These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Out of Pod Experience

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
 

My last 10 day's

First post
Author
sasuk
New Eden Construction Co
#1 - 2016-03-19 16:48:34 UTC
Shocked well its been a very long relationship with my girl EVE, more or less 13 year's since i was in beta, and i have seen a lot of change's,

me and my 10 accounts are off to play elite horizons, no ya cant haz my stuffz

im sorry eve but your changes have forced me to leave for another..........good luck all

TTFN Roll
Grauth Thorner
Vicious Trading Company
#2 - 2016-03-19 16:53:35 UTC
You sure it doesn't have anything to do with a cursed videotape?

View real-time damage statistics in-game

>EVE Live DPS Graph application forum thread

>iciclesoft.com

Aaron Honk
Distributed Denial of Service
#3 - 2016-03-19 16:53:52 UTC  |  Edited by: Aaron Honk
.
Dani Gallar
Doomheim
#4 - 2016-03-19 16:57:05 UTC  |  Edited by: Dani Gallar
LOL, playing EVE for 13 years and then going for a 'game' like Elite Horizons ... I mean good luck and all to the OP but I kind of feel sad that you didn´t realize earlier thet EVE was not the right Lady for you Cry
Diametrix
Black Rise Goods and Services
#5 - 2016-03-19 16:59:58 UTC
I have been a CCP customer since 2007. I have not always been a fan of CCP's particular choices and directions. There have been times I have let subscriptions lapse, rage-deleted characters, gone completely overboard with cataclysmic forum righteousness and wrath.

But, I have always remained their customer. I have left to play so many other games (including the one you mentioned), but I never stay gone.

They keep changing, that's true. But the half emptying glass you feel is rapidly filling many others.

Come back soon - especially if you give away your stuff. The fresh start is good for your immortal clone soul.
sasuk
New Eden Construction Co
#6 - 2016-03-19 17:01:11 UTC
im very sad that eve has turned some corners that, not sure how to explain it but, sort of commercialized eve and made her run of the mill, that's not why i stayed so long and im sure some of the other old timers also feel the same, hence the massive drop in server population, figures speak for them self's :)
Nana Skalski
Taisaanat Kotei
#7 - 2016-03-19 17:04:43 UTC
Dani Gallar
Doomheim
#8 - 2016-03-19 17:10:50 UTC
sasuk wrote:
im very sad that eve has turned some corners that, not sure how to explain it but, sort of commercialized eve and made her run of the mill, that's not why i stayed so long and im sure some of the other old timers also feel the same, hence the massive drop in server population, figures speak for them self's :)


What 'massive drop' are you talking about, are you aware that every single MMO in existence looses players over time ? Even WoW which is undoubtly the greatest MMO success ever have lost half of their players from their 'golden days' compared to today.
Nana Skalski
Taisaanat Kotei
#9 - 2016-03-19 17:15:30 UTC
All them new gamers play MOBA or such.
Old gamers are dying out, dont have time, life is ending and they played half of it as computer game.
ISD Dorrim Barstorlode
ISD Community Communications Liaisons
#10 - 2016-03-19 17:33:07 UTC
Thread has been moved to Out of Pod Experience.

ISD Dorrim Barstorlode

Senior Lead

Community Communication Liaisons (CCLs)

Interstellar Services Department

Indahmawar Fazmarai
#11 - 2016-03-19 18:16:58 UTC
Dani Gallar wrote:
sasuk wrote:
im very sad that eve has turned some corners that, not sure how to explain it but, sort of commercialized eve and made her run of the mill, that's not why i stayed so long and im sure some of the other old timers also feel the same, hence the massive drop in server population, figures speak for them self's :)


What 'massive drop' are you talking about, are you aware that every single MMO in existence looses players over time ? Even WoW which is undoubtly the greatest MMO success ever have lost half of their players from their 'golden days' compared to today.


