These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Player Features and Ideas Discussion

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
12Next page
 

A Simple Tracking Statistic Request

Author
Dirty Forum Alt
Forum Alts Anonymous
#1 - 2016-08-05 13:54:33 UTC
I've looked around a bit, and I can't seem to find any threads on this subject that aren't ranting/raving against the new "Weapon Accuracy Score" - so for what it's worth I figured I'd make my own thread and keep this as simple as possible:


I have no problem with the Weapon Accuracy Score - leave it - great.

I would simply like to request that CCP please *also* display the radian/second tracking speed of the gun.

It can be a separate row, I'm OK with 1 more line of clutter on my weapon statistics - and I'm pretty sure everybody else is as well.



It would also be nice if they could display the *old* signature radius - even if they have to rename it to indicate it is an outdated system...but that is probably too much to hope for. I'd settle for just the radian/second statistic back.

Please Smile

The dead swans lay in the stagnant pool. They lay. They rotted. They turned Around occasionally. Bits of flesh dropped off them from Time to time. And sank into the pool's mire. They also smelt a great deal.

Paula Nancy Millstone Jennings (Sussex)

Dirty Forum Alt
Forum Alts Anonymous
#2 - 2016-08-05 17:37:18 UTC
I know its a boring, simple idea and no fun to troll - but if you want CCP to see this and implement it feel free to just post a brief affirmative in this thread to show them how many people want it.

I can't imagine how but if you have a problem with having a little more information about your guns go ahead and say so too?

The dead swans lay in the stagnant pool. They lay. They rotted. They turned Around occasionally. Bits of flesh dropped off them from Time to time. And sank into the pool's mire. They also smelt a great deal.

Paula Nancy Millstone Jennings (Sussex)

Dirty Forum Alt
Forum Alts Anonymous
#3 - 2016-09-13 21:39:21 UTC
Bump - Still seeing new threads opened in the wrong forum sections...

The dead swans lay in the stagnant pool. They lay. They rotted. They turned Around occasionally. Bits of flesh dropped off them from Time to time. And sank into the pool's mire. They also smelt a great deal.

Paula Nancy Millstone Jennings (Sussex)

Tsukino Stareine
Garoun Investment Bank
Gallente Federation
#4 - 2016-09-14 04:21:24 UTC
Bump I want my tracking back
Lugh Crow-Slave
#5 - 2016-09-14 04:57:06 UTC
oh no you guys don't understand CCP deemed it as not only "useless" but "confusing" surly they know best
Scipio Artelius
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#6 - 2016-09-14 05:10:12 UTC
Would love to have the old system back.
Ashterothi
Aideron Robotics
#7 - 2016-09-14 05:33:39 UTC
It is absolutely mandatory for the basic operation of your ship to be as clear as possible if you want to bring in players and not frustrate and confuse them.

There needs to be a clear way to see, in real time, how well you are tracking your target, and how much any tracking changes are impacting your ship.
Mornak
Exotic Dancers Union
#8 - 2016-09-15 11:05:08 UTC
Agreed, allow us to choose what to display.... that weapon accuracy score might be helpful in comparing different guns but it's utterly useless in a battle.

If people can't grasp the concept of angular velocity and distance to a ship (and a bit of signature resolution) then let them use the new weapon accuracy thing.... But please don't force us to use that stuff.

Seriously, what does a weapon accuracy score of 200 mean? 200 what? 'accuracies'? It's like merging agility/speed/inertia into a single attribute called 'quickness score' ...uh, my ship has quickness score of 234. How would this be helpful in any way? Or how about a 'defence score' because it's too hard to think about damage types and shield/armor/hull HPs... yeah, defence score of over 3000!!! I'm the brick!

Just let us choose, I for one do understand the concept of tracking speed... and my brain manages to remember 3 different signature resolutions that help me 'guess' how good my tracking might be... weapon accuracy is completely useless for that.
Donnachadh
United Allegiance of Undesirables
#9 - 2016-09-15 12:25:27 UTC
Remember as I post that I simply do not care whether this info makes a return to our displays or not, this really is just some random thoughts.

When the PvE side asks for the return of information that was displayed in times past but no longer is they are met with calls about not being lazy, or some form or are you incapable of remembering simple information about your ship. And here we are in yet another PvP oriented post where players are complaining about lost information. So I have to ask you the same question you ask the PvE players, is it really that hard to remember a few simple details about the ship you are flying?

