These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
 

200,000 free skill points? great..

Author
Juno Sabeza
Doomheim
#1 - 2016-03-11 22:47:52 UTC
Why can't we choose which character on the account gets assigned these skill points?

My account has a character that I have stopped training a couple months ago, and another which has been training for pvp since then. For some reason the account that has no skill queue and is no longer training, is the account that got given the 200,000 free skill points to allocate.

Surely we are able to choose which character gets given the skilll points? Because my character in training would really like them.
Grauth Thorner
Vicious Trading Company
#2 - 2016-03-11 22:50:43 UTC
You can by buying a skill extractor What?

Seriously though, open a petition and see what they can do.

View real-time damage statistics in-game

>EVE Live DPS Graph application forum thread

>iciclesoft.com

Mister Ripley
Ministry of War
Amarr Empire
#3 - 2016-03-11 22:54:11 UTC
http://community.eveonline.com/news/news-channels/eve-online-news/citadels-science-servers-and-downtimes-a-new-video-blog-from-ccp-seagull/
Quote:
In addition to this CCP Seagull also reveals a gift of 200,000 unallocated skillpoints for the recent issues and extended downtimes that Tranquility has experienced. These skillpoints will be delivered before the weekend as compensation to each character who had an active skill queue between 2016/02/24 and 2016/03/01.
SurrenderMonkey
The Exchange Collective
Solyaris Chtonium
#4 - 2016-03-11 22:55:15 UTC  |  Edited by: SurrenderMonkey
Juno Sabeza wrote:
Why can't we choose which character on the account gets assigned these skill points?

My account has a character that I have stopped training a couple months ago, and another which has been training for pvp since then. For some reason the account that has no skill queue and is no longer training, is the account that got given the 200,000 free skill points to allocate.

Surely we are able to choose which character gets given the skilll points? Because my character in training would really like them.


Holy ****, the game was a little unstable for a few days while they hammered the kinks out of a major infrastructure upgrade. You got a small cookie in return.

Say "Thanks" and quit being an insufferable little ****.

"Help, I'm bored with missions!"

http://swiftandbitter.com/eve/wtd/

Tyberius Franklin
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#5 - 2016-03-11 22:59:09 UTC
Mister Ripley wrote:
http://community.eveonline.com/news/news-channels/eve-online-news/citadels-science-servers-and-downtimes-a-new-video-blog-from-ccp-seagull/
Quote:
In addition to this CCP Seagull also reveals a gift of 200,000 unallocated skillpoints for the recent issues and extended downtimes that Tranquility has experienced. These skillpoints will be delivered before the weekend as compensation to each character who had an active skill queue between 2016/02/24 and 2016/03/01.
There was some discussion on this (on reddit) which revealed that it was given to the highest SP character on any account that was capable of training whether it was actually doing so or not.

There was a statement that hopefully in the future we'll be able to decide which character we want it allocated to, but this past incident was confirmed as highest SP priority rather than which character was actually training.

To the OP: You may want to try submitting a petition to have the SP moved.
zluq zabaa
Inhumanum Legionis
#6 - 2016-03-11 22:59:39 UTC
Grauth Thorner wrote:
Seriously though, open a petition and see what they can do.


This. CCP will help you out.
Juno Sabeza
Doomheim
#7 - 2016-03-11 23:02:12 UTC
Thanks all.

SurrenderMonkey you have issues. I wasn't being demanding or ungrateful, I was asking a perfectly legitimate question.
Go back to the wow forums.

Peace out. o/
Aiwha
Infinite Point
Test Alliance Please Ignore
#8 - 2016-03-11 23:16:54 UTC
Well that was something.



Yeah, go file a petition and a nice GM might be able to transfer those SP in the pool to another character for you. When you're polite, GM's tend to be very helpful.

Sanity is fun leaving the body.

Memphis Baas
#9 - 2016-03-11 23:31:22 UTC  |  Edited by: Memphis Baas
To be fair, CCP PrismX announced his reasons for how the points were gifted, and asked for feedback on how to do it in the future, only on Reddit.

To be unfair, it's been a week, and granted you only logged in now, but still, if you've missed the party but are freaked out by what they've done, you can assume that there's already been a huge outcry (we're EVE players after all, burn Jita and all that), so simply ask us where the torches and pitchforks threads are, or scroll General Discussion back about a week (pg. 23) or whatever.

EDIT: They did announce in the Reddit thread that they'll reassign the points to your character of choice if you create a support ticket asking for it. So, as advised above, petition.