These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Upcoming Feature and Change Feedback Center

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
 

Recurring Opportunities coming soon

First post
Author
Sephiroth Clone VII
Imperial Dreams
#2101 - 2016-05-01 18:56:17 UTC


Its kind of cheasy but meh.
'
I would be for a skill system where you get skills by doing a related activity which would be like elderscrolls, say for example to get lasers up you need to shoot with lasers. But then... that would thrown a wrench into the system.

The eve system is refreshing considering........ the bland grindfests which are other games, we get skills and can do whatever we want.

While I myself do rat occasionally, this does encourage one kind of playstyle when the game is so much more, some characters might avoid ratting alltgeather for much of carrer which is the nature of eve, a person can be all into industry PI, hauling etc.

But trying to measure activity in many other ways might be complicated.

Thankfully its not something like, run a mission for a NPC because those are not everywhere like say rats in wormholes or nullsec.
WaiLong Wang
Science and Trade Institute
Caldari State
#2102 - 2016-05-02 01:06:00 UTC
PLEASE... I AM BEGGING YOU!

Do not DUMB down EVE for new player sake. I started back in 2008 and it was hard to learn EVE mechanics, but i mastered it after few months of being killed, scammed, etc. New players can do it too if they are dedicated play.
Side1Bu2Rnz9
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#2103 - 2016-05-02 04:55:57 UTC
Ladies and Gentlemen... you're wasting your breath... CCP doesn't care about the 106 pages of people almost unanimously opposed to this idea. If CCP wants to do it then **** the player base right?? It's CCP's game and we're all just lucky enough to log in and watch it burn down around us. CCP will only be happy once EVE gets to the point where everyone logs on just so they can do the one stupid objective, but then logs off because **** playing for fun right?
Solhild
Doomheim
#2104 - 2016-05-02 07:48:11 UTC
Side1Bu2Rnz9 wrote:
Ladies and Gentlemen... you're wasting your breath... CCP doesn't care about the 106 pages of people almost unanimously opposed to this idea. If CCP wants to do it then **** the player base right?? It's CCP's game and we're all just lucky enough to log in and watch it burn down around us. CCP will only be happy once EVE gets to the point where everyone logs on just so they can do the one stupid objective, but then logs off because **** playing for fun right?


My main characters in the accounts I still use have around 150 million skill points each, lovingly nurtured by me over the last 7 years all over New Eden's sandbox.

I'm now penalised if I want to use skill injectors on them so I won't invest there, stupid game design.
I play EVE casually and will now be penalised because I can't/won't log in every day.
I don't want to be penalised for subscribing to EVE.
I work on a 12 month sub so CCP gets money in advance from me, I would imagine that this would be a good thing.

One sub is up in a month and the other in nine months.
Just cancelled the renewal and will reconsider if EVE remains a sandbox that's worth continuing to invest in.

Just been through my transactions with CCP, you've earned well with me over the years. I hope your new direction pays off.
Johnathan Coffey
Niforce Triggers
#2105 - 2016-05-02 13:12:31 UTC
Frostys Virpio wrote:
You missed my point. Ratting isn't 120 mill/hours for the same reason the opportunity won't be 400 mill/hour. You cna do it at the start of the clock but both die out quite fast. Killing your first rat for the opportunity will be really fast and extrapolating that to a full hour generate big numbers but at the end of the day, it's unsustainable even for a full hour. Killing 1 BS rat under 30 seconds can be done but that does not mean anyone really rat at 120 mill/hour because it's just as unsustainable. Grinding SP with the opportunity will cap out at a few million/22 hours because that's the most you can repeat it.

No, YOU missed MY point, namely the fact that this change provides unreasonable rewards for what is literally the most boring activity in EVE (typing your password and waiting to log in).

Also, speak for yourself. I have way more than ten accounts, although only about five are subbed currently.

Lastly and amusingly, the best way to increase your ISK/hr doing this would be to get a faster SSD in your rig, so you don't have to wait so long for the EVE client to load. But that's just a side note.

First rule of EVE UI: right click EVERYTHING.

Frostys Virpio
KarmaFleet
Goonswarm Federation
#2106 - 2016-05-02 15:32:56 UTC
Johnathan Coffey wrote:
Frostys Virpio wrote:
You missed my point. Ratting isn't 120 mill/hours for the same reason the opportunity won't be 400 mill/hour. You cna do it at the start of the clock but both die out quite fast. Killing your first rat for the opportunity will be really fast and extrapolating that to a full hour generate big numbers but at the end of the day, it's unsustainable even for a full hour. Killing 1 BS rat under 30 seconds can be done but that does not mean anyone really rat at 120 mill/hour because it's just as unsustainable. Grinding SP with the opportunity will cap out at a few million/22 hours because that's the most you can repeat it.

