These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE New Citizens Q&A

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
12Next page
 

About Citadel Update

Author
Psyke Thevisitors
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#1 - 2016-05-12 16:54:44 UTC
I've never seen Citadel, I will never see Citadel.
In this case I would like the developer explain how it is an improvement of the game for players or if it's just for a minority of players who will benefit or if it's just to justify an update and do a nice video
Ralph King-Griffin
New Eden Tech Support
#2 - 2016-05-12 17:09:45 UTC
Overview settings, under structure, tic the box next to "Citadel", fly two jumps in any direction.
Memphis Baas
#3 - 2016-05-12 19:13:23 UTC
So if you look at the reddit forums, or even in general discussion, you'll see that a lot of players installed a lot of these citadels, and they immediately got blown up. Which, for you, that means that the game is healthy and all that ore you're mining is really desirable because they want to build more citadels with it. And also, when you tire of high-sec and want to join a corp, you'll find that they're all looking for pilots because they need more people so they can go blow up their enemy citadels.

This game is player-driven. The market is players. Without constant wars and PVP, the market goes to **** and nobody enjoys the game anymore. You should be excited whenever CCP releases new things that can be blown up, because everybody suddenly finds something to do, some reason to play.
Memphis Baas
#4 - 2016-05-12 19:18:34 UTC
High-sec is like being a peasant in a village that's currently housing and feeding the king's army.

What do soldiers do when they're bored? They harrass the local populace. As soon as there's a war, all the villagers cheer because the soldiers will be moving off to go shoot some other people in a far off place.

Citadels are AWESOME reasons to go to war. All the high-sec gankers are moving off to kill themselves some citadels somewhere.

That's how it's affecting you.
highonpop
KarmaFleet
Goonswarm Federation
#5 - 2016-05-12 19:33:02 UTC
If you live in HS, the only way to not see a Citadels is to just never warp to one. They are everywhere.

FC, what do?

ergherhdfgh
Imperial Academy
Amarr Empire
#6 - 2016-05-12 23:34:46 UTC
Memphis Baas wrote:
High-sec is like being a peasant in a village that's currently housing and feeding the king's army.

What do soldiers do when they're bored? They harrass the local populace. As soon as there's a war, all the villagers cheer because the soldiers will be moving off to go shoot some other people in a far off place.

Citadels are AWESOME reasons to go to war. All the high-sec gankers are moving off to kill themselves some citadels somewhere.

That's how it's affecting you.

At that point in time you must be very very careful. Because when the soldiers run off to do something else that is when Trogdor comes by to burninate both the countryside and the peasants.

Want to talk? Join Cara's channel in game: House Forelli

ergherhdfgh
Imperial Academy
Amarr Empire
#7 - 2016-05-12 23:41:20 UTC
Psyke Thevisitors wrote:
I've never seen Citadel, I will never see Citadel.

I'm not sure why you would say this.

I am one of the biggest carebears in the game and I've lived in null for years now. Even if Citadels were null sec only there is no reason that you can't go to null sec except your choice not to. And if you choose not to experience some aspects of the game how is that the Devs fault? Also since when do the Devs have to check with you before they develop new stuff to make sure that you will use it?

Want to talk? Join Cara's channel in game: House Forelli

Iria Ahrens
Space Perverts and Forum Pirates
#8 - 2016-05-13 00:03:31 UTC  |  Edited by: Iria Ahrens
Psyke Thevisitors wrote:
I've never seen Citadel, I will never see Citadel.
In this case I would like the developer explain how it is an improvement of the game for players or if it's just for a minority of players who will benefit or if it's just to justify an update and do a nice video



I understand that Citadels will eventually replace all stations. Even if that idea was nixed, player Citadels will eventually appear in HS and many speculate already about them displacing Jita and other NPC hubs. So yes, if you continue to play eve, you will see citadels. They are super expensive and require many resources to build, so they will take a while to displace other stations.

In eve everything affects everyone. I don't mine. But when a new mining ship comes out, that still affects me in one way or another.

Citadels are huge and expensive. Thus they create conflict, which is the point of everything in the game--improve player options, and create player conflict.

This is a sandbox. Devs give us tools. If you don't like to use a shovel, or if you can't afford an RV on the beach, that doesn't make it someone else's job to justify to you your lack of interest. But to think that anything the devs put out won't affect you means you don't get EVE at all.

Also, this isn't exactly a NQ&A type question. It belongs in GD where we can tell you how we really feel.


- edit - ahh Citadels are apparently already in HS. Go figure.

My choice of pronouns is based on your avatar. Even if I know what is behind the avatar.

Drake Valteric
Nightfall Syndicate Incorporated
#9 - 2016-05-13 09:38:07 UTC
The devs of CCP, like any other game, will keep improving the game for both new players and the more experienced ones. It's obvious that the Citadels are the next tiers for the veteran players, and it also gives the new players something to stride for. And to be frank, with the addition of skill injectors to the game, there is no reason why a new player should feel like this isn't within his grasp to achieve.