PCU (peak concurrent users, the maximum amount of people logged on simultaneously) was down by 12,000 players from 2014 to 2015, and has dwindled another 6,000 from 2015 to 2016. This means that EVE server population has lost 18,000 players online out of 57,000 in the last two years.
Dani Gallar
Doomheim
#12 - 2016-03-19 19:41:49 UTC  |  Edited by: Dani Gallar
Indahmawar Fazmarai wrote:
PCU (peak concurrent users, the maximum amount of people logged on simultaneously) was down by 12,000 players from 2014 to 2015, and has dwindled another 6,000 from 2015 to 2016. This means that EVE server population has lost 18,000 players online out of 57,000 in the last two years.


So ... about the same % losses as WoW then. That MMO:s are having a hard time is nothing new and the fact that such a niche game as EVE haven´t been struck even harder then the mainstream MMO:s is actually quite impressive in my eyes.

Now don´t think I don´t see a problem for EVE (and MMO:s in general) if the loss of players continues but as I said it's more an issue for the genre as a whole then for EVE specifically so I don´t think there's much to do really except for the Dev's to continue doing their best to improve their game.

Todays gamers in general requires instant gratification which is why FPS-shooters and MOBA:s (and to a certain extent RTS-strategy games) see such success while most other genres see a decline.
Ms Biatchy
Dirt 'n' Glitter
Local Is Primary
#13 - 2016-03-23 13:22:32 UTC
I Request Full responsibility of Assets in your absence, property will be pro rated and divided into market shares for use in ........................................................TLDR

Can I haz ur stuffs?
Annemariela Antonela
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#14 - 2016-03-23 15:23:34 UTC
Your last 10 day's what?

“Culture is like a smog. To live within it, you must breathe some of it in and, inevitably, be contaminated.”

― Richard K. Morgan, Altered Carbon

J'Poll
MUSE LLP
RAZOR Alliance
#15 - 2016-03-24 00:19:39 UTC
Indahmawar Fazmarai wrote:
Dani Gallar wrote:
sasuk wrote:
im very sad that eve has turned some corners that, not sure how to explain it but, sort of commercialized eve and made her run of the mill, that's not why i stayed so long and im sure some of the other old timers also feel the same, hence the massive drop in server population, figures speak for them self's :)


What 'massive drop' are you talking about, are you aware that every single MMO in existence looses players over time ? Even WoW which is undoubtly the greatest MMO success ever have lost half of their players from their 'golden days' compared to today.


PCU (peak concurrent users, the maximum amount of people logged on simultaneously) was down by 12,000 players from 2014 to 2015, and has dwindled another 6,000 from 2015 to 2016. This means that EVE server population has lost 18,000 players online out of 57,000 in the last two years.


Or, now with multiple character training we lost thousands of alt accounts

Personal channel: Crazy Dutch Guy

Help channel: Help chat - Reloaded

Public roams channels: RvB Ganked / Redemption Road / Spectre Fleet / Bombers bar / The Content Club

Vortexo VonBrenner
Doomheim
#16 - 2016-03-24 23:35:15 UTC
After 13 years you're breaking up with EvE with "it's not me, it's you"? Kicking her out like a one-wow stand? Hope you don't regret it.

I tried elite for a week or so. Maybe not enough time at all, but it just didn't grab my interest much. Not nearly as interesting as EvE, imo.

Hope you like it...don't biomass your chars...when you find elite to be not as great as you had hoped, you might want them.

see ya





Nana Skalski
Taisaanat Kotei
#17 - 2016-03-25 00:03:19 UTC
Azda Ja
Native Freshfood
Minmatar Republic
#18 - 2016-03-26 17:04:51 UTC
Aaron Honk wrote:
Can I have your items Big smile

The technical term is 'stuff'.

Grrr.

Xtreem
Kiith Paktu
Already Replaced.
#19 - 2016-03-28 17:46:32 UTC
If you're leaving for good, which is the only thing warranting a post like this, then have the stones to delete your char.

As a fellow 2003 player, who also feels eve if getting awful watered down (a topic for another time), I hope when my time to leave comes I will hit the skull icon, it will most likely be the only thing that stops me coming back :D
Xtreem
Kiith Paktu
Already Replaced.
#20 - 2016-03-28 17:47:30 UTC
Azda Ja wrote:
Aaron Honk wrote:
Can I have your items Big smile

The technical term is 'stuff'.



OP said people can't have his stuff (well stuffz to be exact) so poster was just trying to re word it for effect, I think he knew the term ;-)