These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
 

Every year, there are less users playing, why??

First post
Author
Vaerah Vahrokha
Vahrokh Consulting
#1561 - 2016-08-17 19:38:43 UTC
Dirty Forum Alt wrote:

Look, I was simply explaining that I use the term in an accurate fashion - to describe players who could literally be replaced by a monkey trained to press the F1 key. And I know such players exist because I know some of them personally...

I went out of my way to say I do not think the term applies to the majority of 0.0 residents, I know most of you do a lot more than that...

I also made it clear that I have no problem with them playing that way - but F1 monkey is simply an accurate description of what they do...

*You* are the one who took that as an insult, that I wasn't including you...


So...why don't *you* grow up, or grow some thicker skin. You insist on taking insults where none have even been aimed at you, then of course people will insult you. Deal with it.


Yeah! Twisted
Jenn aSide
Worthless Carebears
Pandemic Horde
#1562 - 2016-08-17 19:58:25 UTC
Nicolai Serkanner wrote:


Bollocks.


Leave it Nic. If there is one thing I know (learned from this forum in fact), is that it's a waste of time talking to people who can't (won') understand what's being said.
Herzog Wolfhammer
Sigma Special Tactics Group
#1563 - 2016-08-17 23:37:47 UTC
Vaerah Vahrokha wrote:
Dirty Forum Alt wrote:

Look, I was simply explaining that I use the term in an accurate fashion - to describe players who could literally be replaced by a monkey trained to press the F1 key. And I know such players exist because I know some of them personally...

I went out of my way to say I do not think the term applies to the majority of 0.0 residents, I know most of you do a lot more than that...

I also made it clear that I have no problem with them playing that way - but F1 monkey is simply an accurate description of what they do...

*You* are the one who took that as an insult, that I wasn't including you...


So...why don't *you* grow up, or grow some thicker skin. You insist on taking insults where none have even been aimed at you, then of course people will insult you. Deal with it.


Yeah! Twisted



Yeah!

Bring back DEEEEP Space!

xxxTRUSTxxx
Galactic Rangers
#1564 - 2016-08-18 08:15:16 UTC
is this the bit where people make personal attacks to get the thread locked??? Roll
Jasmine Deer
Perkone
Caldari State
#1565 - 2016-08-18 08:20:51 UTC
xxxTRUSTxxx wrote:
is this the bit where people make personal attacks to get the thread locked??? Roll


Better if it stays open to isolate ranting and venting here but that might be too optimistic an outlook.
xxxTRUSTxxx
Galactic Rangers
#1566 - 2016-08-18 08:35:16 UTC
Jasmine Deer wrote:
xxxTRUSTxxx wrote:
is this the bit where people make personal attacks to get the thread locked??? Roll


Better if it stays open to isolate ranting and venting here but that might be too optimistic an outlook.


i can't agree with you, this thread ran its coarse about 70 pages ago and it's not the first thread on this stupid subject.

EVE is dying threads are EVE is dying threads and they should be locked on sight.

EVE is dying since the day it began, just like every other game out there, but some people seem to think ah yes, this looks like a great time to push my i want this and that removed to suit the way i want to play the game and the way i want it played by everyone else, because look,, people are leaving the game and (insert random alt) thinks he has the answer to a question that's based on nonsense.

ya never see a numbers are up and more people are playing, why ???? thread. do ya Roll



Jasmine Deer
Perkone
Caldari State
#1567 - 2016-08-18 09:06:48 UTC
xxxTRUSTxxx wrote:

i can't agree with you, this thread ran its coarse about 70 pages ago and it's not the first thread on this stupid subject.

EVE is dying threads are EVE is dying threads and they should be locked on sight.



In that case I hope ISD enjoy playing whack-a-mole.

I'm just waiting for the current "So, Barge Info?" thread which has a lot of useful information and contributions to soon descend into a spiral of claims and counter-claims about whether ganking mining barges is too easy/hard, and carebears/gankers are ruining the game and so no wonder we are losing players, EVE is dying , your fault and people like you, blah blah
Herzog Wolfhammer
Sigma Special Tactics Group
#1568 - 2016-08-18 23:11:37 UTC
Jasmine Deer wrote:
xxxTRUSTxxx wrote:

i can't agree with you, this thread ran its coarse about 70 pages ago and it's not the first thread on this stupid subject.

EVE is dying threads are EVE is dying threads and they should be locked on sight.



In that case I hope ISD enjoy playing whack-a-mole.

I'm just waiting for the current "So, Barge Info?" thread which has a lot of useful information and contributions to soon descend into a spiral of claims and counter-claims about whether ganking mining barges is too easy/hard, and carebears/gankers are ruining the game and so no wonder we are losing players, EVE is dying , your fault and people like you, blah blah




Is that a request?


