These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE Alliance Tournament Discussion

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
 

Dear Logibro any plans for improving AT practice experience this year?

First post
Author
Mystic Rebel
Russian Thunder Squad
WE FORM V0LTA
#1 - 2016-07-09 13:02:57 UTC
Best option ofc is limited access systems on Duality but at least scan restricting mods like last year would be helpful.

And we need those 2.5 months (not 2.5 weeks) before the AT kickoff pls! <3
sharpscg
Shiva
Northern Coalition.
#2 - 2016-07-14 06:26:57 UTC
+1

We need tournament bubbles asap.
Lucas Quaan
Sniggerdly
Pandemic Legion
#3 - 2016-07-14 10:12:06 UTC
According to premiere customer outreach channel Slack, Logibro was working on setting up the tournament server Thunderdome a week ago. What that actually means in terms of a timeline for availability of said server is still clouded in mystery, though. I suggest consulting the alt.games.eve-online.tournaments newsgroup that I'm sure will be created shortly. :)
CCP Logibro
C C P
C C P Alliance
#4 - 2016-07-20 15:10:02 UTC  |  Edited by: CCP Logibro
Yes, there are plans.

At the moment, I'm working on Thunderdome, our new event server. I'm planning on making this available to teams for practice very soon after the teams have been confirmed.

So what do you get with Thunderdome? Thunderdome is a private server restricted to teams that are participating in the tournament. Your captain will get a bundle of accounts to distribute as well as some utility accounts. The utility accounts have roles on the server that allow them to spawn items, mess with your skills and use the tournament tool.

What this means is that you can practice as much as you want using the tournament tool to your heart's content, supplying yourself with as much gear as you need (including AT ships and officer modules, without it being traceable through market orders) and setup your skills as you want without have to mess with skill injectors.

I will add that while it will be possible to use some commands the roles give you on the utility accounts to potentially mess with other teams, their use is extensively logged. I will be checking, and if I find someone using the commands to attempt to interfere or spy on another team, that team is getting disqualified from the tournament.

More details on how all this will work soon. The server itself is online, but there's still some setup ongoing that's been delayed a little due to vacations.

CCP Logibro // EVE Universe Community Team // Distributor of Nanites // Patron Saint of Logistics

@CCP_Logibro

Skyler Hawk
The Tuskers
The Tuskers Co.
#5 - 2016-07-20 15:31:42 UTC
That all sounds very cool - looking forward to giving it a try!
Korth Orazi
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#6 - 2016-07-20 18:46:04 UTC
So basically Duality on crack? Me gusta...
Torgeir Hekard
I MYSELF AND ME
#7 - 2016-07-21 06:20:51 UTC  |  Edited by: Torgeir Hekard
Knowing how CCP "enforces" rules on singularity, I'm taking the checking-disqualification thing with a bag of salt.

Nevermind, screw that. Given that AT is a serious business, I'd throw my B-team under the bus if they could get me intel. That's a decent bargain. Or even just try buying some random team that's in it for the blingy skins.
SoulLess Zealot
Khaedra's Law
#8 - 2016-07-21 07:07:30 UTC
CCP Logibro wrote:
Yes, there are plans.

At the moment, I'm working on Thunderdome, our new event server. I.




hmmm; i feel like i have heard this name before....?......


So dose this mean i can get a free pass for myself and corpies even though were not competing ? i promise were impartial if anything good practice partners
Lucas Quaan
Sniggerdly
Pandemic Legion
#9 - 2016-07-21 09:19:12 UTC
\o/
Mystic Rebel
Russian Thunder Squad
WE FORM V0LTA
#10 - 2016-07-21 14:30:53 UTC
Many thanks for your reply!

CCP Logibro wrote:

I will add that while it will be possible to use some commands the roles give you on the utility accounts to potentially mess with other teams, their use is extensively logged. I will be checking, and if I find someone using the commands to attempt to interfere or spy on another team, that team is getting disqualified from the tournament.


Does this also include any kind of spying on other teams or only spying using cmd tools?

Can we please fully exclude the spying factor this year and make any kind of AT spying disqualifiable offence?
Greygal
Redemption Road
Affirmative.
#11 - 2016-07-23 03:52:42 UTC
Mystic Rebel wrote:
Many thanks for your reply!

CCP Logibro wrote:

I will add that while it will be possible to use some commands the roles give you on the utility accounts to potentially mess with other teams, their use is extensively logged. I will be checking, and if I find someone using the commands to attempt to interfere or spy on another team, that team is getting disqualified from the tournament.


Does this also include any kind of spying on other teams or only spying using cmd tools?

Can we please fully exclude the spying factor this year and make any kind of AT spying disqualifiable offence?


Making any kind of AT spying subject to team disqualification would be terrible! How on earth would CCP police private forums, out of game chats, deep-seeded spais in teams, and more? Frankly, they don't have the time - especially considering that the majority of the CCP people working on the tournament are doing so as volunteers!

Abusing server commands to gain an advantage over another team on CCP's privately-managed server for team benefit IS something they can - and should - police. It also makes sense for them to not want the special tools they are going to give us to be abused by those they grant access to them.

Just my two bytes.

What you do for yourself dies with you, what you do for others is immortal.

Free weekly public roams & monthly NewBro new player roams!

