These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Crime & Punishment

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
 

So long, and thanks for all the isk

First post
Author
eddie valvetino
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#81 - 2016-05-09 15:18:22 UTC  |  Edited by: eddie valvetino
normally

I would write some ******** and scathing response about whining and how you need to adapt to current game mechanics

Today

I have to say, I really feel you. Strikes me that you are not the run of the mill station camping, pipe camping moron but the sort of guy/corp that stand out from the High Sec scum bags.

If all high sec mercs were offering the level of quality you do, i would think long about hard and resolving my sec status and putting an app in.

The location system, to my knowlegde had never been looked at and should have been along with the changes to the bounty system.

Hope you get the changes you need and good luck

peas

Edd
Johng Kahn
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#82 - 2016-05-09 15:40:13 UTC
I took a 5 month break and came back to this change. I have only lived in w space and the lack of watch list has definitely impacted my ability to be able to get intel on targets as the locater system will only let me know if they are or are not in w space at the time i run it. (still kind of useful if you are sure they are on line).

Now i'm down to only good old fasion pos lurking and even that has changed with new cits, I dont know who is docked unless they undock.
eddie valvetino
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#83 - 2016-05-09 16:03:05 UTC
Lady Ayeipsia wrote:
Random thought, would it be worth the effort to offer services to faction warfare corps? For example, pay us X and we'll guard gates while your faction runs the plexes? Or pay us X and we'll Dec and hunt faction corps in their hi sec system your militia can't easily reach?

Or... Start including a form of espionage with the contract. Pay X, we'll get a rookie in group Y, use him to add corp members to their watch list and Dec in a week or two?

Obviously not perfect, but something you could maybe offer?



good idea...

But sadly, in FW your targets high sec is far from safe.. and not that hard to infiltrate. Look at what Loren Gallen did solo and Wraith of Fenris did as a whole corp.

They were both able to regularly lock down whole high systems.

Having said that, I'm fairly certain, due the lack of skill shown by at least the Caldari FW corps.. you might find work hunting Gal Fed corps

Edd
Vimsy Vortis
Shoulda Checked Local
Break-A-Wish Foundation
#84 - 2016-05-09 16:20:04 UTC  |  Edited by: Vimsy Vortis
I saw someone badmouth caldari FW and had to join in. It's been my experience, as a group that lives in Nourvukaiken that caldari FW players are some of the worst players in the game.

They pretty much just blow up one at a time while buzzing around nourv aimlessly or get caught while running missions or mining in highsec and on the rare occasion they actually attempt retaliation it consists of like 4 year old characters flying t1 trash boats without a coherent doctrine and no support. All the while they complain in local about how bad you are and that you won't fight them in lowsec, even though you routinely chase them around in lowsec and they only fly frigates there and they still run away.

Oh and they'll let you bash their highsec structures and won't appose you at all.

Regular highsec carebears are more aggressive and dangerous than caldari FW corps.
Demerius Xenocratus
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#85 - 2016-05-09 20:13:35 UTC
Vimsy Vortis wrote:
I saw someone badmouth caldari FW and had to join in. It's been my experience, as a group that lives in Nourvukaiken that caldari FW players are some of the worst players in the game.

They pretty much just blow up one at a time while buzzing around nourv aimlessly or get caught while running missions or mining in highsec and on the rare occasion they actually attempt retaliation it consists of like 4 year old characters flying t1 trash boats without a coherent doctrine and no support. All the while they complain in local about how bad you are and that you won't fight them in lowsec, even though you routinely chase them around in lowsec and they only fly frigates there and they still run away.

Oh and they'll let you bash their highsec structures and won't appose you at all.

Regular highsec carebears are more aggressive and dangerous than caldari FW corps.


Templis brings out decent doctrines against us on occasion. However they are extremely risk averse and prefer kiting doctrines with heavy logi support. (Gilas/snakes and basilisks etc.).

Church of Awesome is Aussie TZ and generally run kite stuff with links but that's excusable because there's like 6 of them. And they are the only calmil corp that consistently shows up to defend systems.

The rest of them are pretty bad it's true, usually found gatecamping with svipuls, farming with stabs or blobbing solo T1 frigs.
Feyd Rautha Harkonnen
Doomheim
#86 - 2016-05-11 02:56:01 UTC
Ralph King-Griffin wrote:
Feyd, you moved us to lowsec and all we did there was camp gates at the expense of active hunting before you left for null.

Now witness the power of this fully armed and operational battle station
Saeger1737
Habitual Euthanasia
Pandemic Legion
#87 - 2016-05-11 03:10:26 UTC
Feyd Rautha Harkonnen wrote:
Ralph King-Griffin wrote:
Feyd, you moved us to lowsec and all we did there was camp gates at the expense of active hunting before you left for null.

