These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
 

Anyone else find the docking/undocking thing annoying?

First post
Author
Kaivarian Coste
High Sec Express
#61 - 2016-06-29 13:58:06 UTC
I got nauseous when my ship undocked. I don't if it's the way the camera pans out and follows your ship, but it didn't feel good. (no troll)
Shuckstar
Blue Dreams Plus
#62 - 2016-06-29 14:22:15 UTC
It's not just annoying it's ******* terrible...

CCP Greyscale wrote:"OK, I've read every post up to page 200, and we're getting to a point in this thread where there's not a lot of new concerns or suggestions being brought up. There will be future threads (and future blogs) as we tune details, but for now I want to thank you for all of your constructive input, and wish you a good weekend :)"

Rovinia
Exotic Dancers Union
SONS of BANE
#63 - 2016-06-29 14:27:16 UTC  |  Edited by: Rovinia
I like it.

Some people will only stop complaining if eve looks like this: + Link +
Fodan
Phoenix Ashes Inc.
#64 - 2016-06-29 14:38:30 UTC
I like it :P

I think the docking one is better than the undock - I'd like to see my ship move all the way from the hangar to space without any black screen....
Aramatheia
Tiffany and Co.
#65 - 2016-06-29 14:39:20 UTC
i have mixed feelings, i actually find the undock effect very cool and i have just been letting it play out regardless.

However

the instation effrect is more problematic. It seems to be somehow immensly intensive in some way. Earlier today i literally sat looking at a black screen for about a minute after docking before it would finally play the in station docking thing. Even at the best of times from the start of that transition where the ship disappears to gaining access to station facilities has increased by at least 20 seconds for me.

It used to just do the "docking request accepted" ship disappears station interior appears and services are available all in a few seconds.

So undock effect i like

in station effect i would prefer to turn off
CCP Darwin
C C P
C C P Alliance
#66 - 2016-06-29 14:43:49 UTC
Aramatheia wrote:
Even at the best of times from the start of that transition where the ship disappears to gaining access to station facilities has increased by at least 20 seconds for me.


Can you bug report this by pressing F12 and clicking the Report Bug button?

Please mention in your bug report whether you have "Download everything" checked in your launcher settings when you start the game.

CCP Darwin  •  Senior Software Engineer, Art & Graphics, EVE Online  •  @mark_wilkins

Autumn Equinox
Evil Young Flesh
#67 - 2016-06-29 15:14:48 UTC
Please can you add a option to remove the new docking and un-docking in the graphics settings.

I personally suffer from motion sickness / vertigo - I have already disabled the camera shake and the new camera tracking etc.

Some people like myself cannot play games like valkyrie / Elite Dangerous / even Fallout V without getting a headache / feeling seasick.

I recognise this may seem like a very small point - but it would make a difference to players who are affected by this, just give us the option to disable it, that's all we ask.






Sunwell
Bailiffs
Evictus.
#68 - 2016-06-29 15:39:33 UTC
The feature is fine.

I like it.
Bad Bobby
Bring Me Sunshine
In Tea We Trust
#69 - 2016-06-29 15:44:12 UTC
Sunwell wrote:
The feature is fine.

I like it.

And that is why the people who are impacted negatively by it would like to be able to disable it.

You can still enjoy it.

We were never going to enjoy it, because it's not designed for us, it's designed for you.
Nairobi al-Kashmir
Republic University
Minmatar Republic
#70 - 2016-06-29 16:32:51 UTC
Sulfurblade wrote:
Vocal Minority???

Your literally the first person I have heard say anything remotely positive about this in help chat today there was a very common theme people who never enter the channel asking the same two questions!

1) How do I remove the new docking annimation... The question was asked more times then there are Sub's in the Eve Universe!

2) What happened to the 10,000 SP feature where did it go why did they take it away?!?

I really think your very out of touch with the majority on this particular issue!!!


It is well documented that people who like X are less likely to voice it. It is those who dislike X who are vocal. This gives the wrong perception that a majority dislikes a feature or product (even more so if that vocal minority is of ones own opinion).

