These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE Launcher

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
 

Client wont launch

Author
Tsalla Daphiti
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#1 - 2016-02-23 03:59:59 UTC
Installed Eve on new Laptop. Launcher opens and patches correctly. Once I log in and hit play I get a brief command window (DOS) and it disappears, after that nothing. No Exefile, CCP programs or anything else running in task manager. I have tried reinstalling, safe mode, compatibility modes, bypassing launcher, disabling anti-virus, turning off Windows Firewall, all to no avail. Same thing happens if I execute Exefile directly.

I am out of things to try. Any thoughts?
Raphendyr Nardieu
Avanto
Hole Control
#2 - 2016-02-23 12:40:16 UTC
Have you installed display drivers that can handle opengl/directx? Also I think opening the loglite might show something Loglite can be found from the E-button next to minimize and close buttons in top right corner of the launcher.
Tsalla Daphiti
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#3 - 2016-02-23 18:46:21 UTC
I updated graphics drivers and even disabled the Intel option through the bios to make it run NVIDIA 100% of the time. I am now wondering if this is a DIRECTX issue. Under the launcher settings on the Game tab it says "your computer only supports DirectX 9" but in Dxdiag is shows I am running 12.

I don't have an E-button on launcher. Just a settings wheel and don't see Loglite anywhere. I do have logs though in my launcher cache.
Tsalla Daphiti
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#4 - 2016-02-23 18:54:12 UTC
Quick clarification, I see the screenshots of the Loglite button. That appears to be the client screen that I cannot even get to. My problem is before I even get to that screen. Again to clarify, I can log into the Launcher application but when I hit play I get a message stating Launching, followed by a quick CMD window splash and then nothing.
X Onzo
HC - Ice Pirates
#5 - 2016-02-25 10:55:11 UTC
I have the same problem can some one please help
Raphendyr Nardieu
Avanto
Hole Control
#6 - 2016-02-25 21:31:55 UTC
Are you using the new or the old launcher? New one looks a bit like this: http://i.imgur.com/7ck1opt.png

If you don't have the new launcher, follow the video linked in this thread: https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&t=466789&find=unread

If you do have the new launcher, please copy-paste the version info from bottom right. E.g. mine is: Launcher: 1011198 GUI: 1.857
X Onzo
HC - Ice Pirates
#7 - 2016-02-26 00:28:17 UTC
ive tried both it wont start the game new install of win 7 and eve and i let them up date completly before trying to launch the game
Arkio Hinterlight
god.squad
#8 - 2016-02-26 01:42:15 UTC
I've wiped my computer and reinstalled windows 7, tried old and new launcher but the game won't run. All I get is a few seconds of loading when I click play from the launcher. I have tried to run the game directly, but nothing runs. No idea what else to do.
Arkio Hinterlight
god.squad
#9 - 2016-02-26 02:31:00 UTC
Ok, I've managed to get the game to start, so if anyone else would like to try what I did here it is.
After trying all the launchers and getting no results I made sure to download java, which I didn't have because of the recent computer wipe. Not sure if that was what did it because I also made sure to get every microsoft update I could, including all of the optional updates. After that, and resetting my computer, I opened the launcher, hit play, and waited a few seconds. I didn't think anything had happened, so I closed the launcher and then eve opened up in the background. Hope this helps someone else.
Axhind
Eternity INC.
Goonswarm Federation
#10 - 2016-02-26 03:22:44 UTC
Arkio Hinterlight wrote:
Ok, I've managed to get the game to start, so if anyone else would like to try what I did here it is.
After trying all the launchers and getting no results I made sure to download java, which I didn't have because of the recent computer wipe. Not sure if that was what did it because I also made sure to get every microsoft update I could, including all of the optional updates. After that, and resetting my computer, I opened the launcher, hit play, and waited a few seconds. I didn't think anything had happened, so I closed the launcher and then eve opened up in the background. Hope this helps someone else.


Java is most definitely not needed for EVE (I don't have it on any computer that I play eve on) and please make sure you disable java plugin for your browser unless absolutely necessary.

Eve runs on win7 SP1 + security updates (no optional installed) so there is something very strange going on. Can any of you post the logs to show where it gets stuck?
Tsalla Daphiti
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#11 - 2016-02-26 04:06:08 UTC
I just downloaded new launcher and getting same thing. 101198

Ran LogLite and appears to me that DirectX is where is getting hung up. What is best way to post log? Pasting end of it here:


info 2016-02-25T23:01:09 5208 C:\ProgramData\CCP\EVE\SharedCache\tq\bin\exefile.exe R9-XW682 blue Manifest Verification passed: "root:/bin/_yaml.pyd", crc:2abfbbe7
info 2016-02-25T23:01:09 5208 C:\ProgramData\CCP\EVE\SharedCache\tq\bin\exefile.exe R9-XW682 blue Manifest Successfully verified root:/manifest.dat
info 2016-02-25T23:01:09 5208 C:\ProgramData\CCP\EVE\SharedCache\tq\bin\exefile.exe R9-XW682 blue Python Logs Directive lib:root:/code.ccp : C:/ProgramData/CCP/EVE/SharedCache/tq/code.ccp
notice 2016-02-25T23:01:09 5208 C:\ProgramData\CCP\EVE\SharedCache\tq\bin\exefile.exe R9-XW682 trinity availablePlatforms Executing DirectXRedist.exe ...
notice 2016-02-25T23:01:11 5208 C:\ProgramData\CCP\EVE\SharedCache\tq\bin\exefile.exe R9-XW682 trinity availablePlatforms Execution of DirectXRedist.exe succeeded
warning 2016-02-25T23:01:11 5208 C:\ProgramData\CCP\EVE\SharedCache\tq\bin\exefile.exe R9-XW682 trinity General Invalid Trinity platform dx11
notice 2016-02-25T23:01:11 5208 C:\ProgramData\CCP\EVE\SharedCache\tq\bin\exefile.exe R9-XW682 trinity General Using Trinity platform stub instead
info 2016-02-25T23:01:11 9584 C:/EVE/Launcher/evelauncher.exe R9-XW682 evelauncher default "A traceback has been generated. It has been logged in the log server as stacktrace #1\r"
info 2016-02-25T23:01:11 9584 C:/EVE/Launcher/evelauncher.exe R9-XW682 evelauncher default "Terminating process by request - returning 0"
info 2016-02-25T23:01:11 9584 C:/EVE/Launcher/evelauncher.exe R9-XW682 evelauncher default "Network layer using: CarbonIO\r"
info 2016-02-25T23:01:11 9584 C:/EVE/Launcher/evelauncher.exe R9-XW682 evelauncher default "Executing DirectXRedist.exe ...\r"
info 2016-02-25T23:01:11 9584 C:/EVE/Launcher/evelauncher.exe R9-XW682 evelauncher default "Starting up Trinity through _trinity_stub_deploy ...\r"
info 2016-02-25T23:01:11 9584 C:/EVE/Launcher/evelauncher.exe R9-XW682 evelauncher default ""
info 2016-02-25T23:01:11 9584 C:/EVE/Launcher/evelauncher.exe R9-XW682 evelauncher default Process 5208 finished with exit code 0
Arkio Hinterlight
god.squad
#12 - 2016-02-26 05:47:46 UTC
Axhind wrote:
Arkio Hinterlight wrote:
Ok, I've managed to get the game to start, so if anyone else would like to try what I did here it is.
After trying all the launchers and getting no results I made sure to download java, which I didn't have because of the recent computer wipe. Not sure if that was what did it because I also made sure to get every microsoft update I could, including all of the optional updates. After that, and resetting my computer, I opened the launcher, hit play, and waited a few seconds. I didn't think anything had happened, so I closed the launcher and then eve opened up in the background. Hope this helps someone else.


Java is most definitely not needed for EVE (I don't have it on any computer that I play eve on) and please make sure you disable java plugin for your browser unless absolutely necessary.

Eve runs on win7 SP1 + security updates (no optional installed) so there is something very strange going on. Can any of you post the logs to show where it gets stuck?


I know that Java isn't needed, but still, I thought that I had better cover all bases.
Frappe
Snakes On A POS
#13 - 2016-02-26 14:23:54 UTC  |  Edited by: Frappe
edit: wrong post..disregard
Raphendyr Nardieu
Avanto
Hole Control
#14 - 2016-02-26 17:17:53 UTC
Quote:
all of the optional update


Pretty sure this includes display drivers for your card. If you don't have a discrete display card, you probably are using intel integrated one. Drivers for that are probably easiest to find from optional windows updates.

Windows bare installation doesn't include display drivers that would support 3d, thus none of the games that use directx or opengl should not work.

Thus if this problem is only with the EVE client and all other games are working well, please submit support ticket to CCP.
Raphendyr Nardieu
Avanto
Hole Control
#15 - 2016-02-26 17:20:14 UTC
Tsalla Daphiti wrote:
General Invalid Trinity platform dx11


A) you are missing the 3d driver, or B) your hardware doesn't support directx 11, so select 9 from: new launcher > settings > Launch options > check: Run game on DirectX 9
Tsalla Daphiti
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#16 - 2016-03-16 04:12:11 UTC
Yea, I have "Run Game on DirectX 9" checked. Same issue. Over 2 weeks and no response to my ticket. sigh
Tsalla Daphiti
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#17 - 2016-03-23 19:38:09 UTC
Dev helped me solve this issue. Posting resolution in case anyone else has this problem.

It's possible the game has been unable to extract some directx files it needs. Please try manually extracting them. Here are the steps:

Download and install UniExtract from this page:

http://legroom.net/software/uniextract

Use UniExtract on DirectXRedist in your client's "bin" folder. This should extract five files. Put those files in your bin directory where DirectXRedist is located.
Try running the game again.

Usual location would be:

\EVE\SharedCache\tq\bin\
X Onzo
HC - Ice Pirates
#18 - 2016-04-04 18:58:25 UTC
Tsalla Daphiti wrote:
Dev helped me solve this issue. Posting resolution in case anyone else has this problem.

It's possible the game has been unable to extract some directx files it needs. Please try manually extracting them. Here are the steps:

Download and install UniExtract from this page:

http://legroom.net/software/uniextract

Use UniExtract on DirectXRedist in your client's "bin" folder. This should extract five files. Put those files in your bin directory where DirectXRedist is located.
Try running the game again.

Usual location would be:

\EVE\SharedCache\tq\bin\




ive tried this and did not work any one else have any ideas
Scandal L
Machiavellian Empire
Test Alliance Please Ignore
#19 - 2016-04-10 16:55:49 UTC
Tsalla Daphiti wrote:
Dev helped me solve this issue. Posting resolution in case anyone else has this problem.

It's possible the game has been unable to extract some directx files it needs. Please try manually extracting them. Here are the steps:

Download and install UniExtract from this page:

http://legroom.net/software/uniextract

Use UniExtract on DirectXRedist in your client's "bin" folder. This should extract five files. Put those files in your bin directory where DirectXRedist is located.
Try running the game again.

Usual location would be:

\EVE\SharedCache\tq\bin\


This worked for me. Thank you.

Just make sure you extract the files in the bin folder and not in the new folder DirectXRedist created automatically by UniExtract.