Now witness the power of this fully armed and operational battle station

1 lucky fighter with 2 torpedos kills thousands in a matter of seconds....... ... .... ... ..... And the devil's rejoice in ewok costumes.

MERC WITH A MOUTH, Send me DPS and my fleet will double it back! Special offer!

Kaely Tanniss
Black Lotus Society.
#88 - 2016-05-11 05:18:46 UTC
Saeger1737 wrote:
Feyd Rautha Harkonnen wrote:
Ralph King-Griffin wrote:
Feyd, you moved us to lowsec and all we did there was camp gates at the expense of active hunting before you left for null.

Now witness the power of this fully armed and operational battle station

1 lucky fighter with 2 torpedos kills thousands in a matter of seconds....... ... .... ... ..... And the devil's rejoice in ewok costumes.


..to the ORIGINAL ewok music..not that crap from the remastered one. Blink

If I had a nickel for every time someone said women don't play eve, I'd have a bag of nickels to whack the next person who said it..

Saeger1737
Habitual Euthanasia
Pandemic Legion
#89 - 2016-05-11 05:35:12 UTC
Kaely Tanniss wrote:
Saeger1737 wrote:
Feyd Rautha Harkonnen wrote:
Ralph King-Griffin wrote:
Feyd, you moved us to lowsec and all we did there was camp gates at the expense of active hunting before you left for null.

Now witness the power of this fully armed and operational battle station

1 lucky fighter with 2 torpedos kills thousands in a matter of seconds....... ... .... ... ..... And the devil's rejoice in ewok costumes.


..to the ORIGINAL ewok music..not that crap from the remastered one. Blink

I was thinking strip club style but sure we'll go with what you said.

MERC WITH A MOUTH, Send me DPS and my fleet will double it back! Special offer!

Ralph King-Griffin
New Eden Tech Support
#90 - 2016-05-11 07:19:21 UTC
Feyd Rautha Harkonnen wrote:
Ralph King-Griffin wrote:
Feyd, you moved us to lowsec and all we did there was camp gates at the expense of active hunting before you left for null.

Now witness the power of this fully armed and operational battle station

hmmm
Mark Hamill
Galactic Waste Management
#91 - 2016-05-13 16:00:09 UTC
My two cents:

I feel the pain of the op, but from the other end.

Merc's aren't merc's any more, they've become griefers. Once upon a time a merc was a mercenary. A soldier for hire. Now, alliances like Marmite and Vendetta wardec anything that moves and breathes. As of this post, Vendetta has well over 200 wardec's and Marmite is approaching 100.

In order to make these wardec's pay off, they have to get lucky. Since they can't determine any more if a target is online or offline, their best solution is to dec as many as possible and wait for one of these targets to get stupid and stumble into them. And I honestly don't blame them for that tactic.

Yea, my corp was dec'd by Marmite. And here's the net result of these en-mass wardec's from the other end. Noobs quitting EVE.

Imagine this: You've seen all the ads and decide to give EVE a try. 2 weeks into playing, you find a corp you like and decide to subscribe and join them. 2 days later, Vendetta dec's the corp you joined simply because the corp exists. Since the corp you joined is comprised of mostly noobs less than a month old, the CEO does the smartest thing he can do... tell them to stay docked for the duration of the war. The philosophy here is, the more entertaining you make it for the corp wardec'ing you, the more likely they'll renew it so, the CEO closes the exit door in the hopes they get bored and go away. So now, for the next week, this really cool game you just found... you're learning how to spin your ship in dock.

Here's your choices:

1. Sit tight and let the war blow over.
2. Quit the corp thinking there's gotta be another corp that doesn't get wardec'd (right, we know how that goes.)
3. Unsubscribe because you're paying to PLAY a game, not stare at it's interface.

Give mercs the tools they need to be mercs so they'll stop being just random griefers. I'm sure they'd rather be picking on valuable targets they can actually FIND where there's some skill required. I find it hard to believe they are doing this for the bragging rights after podding Joe Noob in his Impirator for that massive 1 Trit drop.
Rawmeat Mary
Empire Assault Corp
Dead Terrorists
#92 - 2016-05-13 18:08:01 UTC
Or go live in Minmatar space or Derelik or Khanid.

You will cut off 75% of the losses from Hisec Wardecs, as almost everyone and their sisters, aunts and cousin-brothers camp Jita, Amarr or the Hek-Dodi-Jita-Amarr trade pipes.