A person that loves feature or product X is not going to call the customer-service to tell them how awesome it is. It is those who dislike the feature or the product that voice it.

100 people complaining about feature or product X might be a lot, but it's still a minority in comparison to the entriet of people who use the feature / product.

Your "I've heard many say X or Y therefore it must be true" is a very poor argumentation to make your point, sorry to break it on you.

And besides, with hyperbole like yours (see your quote), you cannot be taken seriously anyway. Especially not if in this very thread are people with a positive or at least neutral opinion on said feature (and yet you claim to never have heard it).

So I guess you have to listen a bit closer (or actually read the comments) and not only register the people who are of the same opinion as you.

Talking about out of touch...
Crosi Wesdo
War and Order
#71 - 2016-06-29 16:34:57 UTC
CCP Darwin wrote:
Valkin Mordirc wrote:
I honestly wouldn't mind it, but there are a few major problems which for me personally ruin it.

Comments that express specifically what you like and what could be better are exactly the kind of feedback the camera team needs on this feature. I recommend posting in the release feedback thread so they'll have the best chance to see it.


Theres an entire camera team? I thought it was a side project for the cleaning lady while ccp staff are down the boozer.
Buliki
Publicly Owned Customs Offices
#72 - 2016-06-29 17:07:12 UTC  |  Edited by: Buliki
suddenly, A challenger Appears
Crosi Wesdo
War and Order
#73 - 2016-06-29 17:38:42 UTC  |  Edited by: Crosi Wesdo
Nairobi al-Kashmir wrote:
Sulfurblade wrote:
Vocal Minority???

Your literally the first person I have heard say anything remotely positive about this in help chat today there was a very common theme people who never enter the channel asking the same two questions!

1) How do I remove the new docking annimation... The question was asked more times then there are Sub's in the Eve Universe!

2) What happened to the 10,000 SP feature where did it go why did they take it away?!?

I really think your very out of touch with the majority on this particular issue!!!


It is well documented that people who like X are less likely to voice it. It is those who dislike X who are vocal. This gives the wrong perception that a majority dislikes a feature or product (even more so if that vocal minority is of ones own opinion).

A person that loves feature or product X is not going to call the customer-service to tell them how awesome it is. It is those who dislike the feature or the product that voice it.

100 people complaining about feature or product X might be a lot, but it's still a minority in comparison to the entriet of people who use the feature / product.

Your "I've heard many say X or Y therefore it must be true" is a very poor argumentation to make your point, sorry to break it on you.

And besides, with hyperbole like yours (see your quote), you cannot be taken seriously anyway. Especially not if in this very thread are people with a positive or at least neutral opinion on said feature (and yet you claim to never have heard it).

So I guess you have to listen a bit closer (or actually read the comments) and not only register the people who are of the same opinion as you.

Talking about out of touch...


Lets be clear. this is a bit of simple camera panning. No one asked for it. Those that are quiet are not the issue. Even if its a vocal minority who are upset by a feature that no one asked for, that adds nothing to the game, that doesnt even look very good if we remember this is 2016 and compare it to the current state of high end graphics out there. This little bit of camera panning is disorienting to some, to others like me it just looks tacky. I find it hard to imagine that there are many people out there that are blown away by this.

Then there are the practical issues. Does it matter if most people dont care if control of their space submarine is snatched from them after undock for a moment after they provide an input to the camera?

Im not saying this whole new camera is dogshite because most people dont like it. Most people dont play the game like i do. Some dont even undock. Im saying the camera is dogshite because its just dogsnite in almost every way. I have zero regard if others dont care, i would have hoped CCP would want to make something at least as good as what we hard before, rather than adding lots of polish for us all to slip about on.