No, YOU missed MY point, namely the fact that this change provides unreasonable rewards for what is literally the most boring activity in EVE (typing your password and waiting to log in).

Also, speak for yourself. I have way more than ten accounts, although only about five are subbed currently.

Lastly and amusingly, the best way to increase your ISK/hr doing this would be to get a faster SSD in your rig, so you don't have to wait so long for the EVE client to load. But that's just a side note.


Remember to divide your total income by the number of required accounts to generate it...
Johnathan Coffey
Niforce Triggers
#2107 - 2016-05-02 16:33:15 UTC
Frostys Virpio wrote:
Johnathan Coffey wrote:
Frostys Virpio wrote:
You missed my point. Ratting isn't 120 mill/hours for the same reason the opportunity won't be 400 mill/hour. You cna do it at the start of the clock but both die out quite fast. Killing your first rat for the opportunity will be really fast and extrapolating that to a full hour generate big numbers but at the end of the day, it's unsustainable even for a full hour. Killing 1 BS rat under 30 seconds can be done but that does not mean anyone really rat at 120 mill/hour because it's just as unsustainable. Grinding SP with the opportunity will cap out at a few million/22 hours because that's the most you can repeat it.

No, YOU missed MY point, namely the fact that this change provides unreasonable rewards for what is literally the most boring activity in EVE (typing your password and waiting to log in).

Also, speak for yourself. I have way more than ten accounts, although only about five are subbed currently.

Lastly and amusingly, the best way to increase your ISK/hr doing this would be to get a faster SSD in your rig, so you don't have to wait so long for the EVE client to load. But that's just a side note.


Remember to divide your total income by the number of required accounts to generate it...


Confirming that five divided by five is indeed one.

First rule of EVE UI: right click EVERYTHING.

Agemnia Auhman
Auhman Project Heavy Industrial Division
#2108 - 2016-05-03 22:19:36 UTC
Just to say I haven't read this entire thread because of how aggressive it became and I'm not in a fleet, so if I'm repeating an idea someone else has shouted already i apologize.

SUGGESTION :Allow the daily to be one of any number of given tasks, that essentially are the fundamental corner blocks of all the different professions in eve.


Kill a rat.
Deliver or install an industry job.
Activate for one cycle a miner/harvester/gas huffer/etc.
Locate a Relic /Data /Combat site/wormhole/player vessel with combat or scan probes.
Jump /10/25/50? stargates.
Cause damage to or activate an offensive module another player.
Activate a repair module or warfare link that affects another player.
Use a Jump/ gate /bridge/thingy.
etc

The whole point behind this idea being that the player has more control over what they do in order to get their bonus of 10000 SP instead of performing a task they would not normally do in order to get it. You could have set it up to be any one of these activities or that the players selects one of their choosing.

In order to combat botting etc, my only suggestion is you could just make the task more difficult to complete, so Kill 25/50 rats or locate 3 or 5 Scan-able sites or mine 5000m3 of anything etc, but that would obviously change the whole dynamic somewhat.

The skill point reward is, in my opinion, the only one worth offering, though i will say i have 1 account and 2 characters. Any financial reward would be too hard to balance or insignificant to incentivize players. It also offer more freedoms along with the skill injectors from the rigidity of the skill queue by providing the character with a rolling pool of un-allocated SP.
And 10000 additional SP per day is not exactly Titan V in a week is it?

Overall though dailies get a thumbs up from this nobody, with a little tweaking would be nice new feature for both vets and the new fodder/sheep/wolves/baitRetrievers/players.
Bleedingthrough
#2109 - 2016-05-04 02:04:57 UTC
If you got these skillpoints once per day for killing a PC instead of an NPC I would want this change. Don't make new Players think EvE is about red crosses!
Soca Frenzy
Doomheim
#2110 - 2016-05-04 02:09:25 UTC
Why not ? Like a care about this game anymore ....
Tiddle Jr
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#2111 - 2016-05-04 03:00:17 UTC
Like someone said why not make reward base on the size of NPC killed, e.g. if i kill an Officer NPC i would expect something equal in terms of reward. even if i don't have and shiny officer item i would receive 50k of SP

"The message is that there are known knowns. There are things we know that we know. There are known unknowns. That is to say there are things that we now know we don't know. But there are also unknown unknowns. There are things we don't know" - CCP

Indahmawar Fazmarai
#2112 - 2016-05-04 07:01:42 UTC
Agemnia Auhman wrote:
Just to say I haven't read this entire thread because of how aggressive it became and I'm not in a fleet, so if I'm repeating an idea someone else has shouted already i apologize.