'If they take the ship, they'll rape us to death, eat our flesh, and sew our skins onto their clothing. And if we're very, very lucky, they'll do it in that order.'

Yeah, we're like that.

Dom Arkaral
Bannheim
Fly Fearless
#93 - 2016-05-13 18:59:10 UTC
Rawmeat Mary wrote:
Or go live in Minmatar space or Derelik or Khanid.

You will cut off 75% of the losses from Hisec Wardecs, as almost everyone and their sisters, aunts and cousin-brothers camp Jita, Amarr or the Hek-Dodi-Jita-Amarr trade pipes.

I only saw FA in Derelik... and I saw them once

Tear Gatherer. Quebecker. Has no Honer. Salt Harvester.

Broadcast 4 Reps -- YOU ARE NOT ALONE, EVER

Instigator of the First ISD Thunderdome

CCL Loyalist

Mark Hamill
Galactic Waste Management
#94 - 2016-05-13 19:08:41 UTC
Rawmeat Mary wrote:
Or go live in Minmatar space or Derelik or Khanid.

You will cut off 75% of the losses from Hisec Wardecs, as almost everyone and their sisters, aunts and cousin-brothers camp Jita, Amarr or the Hek-Dodi-Jita-Amarr trade pipes.


Avoiding their wardec isn't the issue. I'm an old fart, I can do that easily. I'm a skilled trader. I can sit in dock for weeks and still make isk. Noobs on the other hand, well they're noobs.

CCP knows this is an issue which is why once upon a time, wardec's only cost 5 mil. And back then, that was a sizable chunk of change to a noob corp. With CCP turning a blind eye to multiboxing, making billions with alts to pay for hundreds of wardec's and their plex, is nothing more than a temporary inconvenience to them.

There will always be griefing in this game. Some people just need to massage their ego with whatever kill they can get. I realize that. If you want to grief, go join Spectre. I'm all for npsi. If it helps for them to vent frustrations on passersby, I support that. The area and number of people they affect at any one time is insignificant when you look at the big picture. Then, take a look at the list of current wars. You'll quickly find that a handful of corps & alliances have declared war on some 1,000 other corporations/alliances. When a minority is able to extend griefing to the point that it encompasses a huge majority... for an entire week... then there's a problem.

And right now, that problem is affecting CCP's wallet. I can see that whether they can or not.

If giving mercs the ability to do their job is one step toward fixing this, I'm all in.
Dom Arkaral
Bannheim
Fly Fearless
#95 - 2016-05-13 19:32:04 UTC
Mark Hamill wrote:
Rawmeat Mary wrote:
Or go live in Minmatar space or Derelik or Khanid.

You will cut off 75% of the losses from Hisec Wardecs, as almost everyone and their sisters, aunts and cousin-brothers camp Jita, Amarr or the Hek-Dodi-Jita-Amarr trade pipes.


Avoiding their wardec isn't the issue. I'm an old fart, I can do that easily. I'm a skilled trader. I can sit in dock for weeks and still make isk. Noobs on the other hand, well they're noobs.

CCP knows this is an issue which is why once upon a time, wardec's only cost 5 mil. And back then, that was a sizable chunk of change to a noob corp. With CCP turning a blind eye to multiboxing, making billions with alts to pay for hundreds of wardec's and their plex, is nothing more than a temporary inconvenience to them.

There will always be griefing in this game. Some people just need to massage their ego with whatever kill they can get. I realize that. If you want to grief, go join Spectre. I'm all for npsi. If it helps for them to vent frustrations on passersby, I support that. The area and number of people they affect at any one time is insignificant when you look at the big picture. Then, take a look at the list of current wars. You'll quickly find that a handful of corps & alliances have declared war on some 1,000 other corporations/alliances. When a minority is able to extend griefing to the point that it encompasses a huge majority... for an entire week... then there's a problem.

And right now, that problem is affecting CCP's wallet. I can see that whether they can or not.

If giving mercs the ability to do their job is one step toward fixing this, I'm all in.

PSA: Wardecs are 50m a piece... for 50 - member corps or less, then it goes up and up...

You're just another clueless carebear

Tear Gatherer. Quebecker. Has no Honer. Salt Harvester.

Broadcast 4 Reps -- YOU ARE NOT ALONE, EVER

Instigator of the First ISD Thunderdome

CCL Loyalist

Ralph King-Griffin
New Eden Tech Support
#96 - 2016-05-13 19:58:02 UTC
Dom Arkaral wrote:
Mark Hamill wrote:
once upon a time, wardec's only cost 5 mil. And back then, that was a sizable chunk of change to a noob corp.

PSA: Wardecs are 50m a piece... for 50 - member corps or less, then it goes up and up...

