These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Ships & Modules

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
 

Blastos

First post
Author
Cyzlaki
Ministry of War
Amarr Empire
#21 - 2012-01-13 01:44:10 UTC
Tippia wrote:
Liang Nuren wrote:
No, it doesn't really do what I expected it to at first glance.
Adjust your expectations then. It does what I thought it would do. vOv.
Cyzlaki wrote:
L2play
L2math.

What tracking speed does your pulse Zealot have?
What tracking speed does your blaster Talos have?

You tell me and I'll tell you why you're wrong.
Tippia
Sunshine and Lollipops
#22 - 2012-01-13 01:44:23 UTC  |  Edited by: Tippia
Liang Nuren wrote:
You seem to be saying exactly what I thought it would do, Tippia.
I'm saying that the OP is severely overstating his case since he's saying things that simply aren't true (viz. tracking comparison, damage output).

It's a good ship. It doesn't do what the OP claims.
Cyzlaki wrote:
You tell me and I'll tell you why you're wrong.
No. You made the comparison; you provide the data. Can't provide the data? Well, tough… there goes your claim.
Liang Nuren
No Salvation
#23 - 2012-01-13 01:45:34 UTC
So you would say that a Talos would lose to a Cane right?

-Liang

I'm an idiot, don't mind me.

Tippia
Sunshine and Lollipops
#24 - 2012-01-13 01:47:41 UTC  |  Edited by: Tippia
Liang Nuren wrote:
So you would say that a Talos would lose to a Cane right?
Cane? Probably not. It's fat enough a target.

edit: read that wrong first.
Aamrr
#25 - 2012-01-13 01:48:35 UTC
Would this be a bad time to bring up the fact that while the Talos does use blasters (which give it good tracking) and has a tracking bonus (which gives it better tracking still), this still doesn't make up for the fact that it's using large guns, which have a poor signature resolution?

That said, the Talos would totally rip apart that Hurricane. The trouble isn't BCs, it's tinier stuff.
Liang Nuren
No Salvation
#26 - 2012-01-13 01:53:37 UTC  |  Edited by: Liang Nuren
Aamrr wrote:
Would this be a bad time to bring up the fact that while the Talos does use blasters (which give it good tracking) and has a tracking bonus (which gives it better tracking still), this still doesn't make up for the fact that it's using large guns, which have a poor signature resolution?

That said, the Talos would totally rip apart that Hurricane. The trouble isn't BCs, it's tinier stuff.


No, I actually expected Tippia to make that comment when discussing tracking. I assure you, however, that the Talos has no trouble killing frigates.

-Liang

Ed: It could probably be held down by a 10km/s Ares at 50km. Just as anything else. :P

I'm an idiot, don't mind me.

Cyzlaki
Ministry of War
Amarr Empire
#27 - 2012-01-13 01:59:34 UTC
Tippia wrote:
Liang Nuren wrote:
You seem to be saying exactly what I thought it would do, Tippia.
I'm saying that the OP is severely overstating his case since he's saying things that simply aren't true (viz. tracking comparison, damage output).

It's a good ship. It doesn't do what the OP claims.
Cyzlaki wrote:
You tell me and I'll tell you why you're wrong.
No. You made the comparison; you provide the data. Can't provide the data? Well, tough… there goes your claim.

Talos: 0.105, 1300
Zealot: 0.09, 525
Cyzlaki
Ministry of War
Amarr Empire
#28 - 2012-01-13 02:02:07 UTC  |  Edited by: Cyzlaki
Well that shut him up. Now if you'll excuse me I'll continue to say the Talos is the best while flying it
Tippia
Sunshine and Lollipops
#29 - 2012-01-13 02:04:07 UTC
Cyzlaki wrote:
Talos: 0.105, 1300
Zealot: 0.09, 525

…which means that the Zealot tracks 2.7× better.

Again, go back and have a look at how the tracking formula actually works.
Liang Nuren wrote:
No, I actually expected Tippia to make that comment when discussing tracking. I assure you, however, that the Talos has no trouble killing frigates.
Ok, colour me intrigued. Fit?
Cyzlaki
Ministry of War
Amarr Empire
#30 - 2012-01-13 02:05:09 UTC
Tippia wrote:
Cyzlaki wrote:
Talos: 0.105, 1300
Zealot: 0.09, 525

…which means that the Zealot tracks 2.7× better.