SUGGESTION :Allow the daily to be one of any number of given tasks, that essentially are the fundamental corner blocks of all the different professions in eve.


Kill a rat.
Deliver or install an industry job.
Activate for one cycle a miner/harvester/gas huffer/etc.
Locate a Relic /Data /Combat site/wormhole/player vessel with combat or scan probes.
Jump /10/25/50? stargates.
Cause damage to or activate an offensive module another player.
Activate a repair module or warfare link that affects another player.
Use a Jump/ gate /bridge/thingy.
etc

The whole point behind this idea being that the player has more control over what they do in order to get their bonus of 10000 SP instead of performing a task they would not normally do in order to get it. You could have set it up to be any one of these activities or that the players selects one of their choosing.

In order to combat botting etc, my only suggestion is you could just make the task more difficult to complete, so Kill 25/50 rats or locate 3 or 5 Scan-able sites or mine 5000m3 of anything etc, but that would obviously change the whole dynamic somewhat.

The skill point reward is, in my opinion, the only one worth offering, though i will say i have 1 account and 2 characters. Any financial reward would be too hard to balance or insignificant to incentivize players. It also offer more freedoms along with the skill injectors from the rigidity of the skill queue by providing the character with a rolling pool of un-allocated SP.
And 10000 additional SP per day is not exactly Titan V in a week is it?

Overall though dailies get a thumbs up from this nobody, with a little tweaking would be nice new feature for both vets and the new fodder/sheep/wolves/baitRetrievers/players.


The design goal is to get people to log in. Things happened when people logged in just to sort their skill queue and then things stopped happening when that incentive for login in was removed. CCP's plan is to add a login incentive.

106 pages later, I still have to read a proposal on how to incentivize login in each day without a daily reward or penalty for login in.

There are only so many types of incentives: negative incentives and positive incentives. Negative incentive: lose something if you don't log in. Positive incentive: get something if you log in.

What you are replacing is the negative incentive of not earning SP if you didn't log in to fill a skill queue.

So, what are the suggestions of everyone bitching here?
Lavayar
Center for Advanced Studies
Gallente Federation
#2113 - 2016-05-04 07:07:09 UTC
Dino Zavr wrote:
Actually EVE Online had been ALREADY made the F2P game

as for 30-APR-16 prices:
Skill extractor (Jita sell): 215kk
Skill injector (Jita buy): 615kk
PLEX (Jita sell): 950kk
Capped toon on the main account with +4s and good remap produces 2610 sp/hour = 1,879,200 sp/month
which equals 3.76 extractors/month
And there are two such twinks at the active player's account, so:
Simple math: 2*3.76*(615-215) = 2*1504kk = 3008kk, this means that we earn (on average) like 3 PLEX/month keeping all three skill queues running FOR FREE.

So, why to add even more free SP to the market? This shall cause further ISK inflation and decrease CCP's profits even more.

PLEASE, NO DAILIES !

Actually it INCREASES CCP's profits

You always should remember that someone has to buy PLEX and Extractor from CCP before you can use it (by obtaining it through market)

3 x PLEX (19.95$) + 4 x Extractor (2 x 2000 AUR 9.99$) = 79,83$

3 x Subscription (14.95$) = 44,85$

(you can always recalculate using bulk prices but it will be much worse)

But there are two conditions:
1) someone has to sell SP badly (they must have strong motivation to do that)
2) someone want to buy SP badly (perfectly newcomer whales)

But I agree. NO DAILIES PLEASE.
Drago Shouna
Doomheim
#2114 - 2016-05-04 08:15:46 UTC
Johnathan Coffey wrote:
Frostys Virpio wrote:
You missed my point. Ratting isn't 120 mill/hours for the same reason the opportunity won't be 400 mill/hour. You cna do it at the start of the clock but both die out quite fast. Killing your first rat for the opportunity will be really fast and extrapolating that to a full hour generate big numbers but at the end of the day, it's unsustainable even for a full hour. Killing 1 BS rat under 30 seconds can be done but that does not mean anyone really rat at 120 mill/hour because it's just as unsustainable. Grinding SP with the opportunity will cap out at a few million/22 hours because that's the most you can repeat it.