You're just another clueless carebear

re-read that , then remove the foot from your mouth and keep the trash talk out of our threads please dom.
Mark Hamill
Galactic Waste Management
#97 - 2016-05-13 19:58:55 UTC
Dom Arkaral wrote:
Mark Hamill wrote:
Rawmeat Mary wrote:
Or go live in Minmatar space or Derelik or Khanid.

You will cut off 75% of the losses from Hisec Wardecs, as almost everyone and their sisters, aunts and cousin-brothers camp Jita, Amarr or the Hek-Dodi-Jita-Amarr trade pipes.


Avoiding their wardec isn't the issue. I'm an old fart, I can do that easily. I'm a skilled trader. I can sit in dock for weeks and still make isk. Noobs on the other hand, well they're noobs.

CCP knows this is an issue which is why once upon a time, wardec's only cost 5 mil. And back then, that was a sizable chunk of change to a noob corp. With CCP turning a blind eye to multiboxing, making billions with alts to pay for hundreds of wardec's and their plex, is nothing more than a temporary inconvenience to them.

There will always be griefing in this game. Some people just need to massage their ego with whatever kill they can get. I realize that. If you want to grief, go join Spectre. I'm all for npsi. If it helps for them to vent frustrations on passersby, I support that. The area and number of people they affect at any one time is insignificant when you look at the big picture. Then, take a look at the list of current wars. You'll quickly find that a handful of corps & alliances have declared war on some 1,000 other corporations/alliances. When a minority is able to extend griefing to the point that it encompasses a huge majority... for an entire week... then there's a problem.

And right now, that problem is affecting CCP's wallet. I can see that whether they can or not.

If giving mercs the ability to do their job is one step toward fixing this, I'm all in.

PSA: Wardecs are 50m a piece... for 50 - member corps or less, then it goes up and up...

You're just another clueless carebear


I think you better read that again. I said ONCE UPON A TIME.

And when you're done re-reading that, switch your skill training... from foolish jackass to comprehension.
Rawmeat Mary
Empire Assault Corp
Dead Terrorists
#98 - 2016-05-13 20:12:50 UTC
Dom Arkaral wrote:
Rawmeat Mary wrote:
Or go live in Minmatar space or Derelik or Khanid.

You will cut off 75% of the losses from Hisec Wardecs, as almost everyone and their sisters, aunts and cousin-brothers camp Jita, Amarr or the Hek-Dodi-Jita-Amarr trade pipes.

I only saw FA in Derelik... and I saw them once

Indeed. That being said, I tend to roam Minmatar and Derelik space, but that's me. Cool

I altogether stopped making 'watchlists' from pet project corps or even contracts, so usefull it is now...

A notebook with names and times, some added potential contacts targets with notes on their ships and last seen locations... Everything else is almost a blind luck find, except for some rare corps that live/play together and/or got structures to shoot at.

'If they take the ship, they'll rape us to death, eat our flesh, and sew our skins onto their clothing. And if we're very, very lucky, they'll do it in that order.'

Yeah, we're like that.

Dom Arkaral
Bannheim
Fly Fearless
#99 - 2016-05-13 20:27:51 UTC
Ralph King-Griffin wrote:
Dom Arkaral wrote:
Mark Hamill wrote:
once upon a time, wardec's only cost 5 mil. And back then, that was a sizable chunk of change to a noob corp.

PSA: Wardecs are 50m a piece... for 50 - member corps or less, then it goes up and up...

You're just another clueless carebear

re-read that , then remove the foot from your mouth and keep the trash talk out of our threads please dom.

No offense, but I don't really care about the prices of old.
The past is behind for a reason

Tear Gatherer. Quebecker. Has no Honer. Salt Harvester.

Broadcast 4 Reps -- YOU ARE NOT ALONE, EVER

Instigator of the First ISD Thunderdome

CCL Loyalist

Valkin Mordirc
#100 - 2016-05-13 21:22:09 UTC
Dom Arkaral wrote:
Ralph King-Griffin wrote:
Dom Arkaral wrote:
Mark Hamill wrote:
once upon a time, wardec's only cost 5 mil. And back then, that was a sizable chunk of change to a noob corp.

PSA: Wardecs are 50m a piece... for 50 - member corps or less, then it goes up and up...

You're just another clueless carebear

re-read that , then remove the foot from your mouth and keep the trash talk out of our threads please dom.

No offense, but I don't really care about the prices of old.
The past is behind for a reason



Nice Deflection.


Who are you anyways and why must you talk so much shite?


I remember you running your mouth in defense for Marmite a while back, and now your basically snapping at everyone and everything.
#DeleteTheWeak