- Panning up and down requires 2x input compared to panning left and right.
- There are too many zoom increments when very close to ship, which flips when zooming further away when increments are very few and far between making it sometimes awkward to find a comfortable zoom level when kiting large gangs and fleets.
- This spread of zoom increments on the new camera zoom makes ratchet-less scroll wheels almost uncontrollable for the purposes of zooming for the higher ranges.
- Max zoom out is now about 200km on grids that are 10000km wide. Used to be 1000km on grids that were 600km wide.
- And now, when undocking and providing the first manual input, the camera is snatched from you and does an arbitrary zoom before yielding control to you even though you are already moments into trying to do so.

It garbage. Its a total mess.

Now, just because high sec bears, null f1 monkeys, station traders, miners and any number of other players dont care to the extent that CCP could take as big a turf on the primary input method for this game and they wouldnt notice. As a player who flies fast ships against larger gangs, and i am not alone, this camera is just worse in nearly every way and makes controlling the game harder. For no good reason.

Ive basically retired to F1 monkeying at the weekend and forum warrioring since i just cant bring myself to undock to fight the new badly implimented, over polished camera. Which might sound like an overreaction to some. But remember, the camera is the primary input method for manually piloting.

For me, using the new camera is like someone snatched my g502 and replaced it with a £2.99 chinese no-make mouse. Sure, it does essentially the same thing, but i notice a big difference.
Nairobi al-Kashmir
Republic University
Minmatar Republic
#74 - 2016-06-29 18:05:39 UTC
Crosi Wesdo wrote:
[Snip]


I did not argue that you (and others) dislike the feature for various reasons. And it is good that you are voicing this in the forums (hopefully in a constructive and respectful way).

I am not opposed to your opinion. Not at all. I even support the idea of an option to toggle off the docking / undocking feature in order to please people like you as well, as your concerns are valid, too.

My reply that you quoted was not to go against the complaints. My post was a reply to the person who made silly argumentations and false accusations.
Crosi Wesdo
War and Order
#75 - 2016-06-29 18:11:07 UTC
Nairobi al-Kashmir wrote:
Crosi Wesdo wrote:
[Snip]


I did not argue that you (and others) dislike the feature for various reasons. And it is good that you are voicing this in the forums (hopefully in a constructive and respectful way).

I am not opposed to your opinion. Not at all. I even support the idea of an option to toggle off the docking / undocking feature in order to please people like you as well, as your concerns are valid, too.

My reply that you quoted was not to go against the complaints. My post was a reply to the person who made silly argumentations and false accusations.


So you were looking for some kind of self validation through some armchair forum moderation? Thats very productive.
cochar Andedare
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#76 - 2016-06-29 18:35:44 UTC
It makes me feel ill. Please provide a way to turn it off.
Buliki
Publicly Owned Customs Offices
#77 - 2016-06-29 18:49:43 UTC  |  Edited by: Buliki
what is love?
Nairobi al-Kashmir
Republic University
Minmatar Republic
#78 - 2016-06-29 18:53:21 UTC
Crosi Wesdo wrote:
Nairobi al-Kashmir wrote:
Crosi Wesdo wrote:
[Snip]


I did not argue that you (and others) dislike the feature for various reasons. And it is good that you are voicing this in the forums (hopefully in a constructive and respectful way).

I am not opposed to your opinion. Not at all. I even support the idea of an option to toggle off the docking / undocking feature in order to please people like you as well, as your concerns are valid, too.

My reply that you quoted was not to go against the complaints. My post was a reply to the person who made silly argumentations and false accusations.


So you were looking for some kind of self validation through some armchair forum moderation? Thats very productive.


Not at all. Not sure how you come to that conclusion.
KaarBaak
Squirrel Team
#79 - 2016-06-29 19:03:32 UTC
What kind of space pirates are we raising that they get a little tummy-ache and dizzy from a chase camera?

KB

Dum Spiro Spero

TheTennant
Third Attention
#80 - 2016-06-29 19:04:18 UTC
ARES-DESIDERATUS wrote:
Every time I dock or undock now, it's annoying as **** the way the camera spins around my ship and stuff. Maybe i'll get used to it, and yes im aware i can interrupt it any time but it's still annoying to have to do that.



You are such an ass hole. This is a game, if you don't like it **** off.