No, YOU missed MY point, namely the fact that this change provides unreasonable rewards for what is literally the most boring activity in EVE (typing your password and waiting to log in).

Also, speak for yourself. I have way more than ten accounts, although only about five are subbed currently.

Lastly and amusingly, the best way to increase your ISK/hr doing this would be to get a faster SSD in your rig, so you don't have to wait so long for the EVE client to load. But that's just a side note.



Really?

As far as these forums are concerned the most boring activity in EVE is mining, it proves they are all wrong, apart from me that is..I love mining Big smile

Solecist Project...." They refuse to play by the rules and laws of the game and use it as excuse ..." " They don't care about how you play as long as they get to play how they want."

Welcome to EVE.

Ria Nieyli
Nieyli Enterprises
#2115 - 2016-05-04 10:18:56 UTC  |  Edited by: Ria Nieyli
Indahmawar Fazmarai wrote:
The design goal is to get people to log in. Things happened when people logged in just to sort their skill queue and then things stopped happening when that incentive for login in was removed. CCP's plan is to add a login incentive.

106 pages later, I still have to read a proposal on how to incentivize login in each day without a daily reward or penalty for login in.

There are only so many types of incentives: negative incentives and positive incentives. Negative incentive: lose something if you don't log in. Positive incentive: get something if you log in.

What you are replacing is the negative incentive of not earning SP if you didn't log in to fill a skill queue.

So, what are the suggestions of everyone bitching here?


People that like playing the game log in.

Is that hard to grasp? You're the only one that's bitching, and supposedly about a change you want.
Indahmawar Fazmarai
#2116 - 2016-05-04 13:04:16 UTC
Ria Nieyli wrote:
Indahmawar Fazmarai wrote:
The design goal is to get people to log in. Things happened when people logged in just to sort their skill queue and then things stopped happening when that incentive for login in was removed. CCP's plan is to add a login incentive.

106 pages later, I still have to read a proposal on how to incentivize login in each day without a daily reward or penalty for login in.

There are only so many types of incentives: negative incentives and positive incentives. Negative incentive: lose something if you don't log in. Positive incentive: get something if you log in.

What you are replacing is the negative incentive of not earning SP if you didn't log in to fill a skill queue.

So, what are the suggestions of everyone bitching here?


People that like playing the game log in.


Non sequitur. We are not talking about whether people "like" or "don't like" playing the game. We are talking about "used to log in for setting skills" and "now don't log in because they don't need to set skills" and how to make them log in again.

All you say is that is terrible to miss SP because you didn't log in... which is what happened before the skillqueue changes, with the added offense that back then those "missed" SP couldn't be recouped in no way.
Mizhir
Devara Biotech
#2117 - 2016-05-04 14:08:50 UTC
Indahmawar Fazmarai wrote:

106 pages later, I still have to read a proposal on how to incentivize login in each day without a daily reward or penalty for login in.


That is because you have tunnelvision on this and think that making players log in daily will fix CCP's problems. While we are overall against any time based login incentives I have seen a few proposals on how to soften it up so you have the opportunity to either partially or fully catch up if you have been away for a few days. It could be that they change it to weekly opportunities instead of dailies or make the dailies "pool up" to a certain extend so if you haven't done them for a few days they are still available when you do log in.

The best would still be CCP actually respecting the needs of their players and let the players decide how they will play the game and instead focusing on making interesting content. Interresting content = more players playing. Even small mini events (like the easter one) have seemed to have a positive influence on log in count so small random events could be an easy way for CCP to boost the login sligthly. Some of it could even be tied with the lore and other things going on in the game.

❤️️💛💚💙💜

Raging Bull Unchained
Signal Lost
#2118 - 2016-05-04 14:30:18 UTC
I was looking for infos / ETA.
Any news about when this will hit TQ?
Worf McGregor
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#2119 - 2016-05-04 14:48:08 UTC
CCP is not saying, so log on Daily to find out. ;-)
Raging Bull Unchained
Signal Lost
#2120 - 2016-05-04 14:51:39 UTC
Worf McGregor wrote:
CCP is not saying, so log on Daily to find out. ;-)

Haha! Touché