Just kidding. Cool

Bring back DEEEEP Space!

Valkin Mordirc
#1569 - 2016-08-19 08:05:13 UTC
I think the main reason they leave threads like this open is because it becoming a threadnought kinda proves that people are still active and they care about the game.

All the whine and complaining, and the people defending and countering and blah blah blah shows that the forum is active.

That and locking a thread saying, "AYE Dis game is dead yo" kinda looks bad in it's own right.

What would be worse if thread like these are left at page one. With nobody responding.

That or the ISD's are a sadistic bunch and they like to see people fight with each other like some sort of Forum Satan and we all died and this is our version of hell.


Both likely possibilities honestly
#DeleteTheWeak
xxxTRUSTxxx
Galactic Rangers
#1570 - 2016-08-19 08:54:35 UTC
Valkin Mordirc wrote:
I think the main reason they leave threads like this open is because it becoming a threadnought kinda proves that people are still active and they care about the game.

All the whine and complaining, and the people defending and countering and blah blah blah shows that the forum is active.

That and locking a thread saying, "AYE Dis game is dead yo" kinda looks bad in it's own right.

What would be worse if thread like these are left at page one. With nobody responding.

That or the ISD's are a sadistic bunch and they like to see people fight with each other like some sort of Forum Satan and we all died and this is our version of hell.


Both likely possibilities honestly


CCP do not need a thread like this to prove anything to them. they know people care about the game.

so let's say a thread starts up called "YE Dis game is dead yo" a simple response stating no, the servers are up and EVE is online and lock it.

what if threads like this are making new players think hang on, this game takes a long while to get anywhere (as it should be) and it's putting players off investing long term into our game?

no matter what changes have come over the last few years to make EVE a little more easy for the new guy (and we vets know it has) this new guy we speak of knows very little about EVE and is it possible they jump on the forums looking for advise and see threads like this and think hey,, wait a minute,, what if i invest my cash and time and this game is dying?

free play weekend coming, lots of new guys incoming this weekend. i hope most of them don't see this thread or threads like it.

let's see how many of these new people we can convince to stay ;)

all the worried players on this thread, now's your chance to help reverse this so callled drop in numbers.

CCP have responded now lets see does the community ;)

it's up to us and nobody else.



Dirty Forum Alt
Forum Alts Anonymous
#1571 - 2016-08-19 10:41:46 UTC
The ISD generally doesn't lock threads unless they break forum rules or go wildly out of control off course.

Additionally you may have noticed (if you pay any attention) that if you lock a thread like this without giving the OP time to say whatever he/she came to say - they tend to spam-open more threads in response....So instead of 1 threadnought you get 5-10 mini-threads clogging up the front-page of the forum section.

It may also depend if the specific ISD involved finds the thread interesting to read (for whatever reason) - who knows.


But in any case the answer is not to demand they insta-lock all threads like this P

The dead swans lay in the stagnant pool. They lay. They rotted. They turned Around occasionally. Bits of flesh dropped off them from Time to time. And sank into the pool's mire. They also smelt a great deal.

Paula Nancy Millstone Jennings (Sussex)

xxxTRUSTxxx
Galactic Rangers
#1572 - 2016-08-19 13:25:06 UTC
Dirty Forum Alt wrote:



But in any case the answer is not to demand they insta-lock all threads like this P


well yea perhaps insta locking them isn't a good idea, but there is a point when a thread like this has run it's coarse and it doesn't take 80 pages for that to happen.

plus it's redundant. been raised many times before making it so.


Jenn aSide
Worthless Carebears
Pandemic Horde
#1573 - 2016-08-19 13:40:07 UTC  |  Edited by: Jenn aSide
There have been "EVE is dying" concerns since 2003. I've long though it was a display of anxiety ie people feel like they have 'invested' things (time , money, care) into something and this triggers anxiety because of the uncertainty involving when it may end.

I don't feel any such anxiety. I've spent so much time playing EVE if there was such a thing as an EVE PhD I'd have 2 of them, yet EVE ending would only hurt for a few seconds because EVE isn't my life, it's a just a hobby/game.

But I know something else as well, telling the 'worry warts' to stop worrying is futile. Worry is part of their make ups in the same way that not worrying is a part of mine.
xxxTRUSTxxx
Galactic Rangers
#1574 - 2016-08-19 13:43:47 UTC
Jenn aSide wrote:
There have been "EVE is dying" concerns since 2003. I've long though it was a display of anxiety ie people feel like they have 'invested' things (time , money, care) into something and this triggers anxiety because of the uncertainty involving when it may end.