Not everything can be in a new player's hand day one, or day five.
Viri Tellan
House of the Inner Sun
#10 - 2016-05-13 09:39:49 UTC
Don't know why adding Citadels is such a big deal.
Gully Alex Foyle
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#11 - 2016-05-13 10:39:38 UTC
Viri Tellan wrote:
Don't know why adding Citadels is such a big deal.

. They're the first step in erasing POSs (which was a necessity) and to expand space structures beyond POSs (which is cool)
. They're conflict drivers
. They make a significant difference in any territorial-based PVP (staging out of a Citadel is a big deal), especially in wormholes
. Most people love to build big shiny things

Those are all big points for a large part of EVE's playerbase (in all space: high, low, null, wh). Some won't care all that much, but that can be said of any big feature.

Also, it's true that they impact more the conflict and player-vs.-player-interaction side of the game, but that will always be the core of EVE's gameplay. Other MMOs probably do PVE better than EVE, few do PVP as good as EVE does.

Make space glamorous! Is EVE dying or not? Ask the EVE-O Death-o-meter!

Vimsy Vortis
Shoulda Checked Local
Break-A-Wish Foundation
#12 - 2016-05-13 11:12:29 UTC
Gully Alex Foyle wrote:
They're conflict drivers

They're really not.
Tipa Riot
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#13 - 2016-05-13 12:20:46 UTC
You must be living under a rock or in an empty WH ... Citadels are everywhere, especially in highsec. Beside the profit opportunities, this expansion brought a huge QoL improvement for me, as I'm now able to switch clones multiple times a day without cooldown. Big smile

I'm my own NPC alt.

Iria Ahrens
Space Perverts and Forum Pirates
#14 - 2016-05-13 13:40:04 UTC  |  Edited by: Iria Ahrens
Viri Tellan wrote:
Don't know why adding Citadels is such a big deal.


They are the next step towards a completely player driven world. Devs have already expressed their vision that EVERYTHING will be built by players. Stations, skillbooks, and eventually, even the gates.

So look forward to the day when gates become destroyable objects. That day is now closer.

My choice of pronouns is based on your avatar. Even if I know what is behind the avatar.

Lan Wang
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#15 - 2016-05-13 14:12:22 UTC
Tipa Riot wrote:
I'm now able to switch clones multiple times a day without cooldown. Big smile


wut? Shocked

Domination Nephilim - Angel Cartel

Calm down miner. As you pointed out, people think they can get away with stuff they would not in rl... Like for example illegal mining... - Ima Wreckyou*

Tau Cabalander
Retirement Retreat
Working Stiffs
#16 - 2016-05-13 17:00:22 UTC
Lan Wang wrote:
Tipa Riot wrote:
I'm now able to switch clones multiple times a day without cooldown. Big smile

wut? Shocked

A feature of a citadel in w-space, since w-space jump clones can only be used for implant changes, and not movement.
Psyke Thevisitors
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#17 - 2016-05-13 17:51:42 UTC
Thx all for your this informations.
I will try to find a Citadel and enter inside if possible because I do not even know if it is possible to enter inside.
I'll also watch the impact on sales of ore because I had seen no difference and I feel that trade put.
You say that the citadels are everywhere in HS, I am very surprised, who built them?
CCP had distributed only a few very rare BP and in addition this required huge amounts of resources.
CCP does an important job, but lately I've mostly seen enthusiasts do things for other enthusiasts and forget that there are also new players.
It seems quickly forgotten that the economic model of the game it is able to live thanks to new players.
Ralph King-Griffin
New Eden Tech Support
#18 - 2016-05-13 18:57:15 UTC
Yeah as i said , there are plenty about but you need to hace them set to show in your overview settings .

There are some freeported ones about in gosalav,romi,niarja ,madrimire off the top if my head.
Dark Lord Trump
0.0 Massive Dynamic
Pandemic Horde
#19 - 2016-05-13 19:53:48 UTC
Tau Cabalander wrote:
Lan Wang wrote:
Tipa Riot wrote:
I'm now able to switch clones multiple times a day without cooldown. Big smile

wut? Shocked

A feature of a citadel in w-space, since w-space jump clones can only be used for implant changes, and not movement.

Nope! That works in any citadel. I think that both clones must be in the same citadel though.

I'm going to build a big wall that will keep the Gallente out, and they're going to pay for it!

Ralph King-Griffin
New Eden Tech Support
#20 - 2016-05-13 20:00:56 UTC
Dark Lord Trump wrote:
Tau Cabalander wrote:
Lan Wang wrote:
Tipa Riot wrote:
I'm now able to switch clones multiple times a day without cooldown. Big smile

wut? Shocked

A feature of a citadel in w-space, since w-space jump clones can only be used for implant changes, and not movement.

Nope! That works in any citadel. I think that both clones must be in the same citadel though.

holy **** are you ****ing serious!? can you linky please? this is awesome if true.
12Next page