For those who may still be reading instead of beating a keyboard to tell me I have no clue, or how stupid I am I do have a few suggestions that can help with your short term memory problems while you wait for CCP to decide to change this back to what we had before.

Post it Notes are a marvelous tool for this and most players have a convenient place to stick them along the top, bottom or sides of your monitor whichever you prefer.

The note pad feature of a smart phone makes a wonderful tool for this as well.

Me I prefer to go old school and use a little piece of paper they used to call a 3 x 5 file card. Made a holder that is attached to the top of my monitor and I can then place these cards into that holder and have any information I want right there on my display. And the best part is I get to decide what is displayed and how.
Dirty Forum Alt
Forum Alts Anonymous
#10 - 2016-09-15 12:57:08 UTC  |  Edited by: Dirty Forum Alt
Donnachadh wrote:
Remember as I post that I simply do not care whether this info makes a return to our displays or not, this really is just some random thoughts.

When the PvE side asks for the return of information that was displayed in times past but no longer is they are met with calls about not being lazy, or some form or are you incapable of remembering simple information about your ship. And here we are in yet another PvP oriented post where players are complaining about lost information. So I have to ask you the same question you ask the PvE players, is it really that hard to remember a few simple details about the ship you are flying?

For those who may still be reading instead of beating a keyboard to tell me I have no clue, or how stupid I am I do have a few suggestions that can help with your short term memory problems while you wait for CCP to decide to change this back to what we had before.

Post it Notes are a marvelous tool for this and most players have a convenient place to stick them along the top, bottom or sides of your monitor whichever you prefer.

The note pad feature of a smart phone makes a wonderful tool for this as well.

Me I prefer to go old school and use a little piece of paper they used to call a 3 x 5 file card. Made a holder that is attached to the top of my monitor and I can then place these cards into that holder and have any information I want right there on my display. And the best part is I get to decide what is displayed and how.

It isn't a matter of "remembering" anything - the information is not there to learn in the first place...

Also what information was present in PvE that was removed exactly?

PS: This applies to any ship with guns - just as much in PvE as in PvP...

The dead swans lay in the stagnant pool. They lay. They rotted. They turned Around occasionally. Bits of flesh dropped off them from Time to time. And sank into the pool's mire. They also smelt a great deal.

Paula Nancy Millstone Jennings (Sussex)

Zhilia Mann
Tide Way Out Productions
#11 - 2016-09-15 22:19:31 UTC
Oops. Forgot to bump this earlier. Bring back my damn tracking.
Lugh Crow-Slave
#12 - 2016-09-15 23:05:19 UTC
Donnachadh wrote:
Remember as I post that I simply do not care whether this info makes a return to our displays or not, this really is just some random thoughts.

When the PvE side asks for the return of information that was displayed in times past but no longer is they are met with calls about not being lazy, or some form or are you incapable of remembering simple information about your ship. And here we are in yet another PvP oriented post where players are complaining about lost information. So I have to ask you the same question you ask the PvE players, is it really that hard to remember a few simple details about the ship you are flying?

For those who may still be reading instead of beating a keyboard to tell me I have no clue, or how stupid I am I do have a few suggestions that can help with your short term memory problems while you wait for CCP to decide to change this back to what we had before.

Post it Notes are a marvelous tool for this and most players have a convenient place to stick them along the top, bottom or sides of your monitor whichever you prefer.

The note pad feature of a smart phone makes a wonderful tool for this as well.

Me I prefer to go old school and use a little piece of paper they used to call a 3 x 5 file card. Made a holder that is attached to the top of my monitor and I can then place these cards into that holder and have any information I want right there on my display. And the best part is I get to decide what is displayed and how.



how exactly are you supposed to remember information they don't give you?
Donnachadh
United Allegiance of Undesirables
#13 - 2016-09-16 14:54:57 UTC
Dirty Forum Alt wrote:
It isn't a matter of "remembering" anything - the information is not there to learn in the first place....

Lugh Crow-Slave wrote:
how exactly are you supposed to remember information they don't give you?

OK, admission of guilt time, I had not checked the show info display's on a turret and did not realize the tracking was removed completely, apologies for that. And yet it changes nothing, it still comes back to remembering a simple number and comparing that to the rest of the information your overview etc is set up to display, the same as you always have.

I never really looked at the tracking anyway, I just winged it by using the single best indicator of tracking there is, the damage numbers that roll by when I am shooting at something or someone. Nothing can be more elegant or more simple than those, the closer they are to your theoretical max volley the better your turrets are tracking. When they get to zero you are not hitting anything but empty space.

