These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
 

Drone Deployment animation!

Author
Jacob Hita
Perkone
Caldari State
#1 - 2016-06-09 05:04:34 UTC
How many people agree with me that CCP should add a drone deployment animation to carriers?
Nana Skalski
Taisaanat Kotei
EDENCOM Defensive Initiative
#2 - 2016-06-09 06:40:56 UTC  |  Edited by: Nana Skalski
If it would not impact the performance of client and would not take away from supposedly more meaningfull features, whynot?
Also I think they should adress stage 4 cancer, that is gatecamping in carriers.
Eternus8lux8lucis
Guardians of the Gate
RAZOR Alliance
#3 - 2016-06-09 07:48:08 UTC
The opening screen when you load the Eve client for the first time.... do you still watch it? If not why not? I mean its COOL!! isnt it?! Sure the first time, hell you may even want to go and uncheck that lil box in the Escape menu just to watch it again as its been like FOREVER since you saw it right?

Its great once or twice, or the few times youll be all like hey man!! check THIS out!! to a friend or newbro to the game you managed to con...eeer get interested.... yes thats it... into looking at the game. But how many times will you want to wait for some inane cut scene before your fighters launch and you can do things? Will it be fun the 10th time? 100th? 1000th?


Yeah... thought so. No offense the Battlestar Galactica fighter swarm idea coming out of the ship would look COOL, but for how long? For an Eve trailer sure, but for normal gameplay it adds nothing but a time sink between hitting the button and you actually doing something in game.

Have you heard anything I've said?

You said it's all circling the drain, the whole universe. Right?

That's right.

Had to end sometime.

Sustrai Aditua
Intandofisa
#4 - 2016-06-10 15:10:56 UTC
Bugs Bunny or Donald Duck should fly out a hatch, circle the ship, then say in a large cartoon bubble,

"Your drones are deployed, Skipper!" (...with a smart salute!)

If we get chased by zombies, I'm tripping you.

Drammie Askold
Hideaway Hunters
The Hideaway.
#5 - 2016-06-10 16:10:47 UTC
How many different types of drones are there? How many kinds of drone capable ships? Multiply these numbers together and you end up with a metric ****-ton of work for very little.

Tl;dr Bad idea!

P.S. I do remember seeing a trailer (can't remember which one) which had, I think, sentry drones deploying and firing.

As the blessed St. Reptilicus said "Some days you can't get a drink on the cuff anyplace."

Nana Skalski
Taisaanat Kotei
EDENCOM Defensive Initiative
#6 - 2016-06-11 16:04:30 UTC  |  Edited by: Nana Skalski
I would not completely shoot down this idea because we have for example already those drones and fighters in space, same as turrets animated of course, and many different weapon effects. The animation together with time for reaction could be so fast as the deployment is now, 4 drones or fighters appearing at bay exit and moving to the target is essentialy the same as them appearing around the ship from nowhere. Sentry drones could be deployed like they are now.

No lengthy animations of course. Just a point of them appearing and maybe a little speed and vector they initially would have.
Julanna Egnald
Del's Industrial Strip Mining
#7 - 2016-06-11 17:44:05 UTC
Drammie Askold wrote:
How many different types of drones are there? How many kinds of drone capable ships? Multiply these numbers together and you end up with a metric ****-ton of work for very little.

Tl;dr Bad idea!

P.S. I do remember seeing a trailer (can't remember which one) which had, I think, sentry drones deploying and firing.


It was when the Stratios and the ghost sites were launched. I don't remember the xpac.
Linus Gorp
Ministry of Propaganda and Morale
#8 - 2016-06-11 17:58:55 UTC
This is something they want to implement at some point and have been working towards for a while (visible drone bays on remodeled ships).

When you don't know the difference between there, their, and they're, you come across as being so uneducated that your viewpoint can be safely dismissed. The literate is unlikely to learn much from the illiterate.

Ravien Darkstarr
New Eden Film Society
#9 - 2016-06-12 07:26:52 UTC
Missiles used to launch from the center of your ship as a giant ball. If they could change the animations on missiles, maybe they can do it with drones as well! Just because it's not something you would look at often doesn't mean it shouldn't be added. The question is what priority it should have. They've made a LOT of art additions in the past few years so I wouldn't say it won't happen eventually.

Casual maker of EVE Online (and other) game videos: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC1cYAJAR3TRG4A9MtXfgXIA

Nalia White
Tencus
#10 - 2016-06-12 14:20:44 UTC
Eternus8lux8lucis wrote:
The opening screen when you load the Eve client for the first time.... do you still watch it? If not why not? I mean its COOL!! isnt it?! Sure the first time, hell you may even want to go and uncheck that lil box in the Escape menu just to watch it again as its been like FOREVER since you saw it right?

Its great once or twice, or the few times youll be all like hey man!! check THIS out!! to a friend or newbro to the game you managed to con...eeer get interested.... yes thats it... into looking at the game. But how many times will you want to wait for some inane cut scene before your fighters launch and you can do things? Will it be fun the 10th time? 100th? 1000th?