Again, go back and have a look at how the tracking formula actually works.
Liang Nuren wrote:
No, I actually expected Tippia to make that comment when discussing tracking. I assure you, however, that the Talos has no trouble killing frigates.
Ok, colour me intrigued. Fit?

LOL just outed yourself as a moron. I rest my case.
Cyzlaki
Ministry of War
Amarr Empire
#31 - 2012-01-13 02:05:44 UTC
haha now he's asking for our fits.
Cyzlaki
Ministry of War
Amarr Empire
#32 - 2012-01-13 02:06:34 UTC
Tippia: Doesn't know what he's talking about. Doesn't know how to fit a ship. Doesn't know how tracking works. Post obnoxious stuff implying he does.
Tippia
Sunshine and Lollipops
#33 - 2012-01-13 02:06:38 UTC
Cyzlaki wrote:
LOL just outed yourself as a moron. I rest my case.
I take it you don't understand why the Zealot has better tracking?
Cyzlaki
Ministry of War
Amarr Empire
#34 - 2012-01-13 02:09:07 UTC
Ship A has 0.60
Ship B has 0.03

Which one has better tracking?
Tippia
Sunshine and Lollipops
#35 - 2012-01-13 02:09:38 UTC
Cyzlaki wrote:
Ship A has 0.60
Ship B has 0.03

Which one has better tracking?
Depends on the sig resolution of the respective guns.

Do you want me to explain the tracking formula for you?
Cyzlaki
Ministry of War
Amarr Empire
#36 - 2012-01-13 02:11:01 UTC
Tippia wrote:
Cyzlaki wrote:
Ship A has 0.60
Ship B has 0.03

Which one has better tracking?
Depends on the sig resolution of the respective guns.

Do you want me to explain the tracking formula for you?

AHAHAHA no. Ship A has the better tracking. I rest my case.
Tippia
Sunshine and Lollipops
#37 - 2012-01-13 02:15:17 UTC
Cyzlaki wrote:
AHAHAHA no. Ship A has the better tracking. I rest my case.
No, because it still depends on the sig resolution of the respective guns. On those two numbers alone, the question cannot be answered.

Again, do you want me to explain the tracking formula for you?
Liang Nuren
No Salvation
#38 - 2012-01-13 02:19:35 UTC
Tippia wrote:
Cyzlaki wrote:
AHAHAHA no. Ship A has the better tracking. I rest my case.
No, because it still depends on the sig resolution of the respective guns. On those two numbers alone, the question cannot be answered.

Again, do you want me to explain the tracking formula for you?


Do it, and then explain some ways in which a ship might mitigate having 400/125 worse tracking. :)

-Liang

I'm an idiot, don't mind me.

Cyzlaki
Ministry of War
Amarr Empire
#39 - 2012-01-13 02:22:50 UTC
Wow this guy's a bonehead. Best to take out word for it and not worry yourself as I can see you don't even fly the ship in question
Sebastian N Cain
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#40 - 2012-01-13 02:24:06 UTC
Liang Nuren wrote:
Aamrr wrote:
Would this be a bad time to bring up the fact that while the Talos does use blasters (which give it good tracking) and has a tracking bonus (which gives it better tracking still), this still doesn't make up for the fact that it's using large guns, which have a poor signature resolution?

That said, the Talos would totally rip apart that Hurricane. The trouble isn't BCs, it's tinier stuff.


No, I actually expected Tippia to make that comment when discussing tracking. I assure you, however, that the Talos has no trouble killing frigates.

-Liang

Ed: It could probably be held down by a 10km/s Ares at 50km. Just as anything else. :P

You are fighting too much against noobs, this is why you feel so pro.
You know, noobs don´t really know how tracking works. This is why they are happily turning on their mwd to get all that shiny speed. However, with that signature bloom they are getting the signature of a BC (for frigates, with cruisers this is far worse), which is -as was already mentioned- too much against large guns. An AB frigate or cruiser would kick your ass.

mwd is for pve, in pvp you use afterburners.

I got lost in thought... it was unfamiliar territory.