Perhaps some time on SISI with an older version of a fit tool that displays the radians per second along with a tool that displays the new and some experimentation will help you make the transition.

And yes you can continue to lobby CCP to change this back. Given CCP history on things like this I would suggest you do not hold your breath waiting for it to change back, not sure anyone has the lung capacity to wait that long.

Dirty Forum Alt
Forum Alts Anonymous
#14 - 2016-09-16 14:59:22 UTC
Donnachadh wrote:
Dirty Forum Alt wrote:
It isn't a matter of "remembering" anything - the information is not there to learn in the first place....

Lugh Crow-Slave wrote:
how exactly are you supposed to remember information they don't give you?

OK, admission of guilt time, I had not checked the show info display's on a turret and did not realize the tracking was removed completely, apologies for that. And yet it changes nothing, it still comes back to remembering a simple number and comparing that to the rest of the information your overview etc is set up to display, the same as you always have.

I never really looked at the tracking anyway, I just winged it by using the single best indicator of tracking there is, the damage numbers that roll by when I am shooting at something or someone. Nothing can be more elegant or more simple than those, the closer they are to your theoretical max volley the better your turrets are tracking. When they get to zero you are not hitting anything but empty space.

Perhaps some time on SISI with an older version of a fit tool that displays the radians per second along with a tool that displays the new and some experimentation will help you make the transition.

And yes you can continue to lobby CCP to change this back. Given CCP history on things like this I would suggest you do not hold your breath waiting for it to change back, not sure anyone has the lung capacity to wait that long.

So you are an idiot and you don't care about what your ship does - good for you.

There is still nothing to remember - so stop using the word.

And nobody is lobbying to "change" anything "back" - we are asking for the old statistic back *in addition* to the new statistic. Literally 1 extra line displayed in the weapon info.


But you don't actually care how your ship does anything...You have fun "just winging it"...

Also Just FYI - If I ever do encounter you in space:
By the time you find out whether you can hit me or not I'll be looting your corpse.

The dead swans lay in the stagnant pool. They lay. They rotted. They turned Around occasionally. Bits of flesh dropped off them from Time to time. And sank into the pool's mire. They also smelt a great deal.

Paula Nancy Millstone Jennings (Sussex)

Tusker Crazinski
Native Freshfood
Minmatar Republic
#15 - 2016-09-16 20:36:42 UTC
I've actually been wondering; with all sig rez at 40m does the new tracking formula make large guns track smaller ships better.

especially in falloff, where the disparity between sig rad and sig rez was amplified.
Dirty Forum Alt
Forum Alts Anonymous
#16 - 2016-09-16 20:40:24 UTC
Tusker Crazinski wrote:
I've actually been wondering; with all sig rez at 40m does the new tracking formula make large guns track smaller ships better.

especially in falloff, where the disparity between sig rad and sig rez was amplified.

#1 - 40km, not 40m - so if that was how it worked we would just not be able to hit anything.....ever.
#2 - No. The sig. res. number is now meaningless and irrelevant.

The dead swans lay in the stagnant pool. They lay. They rotted. They turned Around occasionally. Bits of flesh dropped off them from Time to time. And sank into the pool's mire. They also smelt a great deal.

Paula Nancy Millstone Jennings (Sussex)

Old Pervert
Perkone
Caldari State
#17 - 2016-09-16 21:02:56 UTC
I agree. While the new WAS is certainly a better formula, displaying a weapon's tracking speed in radians is WAY easier to understand.

As I understand it, the tracking speed is still a thing, it's just included in the WAS formula. I would love to have an abstracted tracking value available.
Arec Bardwin
#18 - 2016-10-07 02:10:38 UTC
Please show turret tracking in info display again. Thanks.
xStiL
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#19 - 2016-12-03 12:56:17 UTC
Divide your weapon accuracy score by 1000. You now have the rad/s tracking speed of your gun.
xStiL
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#20 - 2016-12-03 13:00:58 UTC
Tusker Crazinski wrote:
I've actually been wondering; with all sig rez at 40m does the new tracking formula make large guns track smaller ships better.

especially in falloff, where the disparity between sig rad and sig rez was amplified.



No, the changes were all in the display there were no changes to the actual tracking capabilities of any weapons.

Also, falloff has no effect on the relationship between sig rad and sig rez.
12Next page