Yeah... thought so. No offense the Battlestar Galactica fighter swarm idea coming out of the ship would look COOL, but for how long? For an Eve trailer sure, but for normal gameplay it adds nothing but a time sink between hitting the button and you actually doing something in game.


what an argument Roll

we would still play in vector graphics if it were for you, right?

Syndicate - K5-JRD

Home to few, graveyard for many

My biggest achievement

Eternus8lux8lucis
Guardians of the Gate
RAZOR Alliance
#11 - 2016-06-12 19:34:09 UTC
Nalia White wrote:
Eternus8lux8lucis wrote:
The opening screen when you load the Eve client for the first time.... do you still watch it? If not why not? I mean its COOL!! isnt it?! Sure the first time, hell you may even want to go and uncheck that lil box in the Escape menu just to watch it again as its been like FOREVER since you saw it right?

Its great once or twice, or the few times youll be all like hey man!! check THIS out!! to a friend or newbro to the game you managed to con...eeer get interested.... yes thats it... into looking at the game. But how many times will you want to wait for some inane cut scene before your fighters launch and you can do things? Will it be fun the 10th time? 100th? 1000th?


Yeah... thought so. No offense the Battlestar Galactica fighter swarm idea coming out of the ship would look COOL, but for how long? For an Eve trailer sure, but for normal gameplay it adds nothing but a time sink between hitting the button and you actually doing something in game.


what an argument Roll

we would still play in vector graphics if it were for you, right?

What an argumentRoll

Look ma I can play this game too.

This is a stupid assumption and you should literally feel awful for suggesting it.

I think the same can be said for your choice of arguments too though. If it were for you wed still not be trying to understand others points of views and actual arguments and instead just attacking them all the time....Roll

Have you heard anything I've said?

You said it's all circling the drain, the whole universe. Right?

That's right.

Had to end sometime.

Eternus8lux8lucis
Guardians of the Gate
RAZOR Alliance
#12 - 2016-06-12 19:36:28 UTC
Now for the serious reply....


Tbh if they implemented it like the missiles or gun fire Id be ALL for it. But after CPU frying CQs and all the promises of cool features that STILL add nothing to actual gameplay you can color me... skeptical. Intention is great but Im sure we all know that good intentions make this world the s***hole it still is.Lol

Have you heard anything I've said?

You said it's all circling the drain, the whole universe. Right?

That's right.

Had to end sometime.

Nana Skalski
Taisaanat Kotei
EDENCOM Defensive Initiative
#13 - 2016-06-12 19:41:36 UTC  |  Edited by: Nana Skalski
Eternus8lux8lucis wrote:
Nalia White wrote:
Eternus8lux8lucis wrote:
The opening screen when you load the Eve client for the first time.... do you still watch it? If not why not? I mean its COOL!! isnt it?! Sure the first time, hell you may even want to go and uncheck that lil box in the Escape menu just to watch it again as its been like FOREVER since you saw it right?

Its great once or twice, or the few times youll be all like hey man!! check THIS out!! to a friend or newbro to the game you managed to con...eeer get interested.... yes thats it... into looking at the game. But how many times will you want to wait for some inane cut scene before your fighters launch and you can do things? Will it be fun the 10th time? 100th? 1000th?


Yeah... thought so. No offense the Battlestar Galactica fighter swarm idea coming out of the ship would look COOL, but for how long? For an Eve trailer sure, but for normal gameplay it adds nothing but a time sink between hitting the button and you actually doing something in game.


what an argument Roll

we would still play in vector graphics if it were for you, right?

What an argumentRoll

Look ma I can play this game too.

This is a stupid assumption and you should literally feel awful for suggesting it.

I think the same can be said for your choice of arguments too though. If it were for you wed still not be trying to understand others points of views and actual arguments and instead just attacking them all the time....Roll

Nobody said anything about "inane cut scene" but you. You are first making up some **** and then start to argue against it. Lol
Spazzy Fit
Citalopram Appreciation Society
#14 - 2016-06-13 07:35:38 UTC
Nalia White wrote:
Eternus8lux8lucis wrote:
The opening screen when you load the Eve client for the first time.... do you still watch it? If not why not? I mean its COOL!! isnt it?! Sure the first time, hell you may even want to go and uncheck that lil box in the Escape menu just to watch it again as its been like FOREVER since you saw it right?

Its great once or twice, or the few times youll be all like hey man!! check THIS out!! to a friend or newbro to the game you managed to con...eeer get interested.... yes thats it... into looking at the game. But how many times will you want to wait for some inane cut scene before your fighters launch and you can do things? Will it be fun the 10th time? 100th? 1000th?


Yeah... thought so. No offense the Battlestar Galactica fighter swarm idea coming out of the ship would look COOL, but for how long? For an Eve trailer sure, but for normal gameplay it adds nothing but a time sink between hitting the button and you actually doing something in game.


what an argument Roll

we would still play in vector graphics if it were for you, right?


Nothing wrong with vector graphics! Eve Online, on a ZX Spectrum! Yes, make this happen Big smile