Visit Redemption Road or join mailing list REDEMPTION ROAMS for information

Zamrikus
Disturbance.
Ops-Elite
#12 - 2016-07-23 11:25:10 UTC  |  Edited by: Zamrikus
This would be a really cool feature to have available to all Pilots, many alliances or groups could stage their own mock tournaments, and I feel that it would add a very interesting aspect to EVE Online. It really would have a lot of potential to evolve, and grow. I can even see people streaming matches from the server and like running some sort of betting system on it. It could be used to settle disputes, and just to test your mettle and worth against other talented pilots.

This would also help new teams who want to enter, get the practice they need in order to compete with long time competitors.

Essentially it would just be another test server, or use this same server, but maybe have it restricted during Alliance Tournament Season; if resources and server maintenance are issues.

I feel this would be a good move, and be very well received by the general population of players.
Mystic Rebel
Russian Thunder Squad
WE FORM V0LTA
#13 - 2016-07-25 09:32:27 UTC
Greygal wrote:
Mystic Rebel wrote:
Many thanks for your reply!

CCP Logibro wrote:

I will add that while it will be possible to use some commands the roles give you on the utility accounts to potentially mess with other teams, their use is extensively logged. I will be checking, and if I find someone using the commands to attempt to interfere or spy on another team, that team is getting disqualified from the tournament.


Does this also include any kind of spying on other teams or only spying using cmd tools?

Can we please fully exclude the spying factor this year and make any kind of AT spying disqualifiable offence?


Making any kind of AT spying subject to team disqualification would be terrible! How on earth would CCP police private forums, out of game chats, deep-seeded spais in teams, and more? Frankly, they don't have the time - especially considering that the majority of the CCP people working on the tournament are doing so as volunteers!

Let me remind you that less than a year ago CCP disqualified two top teams on the basis of evidence which was not anyhow reflected ingame. Moreover, in the investigation process they must have taken player provided screenshots/logs/other recordings as evidence which is strictly against EULA.

So it's not an excuse tbh.
Arloste Rampage
Doomheim
#14 - 2016-07-25 10:58:46 UTC
Mystic Rebel wrote:
Greygal wrote:
Mystic Rebel wrote:
Many thanks for your reply!

CCP Logibro wrote:

I will add that while it will be possible to use some commands the roles give you on the utility accounts to potentially mess with other teams, their use is extensively logged. I will be checking, and if I find someone using the commands to attempt to interfere or spy on another team, that team is getting disqualified from the tournament.


Does this also include any kind of spying on other teams or only spying using cmd tools?

Can we please fully exclude the spying factor this year and make any kind of AT spying disqualifiable offence?


Making any kind of AT spying subject to team disqualification would be terrible! How on earth would CCP police private forums, out of game chats, deep-seeded spais in teams, and more? Frankly, they don't have the time - especially considering that the majority of the CCP people working on the tournament are doing so as volunteers!

Let me remind you that less than a year ago CCP disqualified two top teams on the basis of evidence which was not anyhow reflected ingame. Moreover, in the investigation process they must have taken player provided screenshots/logs/other recordings as evidence which is strictly against EULA.

So it's not an excuse tbh.


Tbh, all of the evidence publicly shown last year could have easily been created by a 3rd party (skype nicknames arent unique etc etc. So please, go ahead with this, should ensure +1 pl victory
Mystic Rebel
Russian Thunder Squad
WE FORM V0LTA
#15 - 2016-07-26 10:33:32 UTC  |  Edited by: Mystic Rebel
Arloste Rampage wrote:
Mystic Rebel wrote:
Greygal wrote:
Mystic Rebel wrote:
Many thanks for your reply!

CCP Logibro wrote:

I will add that while it will be possible to use some commands the roles give you on the utility accounts to potentially mess with other teams, their use is extensively logged. I will be checking, and if I find someone using the commands to attempt to interfere or spy on another team, that team is getting disqualified from the tournament.


Does this also include any kind of spying on other teams or only spying using cmd tools?

Can we please fully exclude the spying factor this year and make any kind of AT spying disqualifiable offence?


Making any kind of AT spying subject to team disqualification would be terrible! How on earth would CCP police private forums, out of game chats, deep-seeded spais in teams, and more? Frankly, they don't have the time - especially considering that the majority of the CCP people working on the tournament are doing so as volunteers!

Let me remind you that less than a year ago CCP disqualified two top teams on the basis of evidence which was not anyhow reflected ingame. Moreover, in the investigation process they must have taken player provided screenshots/logs/other recordings as evidence which is strictly against EULA.

So it's not an excuse tbh.


Tbh, all of the evidence publicly shown last year could have easily been created by a 3rd party (skype nicknames arent unique etc etc. So please, go ahead with this, should ensure +1 pl victory


You are wrong with this, because PL has always heavily relied on spying, metagaming and counter-setups unlike teams that relied more on execution (like Hydra, Camel, Tuskers). So I would say that would do them more harm than good.

It is also strange that Eve competitive gaming has never followed Fair Play principles. I mean for the sandbox all this dirty gaming stuff is fun and interesting, but for tournaments it is not, especially considering the amount of limitations already applied. Because currently the rules look like they were tweaked for certain team(s) convenience. You can't do *these* questionable things but can do *that* even more questionable stuff.

I hope Thunderdome server will much or less solve this issue.