVERISED by the point roaring over your head at supersonic speeds. - Tippia

Caleb Seremshur
Naked Oiled Bodybuilders
Parasitic Legion.
#26 - 2016-09-03 09:09:37 UTC
Can't you just wait for this game to go F2P you'll get 10,000 nerds making threads like this per day. Should make alpha accounts force to watch a video explaining to them they can be killed anywhere in this game.
Bubba Freedom
Doomheim
#27 - 2016-09-03 09:12:30 UTC
Solecist Project wrote:
Bubba Freedom wrote:
That doesn't't excuse the fact that carebears are needed to keep this game running.

No.

If carebears ran this game ...
... the game would be dead by now or a#the forums and reddit would be filled with horrible people like yourself.

Carebears are a loud, screaming minority and no one wants you or needs you around.
Just like SJW, BLM and CODE. *snickers*


And to counter the carebear-logic:

No. One. Needs. Carebears.
Excluding the companies which write games to milk you easy minded folks out of your money, of course.

The common mistake carebears make, exposing their weird minds,
is the idea that people only do either/or.

Reality:
Carebears only PvE, never PvP.
Normal people do PvE and PvP.

No one needs you.
Enjoy the door hitting your rear end on your way out.


Obviously didn't read my other posts. Love how you all cherry pick to troll. Actually carebears as you refer to them are a growing minority that pay the bills and provide the nessecary industry to keep game going. You aren't able to keep up from pvp drops alone, at least if the people you are shooting are smart, therefore even yes you my dear have a use for carebears somewhere in there to make ammo/modules/ships that you use.
Ima Wreckyou
The Conference Elite
CODE.
#28 - 2016-09-03 09:22:19 UTC
Solecist Project wrote:
Carebears are a loud, screaming minority and no one wants you or needs you around.
Just like SJW, BLM and CODE. *snickers*

/me smacks Sol (ingame) *mars*
Bubba Freedom
Doomheim
#29 - 2016-09-03 09:38:16 UTC
Ima Wreckyou wrote:
Solecist Project wrote:
Carebears are a loud, screaming minority and no one wants you or needs you around.
Just like SJW, BLM and CODE. *snickers*

/me smacks Sol (ingame) *mars*



Agree. There would be no need for discussion if above mentioned groups were the minority. Mind you this discussion IS NOT nor has it ever been about null/low sec mechanics. I love those. However that said, leave the sandbox mentaljty out there, really it's a respect the players around you. If you see me in low or null, feel free to engage, I can usually afford it, and usually am looking for it. Flew a shuttle out earlier trying to prove to a new guy you could find and fit a ship in null, picked an area with no accessable market, thanks goonswarm, and proved myself wrong lol. Local corp helped me out. Probably repay it tomarrow or next day when I get isk back, and here in a few days go looking for a fight again. High sec mechanics are broken. Everything I suggested at the top was a result of disscussions with various players over about the last month. As we can't seem to set egos aside, or have open minds, I once again see us missing anopportunity to change things for the better and will be requesting this thread be locked at a moderator's convienence.
Danika Princip
GoonWaffe
Goonswarm Federation
#30 - 2016-09-03 10:23:25 UTC
Taking away core parts of the game's mechanics doesn't make anything better though?
Bubba Freedom
Doomheim
#31 - 2016-09-03 11:03:49 UTC
It isn't taking a core part out where it really matters, other than to people that get thier kicks shooting people without a chance of fighting back. When I go to low I expect a fight. Usually I go there either to fight or to mine and mess with the people in there. Usually end up ticking them off and getting the exit camped lol. However, it's called high sec for a reason. CCP initially thought groups like code wouldn't stay long because players would kill them off. They use the response time loophole now to go in kill a 30 million isk miner, or pile a billion isk frieghter, or kill mission runners that are half dead coming back, and get away with it. The system broke somewhere along the way to where that works. I'm not saying it's bad, just that it's being abused in a way that it was never meant for. When something is abused to the degree that it is now, maybe we should have a constructive rethink of the system in general. As players we could band together and kill them out of game (my personal preference), or adjust the mechanic to make it not possible to improve player retention. Looking at people that quit within two weeks is the ultimate in numbers fixing to get the result CCP wanted to say ganking was not an issue. I hate to say it, but going f2p will not fix the player shortage unless the high sec pvp mechanics are also adjusted. Ya it sucks, I love suicide ganking bounties. Probably not going to be successful at it for a bit, but still fun. They have a price on them and should expect it to happen lol. However I'm willing to not do it if it improves overall gameplay.
Danika Princip
GoonWaffe
Goonswarm Federation
#32 - 2016-09-03 11:42:18 UTC
You know concord used to be tankable, right?

Ganking has eaten nerf after nerf after nerf. When was the last time it was actually buffed?

Why should you be able to fly 100bil in shiny toys in a completely untanked freighter, on autopilot, while you're AFK and not face any kind of consequence for your actions? Why should I be able to use my out of corp alt to haul that 100bil from Jita to where my JF lives, and just jump to Delve?

What makes you think the people who supposedly quit after getting ganked were ever actually going to stick around in the first place? This is a full loot PVP game. If they can't handle being killed in a pvp game, they aren't going to keep playing the pvp game for very long, are they.

The way to keep people in the game is to engage with them. To encourage them to interact with other players, to join player corps, and, y'know, play the game. Wrapping them in cotton wool doesn't exactly help with that. Removing highsec pvp doesn't help with that. Encouraging them to LEAVE highsec does, incidentally.

Ganking is easy to avoid if you can be bothered to put in even the slightest little bit of effort. Red frog has what, a 95% success rate?
Tragot Gomndor
Three Sword Inc
#33 - 2016-09-03 11:49:08 UTC
OMG so many walls of text, over the same stuff.