I don't feel any such anxiety. I've spent so much time playing EVE if there was such a thing as an EVE PhD I'd have 2 of them, yet EVE ending would only hurt for a few seconds because EVE isn't my life, it's a just a hobby/game.

But I know something else as well, telling the 'worry warts' to stop worrying is futile. Worry is part of their make ups in the same way that not worrying is a part of mine.


pretty much the same here. i keep asking myself, why they hef to be so mad? it's just a game Roll lol


Infinity Ziona
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#1575 - 2016-08-21 01:19:36 UTC
Not sure if you've played the game lately but it literally sucks balls.

PvE is a turd.

PvP is non-existent unless you consider 10 x svipul and 5 garmurs vs anything easy to kill pvp. Anything not easy to kill they simply fly away till they find something easy to kill.

CCP Fozzie “We can see how much money people are making in nullsec and it is, a gigantic amount, a shit-ton… in null sec anomalies. “*

Kaalrus pwned..... :)

Discordia Duenna
Perkone
Caldari State
#1576 - 2016-08-21 01:38:55 UTC
Infinity Ziona wrote:
Not sure if you've played the game lately but it literally sucks balls.

PvE is a turd.

PvP is non-existent unless you consider 10 x svipul and 5 garmurs vs anything easy to kill pvp. Anything not easy to kill they simply fly away till they find something easy to kill.



Haven't people always tried to fly away? Didn't you found Privateers? iirc it was 10 x t1 dessies and 5 Falcons back then right? :P

You are right though PvE is a turd, needs more variety and randomness to it, so people have to think more on their feet.
Infinity Ziona
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#1577 - 2016-08-21 01:58:31 UTC
Discordia Duenna wrote:
Infinity Ziona wrote:
Not sure if you've played the game lately but it literally sucks balls.

PvE is a turd.

PvP is non-existent unless you consider 10 x svipul and 5 garmurs vs anything easy to kill pvp. Anything not easy to kill they simply fly away till they find something easy to kill.



Haven't people always tried to fly away? Didn't you found Privateers? iirc it was 10 x t1 dessies and 5 Falcons back then right? :P

You are right though PvE is a turd, needs more variety and randomness to it, so people have to think more on their feet.

People have always tried to fly away and people have always tried to stop them.

CCP create balance though, in terms of hull size, speed and dps, damage application and tank.

The smallest ships such as the interceptor were very fast, could kite but did little damage or could brawl but needed to take a scram, they popped at the slightest damage.

The larger ships could do more dps, but were slower, to do max dps they needed to get scrammed.

There was a balance. No balance anymore so all I'm seeing in space are disposable t1's because of the above or T3D's and Garmurs.

CCP Fozzie “We can see how much money people are making in nullsec and it is, a gigantic amount, a shit-ton… in null sec anomalies. “*

Kaalrus pwned..... :)

Ralph King-Griffin
New Eden Tech Support
#1578 - 2016-08-21 02:12:55 UTC
Valkin Mordirc wrote:
I think the main reason they leave threads like this open is because it becoming a threadnought kinda proves that people are still active and they care about the game.

All the whine and complaining, and the people defending and countering and blah blah blah shows that the forum is active.

That and locking a thread saying, "AYE Dis game is dead yo" kinda looks bad in it's own right.

What would be worse if thread like these are left at page one. With nobody responding.

That or the ISD's are a sadistic bunch and they like to see people fight with each other like some sort of Forum Satan and we all died and this is our version of hell.


Both likely possibilities honestly

ive seen ezwal refer to these as "lighting rod" threads,
make of that what you will
Solecist Project
#1579 - 2016-08-21 02:50:32 UTC
Ralph King-Griffin wrote:

ive seen ezwal refer to these as "lighting rod" threads,
make of that what you will

i was thinking this. ^_^
Forever burnt into my memory...

And yours, apparently... :D

That ringing in your ears you're experiencing right now is the last gasping breathe of a dying inner ear as it got thoroughly PULVERISED by the point roaring over your head at supersonic speeds. - Tippia

Ralph King-Griffin
New Eden Tech Support
#1580 - 2016-08-21 03:16:38 UTC
Solecist Project wrote:
Ralph King-Griffin wrote:

ive seen ezwal refer to these as "lighting rod" threads,
make of that what you will

i was thinking this. ^_^
Forever burnt into my memory...

And yours, apparently... :D

Works though, and not just on us trolls either.
i have seen a couple of potential shinaniganisers get threads through without the ag lads jumping down tjeir throghts because they were buisy here.