Ganking is completly FINE. There is no issue.

NONONONONONO TO CAPS IN HIGHSEC NO

Daichi Yamato
Jabbersnarks and Wonderglass
#34 - 2016-09-03 11:49:11 UTC
It's a pvp sandbox. You can be shot any where any time and the game was doing better when that was easier to do.

As others have said, carebear is not an activity, its an attitude where you think you should be allowed to be safe in a game that's deliberately designed to be un-safe. I pve and do industry, a lot, but i appreciate and enjoy the risk this game provides, even in hi-sec. You think ganking is killing the game but a lot of time was spent trying to validate that 'myth' and it turned out the opposite was true. What makes you think CCP though gankers wouldn't stick around?

You're obvioulsy very new to eve or have been living under a rock. Non-consensual pvp is a core part of eve whether you like it or not. The game is designed around it and the allowance of ganking is very deliberate. Some of your posts have even already been answered by devs:

https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&m=4958992#post4958992

https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&m=4964171#post4964171

https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&m=4964192#post4964192

https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&m=6341716#post6341716

EVE FAQ "7.2 CAN I AVOID PVP COMPLETELY? No; there are no systems or locations in New Eden where PvP may be completely avoided"

Daichi Yamato's version of structure based decs

Bubba Freedom
Doomheim
#35 - 2016-09-03 11:58:12 UTC  |  Edited by: Bubba Freedom
Daichi Yamato wrote:
It's a pvp sandbox. You can be shot any where any time and the game was doing better when that was easier to do.

As others have said, carebear is not an activity, its an attitude where you think you should be allowed to be safe in a game that's deliberately designed to be un-safe. I pve and do industry, a lot, but i appreciate and enjoy the risk this game provides, even in hi-sec. You think ganking is killing the game but a lot of time was spent trying to validate that 'myth' and it turned out the opposite was true. What makes you think CCP though gankers wouldn't stick around?

You're obvioulsy very new to eve or have been living under a rock. Non-consensual pvp is a core part of eve whether you like it or not. The game is designed around it and the allowance of ganking is very deliberate. Some of your posts have even already been answered by devs:

https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&m=4958992#post4958992

https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&m=4964171#post4964171

https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&m=4964192#post4964192

https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&m=6341716#post6341716


You're using posts from two years ago, when granted it was a rarity, dotlan will tell you however it's common enough now to be an actual issue worth revisiting. Be it a shift in player ideals (not likely) or something the devs finally do, it needs to be addressed in current form. Doing surveys of players just starting and then quitting before they really get into it is useless to tell why the amount of established players are leaving. By the way auto routing frieghters already has time consequences. I wouldn't autoroute one if it was safe, it would take too long.
Daichi Yamato
Jabbersnarks and Wonderglass
#36 - 2016-09-03 12:13:51 UTC
That survey is already done now, but for all players.

2 years is not a long time in this game and its development. It also WAS NOT rare to be ganked two years ago it was actually closer to when code and mini luv were in their primes and freighter ganking was getting a lot of attention. You've just shown how out of touch with this game you really are. Ganking two years ago was less than it was before then but ganking happens less now than ever before.

Just another carebear that doesn't know his arse from his elbow.

EVE FAQ "7.2 CAN I AVOID PVP COMPLETELY? No; there are no systems or locations in New Eden where PvP may be completely avoided"

Daichi Yamato's version of structure based decs

Linus Gorp
Ministry of Propaganda and Morale
#37 - 2016-09-03 12:20:32 UTC
https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&m=4972885#post4972885

EVE never was supposed to be a carebear heaven. You either have the guts to stay alive, or you can curl up and whimper in the corner. EVE, unlike WoW, was never designed to be a game for the masses. It's a niche game and it's perfectly fine if it doesn't fit you. There are enough other games available that are more suitable for your playstyle.

When you don't know the difference between there, their, and they're, you come across as being so uneducated that your viewpoint can be safely dismissed. The literate is unlikely to learn much from the illiterate.

Bumblefck
Kerensky Initiatives
#38 - 2016-09-03 12:29:46 UTC
Bubba Freedom wrote:
I actually have a good understanding of the game.




You do not have a good understanding of proper formatting in general, and paragraphing in specific.


You also do not have as a good understanding of the game as you claim, for if you did you would realise that what befell you was entirely your fault and entirely preventable.

You have only yourself to blame.

Perfection is a dish best served like wasabi .

Bumble's Space Log

Lugia3
Lazerhawks
L A Z E R H A W K S
#39 - 2016-09-03 13:06:22 UTC
This is a thread of the ages.

"CCP Dolan is full of shit." - CCP Bettik

Donnachadh
United Allegiance of Undesirables
#40 - 2016-09-03 16:14:21 UTC
Scanned but did not read the entire topic.

First thing ganking was never an intended game play option even CCP admits it, they have accepted it as a form of emergent game play and as such it will likely be with us for a very long time.


Dolorous Tremmens wrote:
If you are mining you can buy protection in the form of not being attacked by certain groups. Now you mention the f2p, that is to bring more people in to witness and take part in mindless violence, or get savvy enough to enjoy the escape and the chase. It is the taste of real risk that sells the game. The free to play aspect is really just an extended trial to help people understand this.

I can say that CCP is putting limited F2P in the game for players to experience the industrial side of the game and I am just as accurate as you. CCP is implementing limited F2P so people can experience ALL that EvE has to offer not just one small segment of it. To be honest with you the F2P is going to be a failure and those who pray on the new players are going to be the primary reason for it..